Owner's Thread for Pioneer SC-LX701 / SC-801 / SC-LX901 Receviers - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1609Likes

post #61 of 1990 Old 12-13-2016, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorth12 View Post
I have the SC-LX701 and am very happy with it. Needed the 5 HDMI 2.2 inputs. It has the Onkyo's OSD now and offers more info than previous Pioneer receivers. I don't like that they eliminated the upscaling choices to where you could pick 1080i, 1080p, 4k 24hz, 4k 60hz, pure, or pass through. I think those are the resolutions? It was called video parameters on the remote. Now the only choice is auto or off. Better menus with better graphics and to me it sounds a little better than my SC-95 it replaced. But I'm definitely no audiophile. The other issue is when watching Directv in between changing channels or from shows to commercials there is a clicking sound. Sometimes it includes a very fast hesitation in the sound. I have smart sound on, so maybe that's causing it or when it changes sound fields? Not sure if a defect or normal? Just my two cents worth so far on the receiver. Over all though, good purchase for sure.
I just picked one up this weekend. After spending a few hours yesterday behind my setup untangling, binding, labeling, and eliminating cables I no longer need, I was able to hook up the new receiver. Even before running MCACC Pro, it sounded fuller than the Pioneer SC-1522 (essentially Elite 65) that it's replacing. The OSD set up and overall experience has come a long way in five years.

I noticed the clicking a lot, too. The sort that happens when switching sound modes or inputs. I don't remember if it occurred while watching TV (we have Comcast X1) but I noticed it when testing a Blu-ray. My only other concern at the moment is that the 701 doesn't seem to have the volume. Previously I'd set it to, say -14db for TV, -16 for Blu-ray and my Mac mini. The 701 needs to be around -4db for comparable TV and -6db for Blu-ray/Mac. I'm not one to crank things, but it seems even when I get in that rare mood I may be out of luck. I ran MCACC Pro to see if that might affect overall levels (I knew it wouldn't... but I crossed my fingers). No such luck, though it improved the sound again. I'll try tweaking it but can't begin to guess what I've overlooked. Did you notice a volume discrepancy compared to your 95?

I got an incredible open box deal at Magnolia so I can apply those savings towards maybe getting an amplifier (something I've tossed around for a while), but that's not in my budget for at least six months. Plus it's new territory for me. I'm knowledgeable enough to call myself an enthusiast but ignorant enough I can't call myself an audiophile.

I wish I'd had more time to fiddle but once I had the basics back in place, I needed to re-set up the old 1522 elsewhere, plus sort out Logitech Harmony programming issues. And researching solutions to make get the LAN-capable 1522 back on the network now that it isn't near the router. Then make both rooms habitable again. And then make enough time to eat and be human. We've only got a few days before company arrives... not to mention the latest addition to the family: a bouncing baby Oppo 203.

Pioneer Elite SC-LX701 Receiver | Oppo 203 4k Blu-Ray | Samsung 65JS850D UHDTV
PSB Imagine T2, C Centre & Imagine S Surround | SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer
Mac mini (2012) iTunes Server | Logitech Harmony Smart Control & Hub
Amazon Echo Dot | Samsung SmartThings Hub

Last edited by IronWaffle; 12-13-2016 at 04:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1990 Old 12-13-2016, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWaffle View Post
I just picked one up this weekend. After spending a few hours yesterday behind my setup untangling, binding, labeling, and eliminating cables I no longer need, I was able to hook up the new receiver. Even before running MCACC Pro, it sounded fuller than the Pioneer SC-1522 (essentially Elite 65) that it's replacing. The OSD set up and overall experience has come a long way in five years.

I noticed the clicking a lot, too. The sort that happens when switching sound modes or inputs. I don't remember if it occurred while watching TV (we have Comcast X1) but I noticed it when testing a Blu-ray. My only other concern at the moment is that the 701 doesn't seem to have the volume. Previously I'd set it to, say -14db for TV, -16 for Blu-ray and my Mac mini. The 701 needs to be around -4db for comparable TV and -6db for Blu-ray/Mac. I'm not one to crank things, but it seems even when I get in that rare mood I may be out of luck. I ran MCACC Pro to see if that might affect overall levels (I knew it wouldn't... but I crossed my fingers). No such luck, though it improved the sound again. I'll try tweaking it but can't begin to guess what I've overlooked. Did you notice a volume discrepancy compared to your 95?

I got an incredible open box deal at Magnolia so I can apply those savings towards maybe getting an amplifier (something I've tossed around for a while), but that's not in my budget for at least six months. Plus it's new territory for me. I'm knowledgeable enough to call myself an enthusiast but ignorant enough I can't call myself an audiophile.

I wish I'd had more time to fiddle but once I had the basics back in place, I needed to re-set up the old 1522 elsewhere, plus sort out Logitech Harmony programming issues. And researching solutions to make get the LAN-capable 1522 back on the network now that it isn't near the router. Then make both rooms habitable again. And then make enough time to eat and be human. We've only got a few days before company arrives... not to mention the latest addition to the family: a bouncing baby Oppo 203.
It seems like the MCAAC always sets the speakers and subs at negative numbers which causes you to have to turn up the volume. I always go in to the speaker channel levels (easy step to do in the Control 5 app on android or Apple) and turn everything up. When you do that you can go back to normal listening levels and get louder sound at the same numbers. Also if you use the Harmony remote and use the lx701 model number you can't assign all the individual inputs because the remote that comes with the receiver on has direct buttons for HDMI 1, 2 and 4. I picked the SC-97 and deleted what I didn't want but was able to have direct inputs for HDMI 5, 6 and 7. Still no direct input for HDMI 3 (Strm bx). I can't do an activity with my Roku Ultra because of it. Logitech needs to add a direct command for HDMI 3. I got an incredible open box deal myself at Magnolia.
IronWaffle likes this.

Last edited by cnorth12; 12-13-2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to write something
post #63 of 1990 Old 12-14-2016, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Hey guys - so I have a question here...

I just bought the 701, and so far, I like it.

When I feed a Dolby ATMOS Blue-ray to the unit via my oppo 103D, it does not seem to pick up the ATMOS track. I am running 5.1.2 with Def Tech 9080 series speakers all around, with the 9080X as the main towers. Everything appears to be configured correctly here.

The display never seems to show the high front speakers active, nor will it show ATMOS on the display and I am not sure how to correct this? I do have the oppo configured for bitstream out. DTS and DD is fine, but no ATMOS.

Can you guys share any thoughts or ideas? Other than this issue, the 701 works very well.

Thanks! Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 1990 Old 12-14-2016, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
It seems like the MCAAC always sets the speakers and subs at negative numbers which causes you to have to turn up the volume. I always go in to the speaker channel levels (easy step to do in the Control 5 app on android or Apple) and turn everything up. When you do that you can go back to normal listening levels and get louder sound at the same numbers. Also if you use the Harmony remote and use the lx701 model number you can't assign all the individual inputs because the remote that comes with the receiver on has direct buttons for HDMI 1, 2 and 4. I picked the SC-97 and deleted what I didn't want but was able to have direct inputs for HDMI 5, 6 and 7. Still no direct input for HDMI 3 (Strm bx). I can't do an activity with my Roku Ultra because of it. Logitech needs to add a direct command for HDMI 3. I got an incredible open box deal myself at Magnolia.
Thanks muchly for the speaker level tip! Couldn't figure out in the app but was able to do it through the GUI. I've made some slight adjustments and will continue to until it's seasoned to my taste. Your post crossed off my only hesitation about this upgrade.

Good to know on the Harmony.

Remote-wise, the basics are covered so I don't mind if it takes some time to iron out the rest. At various times I've had inconsistently repeatable errors. Next week I may start from scratch once my sudden, current upgrade cycle is over.

Re: Harmony... I do wish there was more customizability in arranging the remote buttons in the app. Very messy. And since my remote isn't backlit that makes the app a little more important. Ah well. This is a luxurious problem to have.

I wrote much more detail but it went into loopy system-specific stuff but suffice it to say that I also had HDMI issues... but for me it was HDMI 4. My current solution is to use the Samsung UHD TV's mini HDMI hub for most inputs instead of the AVR. The only exceptions will be audio (Oppo 203 via HDMI in AVR and Mac via Optical).

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRay View Post
Hey guys - so I have a question here...

I just bought the 701, and so far, I like it.

When I feed a Dolby ATMOS Blue-ray to the unit via my oppo 103D, it does not seem to pick up the ATMOS track. I am running 5.1.2 with Def Tech 9080 series speakers all around, with the 9080X as the main towers. Everything appears to be configured correctly here.

The display never seems to show the high front speakers active, nor will it show ATMOS on the display and I am not sure how to correct this? I do have the oppo configured for bitstream out. DTS and DD is fine, but no ATMOS.

Can you guys share any thoughts or ideas? Other than this issue, the 701 works very well.

Thanks! Ray
That's strange. Since I only have a 7.1 set up I'm not sure I can help much, but I did notice that when running Full MCACC that you have to scroll to which speaker configuration you want. You may not have missed that detail, but I did the first time I ran it. Wish I could offer a more substantial thought but I'm sure others will have better actionable advice.

Strange how quiet this thread is. *cough*Onkyo*cough* may have dampened Pioneer's appeal? I almost picked up the Denon 3300, which Magnolia was pushing pretty hard. Lots of activity here for that unit.

Pioneer Elite SC-LX701 Receiver | Oppo 203 4k Blu-Ray | Samsung 65JS850D UHDTV
PSB Imagine T2, C Centre & Imagine S Surround | SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer
Mac mini (2012) iTunes Server | Logitech Harmony Smart Control & Hub
Amazon Echo Dot | Samsung SmartThings Hub
post #65 of 1990 Old 12-14-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWaffle View Post
Thanks muchly for the speaker level tip! Couldn't figure out in the app but was able to do it through the GUI. I've made some slight adjustments and will continue to until it's seasoned to my taste. Your post crossed off my only hesitation about this upgrade.

Good to know on the Harmony.

Remote-wise, the basics are covered so I don't mind if it takes some time to iron out the rest. At various times I've had inconsistently repeatable errors. Next week I may start from scratch once my sudden, current upgrade cycle is over.

Re: Harmony... I do wish there was more customizability in arranging the remote buttons in the app. Very messy. And since my remote isn't backlit that makes the app a little more important. Ah well. This is a luxurious problem to have.

I wrote much more detail but it went into loopy system-specific stuff but suffice it to say that I also had HDMI issues... but for me it was HDMI 4. My current solution is to use the Samsung UHD TV's mini HDMI hub for most inputs instead of the AVR. The only exceptions will be audio (Oppo 203 via HDMI in AVR and Mac via Optical).

Spoiler!

That's strange. Since I only have a 7.1 set up I'm not sure I can help much, but I did notice that when running Full MCACC that you have to scroll to which speaker configuration you want. You may not have missed that detail, but I did the first time I ran it. Wish I could offer a more substantial thought but I'm sure others will have better actionable advice.

Strange how quiet this thread is. *cough*Onkyo*cough* may have dampened Pioneer's appeal? I almost picked up the Denon 3300, which Magnolia was pushing pretty hard. Lots of activity here for that unit.

Thanks for the reply. I'm set correctly. Really strange.

My test disc is Terminator Genesis and it clearly states ATMOS. I'm using Direct mode.

Maybe someone has come across this and will chime in.

I'm within return period so I might exchange it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IronWaffle likes this.
post #66 of 1990 Old 12-14-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRay View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm set correctly. Really strange.

My test disc is Terminator Genesis and it clearly states ATMOS. I'm using Direct mode.

Maybe someone has come across this and will chime in.

I'm within return period so I might exchange it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not be remembering correctly, but when I watched something that had an Atmos soundtrack the receiver doesn't display it on the receiver. If you hit the status button on the remote the on screen display will show the info you're looking for. Press it once for audio info and once again for the video info. The older Pioneer receivers would show Atmos on the receiver, but not this year's models.
post #67 of 1990 Old 12-14-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I may not be remembering correctly, but when I watched something that had an Atmos soundtrack the receiver doesn't display it on the receiver. If you hit the status button on the remote the on screen display will show the info you're looking for. Press it once for audio info and once again for the video info. The older Pioneer receivers would show Atmos on the receiver, but not this year's models.
Thanks - do you remember how many "speakers" were lit up in the display? I see 5 and I am using Direct Mode. I'll check the status button.
post #68 of 1990 Old 12-15-2016, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
I have an older Pioneer Receiver, and I use a Harmony remote as well. What I did in order to switch to those HDMI ports that don't have a direct button, in the software, in the activity, have the remote turn the receiver to the closest HDMI input, then setup/add a step for it to go to the next input. I had to do this with some of my devices. Since Pioneer puts in a button to go to the 'Next Input', you can have it go to an HDMI input, and then give it a second, and then have it automatically change to the next input. I know it can be a pain, but once it's all setup, it's really nice.

I've been debating on upgrading my receiver to the 701 or the 801. I know there's not much difference, but I wonder if the 801 will sound better or the same. Currently with my TV upgrade, I'm holding off for a bit, might wait until next year, unless I'm able to get a few hundred for the receiver I have.

Also, when it comes to the volume, I remember on my old receiver, and also on my Dad's VSX-90, there is a setting that you have to turn on in order for it to really be loud at -20. I think on the newer VSX-90 it was easier to find in the pioneer app on the phone. The option is called S.RTRV. By default in older models it's turned off. I'm guessing it's still that way.
cnorth12 likes this.

Current: Sony XBR-65Z9D / Pioneer VSX-LX302 / Sony UBP-X700 / Sony BDP-S5100
Bedroom: Samsung UN40F6300
Previous: Sony
XBR-65X930D / Samsung UN55ES7500 / Samsung UN46B7100 /
Samsung UBD-K8500
post #69 of 1990 Old 12-15-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackBoy View Post
I have an older Pioneer Receiver, and I use a Harmony remote as well. What I did in order to switch to those HDMI ports that don't have a direct button, in the software, in the activity, have the remote turn the receiver to the closest HDMI input, then setup/add a step for it to go to the next input. I had to do this with some of my devices. Since Pioneer puts in a button to go to the 'Next Input', you can have it go to an HDMI input, and then give it a second, and then have it automatically change to the next input. I know it can be a pain, but once it's all setup, it's really nice.

I've been debating on upgrading my receiver to the 701 or the 801. I know there's not much difference, but I wonder if the 801 will sound better or the same. Currently with my TV upgrade, I'm holding off for a bit, might wait until next year, unless I'm able to get a few hundred for the receiver I have.

Also, when it comes to the volume, I remember on my old receiver, and also on my Dad's VSX-90, there is a setting that you have to turn on in order for it to really be loud at -20. I think on the newer VSX-90 it was easier to find in the pioneer app on the phone. The option is called S.RTRV. By default in older models it's turned off. I'm guessing it's still that way.
I was going to use the same strategy with the harmony remote by picking the closet input and then having it go to next input, but for some reason when I try to add that command it's not an option in the drop down list of commands? Maybe because I used the SC-97 as my model number instead of the actual LX701? Back to the drawing board I guess. It only applies to my Roku activity which I really don't use enough to really be a bother in including it in an activity. Right now I just hit play PS4 and manually choose next input on the remote. Thanks for the info.
post #70 of 1990 Old 12-17-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
The other issue is when watching Directv in between changing channels or from shows to commercials there is a clicking sound. Sometimes it includes a very fast hesitation in the sound. I have smart sound on, so maybe that's causing it or when it changes sound fields? Not sure if a defect or normal?
I have not found anything to confirm this, but I think this clicking sound is the receiver switching off the amplifiers that are not being used with the current surround setting. My theory is that it is some type of power saving thing when the receiver is set to Auto Surround mode.

When I watch TV, I set the receiver to Dolby Surround and it then up mixes the 5.1 DD to a constant 7.1 DD output and the clicking goes away.
IronWaffle and cnorth12 like this.
post #71 of 1990 Old 12-23-2016, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have been living with the 701 for about a month or so now and have played with MCACC many many times. Brand new out of the box is not how you want to view the sound of these newer class d amps when listening to music. Out of the box for me anyways, they are hard, shrill, sterile and they ring which surprised me after running MCACC a few times and adjusting manually. Now I'm on the fence about these class d amps they use. If you have patience the amps start to become less excited and just overall more clear. Bass is really fast and detailed with excellent control of the drivers. I also think the Sabre dacs used are very good and the overall sound is less veiled than the Onkyo TX-NR906 I was using until it started to have issues. The older Onkyo is more warm but less detailed and clear. There is better separation between instruments and a blacker background when playing music with the LX701. This is after a lot of tinkering within a month however. MCACC can only do so much for hard reflections in a room. It helps correct a bit and really helps with reverb but nothing compares to a well treated room to begin with. I like the direction Pioneer is going with these amps and I wouldn't want them to go and change some parts just to add warmth while killing the clarity in the mid-range they have right now, but if you are not willing to give time and effort to dial in the eq then look elsewhere. Most will want to error on the warmer side right out of the box and not worry about more detail and midrange clarity. Right out of the box however and first pass on MCACC, movies were excellent with minor adjustments here and there.
Running this with Sony 65 Z9D, Oppo 83SE modded (dead now), Denon 5910 modded, Vapor Cirrus monitors, two JL Audio F-113's.
post #72 of 1990 Old 12-23-2016, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am running external amp for my fronts, it appears my surround rears also need to be externally amplified for me to run full 7.2.4 . I am using an lx701 and there is no full manual online for this product yet. Also there is none for the corresponding onkyo. Finally none of my multichannel flac or dsd file will play via USB or network. I cannot get a list of supported files. Can anyone shed light on either of these two issues.
post #73 of 1990 Old 12-23-2016, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredes76 View Post
I am running external amp for my fronts, it appears my surround rears also need to be externally amplified for me to run full 7.2.4 . I am using an lx701 and there is no full manual online for this product yet. Also there is none for the corresponding onkyo. Finally none of my multichannel flac or dsd file will play via USB or network. I cannot get a list of supported files. Can anyone shed light on either of these two issues.
The only online manual I have found is the one where you take the QR reader and read the code on the front of the paper manual that came with the unit. It shows the supported files under playback function.
post #74 of 1990 Old 01-01-2017, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rno63 View Post
The only online manual I have found is the one where you take the QR reader and read the code on the front of the paper manual that came with the unit. It shows the supported files under playback function.
Tried to upload the Advanced manual, but it exceeds the AVS max file size. Go to this link.

http://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/ma.../en/index.html

Just got the LX701 4 days ago, and so far the 2 movies I've watched after one MCACC had a noticed improvement from my Pioneer SC25.
Still working out the bugs like Zone 2 usage...
Will check back with findings and questions.
post #75 of 1990 Old 01-01-2017, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have had my LX701 for a few weeks and absolutely love it. I have a quick question about 4k pass through. I have a PS4 Pro connected through the LX701 and when I check the PS4 video screen it says 2k and the TV is unsupportive of 4k? I am using Audio quest Cinnamon HDMI cable which is correct and the Sony z9d which is 4k. I have read in other threads that I might need to turn on 4k on the LX701? Has anyone heard of that and if so how do I get it to decode the 4k from my PS4 Pro? Thanks
post #76 of 1990 Old 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokaoi05 View Post
I have had my LX701 for a few weeks and absolutely love it. I have a quick question about 4k pass through. I have a PS4 Pro connected through the LX701 and when I check the PS4 video screen it says 2k and the TV is unsupportive of 4k? I am using Audio quest Cinnamon HDMI cable which is correct and the Sony z9d which is 4k. I have read in other threads that I might need to turn on 4k on the LX701? Has anyone heard of that and if so how do I get it to decode the 4k from my PS4 Pro? Thanks
The 4K pass though will send HDR content to a HDR screen.
Plus, the LX701 will upscale lower formats (1080P) to 4K to a 4K screen. Therefore, you can pass the signal of a PS4 Pro through the LX701, but it still depends on the screen to take advantage of the 4K.
post #77 of 1990 Old 01-01-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
The 4K pass though will send HDR content to a HDR screen.
Plus, the LX701 will upscale lower formats (1080P) to 4K to a 4K screen. Therefore, you can pass the signal of a PS4 Pro through the LX701, but it still depends on the screen to take advantage of the 4K.
When I go to my settings in the PS4 it says its currently displaying 2k and 4k is not supported by my TV. The PS4 auto detect screen isn't properly recognizing my receivers 4K resolution and I have the Sony z9d TV which is 4k? Not sure how I know if its displaying 4k or not because I am going through my LX701 receiver?
post #78 of 1990 Old 01-02-2017, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

I have an LX801 (love it!!!) and a 75ZD9. Connect the LX701 to HDMI 2 or 3 on your Z9D. Then set these HDMI inputs to "enhanced" mode on the TV. This can be done from the tv's settings menu.
Additionally, as the tv has a better up-scaling than the LX701, I would suggest the video features of the LX be set to off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sony KD-75ZD9
Pioneer SC-LX801
Dynaudio Excite X32 x2, X16 x2, X22, IW17 x2, SUB300
Oppo UDP-203
HTPC (i7, nvidia GTX1060 12gb, Kodi)
post #79 of 1990 Old 01-02-2017, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

You can also try hooking up your PS4 directly to your tv to see what the PS then states. If OK for 4K, then you know some adjustments are necessary on LX.
post #80 of 1990 Old 01-02-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boirathor View Post
I have an LX801 (love it!!!) and a 75ZD9. Connect the LX701 to HDMI 2 or 3 on your Z9D. Then set these HDMI inputs to "enhanced" mode on the TV. This can be done from the tv's settings menu.
Additionally, as the tv has a better up-scaling than the LX701, I would suggest the video features of the LX be set to off.

Ok thank you for the advice
post #81 of 1990 Old 01-02-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
You can also try hooking up your PS4 directly to your tv to see what the PS then states. If OK for 4K, then you know some adjustments are necessary on LX.
Good idea I will try that
post #82 of 1990 Old 01-02-2017, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Really considering looking into the SCLX901 now that its dropped significantly from the MSRP:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-...?skuId=5454100

Thats a nice savings, but I'm wondering if something new is coming soon and Bestbuy is trying to get rid of the overstock. Any ideas??
post #83 of 1990 Old 01-03-2017, 04:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 719
If you contact an authorized pioneer dealer via phone they will probably sell even lower than that.

IMO that price is still way too high for a receiver.
post #84 of 1990 Old 01-04-2017, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everybody!

I'm the owner of the receiver Pioneer SC-LX901 and can't find method to hard reset of this receiver. In previous models it was done buttons Enter+ Standby/On. Please help me.
post #85 of 1990 Old 01-04-2017, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Grechanyy View Post
Hello everybody!

I'm the owner of the receiver Pioneer SC-LX901 and can't find method to hard reset of this receiver. In previous models it was done buttons Enter+ Standby/On. Please help me.
For the 701/801 the Basic owners manual states:
1. While holding down AUTO/DIRECT on the main unit,
press Í STANDBY/ON on the main unit.
2. "Clear" appears on the display and the unit returns to
standby. Do not unplug the power cord until "Clear"
disappears from the display.

Not sure if thats the same for the 901, but can't see why not.
post #86 of 1990 Old 01-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
For the 701/801 the Basic owners manual states:
1. While holding down AUTO/DIRECT on the main unit,
press Í STANDBY/ON on the main unit.
2. "Clear" appears on the display and the unit returns to
standby. Do not unplug the power cord until "Clear"
disappears from the display.

Not sure if thats the same for the 901, but can't see why not.
More thanks!
post #87 of 1990 Old 01-04-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Ok that was the problem. I had the receiver HDMI going to slot 1 on the z9d which was wrong. Thanks for the help. How do I turn the video off on my receiver? I have not seen that in the settings but I guess I need to look harder.
post #88 of 1990 Old 01-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Ok that was the problem. I had the receiver HDMI going to slot 1 on the z9d which was wrong. Thanks for the help. How do I turn the video off on my receiver? I have not seen that in the settings but I guess I need to look harder.

From Pioneer's LX home menu: System Setup --> Input/Output Assign --> TV Out/OSD --> 1080p-4K Upscaling: leave it OFF (default value).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sony KD-75ZD9
Pioneer SC-LX801
Dynaudio Excite X32 x2, X16 x2, X22, IW17 x2, SUB300
Oppo UDP-203
HTPC (i7, nvidia GTX1060 12gb, Kodi)
post #89 of 1990 Old 01-11-2017, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Finally got to swap out my yamaha 3010 with my lx801. Havent had time to play much or run eq but it already sounds much better. So much so that my wife (who doesnt see much difference between dvd an bluray.... Yes one of those) is the one who said it out loud.

One thing I did find in the menu is preout mode. It will shut off internal amps when using preouts. One click when fronts, next click did fronts and center which is as far as I went as Im using an acurus a200 and parasound hca1000 on my front stage.

On a side not ive used the same amps on an onkyo 1007 then the yamaha and now this pio, and the onkyo and pio sound much better than yamaha. I wonder know if the the lacluster performance from the 3010 is due to then having the weakest preouts of the bunch. I never tried taking the amps out for testing.
Rogozhin likes this.
post #90 of 1990 Old 01-12-2017, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah to change to enhanced on your Z9D ...go to home>settings>external inputs>hdmi signal format>select enhanced, I might be late and you have this figured out ...also the Z9D only has hdmi ports 2 and 3 as hdmi 2.0+ so those would be the ones you use for hdr and Dolby Vision when we get an updated firmware, unless Dolby Vision might be on another port ...hope my LX901 passes through Dolby Vision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
590 , 7.1.4 , atmos , av receivers , jbl studio , Pioneer , pioneer receiver , pioneer sc-lx801 , receiver , sc lx 801 , sc lx 901

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page