The "Official" Yamaha RX-A1060, RX-A2060 and RX-A3060 AVENTAGE AVR Thread - Page 189 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33137Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5641 of 7182 Old 10-19-2017, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Mecak View Post
Or Neural:X

He was using DD Surround all the time, which is why DTS:X decoder would not engage.

Either use STRAIGHT, or Neural:X decoder for DTS:X.

Same for ATMOS. Use STRAIGHT, or DD Surround. (or of course any DSP soundfield mode)
Many folks (especially newcomers to these audio formats) are not aware that Atmos is a product developed by Dolby and is based on Dolby audio technology (for Atmos, explicitely Dolby True HD) and that's the reason it works works with the Dolby DD Surround decoder while DTS:X is a product of another company (technology) -- namely DTS. And conversely, DTS:X is built off of DTS's DTS-HD Master Audio (DTS-HD MA) which is decoded by the Neural:X (DTS) decoder.

Speaking of those decoders, it really is amazing how great even a non-immersive disc can sound on a properly setup Atmos or DTS:X system when playing only a True HD disc or a DTS-HD MA disc. Those decoders are truly marvels of audio technology!

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5642 of 7182 Old 10-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
 
jm10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
DTS:X has always required Straight setting.
ummm... this is new to me.. I think I have used Enhanced DSP with DTS:X successfully... placebo?
jm10 is offline  
post #5643 of 7182 Old 10-19-2017, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,828
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3246 Post(s)
Liked: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm10 View Post
ummm... this is new to me.. I think I have used Enhanced DSP with DTS:X successfully... placebo?
fwiw..thats only possible with the 3060.
Craig Mecak, whitey019 and jm10 like this.
Bond 007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5644 of 7182 Old 10-19-2017, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,400
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3338 Post(s)
Liked: 8434
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm10 View Post
ummm... this is new to me.. I think I have used Enhanced DSP with DTS:X successfully... placebo?
Enhanced is a DSP, not a decoder.

The 3060 can apply any DSP over the Audio Codec.

The point is you need to select the decoder first, as in DTS:X STRAIGHT or Neural:X upmixer for DTS:X titles FIRST.
For Dolby ATMOS titles you need to select STRAIGHT or Dolby Surround to DECODE ATMOS FIRST.

ANY DSP you want to overlay on top of that is up to you, Enhanced, Sci-Fi, Adventure ...etc.

I see no need to apply any DSP over ATMOS/DTS:X titles,
But then again I have a 3050 that can't do that anyway lol!
jm10 likes this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 10-19-2017 at 07:40 PM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #5645 of 7182 Old 10-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Member
 
mmwwmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Changelog for 1.31 firmware:

This firmware includes
1. Support for TIDAL / DEEZER
2. Stability improvement
TelumehtarAVS likes this.
mmwwmm is offline  
post #5646 of 7182 Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgyoli View Post
Here is an issue I have been experiencing. I have a rx-a3060 and have been experiencing connection issues with the video and audio signal when using a ps4 pro.
What I can tell you is that I use certified premium high speed Hdmi cables. The ps4 pro is set correctly in regards to outputting signal.
Now this is the funny thing. When I select the hdmi input (PS4 PRO), the AVR tries to grab the ps4 pro signal and holds it, then loses it and this keeps repeating.
NOW.....if I press the "On Screen: button on the Yamaha remote, it locks in the Ps4 Pro signal and there is no issues. I have been using this workaround for about a month since I got my new tv.
Any ideas why this is happening?
I am having this same issue with rx-a2060 connecting PC>AVR>TV. In HDMI mode 2 i have no issues but i lose HDR. Moment i put it in HDMI mode 1 it starts blinking randomly. Sometimes it takes a long time Before it starts but as soon as it starts it gets more and more frequent until it totaly loses signal.

If i connect PC directly to TV i have no issues.

I mailed Yamaha about this issue and they told the problem was somewhere else, arrogant bastards.

Piece of crap AVR´s if you ask me
Valle is offline  
post #5647 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 12:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Craig Mecak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle View Post
I am having this same issue with rx-a2060 connecting PC>AVR>TV. In HDMI mode 2 i have no issues but i lose HDR. Moment i put it in HDMI mode 1 it starts blinking randomly. Sometimes it takes a long time Before it starts but as soon as it starts it gets more and more frequent until it totaly loses signal.

If i connect PC directly to TV i have no issues.

I mailed Yamaha about this issue and they told the problem was somewhere else, arrogant bastards.

Piece of crap AVR´s if you ask me
Not crap AVRs at all. Sounds like a HDMI cable issue to me. Many HDMI cables are unable to pass the full 18 Gb/s UHDTV signals in Mode 1, which results in sporadic signal. Upgrade all your HDMI cables to Ultra Premium Certified. Then they're guaranteed to pass full 18 Gb/s.

Mode 2 limits the HDMI signal to the older, but more manageable 10 Gb/s standard.
pilgrimpete, SinGA and Hresna like this.

Yamaha RX-A3060 7.1.4 Receiver [+Sony Power Amp for Rear Height] / Sony KD-65Z9D / JVC HD1 DILA Projector / 90" screen / OPPO UDP-203 UHD blu-ray / Apple TV 4K
Ascension Summoner 3-way Front Speakers / Ascension 3-way Centre Speaker / Peachtree D5 Surrounds / Yamaha NS-555 3-Way Rear Speakers / ERA D4 x 4 Height Speakers / Rythmik Audio F15HP Sub
Craig Mecak is online now  
post #5648 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 03:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,828
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3246 Post(s)
Liked: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle View Post
I am having this same issue with rx-a2060 connecting PC>AVR>TV. In HDMI mode 2 i have no issues but i lose HDR. Moment i put it in HDMI mode 1 it starts blinking randomly. Sometimes it takes a long time Before it starts but as soon as it starts it gets more and more frequent until it totaly loses signal.

If i connect PC directly to TV i have no issues.

I mailed Yamaha about this issue and they told the problem was somewhere else, arrogant bastards.

Piece of crap AVR´s if you ask me
User error.
I suggest you take a hammer to all of your electronics.
Bond 007 is offline  
post #5649 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,400
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3338 Post(s)
Liked: 8434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
User error.
I suggest you take a hammer to all of your electronics.
bwillcox and TelumehtarAVS like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #5650 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
jm10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
fwiw..thats only possible with the 3060.
Ahh.. ok, thats what I have...thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Enhanced is a DSP, not a decoder.

The 3060 can apply any DSP over the Audio Codec.

The point is you need to select the decoder first, as in DTS:X STRAIGHT or Neural:X upmixer for DTS:X titles FIRST.
For Dolby ATMOS titles you need to select STRAIGHT or Dolby Surround to DECODE ATMOS FIRST.

ANY DSP you want to overlay on top of that is up to you, Enhanced, Sci-Fi, Adventure ...etc.

I see no need to apply any DSP over ATMOS/DTS:X titles
Umm, interesting the order of things you explained... I will need to check on the Receivers info option. I am using HarmonyOne remote with some things as default as its easier for the wife and the daughter to have something ready to use. I used Enhanced as default since there are some tittles that have DTS-EX 6.1 and other things like that and Enhanced will take care of that and will playback the original 6.1 track and not the core 5.1....similar thing happens with some Dolby encoding 6.1-7.1 ...That is what I found when I was playing with settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
But then again I have a 3050 that can't do that anyway lol!
Haha... Oook. But you have two little beasts I don't have...yet. ...and a nice place
jm10 is offline  
post #5651 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,013
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4470 Post(s)
Liked: 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm10 View Post
ummm... this is new to me.. I think I have used Enhanced DSP with DTS:X successfully... placebo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
fwiw..thats only possible with the 3060.
I have used both Yamaha's Enhanced DSP and DTS's Neural:X DSU when playing titles with DTS:X MA audiotracks. Both have preformed perfectly. I have heard nothing but great immersive sound when either is engaged. As noted in earlier posts, I have a 3060.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #5652 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 21,013
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4470 Post(s)
Liked: 5816
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm10 View Post
ummm... this is new to me.. I think I have used Enhanced DSP with DTS:X successfully... placebo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
fwiw..thats only possible with the 3060.
I have used both Yamaha's Enhanced DSP and DTS's Neural:X DSU when playing titles with DTS:X MA audiotracks. Both have preformed perfectly. I have heard nothing but great immersive sound when either is engaged. As noted in earlier posts, I have a 3060.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
gwsat is offline  
post #5653 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Mecak View Post
Not crap AVRs at all. Sounds like a HDMI cable issue to me. Many HDMI cables are unable to pass the full 18 Gb/s UHDTV signals in Mode 1, which results in sporadic signal. Upgrade all your HDMI cables to Ultra Premium Certified. Then they're guaranteed to pass full 18 Gb/s.

Mode 2 limits the HDMI signal to the older, but more manageable 10 Gb/s standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
User error.
I suggest you take a hammer to all of your electronics.
No user errors here, the HDMI Cables i have are gold standard and cost me $100 each. On 7th november the Xbox one x releases and then ill see if it has the same issue as the PC then there is no doubt its the AVR. I really hope it is just crappy software (windows/nvidia drivers).

There are tons of forum posts with this same issue though so its most definitely a big issue with the new hdcp 2.2 or whats it called.
Valle is offline  
post #5654 of 7182 Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,400
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3338 Post(s)
Liked: 8434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle View Post
No user errors here, the HDMI Cables i have are gold standard and cost me $100 each. On 7th november the Xbox one x releases and then ill see if it has the same issue as the PC then there is no doubt its the AVR. I really hope it is just crappy software (windows/nvidia drivers).

There are tons of forum posts with this same issue though so its most definitely a big issue with the new hdcp 2.2 or whats it called.
Please expand on exactly what brand your "Gold Standard" cable is that was $100

If it does not have this label, there is a very good chance you got screwed



... a 25 footer goes for about $20

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15427

If you have a Premium Certified Cable,
is your Display full 18Gbps 4K/HDR compatible?,
many projectors, although labelled as 4K "capable", are limited to 10.2Gbps.

Do you know what frame rate and bit depth your PC is attempting to pass, (if its 120Hz you're in for a world of hurt)
HDMI 2.0 has its bandwidth limits depending what combo you pick when not using a typical 4K player as your source.
(4K HDR requires at least 10 Bit) but typically has to be converted in the player to 4:2:2 to pass HDMI 2.0 spec.



for more info on 4K and HDCP 2.2 : http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/uhd-101-v2/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PremuimCertified.png
Views:	942
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	2301772  
gwsat and SimpleTheater like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 10-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #5655 of 7182 Old 10-21-2017, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluechunks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Maple Grove, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Please expand on exactly what brand your "Gold Standard" cable is that was $100

If it does not have this label, there is a very good chance you got screwed
This. This. This.

There's no reason to needlessly pay extra. In fact, this is one of those issues where more $$$ does not correlate to more quality.

__________
Visio P65-C1 / Oppo UDP-203 / Apple TV 4K / TiVo Bolt
Yamaha RX-A2060 5.1.4 / KEF iQ / Speakercraft (Ceiling) / Hsu sub / Ruipro 15 Meter Fiber HDMI
bluechunks is offline  
post #5656 of 7182 Old 10-21-2017, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sweetmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 94
The "Official" Yamaha RX-A1060, RX-A2060 and RX-A3060 AVENTAGE AVR Thread

Does anyone else here have a 3060 with a JVC RS420 projector, and have a C61K 4K DirecTV box?

I have my C61K going to HDMI5, and HDMI OUT 2 going to my projector. In that configuration, when I change channels from a 4K channel to any non-4K channel, 2 things happen:
1). My projector locks up and requires it to be turned off before responding again.
2). No sound is played through my receiver

When I run the HDMI directly from the C61K to my projector and perform the same test, the projector works fine, so the problem seems to exist within the 3060.

BTW, the firmware on every device is current.

The HDMI cable I’m using is:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGDFCSC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

The RUIPRO 33’ was one of just two cables around that length that passed every test, according to the following thread:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

I have also tried the following HDMI cable that JVC recommended, and I have the same result.

Ethereal MHY Slim HDMI High Speed Cable with Ethernet - 5.0 Meters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XWGERCQ..._yBB8svE51QqgW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbr75x900E and JVC RS420 with Elite 120" screen
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3060/RX-A3000, WXA-50 MusicCast Amp for Zone 2
L/C/R - B&W CM9/CMC2, Side - DS3, Rear - CM5, F/R Atmos - CCM663
Subs - SVS PB12+ and PB13 Ultra
Harmony Elite, ATV 4K, Nvidia Shield Pro, HDHomeRun Extend

Last edited by Sweetmeat; 10-21-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Sweetmeat is offline  
post #5657 of 7182 Old 10-21-2017, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dalto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,682
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle View Post
No user errors here, the HDMI Cables i have are gold standard and cost me $100 each. On 7th november the Xbox one x releases and then ill see if it has the same issue as the PC then there is no doubt its the AVR. I really hope it is just crappy software (windows/nvidia drivers).

There are tons of forum posts with this same issue though so its most definitely a big issue with the new hdcp 2.2 or whats it called.
I have no idea if your cables are sufficient or not but the behavior you are describing is almost always caused by cables or a misbehaving device in the chain. Have you updated the firmware on both the TV and AVR? What TV is it? Just because you can connect the PC to the TV directly and it works doesn't mean that the problem is not with your TV. I had this exact same issue when I could connect 4K 4:4:4 devices directly to my Sony TV but not via my AVR. It was resolved by an update provided by Sony.
dalto is offline  
post #5658 of 7182 Old 10-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Member
 
mavang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I have a rx3060 with the jvc rs500 do you have a hdmi control on if you do I have the same issue when i turn it off I have that issue goe away


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mavang is offline  
post #5659 of 7182 Old 10-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sweetmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavang View Post
I have a rx3060 with the jvc rs500 do you have a hdmi control on if you do I have the same issue when i turn it off I have that issue goe away


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks, @mavang .

Unfortunately I do not have HDMI Control set to On on the 3060. I have it set to off on all of my devices, however there’s no such setting on the JVC 420.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbr75x900E and JVC RS420 with Elite 120" screen
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3060/RX-A3000, WXA-50 MusicCast Amp for Zone 2
L/C/R - B&W CM9/CMC2, Side - DS3, Rear - CM5, F/R Atmos - CCM663
Subs - SVS PB12+ and PB13 Ultra
Harmony Elite, ATV 4K, Nvidia Shield Pro, HDHomeRun Extend
Sweetmeat is offline  
post #5660 of 7182 Old 10-21-2017, 11:12 PM
DTI
Member
 
DTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
rx-a3060 anyone notice after firmware 131 upgrade the Dolby Atmos does not display on the receiver well at least on mine it doesn't and the input button on the remote does nothing now, any thoughts on the problem

DIY dust box / hush box / ceiling light... http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...633/7qBblE.jpg

Last edited by DTI; 10-21-2017 at 11:15 PM.
DTI is offline  
post #5661 of 7182 Old 10-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Member
 
Marc Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Down Under...
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTI View Post
rx-a3060 anyone notice after firmware 131 upgrade the Dolby Atmos does not display on the receiver well at least on mine it doesn't and the input button on the remote does nothing now, any thoughts on the problem
Hmmmm perhaps a factory reset may be the order of the day...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Factory Reset RX-A3060.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	2302750  
DTI likes this.
Marc Drake is offline  
post #5662 of 7182 Old 10-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Member
 
NickBaragona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Small problem here.

I just replaced my elite Atmos enabled speakers with DT tower speakers, with no atmos speaker on top. However, I realized my rear presence can only be enabled if front presence is also enabled, even though I have no front presence at the moment. I have an A2060, which should power 9 channels simultaneously. However, when I play music in 9 channel stereo my surround back and left have no sound, so it's only powering 7 channels. Only when I disable my rear presence do they have sound. Any suggestions?
NickBaragona is offline  
post #5663 of 7182 Old 10-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
I have no idea if your cables are sufficient or not but the behavior you are describing is almost always caused by cables or a misbehaving device in the chain. Have you updated the firmware on both the TV and AVR? What TV is it? Just because you can connect the PC to the TV directly and it works doesn't mean that the problem is not with your TV. I had this exact same issue when I could connect 4K 4:4:4 devices directly to my Sony TV but not via my AVR. It was resolved by an update provided by Sony.
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I will try some certified Cables. I will have to order from the UK because they dont exist in sweden. Plus all HDMI Cables are expensive as hell in sweden.
Valle is offline  
post #5664 of 7182 Old 10-23-2017, 04:57 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
Small problem here.

I just replaced my elite Atmos enabled speakers with DT tower speakers, with no atmos speaker on top. However, I realized my rear presence can only be enabled if front presence is also enabled, even though I have no front presence at the moment. I have an A2060, which should power 9 channels simultaneously. However, when I play music in 9 channel stereo my surround back and left have no sound, so it's only powering 7 channels. Only when I disable my rear presence do they have sound. Any suggestions?
Have you gone into Manual Setup, and adjusted the Speaker Setup and enabled Virtual Prescence ?
ozadr1an is offline  
post #5665 of 7182 Old 10-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Member
 
NickBaragona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozadr1an View Post
Have you gone into Manual Setup, and adjusted the Speaker Setup and enabled Virtual Prescence ?
How do I enable virtual presence?
NickBaragona is offline  
post #5666 of 7182 Old 10-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Member
 
NickBaragona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Still can't figure it out. As soon as I disable front presence, the rear surrounds start playing.

Last edited by NickBaragona; 10-23-2017 at 08:22 AM.
NickBaragona is offline  
post #5667 of 7182 Old 10-23-2017, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,948
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22557 Post(s)
Liked: 12277
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
Small problem here.

I just replaced my elite Atmos enabled speakers with DT tower speakers, with no atmos speaker on top. However, I realized my rear presence can only be enabled if front presence is also enabled, even though I have no front presence at the moment. I have an A2060, which should power 9 channels simultaneously. However, when I play music in 9 channel stereo my surround back and left have no sound, so it's only powering 7 channels. Only when I disable my rear presence do they have sound. Any suggestions?
The A2060 is unable to configure Rear Presence speakers in a 7.1.2 setup. You'll need to add Front presence again.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5668 of 7182 Old 10-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
pilgrimpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 77
When I was testing speaker configurations at the weekend (added 4 Dolby-enabled Atmos speakers), I noticed that when playing 2-channel music from Spotify/Pandora/AirPlay, the Dolby Surround Upmix would send audio to all 11 speakers but only one of my sub-woofers was waking up and I assume playing it's channel - the other one had the red light on at the back, suggesting it was not receiving any audio and was remaining in power-save mode.

They two sub's are identical and plugged into their own sub pre-out but I'm assuming that for some reason, music only uses or requires one of the subs to be operating. I notice that they both wake up if I send a DTS/Atmos demo file or play a Blu-ray disc so I'm confident it is by design.

Is there an audio-science explanation for it?

Spoiler!
pilgrimpete is offline  
post #5669 of 7182 Old 10-23-2017, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bwillcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,403
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 927 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimpete View Post
When I was testing speaker configurations at the weekend (added 4 Dolby-enabled Atmos speakers), I noticed that when playing 2-channel music from Spotify/Pandora/AirPlay, the Dolby Surround Upmix would send audio to all 11 speakers but only one of my sub-woofers was waking up and I assume playing it's channel - the other one had the red light on at the back, suggesting it was not receiving any audio and was remaining in power-save mode.

They two sub's are identical and plugged into their own sub pre-out but I'm assuming that for some reason, music only uses or requires one of the subs to be operating. I notice that they both wake up if I send a DTS/Atmos demo file or play a Blu-ray disc so I'm confident it is by design.

Is there an audio-science explanation for it?
I'm pretty sure both of my systems with dual subs, one with a 5100 and the other with a 3070 output sound to both of the subs when in Dolby Surround decode mode (which I mostly use). I have my subs set in stereo mode. I'll check to confirm that tonight.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
bwillcox is offline  
post #5670 of 7182 Old 10-23-2017, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 6,400
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3338 Post(s)
Liked: 8434
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimpete View Post
When I was testing speaker configurations at the weekend (added 4 Dolby-enabled Atmos speakers), I noticed that when playing 2-channel music from Spotify/Pandora/AirPlay, the Dolby Surround Upmix would send audio to all 11 speakers but only one of my sub-woofers was waking up and I assume playing it's channel - the other one had the red light on at the back, suggesting it was not receiving any audio and was remaining in power-save mode.

They two sub's are identical and plugged into their own sub pre-out but I'm assuming that for some reason, music only uses or requires one of the subs to be operating. I notice that they both wake up if I send a DTS/Atmos demo file or play a Blu-ray disc so I'm confident it is by design.

Is there an audio-science explanation for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
I'm pretty sure both of my systems with dual subs, one with a 5100 and the other with a 3070 output sound to both of the subs when in Dolby Surround decode mode (which I mostly use). I have my subs set in stereo mode. I'll check to confirm that tonight.
Yamaha AVR's with dual sub outputs must be set to Monox2 to play both on most 2ch music sources.

It's fine if you configured them as Left/Right or Front/Rear when running YPAO,
They will each get their own EQ/Delay/Distance etc. regardless.

..But right after you finish YPAO calibrations, manually set the Sub configuration output as mono x 2
There are no specific stereo Left/Right or Front/Rear sub signals.

I have a Y splitter on both my sub-outs to drive 4 subs
Front pair of 18's (equidistant from MLP) and Rear near-field pair of 15's both placed side-by-side directly behind my MLP.

All 4 pound the crap out of me with 13k watts with all content

a few pic's here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post50804481
pilgrimpete, jm10 and z71sierraslt like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 10-23-2017 at 09:27 PM.
PioManiac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
1060 , arc , computer , dolby atmos , lgtv , OLED65C6P , RX-A1060 , RX-A3060 , savant , Sonos , Yamaha , yamaha 1060

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off