*Official* Marantz 2016 NR-1607, SR-5011/6011/7011 owner's thread - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7308Likes

post #1531 of 5005 Old 03-27-2017, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 730 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22423 Post(s)
Liked: 12198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVbuf View Post
1. I will give more space in the back also.
2. I will check ECO today.
3. All this theory applicable if Audyssey is turned off? I am asking because many of them whom I know in my place never run Audyssey. They just set speaker levels based on running test tones at 75db by using spl meter for all speakers in Manual setup and It works better than Audyssey. Is it wrong that way?
1. Their loss as Audyssey would provide a much better listening experience.
2. Not wrong (as it is their setup so they can do as they choose), but they're not doing any EQ of the speakers/sub, rather simply setting the level/distance which is not the EQ. The vast majority of owners will prefer the benefit of having running Audyssey especially in rooms that are awkward in shape with no acoustic wall treatment panels in the room.
AVbuf likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 5005 Old 03-27-2017, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
A couple quick questions:
There are several ways to listen to a specific music source like Pandora or an online radio station: I can listen to Pandora from (1)the builtin Pandora choice offered on our NR1607, (2)via Bluetooth from PC or phone (using wifi for source on PC or phone). I can listen to many radio stations via the builtin app on the 1607, via Tunein, or, again via PC streaming via BT to the 1607. On one radio station I set up on the builtin app - it says "64K". That's a LOW bit rate. Or, (3) what about using Chromecast Audio (CCA)? I have a CCA unit plugged in to an Aux input. I would hope this ranks tops since would like to cast to 1 or 2 other rooms simultaneously.
So - what is the best way to get the best quality audio?

Is there a setting to keep me from accidentally turning on the speakers at too high a volume?

Thanks.
Try to do a search for: Audiophile (you will get: Baroque, Jazz, Classic, Ambient, Extreme Live, if I am not wrong), all at 320Kb, mp3. Or, try some AAC station ( more than 100Kb sec).
My two cents
Regards
Alessandro

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk
Edit: added search for

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
post #1533 of 5005 Old 03-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Seems to me "volume" numbers themselves have little to do with the dB that is being sent out through the speakers. I haven't worried about the number on the dial in a long time. I use my spl/dB meter to get an idea what the amp/avr is outputting at the level I prefer for average TV viewing, movie viewing, etc. and at what I consider awesomely "loud". I do the same for music.
I suppose it is why you sometimes hear "turn the volume to 11"...

I too have noticed that my 5011 runs hotter than my 8 year old Pioneer Elite 21 did. I started with ECO mode off but turned it on and noticed that it is cooler with no difference to sound/volume.

I ran Audyssey then did it manually then ran Audyssey several more times after changing speaker positions, toe in, nearness to walls, etc., several times and after all that I prefer what Audyssey does...but that is me...we each have to find our own way to Shangrila...

I solved all handshake issues simply by altering the order in which the devices start, when I hit "watch TV"...using a Harmony remote..., etc. and the delays in start up. It took some work, experimentation and thought but I have no handshake issues at all...though I only have the AVR, TV, BD player and HDD as my devices.
AVbuf likes this.

TV: Samsung 60KS8000, AVR: Marantz SR5011, Speakers: front/Paradigm Prestige 15B bookshelf, center/Paradigm Prestige 45C, surround/Paradigm Atom, sub/SVS SB3000, DVD: LG UBK 90 UHD DVD Player, Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1534 of 5005 Old 03-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Seems to me "volume" numbers themselves have little to do with the dB that is being sent out through the speakers. I haven't worried about the number on the dial in a long time. I use my spl/dB meter to get an idea what the amp/avr is outputting at the level I prefer for average TV viewing, movie viewing, etc. and at what I consider awesomely "loud". I do the same for music. I suppose it is why you sometimes hear "turn the volume to 11"...
Both Denon and Marantz have two methods of displaying the volume:

http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answer...-volume-ranges

The 0-99 absolute scale is hard to associate with a specific loudness, whereas the relative scale should have 0 dB play at 85 decibels at the MLP once you calibrate the AVR.

Quote:
I too have noticed that my 5011 runs hotter than my 8 year old Pioneer Elite 21 did. I started with ECO mode off but turned it on and noticed that it is cooler with no difference to sound/volume.
Yes. Unless you play really loudly, you can leave ECO mode enabled with no negative effects upon the sound.
If you crank it, however, set ECO mode to Auto rather than On, and the AVR will disable ECO mode if and when it needs more power.
Kai Winters likes this.

Primary (2.1): Thiel CS 1.2 / Velodyne F1000 sub / Adcom GFA-555 Mk2 / Rotel 970BX / Sony CDP-CA9 ES
Secondary (5.1): Paradigm Mini-Monitor v.3 / CC270 v.3 center / ADP-170 v.2 surrounds /
SVS SB1000 sub / Marantz SR-6010 / AppleTV + Win7 PC / BenQ BL3200PT
post #1535 of 5005 Old 03-27-2017, 05:47 PM
J

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
This is a handshake issue which can occur from time to time with some components. Try powering on the AVR and BDP in a different order, allowing a few seconds between powering each on. Otherwise, this issue can generally be resolved by placing either an HDMI splitter or switch in between the AVR and the TV.
I'm thinking I have a setting wrong . With the tv off , I can unplug the HDMI cable from the tv side or receiver side and I get sound .

Samsung 55 inch lcd Marantz sr5400
Parasound HCA 1500 Parasound HCA 1000
JTR OS LFU (2013)
JTR OS LFU (2016)
Paradigm studio 40's -fronts Paradigm CC Paradigm atoms -rear
post #1536 of 5005 Old 03-27-2017, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 108
My 5.1.4 setup is finally complete

After owning the 7011 for a couple of months, I finally completed the transition starting from a 5.1.0 setup, and continuing on to a 5.1.2 and as of today a 5.1.4 configuration.

Once again the online setup guide made this transition very easy to do. So all 9 channels are running now, and the 7011 continues to impress.
Guzzi 1 and vn800art like this.

Projector/Screen: Sony VPL-VW285ES; Da-Lite Cosmopolitan Electrol (92")
TV: LG OLED 65B6P
Amplification: Anthem MRX-1120; Aesthetix Mimas; Rogue Triton II
Sources: Pioneer UPD-LX500; Simaudio 260DT; Music Hall mmf-9.3; Goldring Eroica LX
Speakers: Wilson Yvette (L/R); Paradigm In-Walls (6); Hsu Research VTF-1 MK3 (2)
post #1537 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by vn800art View Post
Item (c) has been installed!

Alessandro,

If you've got 5 speakers installed for the ceiling, then simply set the fist ceiling pair as Front Heights, and the second pair as Rear Heights. The VOG is the middle speaker driven off the SUB2 pre-out. Just check that you've got the angular separation from the MLP to each of the ceiling speakers as shown in your SR7011 owner's manual.

The above speaker configuration is common for all three object audio formats.

Carry out the Audyssey auto-calibration and you should be able to switch between the various object audio up-mixing formats of Dolby Surround, Neo:X and Auro3D. This is without the need to reLOAD the Audyssey configuration files between Atmos/DTS:X and Auro3D.

With only a single sub channel and if you've got multiple subs, an external box such as a MiniDSP 2x4 (balanced version) is needed to time align up to 4 subs from the SUB1 pre-out.
vn800art likes this.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #1538 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 02:24 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
1. Their loss as Audyssey would provide a much better listening experience.
2. Not wrong (as it is their setup so they can do as they choose), but they're not doing any EQ of the speakers/sub, rather simply setting the level/distance which is not the EQ. The vast majority of owners will prefer the benefit of having running Audyssey especially in rooms that are awkward in shape with no acoustic wall treatment panels in the room.
1. Loss? No offence sir. I know it's subjective but dampening the raw power of amp with Audyssey name is not much better listening experience. With Audyssey I feel the impact and depth missing in movies especially in action movies. Even my wife who has no idea about these things immediately asked me why did I swapped good receiver(Pioneer) with this one before turning off Audyssey. Maybe I am missing someone good people like you in order to know better optimization through Audyssey. All these EQ processing reminds me to stick with basic out of the box 5.1 systems.

2. Like you advised I turned on ECO and noticed good temperature down but no sound quality loss. (That's def'ly good news). In my old av receiver with ECO on I can immediately notice low output. That's why I was worried to turn on eco.

Another query sir... When I am playing ATMOS content still I see as Dolby True-HD signal (info window) rather than ATMOS. Is it because currently I don't have ATMOS setup? Until I configure in amp assign for ATMOS configuration I could only see Dolby True-HD in info window?

Sorry for my English. I am using translator.

Last edited by AVbuf; 03-28-2017 at 02:28 AM.
post #1539 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 03:03 AM

Quote:
1. Loss? No offence sir. I know it's subjective but dampening the raw power of amp with Audyssey name is not much better listening experience. With Audyssey I feel the impact and depth missing in movies especially in action movies. Even my wife who has no idea about these things immediately asked me why did I swapped good receiver(Pioneer) with this one before turning off Audyssey. Maybe I am missing someone good people like you in order to know better optimization through Audyssey. All these EQ processing reminds me to stick with basic out of the box 5.1 systems.

2. Like you advised I turned on ECO and noticed good temperature down but no sound quality loss. (That's def'ly good news). In my old av receiver with ECO on I can immediately notice low output. That's why I was worried to turn on eco.

Another query sir... When I am playing ATMOS content still I see as Dolby True-HD signal (info window) rather than ATMOS. Is it because currently I don't have ATMOS setup? Until I configure in amp assign for ATMOS configuration I could only see Dolby True-HD in info window?

Sorry for my English. I am using translator.
1. Subjective indeed, however, likely only a very small minority prefer to disable Audyssey when it is run correctly. Refer to the Audyssey EQ thread below for proper setup of Audyssey.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post21782993

3. Unless you have height speakers configured (ie. X.1.2), the AVR will not decode the Atmos audio track.
AVbuf likes this.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 04-06-2017 at 09:32 AM.
post #1540 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
1. Subjective indeed, however, likely only a very small minority prefer to disable Audyssey when it is run correctly. Refer to the Audyssey EQ thread below for proper setup of Audyssey.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post21782993

3. Unless you have beyond a 5.1 setup with height speakers configured (ie. 5.1.2), the AVR will not decode the Atmos audio track.
1. Thank you sir.. You are for sure handy person in this forum. I will go through that post and will try out Audyssey again.
2. I thought so. If it is configured i.e 5.1.2 will it show ATMOS(name) in signal info window? I really miss that 2 line Display on receivers.
post #1541 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
1. Thank you sir.. You are for sure handy person in this forum. I will go through that post and will try out Audyssey again.
2. I thought so. If it is configured i.e 5.1.2 will it show ATMOS(name) in signal info window? I really miss that 2 line Display on receivers.
It will display ATMOS when you press the INFO button on the remote, otherwise you would need to press the STATUS button on the front panel to see it on the round porthole display.
AVbuf likes this.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 03-28-2017 at 05:18 AM.
post #1542 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Alessandro,

If you've got 5 speakers installed for the ceiling, then simply set the fist ceiling pair as Front Heights, and the second pair as Rear Heights. The VOG is the middle speaker driven off the SUB2 pre-out. Just check that you've got the angular separation from the MLP to each of the ceiling speakers as shown in your SR7011 owner's manual.

The above speaker configuration is common for all three object audio formats.

Carry out the Audyssey auto-calibration and you should be able to switch between the various object audio up-mixing formats of Dolby Surround, Neo:X and Auro3D. This is without the need to reLOAD the Audyssey configuration files between Atmos/DTS:X and Auro3D.

With only a single sub channel and if you've got multiple subs, an external box such as a MiniDSP 2x4 (balanced version) is needed to time align up to 4 subs from the SUB1 pre-out.
Great! Thanks for the info @steveting99 ! Fine to know I could add to the 1 existing SW, but I cannot think that I will need more, due to the size of my listening room. Actually disconnected all Pioneer Lx50 to put it inside the (open) cabinet, underneath the Sr7011 ( Pioneer runs really cool, even set at 0db - but obviously the height speakers are not as demanding as the floor ones). Will be back when I will return home, now out for two days!
Regards
Alessandro

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
post #1543 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Was told you guys could give me an answer about the Marantz NR1607. I'm looking at using the 1607 to run the Klipsch RP-250F, RP-440C and RP-240S speakers. Ideally I would like a smaller receiver, with a warm sound, 4K pass through, 7.1 channels and Audyssey MultEQ (XT or better would be ideal). I had planned on going with the Denon X3300W with 105w per channel but came across the much smaller Marantz NR1607 at 50w per channel. Would the Marantz power those speakers? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
post #1544 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionoob16 View Post
Was told you guys could give me an answer about the Marantz NR1607. I'm looking at using the 1607 to run the Klipsch RP-250F, RP-440C and RP-240S speakers. Ideally I would like a smaller receiver, with a warm sound, 4K pass through, 7.1 channels and Audyssey MultEQ (XT or better would be ideal). I had planned on going with the Denon X3300W with 105w per channel but came across the much smaller Marantz NR1607 at 50w per channel. Would the Marantz power those speakers? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
I would think it would power them, but why are you wanting to cut your watts in half. Those Klipsch speakers should be able to handle 200 watts. Why not the Marantz SR5011. I am looking at the 6011 maybe and will use my 200 mono blocks for my Klipsch KPS-400's, RC-7 and RS-3's.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #1545 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
I would think it would power them, but why are you wanting to cut your watts in half. Those Klipsch speakers should be able to handle 200 watts. Why not the Marantz SR5011. I am looking at the 6011 maybe and will use my 200 mono blocks for my Klipsch KPS-400's, RC-7 and RS-3's.
Down to spacing but I think I should bite the bullet and go with a better amp. If I'm getting good speakers why not power them properly. So now the next question, the Marantz SR6011 for $1,800 or the Denon X3300W for $1100? Leaning towards the Denon simply because they have virtually the same specs and a whole lot cheaper. I don't see any huge differences between the two. Haven't heard either one in store and won't be able to before I order.
post #1546 of 5005 Old 03-28-2017, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Down to spacing but I think I should bite the bullet and go with a better amp. If I'm getting good speakers why not power them properly. So now the next question, the Marantz SR6011 for $1,800 or the Denon X3300W for $1100? Leaning towards the Denon simply because they have virtually the same specs and a whole lot cheaper. I don't see any huge differences between the two. Haven't heard either one in store and won't be able to before I order.
That sounds good. I would send jdsmoothie a PM, he sells both Denon and Marantz. I was going to contact him when I was ready to buy.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #1547 of 5005 Old 03-29-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Klipsch speakers are very sensitive so require very little power to reach loud volume levels. The NR1607 should provide more than enough power, although only uses MultEQ.

Quote:
First off, with these prices, you're in Canada, and we don't ship to Canada, not to mention, a unit purchased in the USA carries no valid warranty in Canada, so you're best served purchasing from a Canadian authorized dealer to have a valid warranty.

Second, although the SR6011 and X3300W are sister models, both using the most advanced MultEQ XT32 + Sub EQ HT (dual sub level/delay), the SR6011 is a 9CH model that can expand to 11CH by adding an external 2CH amp. Additionally on the SR6011, the HDAM pre-amps should provide a better 2CH music listening experience and it also has multi analog inputs for use with a SACD player. Otherwise, if you never plan on going beyond 7.1 or 5.1.2 and most of your listening is movies/TV, the X3300W is the more cost friendly solution.
post #1548 of 5005 Old 03-29-2017, 05:20 AM
paf

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
audyssey subwoofer set up 6011

when funds allow my system will eventually be 7.4.2 but right now I want to set my 7.1 system up with another subwoofer that I've just bought, I've been reading the brilliant audyssey

for beginers thread and didn't realise audyssey wasn't full proof as it set my front floor standers to large, so this is the part I don't understand if I change my front speakers to small

then to do so I have to use the manual settings on the 6011 but they still appear in the audyssey set up as large? also because I have changed the fronts manually does that mean I have

overridden the audyssey set up anyway ??

when I set the subwoofers up do I set all the speaker crossovers to 80hz and the lfe to 120hz and do I switch the phase to 180 on one of the subwoofers

my speaker ranges are

active subwoofers both 45Hz to 150Hz +/_ 3db

front left and right 50Hz to 20kHz +/_ 3db

center speaker 75Hz to 20kHz +/- 3db

surround bi-pole x 4 100Hz to 20Hz +/-3bd

thank you in advance to all the help I've received up to now
post #1549 of 5005 Old 03-29-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paf View Post
when funds allow my system will eventually be 7.4.2 but right now I want to set my 7.1 system up with another subwoofer that I've just bought, I've been reading the brilliant audyssey

for beginers thread and didn't realise audyssey wasn't full proof as it set my front floor standers to large, so this is the part I don't understand if I change my front speakers to small

then to do so I have to use the manual settings on the 6011 but they still appear in the audyssey set up as large? also

when I set the subwoofers up do I set all the speaker crossovers to 80hz and the lfe to 120hz and do I switch the phase to 180 on one of the subwoofers

my speaker ranges are

active subwoofers both 45Hz to 150Hz +/_ 3db

front left and right 50Hz to 20kHz +/_ 3db

center speaker 75Hz to 20kHz +/- 3db

surround bi-pole x 4 100Hz to 20Hz +/-3bd

thank you in advance to all the help I've received up to now

1. Audyssey didn't set your speakers to LARGE, rather it simply passes the -3db point of the speaker to the AVR which then sets it to LARGE or SMALL.
2. Whatever settings were made after running Audyssey will remain unchanged in Audyssey Setup so the RESTORE feature can be used to return to them if you have made changes and want to start over again. Any changes made in Manual Setup have no impact on the Audyssey EQ; however, do become the active settings that the AVR uses, overriding the initial settings stored in Audyssey Setup.
3. When you add subwoofers to the setup, you would raise any speaker's crossover that is set <80Hz up to 80Hz, leaving any set >80Hz alone.
4. It doesn't matter what the mfr indicates the speaker's specs are, rather it is how they react in your room which may be very different.
post #1550 of 5005 Old 03-29-2017, 12:06 PM

Liked: 13
i was directed to get a marantz 5011 receiver when looking to upgrade my onkyo 636. i have never owned marantz before. can i get some help on here about it? i am looking to make sure it has multiple 2.2 hdmi, upconvert 1080i to 4k output, convert composite to hdmi(for the wii). running 7.1 sound, have 4k setup on directv and ultra hd sony blu ray player, along with ps4, wii and apple tv plugged in.

thanks for any suggestions.
post #1551 of 5005 Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfun1 View Post
i was directed to get a marantz 5011 receiver when looking to upgrade my onkyo 636. i have never owned marantz before. can i get some help on here about it? i am looking to make sure it has multiple 2.2 hdmi, upconvert 1080i to 4k output, convert composite to hdmi(for the wii). running 7.1 sound, have 4k setup on directv and ultra hd sony blu ray player, along with ps4, wii and apple tv plugged in.

thanks for any suggestions.
That would be "upscale" not "upconvert" but yes it will upscale to 4k/30fps as you must upgrade to the SR6011 to get 4k/60fps upscaling. And also you're the HDMI inputs are all HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a(HDR), otherwise your other requirements are met.

Also note that you can get a Wii2HDMI to convert and upscale the analog signal to 1080p HDMI.

https://www.amazon.com/Eastvita-Nint...words=wii2hdmi
post #1552 of 5005 Old 03-29-2017, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Does anyone know if the SR7011 will get an update to be compatible with Dolby Vision? I hope so, as I have the Oppo 203 and this would make things easier if I go through the receiver at some point.

Thanks.
post #1553 of 5005 Old 03-29-2017, 04:32 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
That would be "upscale" not "upconvert" but yes it will upscale to 4k/30fps as you must upgrade to the SR6011 to get 4k/60fps upscaling. And also you're the HDMI inputs are all HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a(HDR), otherwise your other requirements are met.

Also note that you can get a Wii2HDMI to convert and upscale the analog signal to 1080p HDMI.

https://www.amazon.com/Eastvita-Nint...words=wii2hdmi
thanks for the info and corrections. what is the main difference for 30fps vs 60fps? would i notice this? so i have to go up to the 6011 to get the 60fps? i mainly watch directv with it upscaled, is this something worth paying the extra money for, i think its a jump to the 6011 isnt it? thanks for the wii part as well! i looked years ago but never bothered to look again!
gblb57 likes this.
post #1554 of 5005 Old 03-30-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBOLED View Post
Does anyone know if the SR7011 will get an update to be compatible with Dolby Vision? I hope so, as I have the Oppo 203 and this would make things easier if I go through the receiver at some point.

Thanks.
Yes, as will all of the models in this thread by early 2018.
post #1555 of 5005 Old 03-30-2017, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfun1 View Post
thanks for the info and corrections. what is the main difference for 30fps vs 60fps? would i notice this? so i have to go up to the 6011 to get the 60fps? i mainly watch directv with it upscaled, is this something worth paying the extra money for, i think its a jump to the 6011 isnt it? thanks for the wii part as well! i looked years ago but never bothered to look again!
In most cases, the TV itself will do a much better job of upscaling than will an AVR; however, if you want the GUI/Menu to overlay on 4k video, that would require upgrading to the SR6011.
post #1556 of 5005 Old 03-31-2017, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Has there been word on newer models to replace the 7011? I am looking at updating my Pioneer Elite and wanted to get the latest Marantz model.

When in Doubt...Go Flatout!
post #1557 of 5005 Old 04-01-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfix View Post
Has there been word on newer models to replace the 7011? I am looking at updating my Pioneer Elite and wanted to get the latest Marantz model.
Yes, of course. Newer models are released every year about the same time, around Sep/Oct in the case of the SR7011.
post #1558 of 5005 Old 04-01-2017, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Yes, of course. Newer models are released every year about the same time, around Sep/Oct in the case of the SR7011.
Thanks JD. Going to upgrade both my Pioneer Elite and Panasonic VT30 with the Marantz and either Sony A1E or LG G7 so just wanting to get the latest. Guess I can wait until fall for the receiver.

When in Doubt...Go Flatout!
post #1559 of 5005 Old 04-01-2017, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxrxrnr View Post
I have my Directv HR 54 Genie 4 K DVR with a C61 mini Genie as source to a 75 inch Samsung 4 K television.

I pass out HDMI out of a mini Genie thru my SR 6011 Marantz and thence into HDMI 3 on the Samsung.

I am able to direct audio either to a Soundbar or to Marantz Monitor Audio speakers depending upon if I wish the full audio experience at a higher electrical usage,,,or if just a news broadcast,,,go to Soundbar.

All was functioning perfectly until today, when I cannot view 4 K recordings. When attempting I get this cryptic message on screen: "We are sorry, but 4 K is not compatible at this location. Regular 1080p etc. all is well.

However if I disconnect HDMI output from DVR to Marantz and connect it directly to Samsung HDMI 3 all is well.

Incidentally Marantz downloaded a firmware update just prior to this failure. Could the have screwed something up,,,a likely rhetorical question I suppose.

I have tried to review Marantz"s miserable web based manual to no success,,,Sure wish I had a real hard copy manual like the old days. I wasted several hours on this today to no success.

Oh yes,,,,in general most of my 4K recordings when displayed on the screen, show a red circle with a bar thru it,,,just as if unable to playback because another DVR on the network has the recording and that DVr is busy in playback mode and locks out other Dvr's on the whole home network. D* customers will understand all of this.

Again if I bypass the Marantz all is well.
Several days ago powered down for an hour or so all suspect components,,,, DVR , TV and Marantz. Upon power up, am able to view 4k programming.
post #1560 of 5005 Old 04-01-2017, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1631 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Audyssey App

Ok, March went, its now April, still nothing..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
analog or toslink headphones sr6011 , audio outputs , marantz receiver ethernet playback noise , NR-1607

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page