Pioneer VSX-1123: Pandora Server Error - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #61 of 77 Old 12-21-2016, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Pandora update.

Send Pandora an email last night asking if they were still coordinating with Pioneer. Here's the reply (12-21-16).

Julian | Pandora
DEC 21, 2016 | 09:44AM PST
Hi xxxxxxx,
Thanks for writing back and sorry for the continued trouble with Pandora on your Pioneer receiver.
We have been actively working with the manufacturer on a fix that can be pushed out to your device — though, Pioneer will directly implement any resolution through a firmware update. All I can recommend at this time is to regularly check for firmware updates on your receiver.

Unfortunately, from what you’ve shared, it sounds like Pioneer does not have current plans to update your specific device.

Keep in mind, Pandora should still operate without issue on your other supported devices. Sorry for any inconvenience around this. We greatly appreciate your patience and support.

Best,
Julian | Pandora
Listener Advocate
PANDORA® internet radio

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 Old 12-24-2016, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got that same response from Pioneer about my SC-1222. I too understand not being able to support old equipment but I'll find a different company to purchase from if they can't support something that's 3 years old.
aspera likes this.
post #63 of 77 Old 12-25-2016, 01:15 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJRyan82 View Post
I got that same response from Pioneer about my SC-1222. I too understand not being able to support old equipment but I'll find a different company to purchase from if they can't support something that's 3 years old.
That's BS. That's the point of Firmware. Other manufacturers had no problem in dealing with this. Could be a sign of who to go to, those that can keep up. Obviously, Pioneer can't or won't.

#PioneerSucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 77 Old 12-29-2016, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got the official word from Pioneer customer service via phone that the SC-6x series will NOT be given a firmware update. Okay Pioneer, count at least one more customer lost due to terrible support down the line. I'll keep using my SC-68 until it bricks and then I'll be moving on (and UP) to Yamaha or Denon.

Greg
post #65 of 77 Old 01-01-2017, 10:41 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkrider View Post
Just got the official word from Pioneer customer service via phone that the SC-6x series will NOT be given a firmware update. Okay Pioneer, count at least one more customer lost due to terrible support down the line. I'll keep using my SC-68 until it bricks and then I'll be moving on (and UP) to Yamaha or Denon.
This really sucks, I mean how difficult can it be to update the firmware if they are doing it for other models. They also don't update their iPhone App. I have an SC-68, I think it is very good, well at least after it was repaired a while back with the other error. Luckily I was able to get that one under warranty. I would consider changing brands now also, although I have been very loyal to Pioneer. Too bad I suppose, a company needs to support their customers.
post #66 of 77 Old 01-02-2017, 08:59 AM

Do our own coding? (Pioneer Makers...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture1 View Post
This really sucks, I mean how difficult can it be to update the firmware if they are doing it for other models. They also don't update their iPhone App. I have an SC-68, I think it is very good, well at least after it was repaired a while back with the other error. Luckily I was able to get that one under warranty. I would consider changing brands now also, although I have been very loyal to Pioneer. Too bad I suppose, a company needs to support their customers.
That does bring up an idea. Has anyone tried to open the update files, figure out what is being changed, change it and then load the update? What level of coding knowledge would be needed? Would Pandora let us know what their changes require us to do inside the file?

I make changes to the registry files of Windows 7 and 10 machines all the time. Those changes can be very small and very specific (i.e., you don't have to re-load the entire registry, just that small change you want to make. I wonder if the same is true for these firmware updates?).

Last edited by aspera; 01-02-2017 at 09:02 AM.
post #67 of 77 Old 01-21-2017, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can I use the SC1523K firmware update on my sc1522k?

I purchased my SC-1522-K receiver in July 2013, but it doesn't seem to have a firmware update for the Pandora issue. I see that the SC-1523-K had a firmware update released in December. Any chance using the SC-1523-K firmware update would work on my SC-1522-K, or would it cause other more serious problems?
post #68 of 77 Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure1 View Post
I have had a Pioneer VSX-1123 receiver for several years now, and have been using Pandora without issue until about 2 weeks ago. When I either use the AVControl app on my phone or select Pandora on the receiver, I get the message "Server Error". If I browse to the receiver's IP address and attempt to log in there, I get the message "Could not apply new settings". I have reset the receiver, reset my cable modem and wireless router, and I have updated the firmware on the receiver. I AM able to access Pandora on my phone and laptop. Search results pull up nothing but an issue from back in 2012 when Pandora made security changes, which required a firmware update for the Pioneer receivers. Has anyone else had issues with Pandora on their Pioneer receivers lately?
I have the updated firmware from Josh at Powermove - Pioneer's Australian agent. File to large to post. How do I get it to you?
post #69 of 77 Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I couldn't log into Sirius this past weekend, anyone else having that issue? My unit is an SC-65.

Vinyl, tape, digital... I don't care as long as I can listen to my music...
post #70 of 77 Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM

Firmware from down-under?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer1 View Post
I have the updated firmware from Josh at Powermove - Pioneer's Australian agent. File to large to post. How do I get it to you?
Would they also have firmware for the SC-1222?
post #71 of 77 Old 03-15-2017, 01:34 PM

Hi Engineer-1,
Do you have access to any other firmware updates?
FarmerBob likes this.
post #72 of 77 Old 04-28-2017, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure1 View Post
I have had a Pioneer VSX-1123 receiver for several years now, and have been using Pandora without issue until about 2 weeks ago. When I either use the AVControl app on my phone or select Pandora on the receiver, I get the message "Server Error". If I browse to the receiver's IP address and attempt to log in there, I get the message "Could not apply new settings". I have reset the receiver, reset my cable modem and wireless router, and I have updated the firmware on the receiver. I AM able to access Pandora on my phone and laptop. Search results pull up nothing but an issue from back in 2012 when Pandora made security changes, which required a firmware update for the Pioneer receivers. Has anyone else had issues with Pandora on their Pioneer receivers lately?
Hi,

Not sure if you were aware, but there is an update that fixes Pandora on the 1123! I have the same Reciever and same issue as others on this thread. I just checked Pioneer's website, and there is indeed an update with a fix. Updating on the Reciever via Internet will not work. You have to download it from the site into a USB and then unzip the files. Additionally, once unzipped, take the contents from the unzipped folder and drag them onto the main USB so that there are no folders of any kind on the drive, just the files by themselves. Delete everything else an empty the trash can /recycle bin to completely remove absolutely everything on the USB drive except the files. Plug it into the Reciever and "update from USB". It should take about 5-10min. Pandora now works! Here is the link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ers/VSX-1123-K

??
Dookiethree likes this.
post #73 of 77 Old 05-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by djMOGGY View Post
Hi,

Not sure if you were aware, but there is an update that fixes Pandora on the 1123! I have the same Reciever and same issue as others on this thread. I just checked Pioneer's website, and there is indeed an update with a fix. Updating on the Reciever via Internet will not work. You have to download it from the site into a USB and then unzip the files. Additionally, once unzipped, take the contents from the unzipped folder and drag them onto the main USB so that there are no folders of any kind on the drive, just the files by themselves. Delete everything else an empty the trash can /recycle bin to completely remove absolutely everything on the USB drive except the files. Plug it into the Reciever and "update from USB". It should take about 5-10min. Pandora now works! Here is the link:

??
I went to the SC-65 page on Pioneer's site this weekend and noticed that they mentioned an update for that device as well. Have yet to try it, but hope it works!

Thanks for the info about the USB device.

Vinyl, tape, digital... I don't care as long as I can listen to my music...
post #74 of 77 Old 05-24-2017, 09:19 AM

Any SC-1222 firmware update?

Has anyone heard any good news on a firmware update for the SC-1222 ?
FarmerBob likes this.
post #75 of 77 Old 11-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by djMOGGY View Post
Hi,

??
Will this work on the VSX-1121?
post #76 of 77 Old 08-20-2018, 01:58 PM

Sc-1222

post #77 of 77 Old 08-20-2018, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspera View Post
I would surmise that since we haven't heard anything in a very long time, the SC-1222 is long past EOL (End Of Life) as far as Pioneer is concerned. Being that they weren't concerned at all when it was a current model. Probably due to the merger and the overall lack of interest . . .

I'd like to get rid of mine, I am so over Pioneers' low quality. Every time I go somewhere they always have a, cheaper cost to them, unit that is amazing. Plus all the new audio codecs that are out now, this unit is in all reality EOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page