I'm having issues with my 901 AVR keeping its settings with a/v signal pass-thru when the unit is turned off. It was keeping the setting for a short time when the unit was new, but now it will only pass the signal through some of the time after you've turned on the receiver. When the signal does successfully go through, I do get the benefits of the upscaling. But it's gone if I turn the AVR off.
- I've tried many different settings but none of them seem to work either all or most of the time.
- The problem persists if I set the CES to ON or OFF (AVR and TV).
- HDMI inputs on the TV make no difference either; ARC or not
- I have the "pass-thru" in settings ON.
- If I am able to get the signal through to the TV, after awhile at times the audio drops out on the TV. I change a channel or two on Sat, the audio will return.
- If I bypass the AVR completely (no connections), all works perfectly.
- I've ran through the basic manual, advanced manual and Pioneer web site troubleshooting, but no luck. My emails to Pioneer support go unanswered.
- I've gone through the "initial set up" numerous times; settings stay only temporary.
- I've done both soft and hard resets, the change is only temporary.
I'm not sure if I'm just not doing something right, if there's a setting I'm not aware of or if there's an internal problem.
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.