*Official* Marantz 2016 NR-1607, SR-5011/6011/7011 owner's thread - Page 161 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7306Likes

post #4801 of 4941 Old 01-18-2019, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Refer to post 4 and do a "Microprocessor reset" noting it will delete all settings to include Audyssey so back them up using the web control feature if desired. If still no joy, then likely out of warranty, so either repair or upgrade to a newer model.
Because it was a B stock I purchased an extended warranty. So I'll see how that works out. I swapped in a different receiver and the turntable works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4802 of 4941 Old 01-22-2019, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Angry Sound problems with Marantz setup

Have the following Marantz receiver into a Panasonic TV
Also have a 4K Foxtel box into CBL/SAT HDMI 1

A Panasonic Bluray recorder into HDMI 2
Have 2 front and a centre speaker
Can only get sound via the Bluray on HD channels and not at all on SBS or ABC and all only on the centre speaker Foxtel is ok has sound

There is an optical cable presumably from the TV back to the Marantz

Was working on old Foxtel box but have a new 4K one.

Why can we only get sound on HD channels Logically if you get sound on one channel it should be on all of them, shouldnt it
post #4803 of 4941 Old 01-22-2019, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Talking Marantz SR7011 zone2 and 3 not working

I have the SR7011 with zone2 and 3. When using Airplay i can play the music on all three zones but when i have the source on Cable or TV, Zone 2 and 3 does not play. Is there a section where i can assign zone2 and 3 to play with these input sources?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4804 of 4941 Old 01-23-2019, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2180 Post(s)
Liked: 4088
Moving you to the AVR section as it might make more sense.

But I believe you'll need to supply more information. Let's start with the model numbers of everything involved... Marantz AVR, Panasonic TV and Panasonic BD device.

Next, you might need to be more descriptive of how everything is connected. You say...

Quote:
Is that HDMI 1 of the television or the Marantz?

Quote:
Can only get sound via the Bluray on HD channels
Does this mean the BD device is also a streaming device? Model numbers please!

I'm not at all familiar with Foxtel or other NZ programming offerings. You may have to spell that out a little more.

Good luck.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #4805 of 4941 Old 01-23-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRde45 View Post
I have the SR7011 with zone2 and 3. When using Airplay i can play the music on all three zones but when i have the source on Cable or TV, Zone 2 and 3 does not play. Is there a section where i can assign zone2 and 3 to play with these input sources?

Thank you!
While watching cable or TV, try pressing on the receiver's Options button and selecting "All Zone Stereo".

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #4806 of 4941 Old 01-23-2019, 02:24 PM

Its a Marantz 1607 Is all connected like this

The Marantz is hooked to the TV via Monitor out

Everything is plugged into the Marantz via HDMI and from it to the TV
If we use the Panasonic Bluray player/ recorder we get the picture but no sound on the Tv except when we tune it to a HD channel and we get sound on centre front speaker only It is a player/ recorder/ tuner/ ( PVR) type

If we use Foxtel (PayTV) we get sound on all channels but only on the centre speaker

If we use Live Tv still only sound on centre speaker.

In Setup using manual Audessy it shows the 3 speakers as being there I have yet to do a sound test of them.

ARC doesnt want to work and so we have an Optical sound cable from TV out to optical in on the Marantz.

It was all working but owner got a new 4K Foxtel box and pulled it all apart and then couldnt remember how it all went and asked me to help.
Am going to hook speakers to different outputs and check all is well and it might be just a setting, Hopefully

Dont want to reset the Marantz as it is controlled via WIFI by a custom program and I dont want to upset that.

I am am a Kiwi but actually live in Australia.
post #4807 of 4941 Old 01-23-2019, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 701 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22007 Post(s)
Liked: 11931
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRde45 View Post

Thank you!
The source audio must be 2CH stereo to pass to Zone 2 from an HDMI source; however, cannot pass to Zone 3 over HDMI unless using the "ALL ZONE STEREO" setting in which case the main zone is down mixed to stereo as well.
post #4808 of 4941 Old 01-23-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyNZ View Post
Its a Marantz 1607 Is all connected like this

The Marantz is hooked to the TV via Monitor out

Everything is plugged into the Marantz via HDMI and from it to the TV
If we use the Panasonic Bluray player/ recorder we get the picture but no sound on the Tv except when we tune it to a HD channel and we get sound on centre front speaker only It is a player/ recorder/ tuner/ ( PVR) type

If we use Foxtel (PayTV) we get sound on all channels but only on the centre speaker

If we use Live Tv still only sound on centre speaker.

In Setup using manual Audessy it shows the 3 speakers as being there I have yet to do a sound test of them.

ARC doesnt want to work and so we have an Optical sound cable from TV out to optical in on the Marantz.

It was all working but owner got a new 4K Foxtel box and pulled it all apart and then couldnt remember how it all went and asked me to help.
Am going to hook speakers to different outputs and check all is well and it might be just a setting, Hopefully

Dont want to reset the Marantz as it is controlled via WIFI by a custom program and I dont want to upset that.

I am am a Kiwi but actually live in Australia.
Run the Audyssey Setup to ensure the speakers are set up correctly and a test tone is passed to all three speakers: L/C/R.

Then power on the TV first, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, Foxtel box.
post #4809 of 4941 Old 01-23-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Have the following Marantz receiver into a Panasonic TV

A Panasonic Bluray recorder into HDMI 2
Have 2 front and a centre speaker
Can only get sound via the Bluray on HD channels and not at all on SBS or ABC and all only on the centre speaker Foxtel is ok has sound

There is an optical cable presumably from the TV back to the Marantz

Was working on old Foxtel box but have a new 4K one.

Why can we only get sound on HD channels Logically if you get sound on one channel it should be on all of them, shouldnt it
Its fixed idiot owner didnt refix speaker wires properly and the one that did work I had done it LOL

All good thanks
post #4810 of 4941 Old 01-24-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Its fixed idiot owner didnt refix speaker wires properly and the one that did work I had done it LOL

All good thanks
Great! Thanks for reporting back.
post #4811 of 4941 Old 01-24-2019, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
The source audio must be 2CH stereo to pass to Zone 2 from an HDMI source; however, cannot pass to Zone 3 over HDMI unless using the "ALL ZONE STEREO" setting in which case the main zone is down mixed to stereo as well.
Is there no way to get an analog audio out signal from the 7011 of what is currently playing in Zone 1?

I have a cable box connected to the 7011 with an HDMI cable. I would like that audio to go out the PRE OUT for ZONE2 (or anywhere) so I can play it on other speakers (I'm using a Sonos Connect). Currently, the PRE OUT is giving me nothing, even in ALL ZONE STEREO mode. The sonos shows a connection and moving EQ bars to show there is a signal, but I don't hear anything. If I go RCA directly from the cable box to the Sonos it works fine.

Do I also need to send an analog audio signal from my cable box to the analog AUDIO IN for CBL/SAT to get that audio out ZONE2 PRE OUT?

If that's the case the ZONE2 PRE OUT does nothing for me, as it is simpler to go direct from CBL to the Sonos, and I wouldn't be able to get any other sound (from BluRay player, Roku, etc) out of that. My idea was that I would be able to send whatever is playing in Zone 1 to the Sonos connect to be able to play elsewhere in the house. I really thought that part would be simple.
post #4812 of 4941 Old 01-24-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkeous View Post
Is there no way to get an analog audio out signal from the 7011 of what is currently playing in Zone 1?

I have a cable box connected to the 7011 with an HDMI cable. I would like that audio to go out the PRE OUT for ZONE2 (or anywhere) so I can play it on other speakers (I'm using a Sonos Connect). Currently, the PRE OUT is giving me nothing, even in ALL ZONE STEREO mode. The sonos shows a connection and moving EQ bars to show there is a signal, but I don't hear anything. If I go RCA directly from the cable box to the Sonos it works fine.

Do I also need to send an analog audio signal from my cable box to the analog AUDIO IN for CBL/SAT to get that audio out ZONE2 PRE OUT?

If that's the case the ZONE2 PRE OUT does nothing for me, as it is simpler to go direct from CBL to the Sonos, and I wouldn't be able to get any other sound (from BluRay player, Roku, etc) out of that. My idea was that I would be able to send whatever is playing in Zone 1 to the Sonos connect to be able to play elsewhere in the house. I really thought that part would be simple.
As I said, a source 2CH HDMI signal will pass to Zone 2 or if the source is multi channel, then you can use the ALL ZONE STEREO setting to down mix it to 2CH stereo which will then pass to Zone 2. You can also connect an analog audio cable from the source to the AVR using the same source name as the HDMI cable input (eg. CBL/SAT). If you have powered on Zone 2 using the remote control and selected the same source playing in the main zone and still not getting audio from the Zone 2 pre-outs using ALL ZONE STEREO, then there's an issue with your unit. Start with a "soft reset" by simply powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cable and HDMI cables for 10 minutes. If still no joy, then a microprocessor reset is the next step (post 6).
post #4813 of 4941 Old 02-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
As I said, a source 2CH HDMI signal will pass to Zone 2 or if the source is multi channel, then you can use the ALL ZONE STEREO setting to down mix it to 2CH stereo which will then pass to Zone 2. You can also connect an analog audio cable from the source to the AVR using the same source name as the HDMI cable input (eg. CBL/SAT). If you have powered on Zone 2 using the remote control and selected the same source playing in the main zone and still not getting audio from the Zone 2 pre-outs using ALL ZONE STEREO, then there's an issue with your unit. Start with a "soft reset" by simply powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cable and HDMI cables for 10 minutes. If still no joy, then a microprocessor reset is the next step (post 6).
Thanks for the information, and sorry about the dumb question. So it turns out I am getting a signal out the pre-amp for zone 2, it's just REALLY low. And by low, I mean in comparison to any other input to my Sonos system. With Zone 2 volume at max (it's limited to 70 whereas my main volume can go higher), I need to turn my Sonos volume close to 100% to get decent sound. With any other source on Sonos (including analog line-in from the cable box), it would probably be blowing out the speakers. Not sure if this is a difference between an analog out and a pre out, but it's weird.

So I have another question, or more of a confirmation. My Zone 1 is set up as 9.1, so I have the Height 2 L & R speaker posts open. However, I can find no way to set these up as Zone 2. I'm guessing once I use the Height 1 connections as actual height speakers, the other set can only be used for an additional set of height speakers. I was trying to bypass Sonos altogether and just control the speakers from the Marantz.
post #4814 of 4941 Old 02-03-2019, 12:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I have a Marantz SR6011 AVR. It's a 240V power supply version. I want to manually update the firmware via USB drive. I go to Marantz EU site (( https://firmware.marantz.eu/ )) and punch in the serial number but it is not recognized. Then, I go to Marantz USA site (( https://www.us.marantz.com/us/suppor...ctupdates.aspx )), and to my surprise, it detects my unit and allows me to download the firmware update.

How is it possible that my unit (bought from authorized Marantz dealer in South East Asia) not recognized in EU region but recognized in US region? The packaging box itself looks like it belongs to EU region though.
post #4815 of 4941 Old 02-03-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
I have a Marantz SR6011 AVR. It's a 240V power supply version. I want to manually update the firmware via USB drive. I go to Marantz EU site (( https://firmware.marantz.eu/ )) and punch in the serial number but it is not recognized. Then, I go to Marantz USA site (( https://www.us.marantz.com/us/suppor...ctupdates.aspx )), and to my surprise, it detects my unit and allows me to download the firmware update.

How is it possible that my unit (bought from authorized Marantz dealer in South East Asia) not recognized in EU region but recognized in US region? The packaging box itself looks like it belongs to EU region though.
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the USA site "recognizes" your specific serial number as I can punch in the number "0123456789" and it shows me the latest SR6011 update as well.

I would contact the dealer in which you purchased the unit or reach out to Denon Europe as we focus on the USA models here.
Keith Zuehlke likes this.
post #4816 of 4941 Old 02-03-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkeous View Post
Thanks for the information, and sorry about the dumb question. So it turns out I am getting a signal out the pre-amp for zone 2, it's just REALLY low. And by low, I mean in comparison to any other input to my Sonos system. With Zone 2 volume at max (it's limited to 70 whereas my main volume can go higher), I need to turn my Sonos volume close to 100% to get decent sound. With any other source on Sonos (including analog line-in from the cable box), it would probably be blowing out the speakers. Not sure if this is a difference between an analog out and a pre out, but it's weird.

So I have another question, or more of a confirmation. My Zone 1 is set up as 9.1, so I have the Height 2 L & R speaker posts open. However, I can find no way to set these up as Zone 2. I'm guessing once I use the Height 1 connections as actual height speakers, the other set can only be used for an additional set of height speakers. I was trying to bypass Sonos altogether and just control the speakers from the Marantz.
If you review p. 48 of the SR7011 Owner's manual, you'll see what speaker configurations are possible and also learn that there is no powered Zone 2 capability when you have a 9.1 speaker configuration in the main zone. You will either have to drop the rear surrounds and use "7.1ch + ZONE2" which is the factory default setting or connect a 2CH amp to the Zone 2 pre-outs to power the Zone 2 speakers.
Keith Zuehlke likes this.
post #4817 of 4941 Old 02-04-2019, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey guys
Lost picture on all channels.

Did a factory reset then pulled the mains for 20 minutes and now have a picture. I did a backup of the config a while ago but can not see it on the network.

How can I get it back on the network so I can drag and drop my old config file ?
post #4818 of 4941 Old 02-04-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obwizards View Post
Hey guys
Lost picture on all channels.

Did a factory reset then pulled the mains for 20 minutes and now have a picture. I did a backup of the config a while ago but can not see it on the network.

How can I get it back on the network so I can drag and drop my old config file ?
Refer to your specific model's post on page 1 and do a "Network Reset."
obwizards likes this.
post #4819 of 4941 Old 02-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
If you review p. 48 of the SR7011 Owner's manual, you'll see what speaker configurations are possible and also learn that there is no powered Zone 2 capability when you have a 9.1 speaker configuration in the main zone. You will either have to drop the rear surrounds and use "7.1ch + ZONE2" which is the factory default setting or connect a 2CH amp to the Zone 2 pre-outs to power the Zone 2 speakers.
Thanks for always providing great answers to Users in these forums, JD! It takes an exceptional amount of both patience and knowledge to do what you do.

Gave you 2 "likes" to bring your total to 11111.

I win!
vince48 and vn800art like this.

TCL 55P607, OPPO UDP-203, 4K Fire TV, Marantz 6011, Rotel 1075 (Atmos)
DefTech SM 65 (X7), SVS PB16 Ultra (X2), SVS Prime Elevation (X4)
Headphone rig: PC-> Schiit Wyrd ->Schiit Modi Multibit ->Stax SRM-353X ->THX AAA 789
Headphones: Stax SR-207, Stax SR-L700, M1060, TH-X00 Purpleheart, HD600, HD6XX, etc
post #4820 of 4941 Old 02-04-2019, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Zuehlke View Post
Thanks for always providing great answers to Users in these forums, JD! It takes an exceptional amount of both patience and knowledge to do what you do.

Gave you 2 "likes" to bring your total to 11111.

I win!
i TOTALLY agree, THANK YOU JD
obwizards likes this.
post #4821 of 4941 Old 02-06-2019, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince48 View Post
i TOTALLY agree, THANK YOU JD
Agreed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
obwizards likes this.
post #4822 of 4941 Old 02-08-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My SR7011 just did a firmware update today. Anyone know what is included in this update?
post #4823 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 03:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertoa1a View Post
My SR7011 just did a firmware update today. Anyone know what is included in this update?
Checked I show nothing - I have ending in 8481-3591, what do you show?

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #4824 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Checked I show nothing - I have ending in 8481-3591, what do you show?

I have 8481-3594.
Dts 50.51.

Thanks.
post #4825 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have 8481-3594.
Dts 50.51.

Thanks.
I have a SR7011, do you? Interesting - I check the website using the model & serial # and it showed the last update was 8/18/2018? there are newer updates for the 5011 and 6011 dated (Release Date:September 19 2018)

SR7011] 08/08/2018
North American Version Only- August 2018 Release
Release Date: August 08 2018

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #4826 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I have a SR7011, do you? Interesting - I check the website using the model & serial # and it showed the last update was 8/18/2018? there are newer updates for the 5011 and 6011 dated (Release Date:September 19 2018)

SR7011] 08/08/2018

Yes, I have the SR7011 and I checked the sight as well and didn't see anything. I also looked through the menus and didn't notice any new options so I went through the latest post here and didn't see any post regarding it. Now I'm really curious.

I bought mine as a referb about 6 months ago.
post #4827 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

SR7011] 08/08/2018
Quote:
Yes, I have the SR7011 and I checked the sight as well and didn't see anything. I also looked through the menus and didn't notice any new options so I went through the latest post here and didn't see any post regarding it. Now I'm really curious.

I bought mine as a referb about 6 months ago.
Lets see if anyone else joins the conversation and can add some insights.

post #4828 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Yeah, Sr7011 here in Europe, system shows an update, 12 minutes installation time. Don't want to be the guinea pig!
Actually running 6461 7008 8431 1584
Dts 3.90.50.51
Regards
Alessandro
Started watching Red Tails in Auro 11.1. Don't even care the possible stability fixes!

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
post #4829 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Post 15 updated to reflect the change log for the recent firmware update.
vn800art likes this.
post #4830 of 4941 Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Post 15 updated to reflect the change log for the recent firmware update.

Much thanks for taking the time to maintain the thread. I wasn't expecting that on the older unit.

I think this update may resolve an issue for me with the USB drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
analog or toslink headphones sr6011 , audio outputs , marantz receiver ethernet playback noise , NR-1607

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page