*Official* Marantz 2016 NR-1607, SR-5011/6011/7011 owner's thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7307Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 4949 Old 07-12-2016, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bigguyca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Turkestan
Posts: 1,552
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
What 2016 models will be made in Japan?

Regards
Looking at pictures of the back panels of the new gear it appears that it is made in Vietnam. I believe it was made in China in 2015 except for the top of the line items that were made in Japan. I've had good luck items from Vietnam. The country is also more open to foreign control of at least some investments where that is difficult in China. Unless there are startup problems with production, the move of production to Vietnam appears to be a good thing. While it is a completely different sort of product, my experience is that some of the finest furniture in the world is produced in Vietnam.

Keep in mind that Japan is a country in decline. It's population has started to decline and will continue to decline for decades. See the link below for more details. The demographics are that the remaining population has a high average age, and that average is increasing. It is unlikely that we'll see much produced in Japan in the future; who will do it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lly-shrinking/
bigguyca is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 4949 Old 07-13-2016, 12:23 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
Been planning to upgrade my current H/K 1710 AVR to a Marantz. Mostly likely the 50xx. Now that I see the 5011 isn't much different than the 5010, I can hopefully find a really good price on a refurb 5010 soon
I'm with ya! When you break it down, there really isn't much justification to shell out the extra dough fore the 5011. So it gets dual band wifi and will support the new Audyssey app- both things I think I can live without. I may be wrong, but I believe the 5010 has a 802.11n wifi card- which if I understand correctly can be capable of picking up a 5GHz signal.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...0-value/1.html

^ You might expect this to get even lower as the 5011s start to hit the shelves.
AudioNewGuy is offline  
post #63 of 4949 Old 07-13-2016, 02:33 PM
Member
 
rossi46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'll be upgrading from an SR-5008. Do you think there will be significant enough savings on the outgoing 5010 model over the 5011 model?

I know there's not much difference, but part of me still wants the '16 version just because it is the newest model available.

LG OLED 55" B6 | Oppo UDP-203 | Yamaha RX-A1060 | KEF KHT-3005 | BlueJeansCable
- video and audio calibrated by Jeff Meier -
rossi46 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 4949 Old 07-13-2016, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNewGuy View Post
I'm with ya! When you break it down, there really isn't much justification to shell out the extra dough fore the 5011. So it gets dual band wifi and will support the new Audyssey app- both things I think I can live without. I may be wrong, but I believe the 5010 has a 802.11n wifi card- which if I understand correctly can be capable of picking up a 5GHz signal.
It can't.
AudioNewGuy likes this.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #65 of 4949 Old 07-13-2016, 06:48 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It can't.
Haha, oh well. I just can't justify spending $899 when I can spend ~$600 for the exact same thing!
AudioNewGuy is offline  
post #66 of 4949 Old 07-13-2016, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,601
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Unless there's a replacement for the 8802 (unlikely), none of the 2016 models will be made in Japan.
petetherock is online now  
post #67 of 4949 Old 07-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
videofx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chicago, IL The windy city
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Hello everyone,

I need to replace my Yamaha with a new receiver. I am thinking the SR6011 or the SR7011 or the Yamaha Aventage RX-2060.

I have an LG OLED65E6 4K TV, so of course I need HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 which all these receivers have. I still use my Laserdisc player which is an analog source. I know how Yamaha handles video conversion. My question is does Marantz do a better job of upscaling my 480i to 4K or does Yamaha?

Thanks in advance for your help!
bigbrain28 likes this.

Comcast Xfinity with 150MB/s download speed
LG OLED65E6P 65" OLED 4K 3D DISPLAY
Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K UHD Bluray player / Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc
Marantz SR-6011 AVR
Playstation 4/Blu-Ray 3D/Playstation 3/Playstation 2/Playstation
Xbox One/Xbox 360 with HD-DVD/Xbox
videofx is offline  
post #68 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 03:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofx View Post
Hello everyone,

I need to replace my Yamaha with a new receiver. I am thinking the SR6011 or the SR7011 or the Yamaha Aventage RX-2060.

I have an LG OLED65E6 4K TV, so of course I need HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 which all these receivers have. I still use my Laserdisc player which is an analog source. I know how Yamaha handles video conversion. My question is does Marantz do a better job of upscaling my 480i to 4K or does Yamaha?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Most likely your new TV does as good of a job.

The Marantz models feature multi analog inputs (eg. SACD player) whereas Yamaha has dropped them on all models. Also important to note the A2060 is capped at 9CH maximum whereas the SR6011 and SR7011 are both expandable from 9CH to 11CH using an external 2CH amp.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #69 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 03:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
Unless there's a replacement for the 8802 (unlikely), none of the 2016 models will be made in Japan.
Correct. Not until Jan 2018.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #70 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RafaelSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando Fl
Posts: 2,996
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNewGuy View Post
I'm with ya! When you break it down, there really isn't much justification to shell out the extra dough fore the 5011. So it gets dual band wifi and will support the new Audyssey app- both things I think I can live without. I may be wrong, but I believe the 5010 has a 802.11n wifi card- which if I understand correctly can be capable of picking up a 5GHz signal.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...0-value/1.html

^ You might expect this to get even lower as the 5011s start to hit the shelves.
Yeah that is the plan. I dont care about wifi. I actually likey HK 1710 except not thrilled with their autoeq. Looking for something with Audessey. Have no need for atmos so a 5009 might be all i need.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
RafaelSmith is offline  
post #71 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
videofx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chicago, IL The windy city
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Most likely your new TV does as good of a job.

The Marantz models feature multi analog inputs (eg. SACD player) whereas Yamaha has dropped them on all models. Also important to note the A2060 is capped at 9CH maximum whereas the SR6011 and SR7011 are both expandable from 9CH to 11CH using an external 2CH amp.
Thanks JD. The problem is the TV does a lousy Job

Here you can see the LG OLED Upscale and the second is the Yamaha. If the Marantz has a better implementation of transcoding and upscaling then I should buy the Marantz but if not I will stick with Yamaha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Upscale.jpg
Views:	1019
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1545689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamaha.jpg
Views:	1070
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1545697  

Comcast Xfinity with 150MB/s download speed
LG OLED65E6P 65" OLED 4K 3D DISPLAY
Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K UHD Bluray player / Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc
Marantz SR-6011 AVR
Playstation 4/Blu-Ray 3D/Playstation 3/Playstation 2/Playstation
Xbox One/Xbox 360 with HD-DVD/Xbox
videofx is offline  
post #72 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofx View Post
Thanks JD. The problem is the TV does a lousy Job

Here you can see the LG OLED Upscale and the second is the Yamaha. If the Marantz has a better implementation of transcoding and upscaling then I should buy the Marantz but if not I will stick with Yamaha.
Couldn't say then.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #73 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
videofx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chicago, IL The windy city
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I will be adding front and rear Dolby Atmos speakers. Is Audyssey better than YPAO?

Comcast Xfinity with 150MB/s download speed
LG OLED65E6P 65" OLED 4K 3D DISPLAY
Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K UHD Bluray player / Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc
Marantz SR-6011 AVR
Playstation 4/Blu-Ray 3D/Playstation 3/Playstation 2/Playstation
Xbox One/Xbox 360 with HD-DVD/Xbox
videofx is offline  
post #74 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,826
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofx View Post
I will be adding front and rear Dolby Atmos speakers. Is Audyssey better than YPAO?
It depends. Audyssey can EQ to a lower frequency, but YPAO lets you do more manual tweaking.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #75 of 4949 Old 07-14-2016, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
It depends. Audyssey can EQ to a lower frequency, but YPAO lets you do more manual tweaking.
Only until this fall when the new Audyssey phone app is released which will allow tweaking of the Audyssey curve.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #76 of 4949 Old 07-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
I'll be upgrading from an SR-5008. Do you think there will be significant enough savings on the outgoing 5010 model over the 5011 model?

I know there's not much difference, but part of me still wants the '16 version just because it is the newest model available.
I'm also upgrading from an SR-5008 and am facing the same dilemma. I was going to go with the '16 version until I read through the features of the 5011 and couldn't see anything new except the Audyssey app (which somebody said earlier in this thread would cost $30). Now if they came out and said they improved the audio or they added MultEQ XT32 or they made the 2nd HDMI out a 2nd zone, that would likely convince me to go with the 5011. As it stands, Marantz isn't giving me much of a reason to go with the 5011 over a closeout or refurb deal on a 5010 or even 6010.
MagicKnights is offline  
post #77 of 4949 Old 07-20-2016, 05:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Schuyler Bain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Do you think the 2016 line will be released in Nov. for the US as well? I've had my eye on the AV7702mkII for a while now, but maybe I'll wait for the 7703.
Schuyler Bain is offline  
post #78 of 4949 Old 07-20-2016, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuyler Bain View Post
Do you think the 2016 line will be released in Nov. for the US as well? I've had my eye on the AV7702mkII for a while now, but maybe I'll wait for the 7703.
The MKII was released in Oct so the expectation is the AV7703 would be released in October as well.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #79 of 4949 Old 07-22-2016, 03:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 37
hey folks, I am in market for a new reciever and seems like marantz 5010 might be the one .. But since 5011 has already been announced, do you guys think a price drop on 5010 is imminent? Would waiting a few weeks / a month or so be a good idea? (or how long before do you guys think 5010 drops in price )
Elessar29 is offline  
post #80 of 4949 Old 07-22-2016, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,826
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar29 View Post
hey folks, I am in market for a new reciever and seems like marantz 5010 might be the one .. But since 5011 has already been announced, do you guys think a price drop on 5010 is imminent? Would waiting a few weeks / a month or so be a good idea? (or how long before do you guys think 5010 drops in price )
The SR5010 is already being discounted. You have to call an authorized dealer on the telephone to get the best pricing. MSRP is all they're allowed to mention publicly on Web sites. Crutchfield and Best Buy only sell at MSRP, so don't expect them to give you the best prices.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #81 of 4949 Old 07-23-2016, 11:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
The SR5010 is already being discounted. You have to call an authorized dealer on the telephone to get the best pricing. MSRP is all they're allowed to mention publicly on Web sites. Crutchfield and Best Buy only sell at MSRP, so don't expect them to give you the best prices.
is there any go to dealer that a lot of people on avsforums recommend or should i just try calling my local authorized dealers?
Elessar29 is offline  
post #82 of 4949 Old 07-23-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RolandOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar29 View Post
is there any go to dealer that a lot of people on avsforums recommend or should i just try calling my local authorized dealers?
Yes, call AV Science (post #78 above)

Sony A1E OLED | Yamaha RX-A1060 | Sony UBP-X800 | PS4 | ATV4
B&W 684 S2 | HTM61 S2 | SVS SB12-NSD
RolandOG is offline  
post #83 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
owl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Maybe I missed - when will the 7011 be available?
owl1 is online now  
post #84 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1 View Post
Maybe I missed - when will the 7011 be available?
Likely in Oct/Nov
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #85 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Member
 
Zforce5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: IL
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has there been a USD price announced for the 6011?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If people don't like guitar solos they're...stupid" -Mark Tremonti
Zforce5 is offline  
post #86 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zforce5 View Post
Has there been a USD price announced for the 6011?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marantz just posted it up on their website ... same MSRP as last year's SR6010 .... $1399.

http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pa...oductId=SR6011
Zforce5 likes this.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #87 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
thyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 126
1606 (2015) and 1607 (2016 model) look the same to me (mostly - the most important specs). Why would one pay $200 more for the 2016 model? Crutchfield has the 2015 discounted by $200.
thyname is offline  
post #88 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
IMWhizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,252
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
1606 (2015) and 1607 (2016 model) look the same to me (mostly - the most important specs). Why would one pay $200 more for the 2016 model? Crutchfield has the 2015 discounted by $200.


The only significant differences are WiFi on 5Ghz (higher wireless speeds) and the Audyssey app as far as i know.

Klipsch Reference Premiere: 4 x RP-280's, 1 x RP 450C and dual R-115W's
Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED B6
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
IMWhizzle is offline  
post #89 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,054
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
1606 (2015) and 1607 (2016 model) look the same to me (mostly - the most important specs). Why would one pay $200 more for the 2016 model? Crutchfield has the 2015 discounted by $200.
If you don't want the new features on the 2016 model, save money with the 2015 model.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #90 of 4949 Old 07-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
thyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If you don't want the new features on the 2016 model, save money with the 2015 model.
Any new features would be nice, but the questions becomes: "are those two extra features on 2016 models worth $200?"

I don't think so....
thyname is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
analog or toslink headphones sr6011 , audio outputs , marantz receiver ethernet playback noise , NR-1607

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off