Owner's Thread for Pioneer SC-LX701 / SC-801 / SC-LX901 Receviers - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1633Likes

post #691 of 2058 Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by asif2001 View Post
Hello, everyone,
I am the PIONEER SC-LX801 owner since Oct 2016.
My speakers are ELAC BS312 * 2 + BS302 * 5 + 111.2 * 2 (Dolby ATMOS 5.2.2).

I have a question.
Is it worth buying an extra multi-channel Power Amplifier to work together?
For example: SC-LX801 (Preamp mode on) PreOut----> Emotiva XPA-7 GEN3 ----> speakers

Will the system sound have a lot or a little improvement?
Or this is just a waste of money?
Is the internal Amplifier of the SC-LX801 good enough? no need to add another external amplifier.?

Thanks a lot.
More power/head-room is almost always a good thing but can't imagine it making much of a difference in your set-up - your AVR is extremely efficient. I've had an SC-89(just a bit more power than yours) driving C208/F208 towers(pretty power hungry) x-over'd at 80Hz with 2xsubs and don't feel the need to use an external power(and have a spare 1 I can borrow). With that said, if I ran 'pure-direct' in that set-up I would consider an external amp a necessity. I'm not familiar with the BS312(other than they are bookshelf?) but unless they are extremely power hungry and you often run pure direct(or x-over your subs extremely low), I'd take a pass on an add'l amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 2058 Old 09-24-2017, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Dolby True HD issue?

Greetings fellow lx701 owners. I just got mine this weekend and so far it's great with two exceptions.

1. I have a logitech Harmony 900 and they (logitech) don't have the receiver in their DB! Programming the remote is painful but I guess I'm stuck. Anyone have suggestions for another remote that might be more current? I need the RF capabilities because equipment is in a separate room.

2. Last night, we put on Wonder Woman (4K) to give the system a proper welcome home. Had the receiver set on Auto Surround. The main display indicated the track was Dolby True HD. No sound at all. I know everything is working because I played other material through it earlier. When I changed the receiver mode to Dolby Surround, sound came through. We ended up watching the movie that way but obviously I'm wondering why I get no sound when in Auto Surround mode. DTS material played through fine in Auto Surround.

I'm running 5.1 right now (hopefully adding a .2 to that soon). Speakers are Aerial 7s. Samsung 4K BluRay player outputs bitstream audio track. Ran Full Auto MCACC. Using latest firmware update from Pioneer (updated 9/23).

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions!

Cheers,
Frank
post #693 of 2058 Old 09-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Picked up a Pioneer SCLX501 last week and can not get it to pass through 4k bluray video, it says the display does not support it.

Going from Samsung 4k blu ray player via 4k hdmi to the Pioneer SCLX501 and then 4k hdmi to Sony 4k pj VW365ES but it converts down the image to 1080p. Is there a setting in the Pioneer to pass the 4k signal to the pj??

When I use 2 hdmi connection on back Sammy 4k blu ray player, video hdmi to the pj and audio hdmi to the receiver, all works well and the pj displays 4k signal. If I go single hdmi cable through the receiver to the pj, then it downconverts to 1080p to the pj.

Tia,

Ian B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 2058 Old 09-24-2017, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B View Post
Picked up a Pioneer SCLX501 last week and can not get it to pass through 4k bluray video, it says the display does not support it.

Going from Samsung 4k blu ray player via 4k hdmi to the Pioneer SCLX501 and then 4k hdmi to Sony 4k pj VW365ES but it converts down the image to 1080p. Is there a setting in the Pioneer to pass the 4k signal to the pj??

When I use 2 hdmi connection on back Sammy 4k blu ray player, video hdmi to the pj and audio hdmi to the receiver, all works well and the pj displays 4k signal. If I go single hdmi cable through the receiver to the pj, then it downconverts to 1080p to the pj.

Tia,

Ian B
Do you have the avr hooked to a second display unit like a tv?
post #695 of 2058 Old 09-24-2017, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
Do you have the avr hooked to a second display unit like a tv?
Yes, I have a 42" Sony but it is connected to the avr via component for video and coaxial for sound??

thx,

Ian B
post #696 of 2058 Old 09-25-2017, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillPhoto View Post
Greetings fellow lx701 owners. I just got mine this weekend and so far it's great with two exceptions.

1. I have a logitech Harmony 900 and they (logitech) don't have the receiver in their DB! Programming the remote is painful but I guess I'm stuck. Anyone have suggestions for another remote that might be more current? I need the RF capabilities because equipment is in a separate room.

2. Last night, we put on Wonder Woman (4K) to give the system a proper welcome home. Had the receiver set on Auto Surround. The main display indicated the track was Dolby True HD. No sound at all. I know everything is working because I played other material through it earlier. When I changed the receiver mode to Dolby Surround, sound came through. We ended up watching the movie that way but obviously I'm wondering why I get no sound when in Auto Surround mode. DTS material played through fine in Auto Surround.

I'm running 5.1 right now (hopefully adding a .2 to that soon). Speakers are Aerial 7s. Samsung 4K BluRay player outputs bitstream audio track. Ran Full Auto MCACC. Using latest firmware update from Pioneer (updated 9/23).

I was about to post my issue with Dolby True HD. THEN i saw your post. i have exactly the same problem, and this has only started recently. So same problem here... I’ve tried with many other signals, and no problem. Only Dolby True HD is malfunctioning.

By the way, my harmony works great with LX801

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sony KD-75ZD9
Pioneer SC-LX801
Dynaudio Excite X32 x2, X16 x2, X22, IW17 x2, SUB300
Oppo UDP-203
HTPC (i7, nvidia GTX1060 12gb, Kodi)
post #697 of 2058 Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I have a 42" Sony but it is connected to the avr via component for video and coaxial for sound??

thx,

Ian B
Not sure it will have any effect but try disconnecting the 42"
post #698 of 2058 Old 09-25-2017, 01:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I just got the Neeo remote. It works very well with all of my gear. I am currently helping them work out kinks with the LX801. They should have everything together this week. Cant recommend this company / remote enough. Great addition to any home theater. Neeo.com

Pioneer SC-LX801: Atmos 5.2.4
Def. Tech. 8060 Fronts & Center - 8040 Surrounds
Def. Tech. XTR-20BP (4) Atmos Ceiling Mounted
Sony 55" XBR850B l Neeo Universal Remote
Oppo 203 l PS4 l Xbox One l Apple TV4K
post #699 of 2058 Old 09-25-2017, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by opideegs View Post
Does anyone know what the new update includes
New on 8/31
I have a lx801
Dolby vision ?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can confirm that the new software 2079-2000-2020-0008 released on 31 Aug, 2017 does NOT allow Dolby Vision pass-thru. My Opportunity UDP-203 connected directly to my LG OLED65B6P does display Dolby Vision when the receiver is bypassed. But when the SC-LX701 is in the path, the signal downgrades to HDR10.

Kevin Windrem

Last edited by kwindrem; 09-26-2017 at 08:10 AM.
post #700 of 2058 Old 09-26-2017, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Wink change speaker setup to 5.1.4 or any dolby atmos setup to hear DOLBY TRUE HD !

Quote:

I have Pioneer SC-LX901 with 5.1 Setup now will upgrade next year to 5.1.4.

the reason main display indicate the track was [Dolby True HD] while sound is not coming because this signal is 8 Channels for Dolby Atmos. either you have to have a dolby atmos speakers OR just change your speaker setup to 5.1.2, 5.1.4 or any dolby atmos setup; you will start hearing the sound although you have 5.1 only. the drawback of this dolby atmos setting while you don't have dolby atmos speakers at all is you will lose some sound effect.
stickpony likes this.
post #701 of 2058 Old 09-27-2017, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Having read through this entire thread, I see that Dolby Vision has come up a few times and the confusion around its mystical firmware update is rife. I originally had a SC-LX59 but it would not output and passthrough 4:4:4 so got upgraded to the 701. I had a choice of either the unit or full refund. I was thinking of just taking the refund and updating to one of the new Denon receivers as these passthrough DV, and was assured by the Pioneer distributor that a Dolby Vision update is indeed coming for this series.

I remember it took Pioneer ages to pull their finger out and add the DTS X update - which fell around late October early November 2016 by memory - I suspect it's around that time this year we can expect the DV update as well.
post #702 of 2058 Old 09-27-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoxx View Post
Having read through this entire thread, I see that Dolby Vision has come up a few times and the confusion around its mystical firmware update is rife. I originally had a SC-LX59 but it would not output and passthrough 4:4:4 so got upgraded to the 701. I had a choice of either the unit or full refund. I was thinking of just taking the refund and updating to one of the new Denon receivers as these passthrough DV, and was assured by the Pioneer distributor that a Dolby Vision update is indeed coming for this series.

I remember it took Pioneer ages to pull their finger out and add the DTS X update - which fell around late October early November 2016 by memory - I suspect it's around that time this year we can expect the DV update as well.
Thanks for the info. I received this from Pioneer:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Pioneer product support about your question regarding Dolby vision with this receiver. This receiver will be getting the update for Dolby Vision but we just don't have a date yet as to when.

Thank you
Bryan

If you need further assistance feel free to call us at 1-844-679-5350.
Home Theater Product Support Team Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 9am to 8pm EST
Saturday & Sunday 10am to 4pm EST
Or visit our website at www.pioneerelectronics.com for product information, authorized service & sales center locations, and warranty information.
If you need to contact our Parts and Service, TV Support, Car Audio, Industrial Products or Cycle Sports, please call 1-800-421-1404.
Parts and Service, TV Support, Car Audio, Industrial Products or Cycle Sports Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm EST
mdsjedi44 likes this.
post #703 of 2058 Old 09-27-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoxx View Post

Thanks for the info. I received this from Pioneer Aug. 28th 2017:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Pioneer product support about your question regarding Dolby vision with this receiver. This receiver will be getting the update for Dolby Vision but we just don't have a date yet as to when.

Thank you
Bryan

If you need further assistance feel free to call us at 1-844-679-5350.
Home Theater Product Support Team Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 9am to 8pm EST
Saturday & Sunday 10am to 4pm EST
Or visit our website at www.pioneerelectronics.com for product information, authorized service & sales center locations, and warranty information.
If you need to contact our Parts and Service, TV Support, Car Audio, Industrial Products or Cycle Sports, please call 1-800-421-1404.
Parts and Service, TV Support, Car Audio, Industrial Products or Cycle Sports Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm EST
mdsjedi44 likes this.
post #704 of 2058 Old 09-28-2017, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettcox22 View Post
Hello,

Thank you
Bryan
I just saw good news on the German Onkyo website:

http://www.de.onkyo.com/de/artikel/l...yo-145853.html

Quote:
Dolby Vision unterstützen bereits zahlreiche Heimkino-Receiver von Pioneer und Onkyo des Modelljahrs 2017 an allen HDMI-Anschlüssen: Pioneer SC-LX502, VSX-LX302, VSX-932 und VSX-832, sowie Onkyo TX-RZ820, TX-RZ720, TX-NR676E, TX-NR575E und TX-NR474 geben Dolby Vision-Signale und -Metadaten im Pass-Through-Modus vom Zuspieler an das Display weiter.

Für viele Receiver des Modelljahrs 2016 wird diese Fähigkeit in Form eines kostenlosen Firmware-Updates im Dezember 2017 nachgerüstet. Bei Pioneer sind das die Receiver SC-LX901, SC-LX801, SC-LX701, SC-LX501, VSX-1131 und VSX-831. Onkyo ermöglicht das Update bei den Receivern PR-RZ5100, TX-RZ3100, TX-RZ1100, TX-RZ810, TX-RZ710, TX-RZ610, TX-NR757, TX-NR656 und TX-NR555.
Basically it says that all receivers mentioned in the first paragraph pass through Dolby Vision - the ones in the second paragraph will get a firmware update in December 2017 to add Dolby Vision.

Yves

Last edited by Yves Smolders; 09-28-2017 at 08:02 AM.
post #705 of 2058 Old 09-28-2017, 06:42 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by usertron View Post
Hello I apologize if this is not posted the right spot. I am a new owner of the LX701 coming from the SC-1223K. There are a few noticeable differences as other stated that take some getting used to since I believe Onkyo purchased Pioneer. Here are my questions, I did try to write pioneer but seems they take forever.

I cannot seem to get the DRC on the OSD Change. Its always Greyed out.

Is these any way to change channel level without going into the Actual Home menu?

What does the Theater Filter do?

Looks like they got rid of Prologic II what is the equivalent surround setting for that?

My original X-box using component does not work it gave me a 480i warning even though I had set it to 480p.720p.1080i Maybe its the menu when its starts.. Just annoying. I dont know.

Other Notes I am really hoping with and Update they change the STATUS to actually stay on the Sound Format instead of changing back to the Volume like others have stated! Also ability to change Channel level without opening the Home Menu system!

Thank You for your time and help. I am still reading through this entire thread and there is some great info on here.

Usertron.
Hi,
I've got the problem w/ my XBOX 360. Tried to connect w/ component cables and got the 480i msg. As you know, the XBOX only goes to 480P. Please let me know if you find a solution,
Thanks
post #706 of 2058 Old 09-29-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Hello I apologize if this is not posted the right spot. I am a new owner of the LX701 coming from the SC-1223K. There are a few noticeable differences as other stated that take some getting used to since I believe Onkyo purchased Pioneer. Here are my questions, I did try to write pioneer but seems they take forever.

I cannot seem to get the DRC on the OSD Change. Its always Greyed out.

Is these any way to change channel level without going into the Actual Home menu?

What does the Theater Filter do?

Looks like they got rid of Prologic II what is the equivalent surround setting for that?

My original X-box using component does not work it gave me a 480i warning even though I had set it to 480p.720p.1080i Maybe its the menu when its starts.. Just annoying. I dont know.

Other Notes I am really hoping with and Update they change the STATUS to actually stay on the Sound Format instead of changing back to the Volume like others have stated! Also ability to change Channel level without opening the Home Menu system!

Thank You for your time and help. I am still reading through this entire thread and there is some great info on here.

Usertron.
Just got off the phone w/ Pioneer support re XBOX 360 component video connection problems. They said that the video conversion only works w/ a 480i incoming signal so the 480p won't work. Their solution was to hook the XBOX directly to the TV and audio to the LX701. So, unless somebody in the forum has a work around that Pioneer isn't aware of, those of us w/ XBOX 360s and don't want to pay for an XBOX one. this is what we're stuck with. I tried it and it does work, but not what I was expecting.
post #707 of 2058 Old 09-29-2017, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhguy1 View Post
Just got off the phone w/ Pioneer support re XBOX 360 component video connection problems. They said that the video conversion only works w/ a 480i incoming signal so the 480p won't work. Their solution was to hook the XBOX directly to the TV and audio to the LX701. So, unless somebody in the forum has a work around that Pioneer isn't aware of, those of us w/ XBOX 360s and don't want to pay for an XBOX one. this is what we're stuck with. I tried it and it does work, but not what I was expecting.
Well I did some googling and I was talking about the original XBOX for the 360 I just have it running HDMI to my reciever and have not had any issues. The original was not able to be viewed through receiver using Component cables because of the 480i but I found a fix. you can force the original xbox to do 480p by holding down both triggers and then pushing down and clicking both joysitcks on the remote at the menu screen. of course with HD turned on in the menu. you can search google for force HD on the 360 maybe its the same? 480p should work though because it says in my manual that 480p works with component through receiver to HDMI to tv.. Not sure why you dont just get an HDMI cable and hook that from your xbox to your receiver,, you get way better sound and Video. Anyway good luck.
post #708 of 2058 Old 09-29-2017, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhguy1 View Post
xbox360 should have no problem sending out 720p/1080i over component. are you sure your not using composite which is 480i only?

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
post #709 of 2058 Old 09-29-2017, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
Very interesting! Thank you, both, for your replies. If I see dropouts via the SUB HDMI port after the firmware update, I'll try switching to the MAIN port to feed the projector. I'll be testing it this coming Saturday (Booth Bijou Garage Theater event).

Mark
HI Mark, Have you gone to the HDMI out section and disabled (HDMI out 1) so you are using only HDMI out 2 on it's own.
Sometimes HDMI out 1&2 conflict with each other if both are selected (Out 1&2).

Regards Paul.
post #710 of 2058 Old 09-30-2017, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 110
http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/eu...rd-home-cinema
skads_187 likes this.

TV-Sony Bravia KD-65"A1, Pioneer SC-LX901 7.2.4 ATMOS/DTS-X, Polk DSW 660*2, Polk RTi A7*2, Pol Csi A6, Polk RtiA5*2, Polk Tsi300*2, Polk TSX 220B *2, Polk OWM 3*2, Zappiti-4kHDROne, Oppo UDP-203, XboxOneX, PS4, Oppo BDP-83, Darbee DVP-500s, ZidooX10, Sony Bravia HX925 55"
post #711 of 2058 Old 09-30-2017, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 110
skads_187 likes this.

TV-Sony Bravia KD-65"A1, Pioneer SC-LX901 7.2.4 ATMOS/DTS-X, Polk DSW 660*2, Polk RTi A7*2, Pol Csi A6, Polk RtiA5*2, Polk Tsi300*2, Polk TSX 220B *2, Polk OWM 3*2, Zappiti-4kHDROne, Oppo UDP-203, XboxOneX, PS4, Oppo BDP-83, Darbee DVP-500s, ZidooX10, Sony Bravia HX925 55"
post #712 of 2058 Old 09-30-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr8655 View Post
HI Mark, Have you gone to the HDMI out section and disabled (HDMI out 1) so you are using only HDMI out 2 on it's own.
Sometimes HDMI out 1&2 conflict with each other if both are selected (Out 1&2).

Regards Paul.
Paul,

Thank you for the suggestion. We've used the garage projector twice since I posted my initial query and didn't have any video dropouts during 6+ hours of usage each time. I *did* update the LX801's firmware since then so, fingers crossed, perhaps the firmware update took care of the issue.

We will be upgrading the garage projector to a 4K HDR model sometime in 2018. It will be interesting to see if my existing 35' HDMI cable will work with it. I suspect I'll need to get an optical cable for best reliability.

Mark
post #713 of 2058 Old 09-30-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Well I did some googling and I was talking about the original XBOX for the 360 I just have it running HDMI to my reciever and have not had any issues. The original was not able to be viewed through receiver using Component cables because of the 480i but I found a fix. you can force the original xbox to do 480p by holding down both triggers and then pushing down and clicking both joysitcks on the remote at the menu screen. of course with HD turned on in the menu. you can search google for force HD on the 360 maybe its the same? 480p should work though because it says in my manual that 480p works with component through receiver to HDMI to tv.. Not sure why you dont just get an HDMI cable and hook that from your xbox to your receiver,, you get way better sound and Video. Anyway good luck.
My problem is I have an older XBOX 360 which only supports Component, the newer XBOX 360s ( I guess 2007 up) have HDMI ports.
post #714 of 2058 Old 09-30-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
xbox360 should have no problem sending out 720p/1080i over component. are you sure your not using composite which is 480i only?
My problem isn't what the XBOX is sending out, it's what the LX 710 can use to upscale.
post #715 of 2058 Old 09-30-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
I should add that, yes, I'm sure it's component, red, green and blue.
post #716 of 2058 Old 10-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Advanced Member

Question on how to determine if dolby atmos or dolby hd is being played on 4k blu rays via hdmi into the Pioneer receiver. I just picked up the Pioneer SCLX501 and although different model than this thread I figure it should be similar when passing dolby atmos audio.

I have a Sammy 8500 4k blu ray player passing audio via 4k hdmi to the Pioneer receiver and the video hdmi in the samsung receiver sending video directly to the projector. The reason I am doing the 2 cable connection is because when I plug a new 4k hdmi cable directly to the avr and out to the projector, the samsung blu ray displays a message on the screen that the connection does not support 4k and down converts signal to 1080p???

What am I missing here, it should pass to the avr and from the avr pass to the pj w no issues. When I hit the display on the Pioneer display, it shows audio as dolby atmos/dolby hd. I tried Sing and St Andreas which both have dolby atmos but could not tell which track was playing. On the 4k bluray menu, I selected dolby atmos and the movie started. But, when I hit the display button on the Pioneer remote, I see on the tv as well as on the front of the receiver dolby atmos/dolby hd.

This all happened today after I installed a set of Onkio dolby atmos speakers to test it out. I ran the initial set up again, I have the speakers set as 7.1.2 with subwoofer. When I played some of the scenes w overhead action, the onkyo speakers did not make a sound but, when I do the initial set which tests each speaker is there, the test tone is heard coming out of them.

Is this process so complicated, I thought it should be plug and play and done. Today I will test again with you tube dolby atmos videos to see if I hear those height onkyo speakers work.

I was under the impression that if I hit dolby atmos track, the avr would only display that as the track. Maybe that is the way Pioneer does on these receivers and new Dolby tracks????

Tia,

Ian B
post #717 of 2058 Old 10-02-2017, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Question on how to determine if dolby atmos or dolby hd is being played on 4k blu rays via hdmi into the Pioneer receiver. I just picked up the Pioneer SCLX501 and although different model than this thread I figure it should be similar when passing dolby atmos audio.

I have a Sammy 8500 4k blu ray player passing audio via 4k hdmi to the Pioneer receiver and the video hdmi in the samsung receiver sending video directly to the projector. The reason I am doing the 2 cable connection is because when I plug a new 4k hdmi cable directly to the avr and out to the projector, the samsung blu ray displays a message on the screen that the connection does not support 4k and down converts signal to 1080p???

What am I missing here, it should pass to the avr and from the avr pass to the pj w no issues. When I hit the display on the Pioneer display, it shows audio as dolby atmos/dolby hd. I tried Sing and St Andreas which both have dolby atmos but could not tell which track was playing. On the 4k bluray menu, I selected dolby atmos and the movie started. But, when I hit the display button on the Pioneer remote, I see on the tv as well as on the front of the receiver dolby atmos/dolby hd.

This all happened today after I installed a set of Onkio dolby atmos speakers to test it out. I ran the initial set up again, I have the speakers set as 7.1.2 with subwoofer. When I played some of the scenes w overhead action, the onkyo speakers did not make a sound but, when I do the initial set which tests each speaker is there, the test tone is heard coming out of them.

Is this process so complicated, I thought it should be plug and play and done. Today I will test again with you tube dolby atmos videos to see if I hear those height onkyo speakers work.

I was under the impression that if I hit dolby atmos track, the avr would only display that as the track. Maybe that is the way Pioneer does on these receivers and new Dolby tracks????

Tia,

Ian B
Regretfully San Andreas has a weak Dolby Atmos sound track. I found this out also. Try Kong: Skull Island. That has one of the best I've tried so far.
With reference to your avr passing 2160P, if you're also hooked to a non-4K display at the same time as your pj, this could be the issue. Try running the avr on Main out only to the pj.
post #718 of 2058 Old 10-02-2017, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Why should I connect my Pioneer SC-LX710 Receiver to my Desktop Windows 10 Home Group

I have a Pioneer SC-LX710 receiver with a Sony 900E TV. Both have LAN Ethernet connections to my ASUS Router via a switch and I have a Windows 10 Desktop Computer connected to the Router also.

What are the advantages of adding my Pioneer Receiver and for that matter my Sony TV to my Windows Home Group?

Will I be able to share my folders on my Desktop Computer with my Receiver or TV? For example: If I had a video in a folder on my Desktop would I be able to play that video on my TV?

Thank you
post #719 of 2058 Old 10-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
Regretfully San Andreas has a weak Dolby Atmos sound track. I found this out also. Try Kong: Skull Island. That has one of the best I've tried so far.
With reference to your avr passing 2160P, if you're also hooked to a non-4K display at the same time as your pj, this could be the issue. Try running the avr on Main out only to the pj.

Thanks for info cdnscg for info. Disconnected the component and digital coaxial connected to a 42" Ony and that help. I still do not get any sound at all from the Dolby atmos speakers. I ran the initial set up again and this time found the Dolby surround speakers to choose as my height speakers. They make sound during test tones but when I play any movie w Dolby atmos, they make no sound hen next to my ears on Tarzan, kong, sing, st Andreas all 4K blu rays w Dolby atmos selected. The front display is also showing Dolby atmos/Dolby hd on front panel. Shouldn't it read either on the front and not both???? I know the denon receivers display Dolby atmos or Dolby hd. Gonna do a quick call to pioneer in the morning and if they can't fix, I am returning the receiver back to frys.

Ian B
post #720 of 2058 Old 10-02-2017, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for info cdnscg for info. Disconnected the component and digital coaxial connected to a 42" Ony and that help. I still do not get any sound at all from the Dolby atmos speakers. I ran the initial set up again and this time found the Dolby surround speakers to choose as my height speakers. They make sound during test tones but when I play any movie w Dolby atmos, they make no sound hen next to my ears on Tarzan, kong, sing, st Andreas all 4K blu rays w Dolby atmos selected. The front display is also showing Dolby atmos/Dolby hd on front panel. Shouldn't it read either on the front and not both???? I know the denon receivers display Dolby atmos or Dolby hd. Gonna do a quick call to pioneer in the morning and if they can't fix, I am returning the receiver back to frys.

Ian B
I'm sure you'll get it to work. If the test tones have sound, then it's working. I have the Sony X800 HDR blu-ray player, and to get Atmos or bitstream, you have to go into to sound settings and set BD audio mix to off. Possibly your Samsung player has something similar.
Keep in mind, Atmos is good, but more subtle than when you first heard surround.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
590 , 7.1.4 , atmos , av receivers , jbl studio , Pioneer , pioneer receiver , pioneer sc-lx801 , receiver , sc lx 801 , sc lx 901

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page