The "Official" Yamaha RX-A1060, RX-A2060 and RX-A3060 AVENTAGE AVR Thread - Page 233 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33130Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6961 of 7115 Old 03-05-2019, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhontz View Post
... Anyone have any 4K UHD or regular Blu-Rays with "good" ATMOS sound? I'm always wanting to add to my library. ...
As for UHD or BR with great Atmos, let me count to discs... No, there are lots of good sources, but off the top a couple of my favorites for now are Kingsman: The Golden Circle (UHD) that I mentioned above, Everest (BR) with have your wrapping your arms around your body shivering, In the Heart of the Sea (BR) may make you seasick, and (if you can find it) one of the best immersive soundtracks I've heard is on The Lone Ranger (2013, Johnny Depp) with its DTS MA track augmented by the Enhanced DSP. (In general, don't bypass DTS MA tracks -- I've found they can be as good as or better than some DTS:X. As always, it depends on the mixer artist.) You may have noticed that almost all Atmos is now restricted to UHD discs and few (if any) BRs can be found with Atmos.

It's worth noting that https://www.store-3d-blurayrental.co...ory-s/1822.htm is a great source for sampling UHD and BR with minimal cost (one plan is $9.00/mon for 2 disc rentals). I seldom buy any but UHD at this point and will not buy most without first previewing via BRRental. And btw, I have the outright purchase of Bohemian Rhapsody being delivered today. Will post my thoughts although Ralph Potts has already rated the UHD Presentation/Atmos track as 100/94! Can hardly wait!

And @PioManiac 's word is GOLD!

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6962 of 7115 Old 03-05-2019, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChromeJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 4,670
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARTV View Post
This could be interesting. TuneIn is behind airable.radio...
He’s crossposting about firmware updates overseas, though. Wonder if this will also come out for US AVRs…?

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
ChromeJob is offline  
post #6963 of 7115 Old 03-05-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
@tedhontz
"... Anyone have any 4K UHD or regular Blu-Rays with "good" ATMOS sound? I'm always wanting to add to my library. ..."

And how could I forget!? If the music is to your taste, Roger Waters The Wall!! Now you've done it! After Bohemian Rhapsody, I'm going to have to make time (again) for this release of The Wall!
tedhontz likes this.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6964 of 7115 Old 03-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Member
 
tom886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
He’s crossposting about firmware updates overseas, though. Wonder if this will also come out for US AVRs…?
Seems USA is later, all other regions have it already available, just checked UK, Taiwan and Germany and compared the downloaded files, they are identical. Due I have the international model, there is no extra firmware for USA.



Cheers
Tom
tom886 is offline  
post #6965 of 7115 Old 03-05-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VARTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: VA Beach, VA
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
He’s crossposting about firmware updates overseas, though. Wonder if this will also come out for US AVRs…?
I downloaded something a couple of hours ago... I'm on v2.65. The old Net Radio is gone but it's still labled as "Net Radio..."

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information


email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV


Last edited by VARTV; 03-05-2019 at 11:36 AM.
VARTV is offline  
post #6966 of 7115 Old 03-05-2019, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluechunks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Maple Grove, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 258
RX-A1060/RX-A2060/RX-A3060 Firmware Update Version 2.65 (Yamaha USA)

Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.

This firmware includes

-A switch from vTuner to airable.radio as the new internet radio service provider

-Stability improvement
Link: https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updat...2060_3060.html

__________
Visio P65-C1 / Oppo UDP-203 / Apple TV 4K / TiVo Bolt
Yamaha RX-A2060 5.1.4 / KEF iQ / Speakercraft (Ceiling) / Hsu sub / Ruipro 15 Meter Fiber HDMI
bluechunks is offline  
post #6967 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Spacedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Does this firmware update retain previous internet radio stored Favorites? I use internet radio frequently, just three broadcast stations in the Boston, MA, USA area that I listen to, and would not want to search for them all over again. Just in case, I will write down the names of all my favorites before attempting an update.

EDIT - Just answered part of my own question. I could not get to my Bookmarks, so am running the update now, will edit later when I have final answer. Hope the Bookmarks are retained.


Second EDIT - The update completely eliminated all Bookmarks, now called Favorites. Unfortunately, access to the previous ones was not available prior to the update, so I have to go on a search to find everything I had before. Unhappy camper here, bad update process.

Last edited by Spacedave; 03-06-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Spacedave is offline  
post #6968 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
@tedhontz and anyone else interested. I did get to watch Bohemian Rhapsody last night and as expected it was truly a great audio and video experience! Immediately at the opening I was impressed by the Atmos soundtrack but quickly got so absorbed with the movie that I totally forgot to pay any direct attention to what I was hearing (expected with "immersion", right?) except at a few points when I noticed how "real" the "feel" of a concert scene was. Then the final LiveAid performance was spectacular! I was bouncing in my seat! My wife (a longtime Queen fan) was so completely carried away that after the movie she was off Googling more about Freddy and Queen and that performance coming up with the YouTube of the actual LiveAid performance on her laptop and also the spectacular reviews it received at the time. But it was late, so I put off bringing YouTube up through our HT --so now I get to watch the movie again and try to focus on the Atmos presentation...

One more point about this UHD/BR package. The movie shows a somewhat cut (performance parts removed) of the LiveAid performance, but the Extras have the actual full length concert as performed for the movie. And THAT Extra has both the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA soundtracks (on the UHD disc)! So with my setup on the 3060, I'll be able to switch between and compare Dolby and DTS directly (and also with Enhanced DSP). THAT to me is worth the price of the set. (I have yet to check on the included BR disc with all the Extras, but that is NOT in Atmos as again would be expected.)

One last contribution here to the list of great Atmos discs -- the Game of Thrones BRs with Atmos (also now available in UHD I think) are as spectacular as the GOT story. Well worth the price -- especially when this summer's final season is included.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS

Last edited by richlife; 03-06-2019 at 08:31 AM.
richlife is offline  
post #6969 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VARTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: VA Beach, VA
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedave View Post
Does this firmware update retain previous internet radio stored Favorites? I use internet radio frequently, just three broadcast stations in the Boston, MA, USA area that I listen to, and would not want to search for them all over again. Just in case, I will write down the names of all my favorites before attempting an update.

EDIT - Just answered part of my own question. I could not get to my Bookmarks, so am running the update now, will edit later when I have final answer. Hope the Bookmarks are retained.


Second EDIT - The update completely eliminated all Bookmarks, now called Favorites. Unfortunately, access to the previous ones was not available prior to the update, so I have to go on a search to find everything I had before. Unhappy camper here, bad update process.
vTuner and airable.radio (TuneIn) are two different services... I had set up an account with vTuner. When I log in to this page http://yradio.vtuner.com I can still get my "favourites."

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information


email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV


Last edited by VARTV; 03-06-2019 at 09:23 AM.
VARTV is offline  
post #6970 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Philnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Question

I have a TuneIn account, with a bunch of favorite stations, which I use on my computer and my phone (TuneIn has free apps for both Android and iOs.

Can I log into that account with my Yamaha? It already has many of my vTuner stations.

Philnick is offline  
post #6971 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Spacedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARTV View Post
vTuner and airable.radio (TuneIn) are two different services... I had set up an account with vTuner. When I log in to this page http://yradio.vtuner.com I can still get my "favourites."
As I had never set up an account with vtuner, I rashly assumed that the Bookmarked IP addresses were stored in my AVR and it would be simple for the upgrade to import them. Wish Yamaha provided some warning, as it was too late to recover my bookmark list from vtuner inside the AVR after the upgrade was posted..

On the other hand, I got an occasional drop out on vtuner; maybe they will not occur with airable.radio. Still trying to find all my old Bookmarks. This is more of a gripe than a real problem. The 3060 is otherwise the best sounding AVR I have ever owned, have been through Elites, Sony ES, Carver and Denon.
Spacedave is offline  
post #6972 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VARTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: VA Beach, VA
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnick View Post
I have a TuneIn account, with a bunch of favorite stations, which I use on my computer and my phone (TuneIn has free apps for both Android and iOs.

Can I log into that account with my Yamaha? It already has many of my vTuner stations.
I didn't stay on the new Net Radio screen very long to scope it out. Since I have iOS devices (AirPlay), I would never use Net Radio on the receiver...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information


email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

VARTV is offline  
post #6973 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VARTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: VA Beach, VA
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedave View Post
As I had never set up an account with vtuner, I rashly assumed that the Bookmarked IP addresses were stored in my AVR and it would be simple for the upgrade to import them. Wish Yamaha provided some warning, as it was too late to recover my bookmark list from vtuner inside the AVR after the upgrade was posted..

On the other hand, I got an occasional drop out on vtuner; maybe they will not occur with airable.radio. Still trying to find all my old Bookmarks. This is more of a gripe than a real problem. The 3060 is otherwise the best sounding AVR I have ever owned, have been through Elites, Sony ES, Carver and Denon.
I was going thru my old bookmarks on yradio.vtuner.com... none of the links work anymore... it's been many, many years...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information


email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

VARTV is offline  
post #6974 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
tedhontz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
@tedhontz and anyone else interested. I did get to watch Bohemian Rhapsody last night and as expected it was truly a great audio and video experience! Immediately at the opening I was impressed by the Atmos soundtrack but quickly got so absorbed with the movie that I totally forgot to pay any direct attention to what I was hearing (expected with "immersion", right?) except at a few points when I noticed how "real" the "feel" of a concert scene was. Then the final LiveAid performance was spectacular! I was bouncing in my seat! My wife (a longtime Queen fan) was so completely carried away that after the movie she was off Googling more about Freddy and Queen and that performance coming up with the YouTube of the actual LiveAid performance on her laptop and also the spectacular reviews it received at the time. But it was late, so I put off bringing YouTube up through our HT --so now I get to watch the movie again and try to focus on the Atmos presentation...

One more point about this UHD/BR package. The movie shows a somewhat cut (performance parts removed) of the LiveAid performance, but the Extras have the actual full length concert as performed for the movie. And THAT Extra has both the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA soundtracks (on the UHD disc)! So with my setup on the 3060, I'll be able to switch between and compare Dolby and DTS directly (and also with Enhanced DSP). THAT to me is worth the price of the set. (I have yet to check on the included BR disc with all the Extras, but that is NOT in Atmos as again would be expected.)

One last contribution here to the list of great Atmos discs -- the Game of Thrones BRs with Atmos (also now available in UHD I think) are as spectacular as the GOT story. Well worth the price -- especially when this summer's final season is included.
My son and I watched Bohemian Rhapsody in the theater. It sounded terrible, but that was the theater's fault. I was looking forward to getting this for the ATMOS. My son surprised me with an early release on iTunes. So I owned it on January 27th instead of having to wait until Feb 12th, but my Apple TV model is the one right before the 4K version was released. So I watched the movie without ATMOS as well. At the movie theater, I was disappointed that the original Live Aid performance was cut short and was missing a couple songs. On the bonus features it stated, "Full Live Aid Performance" but when I clicked on it, the sound was really quiet compared to the movie. I just got done watching the movie and the bonus content for that just didn't work right for me. I had to really crank my volume up and even then it wasn't very loud. I would've liked them to include the ORIGINAL Live Aid concert performance instead. I highly recommend all music fans to buy the original Live Aid 4 disc DVD set. It's video quality is not great but the DTS audio is really good considering how old it is. The Queen AND U2 performances are amazing. Right after watching Bohemian Rhapsody, I immediately got out the Live Aid concert discs and watched the original Queen performance.
ChromeJob likes this.
tedhontz is offline  
post #6975 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
@tedhontz Too bad your iTunes version isn't what you want. The UHD is only $25 though... And no problems with audio quality or volume!

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
post #6976 of 7115 Old 03-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
tedhontz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
@tedhontz Too bad your iTunes version isn't what you want. The UHD is only $25 though... And no problems with audio quality or volume!
The iTunes version is UHD and has ATMOS, but I need to upgrade to the newest 5th generation Apple TV 4K. Even without ATMOS, the movie itself sounded great. Just the extra bonus footage for some reason didn't play at the same volume just for that particular bonus feature "Extended Live Aid Concert". All the other bonus footage was in regular volume. I'm REALLY torn about what to do with Apple right now. I own multiple movies on iTunes and I wish I would've purchased the actual movies on disc. But all my movie purchases from iTunes were of course bought on impulse. And most of them were purchased because the buy now price wasn't much more than the rental price. I do love renting movies on iTunes, but don't like owning them on iTunes. Every time a new Apple TV comes out, I tell myself I don't need it and then there becomes a reason that I need it. I used to like Apple TV but my current Apple TV has a TERRIBLE remote and wasn't worth $200. And I don't feel the new one is worth $200 either. And the Yamaha 3060 has AirPlay which is the whole reason I bought an Apple TV many years ago. My song library of over 16,000 is on iTunes and on my MacBook Pro. I air play them to the Apple TV. Now the Yamaha 3060 will let me airplay the audio directly to it. So, other than watching my stored movies, maybe 10, and stored shows, maybe 5, I have no need to have an Apple TV. I'm debating on purchasing the 10 movies on disc and then getting rid of the Apple TV because I really don't think the new model is worth $200. The remote is horrible and I honestly find myself using my cheap Fire Stick more and I like the cheap Fire Stick remote even better.
tedhontz is offline  
post #6977 of 7115 Old 03-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
tedhontz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
You don't want to use Yamaha's onboard "Extra Bass" for better Sub performance.

Anyone serious about Sub Woofer calibration (especially 4 subs) would be wise to invest in a UMIK-1 calibrated mic ($75),
Download REW (Free Room EQ software) and make all room corrections for your sub channels with a miniDSP 2x4HD ($200),
By far the best/economical way to time align 4 subs (IMHO).



YPAO auto correction is only going to work for 2 subs, and only EQ down to 31.3Hz, nothing below that, and will only make minor adjustments with 4 limited bands of EQ.
The miniDSP has 2 input channels and 4 individual output channels (2x4), 10Hz capable with a UMIK-1, and 10 available EQ calibration slots per individual output channel.








I'm running about 14,000+ watts of Sub output in my small 3 seat room,
2 Front Funk Audio 18.0's, 2 Rear Velodyne 15's and 4 Crowson Motion Actuators through my miniDSP 2x4HD

The real power of that little magic black box, if you're willing to venture down the rabbit hole after basic EQ/time alignment,
is the ability to load over 600 movie titles that have had their LFE/ULF restored after the studio crippled/filtered the UHD/Bluray release
(more info in the BEQ link in my sig)

I run my room corrections for my House Curve on the 4 output channels, (that never change)
and utilize the 2 input channels for loading specific Movie BassEQ (BEQ) Low Shelf Filter adjustments.


So I know you know your stuff. Hopefully you can help me out. First, I wasn't given permission to lift yet, so my Yamaha 3060 waits even longer. I've been thinking about the more advanced way of setting up my subwoofers. I like your idea of the mic and the "little magic black box". My question, and it is VERY important to me is, will it work on a MAC instead of a PC? Can't go too long into this story but I used to own a computer shop and since I as the owner knew nothing about MACS and my technicians didn't either, we refused to work on MACS. We were heavily promoting Microsoft products until Microsoft sent me court papers basically demanding me to halt all Microsoft sales until going to court. Apparently the company that I was buying "legitimate licenses" from was not authorized to sell them and they were suing me, not the company. I researched and hired a lawyer that was technology smart instead of challenged. He happened to know an important person from Apple, to which I could've cared less. Apple came in with their lawyers (just 2), added to my 1, and offered to take care of the lawsuit and also to pay for my attorney's fees as well. And Apple knew that my employees and I didn't know a thing about MACS. We were found not guilty and Microsoft was trying to get compensation for hundreds of copies of Windows and hundreds of copies of Office and hundreds of copies of Windows Server which was tremendously expensive. The judge told MS to sue the company that sold me the legitimate copies for years, and that company went under, but Microsoft did succeed in banning us from selling Microsoft products in the future just because they were upset that they lost and they ultimately can control who is allowed to buy their OEM software, but not retail software. Apple also paid for all my technicians to learn how to use Apple computers. We had no way to sell computers that we couldn't put software on so we had no business. Apple paid for 5 years of our lease just to transition over to supporting Apple. With Apple, many years later having their own stores, they no longer "affiliate" with me, but they do offer support both with hardware and software to my company. So 21 years later, we are now a company that sells used and new electronics, which causes me to be on AVS to learn when I can, and we sell Apple products and offer Apple support. I also have a personal interest in electronics which is why I am on this post. I do want the bass equalization but only if it runs on a MacBook Pro. Didn't think of this earlier, but I recently got an ANTHEM receiver in and while testing it we realized it needed a Windows PC, and we aren't allowed to have Windows PCs, so the ANTHEM receiver was sold AS IS untested. I know that was long, but it was really short compared to everything that went on in the three year fight. Can you PM me with links for me to purchase the box and calibration mic? As I do have 4 subs, I think that either wiring them as front left and right, back left and right, or left front and back, or right front and back, is going to give me messed up results. My original plans were going to be to have YPAO measure TWO of the subs and turn the other two off. Once measured, then I was going to "dial" the other two in. This is what I did on my Sony ES. And it does seem that all 4 sound equal from my chair, but they just don't sound right on certain frequencies. Thanks.
tedhontz is offline  
post #6978 of 7115 Old 03-07-2019, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,090
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3105 Post(s)
Liked: 7498
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TL;DR




miniDSP/UMIK-1 products are PC/Mac compatible.
You will also need to download REW and learn how to use it.
(Windows/MacOS/Linux versions available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

>>>> Bass EQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	more info here.png
Views:	265
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2535668  
ChromeJob likes this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 03-07-2019 at 08:13 AM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #6979 of 7115 Old 03-07-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhontz View Post
The iTunes version is UHD and has ATMOS, but I need to upgrade to the newest 5th generation Apple TV 4K. Even without ATMOS, the movie itself sounded great. Just the extra bonus footage for some reason didn't play at the same volume just for that particular bonus feature "Extended Live Aid Concert". All the other bonus footage was in regular volume. I'm REALLY torn about what to do with Apple right now. I own multiple movies on iTunes and I wish I would've purchased the actual movies on disc. But all my movie purchases from iTunes were of course bought on impulse. And most of them were purchased because the buy now price wasn't much more than the rental price. I do love renting movies on iTunes, but don't like owning them on iTunes. Every time a new Apple TV comes out, I tell myself I don't need it and then there becomes a reason that I need it. I used to like Apple TV but my current Apple TV has a TERRIBLE remote and wasn't worth $200. And I don't feel the new one is worth $200 either. And the Yamaha 3060 has AirPlay which is the whole reason I bought an Apple TV many years ago. My song library of over 16,000 is on iTunes and on my MacBook Pro. I air play them to the Apple TV. Now the Yamaha 3060 will let me airplay the audio directly to it. So, other than watching my stored movies, maybe 10, and stored shows, maybe 5, I have no need to have an Apple TV. I'm debating on purchasing the 10 movies on disc and then getting rid of the Apple TV because I really don't think the new model is worth $200. The remote is horrible and I honestly find myself using my cheap Fire Stick more and I like the cheap Fire Stick remote even better.
Ok, thanks for the comments about AppleTV and Fire Stick. I can't stream because of our slow internet speeds and low cap, but I remain ever hopeful that in the "near" future that will change. (45 minutes from one of the major technology centers of the world -- Research Triangle Park -- where many residents actually work at the Park, and we're stuck with 3Mbs DSL or costly 10Mbps Verizon LTE service with severe caps.)

On buying UHDs to replace iTunes, with most UHDs settling quickly to a $15-20 pricepoint, $200 for an AppleTV upgrade seems absurd.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
post #6980 of 7115 Old 03-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
tedhontz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 81
@PioManiac Thank you so much for the information. I am going to order it tonight or tomorrow. I will study up on it so that hopefully I'll know what I'm doing!


@richlife Even though I'm a forced Apple user, I don't like all of their products. Apple TV was great when it first came out but with all the other options out there, it's just not worth $200 especially when the remote is so bad. The Apple TV is very nice when all the sudden a movie pops into your head and you want to watch it with your kids which is my case. So it's great for rentals, but just not worth $200 when the remote is garbage.

I used to have DirecTV but when my contract was up I switched to a trial of Hulu Live TV and then switched to a trial of You Tube Live TV. Both of them are no contracts and $40 a month. This is definitely the way of the future. Then I heard about a company called VUSTREAM. It's an IPTV cable company. Unlike Hulu and YouTube I get ALL the channels out there. Local channels, premium channels, and Pay Per View events. I get all the HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz channels. I watched the UFC fight on Saturday night on PPV for free and the quality is great. It has porn channels if someone wants that, not me, but it's amazing and it costs $25 a month or 3 months for $70. After buying three months for $70, I found another IPTV provider offering the same thing for $10 a month. With VUSTREAM, you need a Fire TV Stick to use it. It's not compatible with much out there. Also, for the $25 a month, you also get access to over 20,000 movies. Last night I watched The Green Book which is still in theaters around here. I originally got my Fire TV Stick for KODI which basically lets you watch movies as soon as they are released, all for free. But KODI is very hit or miss. And when KODI bugs out on a movie, I just rent it on iTunes for my Apple TV. Now with VUSTREAM, I watch tons of free movies and I've never had any trouble. But, internet speed will be your issue. I used to have 30Mbps down and 30Mbps up on Frontier FiOS. Now I have 75/75 just so I don't have any buffering issues because my kids play games online while I'm using the internet to watch live cable TV.

If you ever get fast internet, I highly recommend a Fire TV Stick which is about $30 or you can get a 4K one for under $50. A TON of people love ROKU. I have no ROKU experience but I like their remote as well. Apple TV used to have a good remote but it still wasn't worth $150. Now on the Apple TV remote you have to swipe right left up and down. It's like a trackpad for your thumb and it is not precise at all. And the price with the crappy remote is $200 for the 4K ATMOS model. If you ever do get fast internet, research YouTube Live TV deals. If you buy a Roku from Roku direct, they'll give you a month of YouTube Live TV which is a $40 value.
tedhontz is offline  
post #6981 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
I asked on the "Official Dolby Atmos Thread", but think it's worth asking here also. Keith @kbarnes701 mentioned again that the newer Dolby Digital Surround decoder will not allow the DSU to handle DTS tracks. My 3060 allows the Enhanced DSP to manage DTS and I've been recommending DTS-HD MA be viewed with this to get a great immersive audio environment with an Atmos configured system. (The DSU will also handle DTS tracks with the 3060.) Does anyone know if this Dolby restriction on DSU and DTS tracks also applies to the Yamaha Enhanced (or any other) DSP in the more recent Yamaha models? I'll also ask this Yamaha 3080 forum where it might be tested.

@tedhontz Good to at least know about the VUSTREAM etc. We have some "hope" of "possibly" (notice the mincing of words there) getting 25/25 wireless internet this year. That DSU restriction may be another good reason to go with the 3060 you have.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
post #6982 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChromeJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 4,670
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
I don’t find the Apple TV Siri Remote (I have the 4gen model) so bad, but some apps’ implementation of using the touchpad are atrocious. YouTube makes me angry at least nightly with its overcomplicated interface while playing a video. Watch TCM has coded “15 sec <-“ and “15 sec ->” landing spots that don’t respond consistently, sometimes they work, sometimes not. Filmstruck’s app (possibly the same development team as Watch TCM) was rudimentary and then didn’t get any improvements; I reported bugs that never got addressed. Good riddance.

Remember that the Apple TV is a computer device, and every provider’s app is running on TV OS,… the quality of each app is out of Apple’s hands. Another example: some apps simply don’t support the TV OS Siri commands e.g. “go back one minute,” “what was that?” Inexcusable, since the ATV is a premier product.

BTW, Apple provides a Remote app for iOS that works like the remote, but with the added convenience that if you have an iPad with a paired BT keyboard, you can type things in without having to dictate with Siri, or hunt-and-peck letters on screen. You might find the larger touch area of an iPad or iPad Mini preferable to the small Siri remote. (BTW, remember that the ATV remote is rechargeable, and must be plugged in every couple of months to charge. )

The Roku is IMHO comparable to ATV, but they’re in same class. It’s a device with an operating system and providers develop apps to run under it.

As I said in the other thread, the Cinema DSP modes are not a Dolby upmixer, and probably unaffected by Dolby’s snotty license prohibition to let Surround be used on DTS audio content. Give it a try.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
ChromeJob is offline  
post #6983 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
...

As I said in the other thread, the Cinema DSP modes are not a Dolby upmixer, and probably unaffected by Dolby’s snotty license prohibition to let Surround be used on DTS audio content. Give it a try.
Sure and I agree. But 3060 users like us have the Cinema DSP modes that do work with DTS. The ones we would like to "give it a try" and let us know are the 3080 owners.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
post #6984 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Greetings
Been a long time lurker since I bought a RXA1060 a few years back and have absolutely loved the machine!
But a simple query ( I hope)
My system comprises of the 1060 Focal chorus 726, a Velodyne subby, Oppo 203, MacBook Pro connected via a baby Cambridge dav.and a LG Oled.
The problem.... the sub kicks in when ever I watch the TV or movies via the Oppo and Apple TV...But.. never ever when I am listening to 2 channel music. the focals have plenty of "grunt" but I'm wondering what I'm missing by the Velodyne not kicking in.
SO..what setting have I messed up

Thanking you in advance.
Duffuss is offline  
post #6985 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bwillcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,267
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffuss View Post
Greetings
Been a long time lurker since I bought a RXA1060 a few years back and have absolutely loved the machine!
But a simple query ( I hope)
My system comprises of the 1060 Focal chorus 726, a Velodyne subby, Oppo 203, MacBook Pro connected via a baby Cambridge dav.and a LG Oled.
The problem.... the sub kicks in when ever I watch the TV or movies via the Oppo and Apple TV...But.. never ever when I am listening to 2 channel music. the focals have plenty of "grunt" but I'm wondering what I'm missing by the Velodyne not kicking in.
SO..what setting have I messed up

Thanking you in advance.
Sounds like your front left and right channel speakers may be set to large so the 1060 doesn't route any of your two channel music to them. Set them to small and pick a crossover point. Personally, I usually set the crossover to match the low frequency response of the speakers. I believe opinions vary on this, though.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
bwillcox is online now  
post #6986 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
Sounds like your front left and right channel speakers may be set to large so the 1060 doesn't route any of your two channel music to them. Set them to small and pick a crossover point. Personally, I usually set the crossover to match the low frequency response of the speakers. I believe opinions vary on this, though.
Thanks for the quick response. That seemed to fix the problem
Duffuss is offline  
post #6987 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
tedhontz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
Ok, thanks for the comments about AppleTV and Fire Stick. I can't stream because of our slow internet speeds and low cap, but I remain ever hopeful that in the "near" future that will change. (45 minutes from one of the major technology centers of the world -- Research Triangle Park -- where many residents actually work at the Park, and we're stuck with 3Mbs DSL or costly 10Mbps Verizon LTE service with severe caps.)

On buying UHDs to replace iTunes, with most UHDs settling quickly to a $15-20 pricepoint, $200 for an AppleTV upgrade seems absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
I don’t find the Apple TV Siri Remote (I have the 4gen model) so bad, but some apps’ implementation of using the touchpad are atrocious. YouTube makes me angry at least nightly with its overcomplicated interface while playing a video. Watch TCM has coded “15 sec <-“ and “15 sec ->” landing spots that don’t respond consistently, sometimes they work, sometimes not. Filmstruck’s app (possibly the same development team as Watch TCM) was rudimentary and then didn’t get any improvements; I reported bugs that never got addressed. Good riddance.

Remember that the Apple TV is a computer device, and every provider’s app is running on TV OS,… the quality of each app is out of Apple’s hands. Another example: some apps simply don’t support the TV OS Siri commands e.g. “go back one minute,” “what was that?” Inexcusable, since the ATV is a premier product.

BTW, Apple provides a Remote app for iOS that works like the remote, but with the added convenience that if you have an iPad with a paired BT keyboard, you can type things in without having to dictate with Siri, or hunt-and-peck letters on screen. You might find the larger touch area of an iPad or iPad Mini preferable to the small Siri remote. (BTW, remember that the ATV remote is rechargeable, and must be plugged in every couple of months to charge. )

The Roku is IMHO comparable to ATV, but they’re in same class. It’s a device with an operating system and providers develop apps to run under it.

As I said in the other thread, the Cinema DSP modes are not a Dolby upmixer, and probably unaffected by Dolby’s snotty license prohibition to let Surround be used on DTS audio content. Give it a try.
The older Apple TV silver remotes were just fine. Amazing actually. Along with the touchpad remote, along came new games for the Apple TV. How on earth you're supposed to play a racing game with a little touchpad remote, I have no idea. We bought a $60 Steel Series Nimbus controller. Looks like an Xbox controller but charges with a lightning cable. But the remote is therefore big and not something to be used for basic navigation.

I was recommended a $25 remote from Amazon to replace the Apple TV remote as others hate it very much as well. But what I'm getting at is the new 4K ATMOS models costs $200, plus $60 for a gaming remote to make it even possible to play most games, and then $25 to get a remote to use the Apple TV. That's $285. My $30 Fire Stick remote works just fine. And the Roku remote that I've played with at the stores seems to be a good remote too. I have mentioned on here that I'm an apple user. I see the reason behind the upmarked prices of their computers and laptops. My daughter has an iPad and my son has an iPad mini and they both love them and use them a lot. But I don't agree with all their products. I recently went away from an iPhone and went to an Android phone and mostly I have no regrets. And now I'm considering not upgrading to the latest Apple TV. I just doesn't seem worth the price kind of like the new iPhones don't seem worth the price. I will not use Microsoft products, but with Apple TV, cell phones, and tablets, there are many alternatives using Amazon software or Android software. Not sure what software Roku uses as I've never owned one yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Doing things with the touchpad on the Apple TV is almost impossible. For example, both Hulu Live TV and YouTube Live TV have DVR. I like to fast forward commercials. Try to fast forward or rewind just a slight bit on a remote like that, it just doesn't work.

And the "AirPlay" on the Yamaha 3060 is what is important to me. So therefore I really don't see the need for a new expensive Apple TV.

Last edited by tedhontz; 03-08-2019 at 03:53 PM.
tedhontz is offline  
post #6988 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
[quote=richlife;57712968]I asked on the "Official Dolby Atmos Thread", but think it's worth asking here also. Keith @kbarnes701 mentioned again that the newer Dolby Digital Surround decoder will not allow the DSU to handle DTS tracks. My 3060 allows the Enhanced DSP to manage DTS and I've been recommending DTS-HD MA be viewed with this to get a great immersive audio environment with an Atmos configured system. (The DSU will also handle DTS tracks with the 3060.) Does anyone know if this Dolby restriction on DSU and DTS tracks also applies to the Yamaha Enhanced (or any other) DSP in the more recent Yamaha models? I'll also ask this Yamaha 3080 forum where it might be tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
...

As I said in the other thread, the Cinema DSP modes are not a Dolby upmixer, and probably unaffected by Dolby’s snotty license prohibition to let Surround be used on DTS audio content. Give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
Sure and I agree. But 3060 users like us have the Cinema DSP modes that do work with DTS. The ones we would like to "give it a try" and let us know are the 3080 owners.
For the best answer I've found so far, see this post: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post57717276

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
post #6989 of 7115 Old 03-08-2019, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChromeJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 4,670
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
... As I said in the other thread, the Cinema DSP modes are not a Dolby upmixer, and probably unaffected by Dolby’s snotty license prohibition to let Surround be used on DTS audio content. Give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
Sure and I agree. But 3060 users like us have the Cinema DSP modes that do work with DTS. The ones we would like to "give it a try" and let us know are the 3080 owners.
I'd forgotten that Gene DellaSalla at Audioholics noted that third party DSP software (like Yamaha's Cinema DSP) were supposed to be unaffected by the 2018 Dolby license restriction.

Quote:
Interestingly, Dolby will permit 3rd party upmixing and/or surround virtualization of channel-based codecs that support Dolby Atmos rendering as long as the 3rd party doesn't license their own upmixing technologies to 3rd parties. In other words, you can't upmix a Dolby signal with a DTS:X or Auro-Matic upmixer but if you own a Yamaha receiver or Logic7-based Harman processor, you can still overlay their proprietary DSP over a Dolby signal. For example, if you have a Dolby TrueHD source, you can't use the DTS or Auro-Matic upmixers in conjunction to height virtualize the signal. Yet, you will be able to throw on a DSP mode to the signal that potentially mucks up the mix to sound like bathroom halls at a German Cathedral in Munich.

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-te...upmixing-atmos
EDIT: Oh, derp. You're referencing the very same article on another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhontz View Post
Spoiler!
Okay, okay. You don't like the Apple TV, I get it. I run Android and Apple devices myself.
richlife likes this.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 03-08-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Oops, we're looking to the same Audioholics article. :}
ChromeJob is offline  
post #6990 of 7115 Old 03-23-2019, 12:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
tedhontz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Well guys I finally have been given permission to lift and bend, so I was excited to FINALLY get started on inserting the Yamaha 3060 into my system, until I noticed a problem. I have two Monster Power Surge Centers. They normally sit in front of me and therefore I see the same bright lights every night. But I noticed some bright lights were not lit, on both units. The "wiring ok" and "grounded ok" lights are out on both. I've owned this house just over a year and I've experienced multiple electrical issues. Right when moving in there were flickering lights. I didn't care because I was replacing with all new light fixtures and light bulbs. After installing the new fixtures, light bulbs are blowing out on a monthly basis. I've replaced 20 total in a year. Then the new light fixtures began to fail. My newer central A/C unit has blown the hard start kit 4 times. My whole house filtration system is dead. My whole house humidifier is dead. These are just the electrical issues. I've had many other issues that were hidden from the inspector that have since then gone out.

Had an electrician come over and he pulled an outlet in the home theater room. It was all rigged up. Had 8 wires running to an outlet instead of 3. There were cut up wires shoved to the back of the outlet boxes and there were red wires introduced as black wires and speaker wire was being used as ground wire! It's a disaster! I talked to the realtor because the homeowner must disclose anything that is wrong with the home. They disclosed nothing. But I was told that I need to take them to court which means also getting a lawyer and it would be my burden to prove all the problems were there before I bought the house. I don't know how I'm supposed to prove they knew about it. For example, a day after moving in, the faucet handle fell off the tub/shower faucet. It was GLUED on because the screw was stripped. That cost $300. I can say they glued it to pass inspection and they can say I glued it. So I don't know what to do. The Yamaha just sits longer while I'm going to have to figure out what to do about all these wiring and electrical issues in the house.
tedhontz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
1060 , arc , computer , dolby atmos , lgtv , OLED65C6P , RX-A1060 , RX-A3060 , savant , Sonos , Yamaha , yamaha 1060

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off