The Official Rotel RAP-1580 Amplified Processor Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #391 of 410 Old 03-01-2019, 06:25 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Germany near Munich
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I get the Information from my German Rotel B&W Support does DIRAC comes end of 2019...
But at the moment it is not clear, that you can do an Upgrade with your existing Rotel 1580 1576 or a new ROTEL RAP 1580 MKII comes to the market...

so we have to wait and look forward... I hope for an Upgrade Kit for the Rotel...but I think it will cost a lot of money...

Pulsanschlag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 410 Old 03-05-2019, 11:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Guys,

There is a v2 of the RAP-1580 coming out later that will have Dirac built-in. There is talk about updating the existing RAP-1580 with a firmware upgrade. However, we won’t know much more until June with a possible September/October update (if it comes).
gakbw is offline  
post #393 of 410 Old 03-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Member
 
PGriff1051's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakbw View Post
Hello Guys,

There is a v2 of the RAP-1580 coming out later that will have Dirac built-in. There is talk about updating the existing RAP-1580 with a firmware upgrade. However, we won’t know much more until June with a possible September/October update (if it comes).
Thanks for the info. Heard anything on the existing 1576 pre/pro?
PGriff1051 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #394 of 410 Old 03-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGriff1051 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakbw View Post
Hello Guys,

There is a v2 of the RAP-1580 coming out later that will have Dirac built-in. There is talk about updating the existing RAP-1580 with a firmware upgrade. However, we won’t know much more until June with a possible September/October update (if it comes).
Thanks for the info. Heard anything on the existing 1576 pre/pro?
No information for other models until coming June.
gakbw is offline  
post #395 of 410 Old 03-17-2019, 08:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I purchased the RAP-1580 in October of 2018. Connections and installation were verified by merchant technician. I’m having a problem getting a signal to my Bowers & Wilkins AWS10CM subwoofer. Anyone out there experience this issue? When performing the speaker level setup test, I get no response through the sub.
Rickyacky is offline  
post #396 of 410 Old 03-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hello every one, I got my RAP back a couple of days ago. I am not someone who just trolls and such. But this post will be pretty negative. I have sent my RAP in two times for repairs now, that isn't even counting me taking the first one back because of 4k issues only to find the second one had the exact issues . So i had the second unit for a while and around the holiday season the RAP quit producing sound from any source at all. I contacted support and ended up sending it in for repairs. Ok so it came back around 3 weeks or so from that first repair. So I was pretty happy to have it back I go and hook it up and it all worked fine for the day i hooked it up. But when i woke up the next day to use it it wouldn't produce any sound yet again. So at this point i was pretty surprised and getting upset as well. So i reach out to them and explain things and i end up sending my RAP in for repairs for a second time now. This time the repair took considerably longer. Note to anyone sending there unit in do not rely on there support update page it is not accurate at all.. You put in your repair order and a zip code and then it gives you a progress of your repair. I would bet dollars to donuts if i were to look at my repair on there it would tell me my estimate has not been made yet. This was a bit of an issue due to the fact i was on travels when it was due to arrive. The one inside track i had to get it delivered safely was the fact I am a ups driver and got ahold of the driver to put it inside my garage. I understand that in most cases it isn't an issue but don't give an update site if it doesn't provide any proper update. Ok so i hooked up my RAP yesterday I roughed it in because i am having back issues. So i don't have a lot of energy to be moving stuff and such all over. Well i hooked it up and such and it seemed to work ok yesterday . today i was trying to use the arc and hdmi to transmit the direct tv to my tv. I noticed my firmware was the 1.88 version and in the 2.0 version i can have the video signal trigger the RAP to turn on . So i went to do a firm ware update. This is where the unit starts to go to crap. The RAP wouldn't recognize any thumb drive. So i then tried to connect it to the internet into first the back of my wifi router. That didn't work so then i tried to connect it directly into the switch that didn't work either. So now we are at a stalemate since the unit won't recognize either the front usb or the internet. I am stuck. Along the way today i noticed some odd behavior out of the RAP the TFT screen messages didn't align with the tv monitor . So the TFT screen would show say the searching for usb but on the tv would show a totally different menu option in the RAP . Also along the way of navigating the setup menu systems in the RAP a couple of times the whole RAP would power down when navigating using the enter button . that happened twice so far. One time it just reset the whole darn thing all of the setting went to some random set of settings. The rapid they completed on it this time was to replace a controller board inside. The first repair all they did was a firmware update. I am not so sure what the heck is going on . All I can say is this RAP is the biggest headache i have ever owned!! I see everyone is excited at the prospects of a 2.0 version to me they should not of put the first unit on the market as it hasn't worked properly since i got it. I am writing this while i am in the moment of frustration so the writing sucks to be sure. I just wanted to get it out there that this RAP is just something you should consider options and get an extra warranty because i just don't like the odds your unit will work properly. Good luck to all who are considering or already own this unit.
robphx is offline  
post #397 of 410 Old 03-22-2019, 07:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello, I'm new to the forum, I live in Buenos Aires and I just bought the equipment. Someone could upload photos of how they configured the Parametric EQ. Thanks.
nes1273 is offline  
post #398 of 410 Old 03-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Robphx,
We are sorry to hear about your RAP still having issues! Actually if you talk to them they will send you re-certified RAP-1580, Please send email to [email protected] and request for re-certified unit. And our units working flawlessly since from 2.5 years.
gakbw is offline  
post #399 of 410 Old 04-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 4
So I have had my RAP back for a little bit now. And the RAP is now having front screen issues . It either goes into this white screen with some lines in it when you first fire it up. It has also developed this rather randomly as you using it. I generally keep the screen off on the RAP when I am using it but it now just decides to "freak out " on it own and produces a white screen with lines in it rather randomly. we were watching tv for a while and then it just went and lit up. Yeah it goes away if you do a power cycle but who the heck is spending this amount of money to experience these kinds of issues. I have had mine pretty much since they hit the market. I in hind sight regret this purchase. I have sent my unit back for repairs twice now. I returned the original unit in the very beginning as well. The RAP wouldn't pass 4k so I returned it and well the second one wouldn't pass it either. So my head aches with this RAP are long and it is very unfortunate because I had such high hopes and thought when I brought this piece home I would love it and enjoy it for many many years like my previous Rotes receiver . But this RAP is the most buggy piece of equipment I have ever owned. I have sent countless emails to the support team. I must say I don't get any satisfaction by posting my experience with this RAP. I guess I am posting this for anyone looking to buy this RAP to look around and see what everyone is saying about it and they can make an educated decision on there own. I personally wish I would of gone a different rout now but I am now stuck. By the way when the RAP came back the second time it finally would pass 4K. Wait for it though, the ARC I just could not get it to function with my Samsung . So that isn't the biggest issue but still kind of disappointing I just use the optical portion. Also when we use the dvr now and we are either fast forwarding pausing or it comes to an end I get buzzing clicks and pops. So I am not sure what the heck is going on there but another issue to worry about rather than just sitting back and enjoying the darn thing. I am just a blue collar guy so I am not out to profess knowledge on the internal workings or specs I am just giving my real world experience with my RAP. I have owned a Rotel RSX 1065 for a very long time and it has worked flawlessly the entire time I owned it. My speakers are B&W CDM9 series, and they still work great after all of these years. So you can see I have brand loyalty. So I was very excited the day I went to purchase my RAP . Fast forward to today and all of that fun and excitement has left me wishing I had never spent nearly 4 thousand dollars on a piece that has given me so many head aches. Well as I sit today I am awaiting communication from the B&W support team. The said they were passing my case to a manager or something. It has been a few days since I got that email. I am not sure exactly when or if I will hear back . I will post again when I hear back from the crew at B&W support. I know my writing sucks I never got paid to be a writer I just mash it out. I hope my point got across though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5816.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	379.4 KB
ID:	2549722  
robphx is offline  
post #400 of 410 Old 04-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Well I got a response this morning from the support team. I have to send it in for repairs again. So this is the third time I will be boxing it up and sending it in for repairs. The front display keeps going white. I am not holding my breath any more for this piece actually working properly. I guess they are going to attempt another fix. Now I have to go spend even more money on a box to send it back once again. I am so disappointed with this piece I can't even express it properly. pretty much 4 grand wasted at this point. I will post again when it comes back in a few weeks. Yeah it takes weeks to get this thing too and from only to have it not work each time. The phrase "Good grief Charlie Brown" comes to mind when I think about dealing with the RAP1580 ....UGH!!
robphx is offline  
post #401 of 410 Old 04-11-2019, 02:06 PM
Member
 
swajames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Best of luck, Rob.

For what it's worth, I too had a lot of frustration with my first unit, it had glitches including inexplicable random reboots and a fair few other issues.

The unit was replaced by Rotel, and the new one (with the latest software) has been flawless since then.

Hoping you get a good one this time around.



Oppo UDP-205 | Linn LP12 with Lingo 3 | Rotel RAP-1580 | ProAc D30RS
swajames is offline  
post #402 of 410 Old 04-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
dudley07726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SWFL
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by robphx View Post
Well I got a response this morning from the support team. I have to send it in for repairs again. So this is the third time I will be boxing it up and sending it in for repairs. The front display keeps going white. I am not holding my breath any more for this piece actually working properly. I guess they are going to attempt another fix. Now I have to go spend even more money on a box to send it back once again. I am so disappointed with this piece I can't even express it properly. pretty much 4 grand wasted at this point. I will post again when it comes back in a few weeks. Yeah it takes weeks to get this thing too and from only to have it not work each time. The phrase "Good grief Charlie Brown" comes to mind when I think about dealing with the RAP1580 ....UGH!!
Have they not been reimbursing you for shipping?
dudley07726 is offline  
post #403 of 410 Old 04-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by swajames View Post
Best of luck, Rob.

For what it's worth, I too had a lot of frustration with my first unit, it had glitches including inexplicable random reboots and a fair few other issues.

The unit was replaced by Rotel, and the new one (with the latest software) has been flawless since then.

Hoping you get a good one this time around.
I hope to god this is the last time I am going to have to send it in for repairs. I am also concerned that your initial unit also had problems. I understand nothing manufactured in bulk will be perfect, but I guess since I am in the middle of having one with issues maybe everything seems magnified in a negative way. I seriously just want to be done dealing with it and just sitting back and enjoying everything. May I ask how many times you had to send your unit in for repairs prior to having it replaced? I would like to address the question on if they reimbursed me for shipping. In a way they did cover the bulk of the cost, but I had to buy two boxes so far and now I will need a third to send it back once again. A proper box with enough strength to properly contain the RAP are priced very high to a consumer. I get I might be paying more but who wants to spend all day looking for a double wall box large enough to ship this piece. The last box I got was nearly 50 bucks the one prior was slightly cheaper it was also slightly smaller. So when I refer to the cost of sending back and forth that is what I am referring too. I held onto the soft pack from the return shipments so that has helped reduce some of the cost.

Off topic question to you and anyone else, were you all able to get the ARC to work? I couldn't get it to work with my 2017 Samsung 9 series tv. What was weird was the fact I could hear the sounds the tv makes when you move the curser around. I on the other hand could not get any sound from the actual content being broadcast. I was and I guess kind of annoyed by this but by no means was I hanging my hat on the ARC. I just thought it would be easy and such but it was not again kind of par for the course I have been traveling with this RAP. The latest return on the RAP did produce 4K pass through. I am not sure if that was a RAP fix or the fact I upgraded my Direct tv to the GENIE 2 . The mini 4K box though on the outside looked like the one it replaced. I am not a spec driven person nor do I get into the weeds of hi fi discussions. I am and always have been an enthusiast with hi fi . In the Phoenix area we have a salon that has some of the super exotic stuff. It is a super cool place to go see and witness some of the products you most likely will only see in the magazines. Well crap I kind of drifted off there lol . Well I hope that all who one the RAP are trouble free and are just enjoying it, it sucks to have to keep dealing with it. have a great day to all.
robphx is offline  
post #404 of 410 Old 04-14-2019, 07:15 PM
Member
 
swajames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robphx View Post
I hope to god this is the last time I am going to have to send it in for repairs. I am also concerned that your initial unit also had problems. I understand nothing manufactured in bulk will be perfect, but I guess since I am in the middle of having one with issues maybe everything seems magnified in a negative way. I seriously just want to be done dealing with it and just sitting back and enjoying everything. May I ask how many times you had to send your unit in for repairs prior to having it replaced? I would like to address the question on if they reimbursed me for shipping. In a way they did cover the bulk of the cost, but I had to buy two boxes so far and now I will need a third to send it back once again. A proper box with enough strength to properly contain the RAP are priced very high to a consumer. I get I might be paying more but who wants to spend all day looking for a double wall box large enough to ship this piece. The last box I got was nearly 50 bucks the one prior was slightly cheaper it was also slightly smaller. So when I refer to the cost of sending back and forth that is what I am referring too. I held onto the soft pack from the return shipments so that has helped reduce some of the cost.

Off topic question to you and anyone else, were you all able to get the ARC to work? I couldn't get it to work with my 2017 Samsung 9 series tv. What was weird was the fact I could hear the sounds the tv makes when you move the curser around. I on the other hand could not get any sound from the actual content being broadcast. I was and I guess kind of annoyed by this but by no means was I hanging my hat on the ARC. I just thought it would be easy and such but it was not again kind of par for the course I have been traveling with this RAP. The latest return on the RAP did produce 4K pass through. I am not sure if that was a RAP fix or the fact I upgraded my Direct tv to the GENIE 2 . The mini 4K box though on the outside looked like the one it replaced. I am not a spec driven person nor do I get into the weeds of hi fi discussions. I am and always have been an enthusiast with hi fi . In the Phoenix area we have a salon that has some of the super exotic stuff. It is a super cool place to go see and witness some of the products you most likely will only see in the magazines. Well crap I kind of drifted off there lol . Well I hope that all who one the RAP are trouble free and are just enjoying it, it sucks to have to keep dealing with it. have a great day to all.
I was very lucky in that the dealer (actually my local Magnolia) was very gracious and stood up to take care of me. When my first unit was glitchy, we wondered if a software update would remediate the issues. They massively extended my return window to give time to get the latest firmware from B&W/Rotel, and when that delivered improvements but did not fully resolve the issues they got me a replacement unit and took my old one back.



Oppo UDP-205 | Linn LP12 with Lingo 3 | Rotel RAP-1580 | ProAc D30RS
swajames is offline  
post #405 of 410 Old 04-18-2019, 11:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by swajames View Post
I was very lucky in that the dealer (actually my local Magnolia) was very gracious and stood up to take care of me. When my first unit was glitchy, we wondered if a software update would remediate the issues. They massively extended my return window to give time to get the latest firmware from B&W/Rotel, and when that delivered improvements but did not fully resolve the issues they got me a replacement unit and took my old one back.
Hey James,
Funny thing is my Magnolia shop was excellent as well. I am really on my second unit. Thy replaced my original purchase. Since we had been uprgraded to some upper tier in the Best Buy rewards system my return was a bit longer than the usual term. Magnolia also along the way gave me an HDMI correction box I think the retail price on it was around $225 they just gave me this box in hopes it would fix the issue. I couldn't get it to correct the issue. I went through all of this in the very beginning of my ownership of the RAP. I recall buying super expensive HDMI cables as well in hopes t remade the 4k issues I had with the RAP. I had to take the cables back, as they didn't solve the issue. I swear the Magnolia team where I live is fantastic, I am even going to take my boxed up RAP to there store so they can give it to there UPS pick up. I am not yet sure when I can box my RAP up as my back is all messed up. I have a sciatic nerve issue going on and lifting that kind of weight is not allowed right now. maybe I can get some help lifting it up this weekend. So my RAP is to go back for repairs a third time, they say if this doesn't work they are going to issue a reconditioned unit. I am not super thrilled with the thought of a unit some also had issues with. It kind of tests me because I really don't have a whole lot of confidence in that approach to rectify the situation. I mean a this point I don't have much faith its ever going to work properly. I mean I have been dealing with this for a really long time.. Well I hope you are having a better experience than myself..
swajames likes this.
robphx is offline  
post #406 of 410 Old 05-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,
I have chosen Rotel RAP 1580 processor settings for 5.1.4. Based on my speaker layout.

I found that the 1580 did not steer the rear surround channels to the side surround channels, as it should when configured for a 5.1.x system with no rear surround speakers. This occurred regardless of selected sound field with multi channel PCM and bitstream 5.1 and 7.1 signals. It evidenced itself as a “hole” in the rear when reproducing sounds that should pan around the room. For instance, in The Dark Knight, chapter 20 when the Joker sprays bullets from a machine pistol, where the bullet impact sounds should normally start at one side of the room and pan across the rear to the other side, they were audible only at the sides but faded dramatically in the middle.

Anybody having similar issue?
gakbw is offline  
post #407 of 410 Old 05-11-2019, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muad'dib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,348
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakbw View Post
Hello All,
I have chosen Rotel RAP 1580 processor settings for 5.1.4. Based on my speaker layout.

I found that the 1580 did not steer the rear surround channels to the side surround channels, as it should when configured for a 5.1.x system with no rear surround speakers. This occurred regardless of selected sound field with multi channel PCM and bitstream 5.1 and 7.1 signals. It evidenced itself as a “hole” in the rear when reproducing sounds that should pan around the room. For instance, in The Dark Knight, chapter 20 when the Joker sprays bullets from a machine pistol, where the bullet impact sounds should normally start at one side of the room and pan across the rear to the other side, they were audible only at the sides but faded dramatically in the middle.

Anybody having similar issue?
When I had the Rotel rsp 1576 for a very short period.. (due to many many bugs I found in firmware) I had lots of bugs with steering...

When I have time this weekend I'll post all the issue found as this model probably shares same firmware...

One big issue was bass levels.... If you used dolby surround let's say. The level was as much as 10db either to low or high... I have to check my notes...

I was really upset as overall sound quality of Rotel was amazing...

Arggggg

Last edited by muad'dib; 05-11-2019 at 10:33 AM.
muad'dib is online now  
post #408 of 410 Old 07-14-2019, 02:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Well I got my RAP back from repairs. I will start off with the positive part. I requested a specific return delivery date and my rep Tim nailed it. I want to give him props for that. Well that is about the only positive thing . I was sent a factory refurbished unit. I am not sure how refurbished it was to be honest. I say this because the video one input was still renamed to "Sony Tv" . I know when I got my RAP for the first time there were no headers like that in the memory. Ok yeah I know that really isn't a big deal. but the thing is well it has issues already. The TFT screen is all white. I even have the TFT screen set to off and HDMI only. So far I have not been able to get the screen to shut off and stop producing just a white screen. My power button just keeps flashing as well. I am able to listen to music from my Blusound Vault 2i . There is also one other thing I noticed when I unboxed this particular unit. The TFT screen housing, like the plastic it is surrounded with is not the black color of my original RAP. The plastic has a grayish green tint to it when I hit is with my flashlight ill try and attach a photo to illustrate this discoloration. I was kind of put off with this as soon as I unboxed it. I was going to set it up and see how it functioned, well so far it doesn't function very well either. I have sent my RAP back to the repair facitility 3 times already. This last time the repair tech said they were not able to replicate the issues I was sending it in for. I actually am kind of thinking he didn't even look at my old unit because it didn't produce sound any more. All one would have to do is plug it in and it wouldn't work. This is the most remarkable situation I have ever found myself in with it a piece of equipment. I will have to reach out to the rep and see what the heck to do about this . I just cannot believe it this thing is needing a 4th repair and this one is a different one altogether. My system is so simple I just don't get it I am so tired of dealing with this piece. I replugged my old RSX1065 back in while was waiting fro this to come back. Wow that unit is a work horse and works like a champ. The RSX doesn't have the new inputs and such but for watching tv and movies and music it does a really good job. I with I had never bought the RAP. What a nightmare!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8884.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	714.1 KB
ID:	2590724  
robphx is offline  
post #409 of 410 Old 07-21-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muad'dib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,348
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by robphx View Post
Well I got my RAP back from repairs. I will start off with the positive part. I requested a specific return delivery date and my rep Tim nailed it. I want to give him props for that. Well that is about the only positive thing . I was sent a factory refurbished unit. I am not sure how refurbished it was to be honest. I say this because the video one input was still renamed to "Sony Tv" . I know when I got my RAP for the first time there were no headers like that in the memory. Ok yeah I know that really isn't a big deal. but the thing is well it has issues already. The TFT screen is all white. I even have the TFT screen set to off and HDMI only. So far I have not been able to get the screen to shut off and stop producing just a white screen. My power button just keeps flashing as well. I am able to listen to music from my Blusound Vault 2i . There is also one other thing I noticed when I unboxed this particular unit. The TFT screen housing, like the plastic it is surrounded with is not the black color of my original RAP. The plastic has a grayish green tint to it when I hit is with my flashlight ill try and attach a photo to illustrate this discoloration. I was kind of put off with this as soon as I unboxed it. I was going to set it up and see how it functioned, well so far it doesn't function very well either. I have sent my RAP back to the repair facitility 3 times already. This last time the repair tech said they were not able to replicate the issues I was sending it in for. I actually am kind of thinking he didn't even look at my old unit because it didn't produce sound any more. All one would have to do is plug it in and it wouldn't work. This is the most remarkable situation I have ever found myself in with it a piece of equipment. I will have to reach out to the rep and see what the heck to do about this . I just cannot believe it this thing is needing a 4th repair and this one is a different one altogether. My system is so simple I just don't get it I am so tired of dealing with this piece. I replugged my old RSX1065 back in while was waiting fro this to come back. Wow that unit is a work horse and works like a champ. The RSX doesn't have the new inputs and such but for watching tv and movies and music it does a really good job. I with I had never bought the RAP. What a nightmare!
As a Rotel user myself .. Sorry to hear your going thru this hassle.
In the end, it's the Rotel sound that makes up for it and keeps us going...

I have the rsp-1576 and it has its share of bugs... I've been in contact with support to hopefully get firmware better.

Normally I woukd not put up with all the issues, but Rotel sounds soooo amazing.
I had the anthem avm60, yamaha cxa5200, Marantz av7704 etc..
And rotel is hands down best sound.. Even without room eq yet... Can't wait for dirac upgrade coming....

Last edited by muad'dib; 07-21-2019 at 11:25 AM.
muad'dib is online now  
post #410 of 410 Old 07-28-2019, 04:31 AM
Newbie
 
kleinischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
One more bug: Despite setting (subwoofer: none), the LFE-Chanel from 5.1 is not redirected to the main speakers.

BR
Dirk
kleinischer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off