Official Yamaha RX-V81 Owners Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3652Likes

post #751 of 807 Old 10-04-2018, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Bluetooth cutting out

I purchased my 681 about a year and half ago as my first home audio receiver. Its been a long learning process and I am sure there is a long ways to go but the reason I am here is that I have started having issues with the audio cutting out, primarily via Bluetooth which is my primary means of playing music. I havent been able to get the spotify app to work on the receiver as well as the remote control app for my android but we can get to those later.

My main concern for the moment is why the sound is cutting out. The speakers on the display as well as the "cinema DSP" also disappear when the audio cuts out. This phone connects flawlessly to my Klipsch soundbar in my bedroom, personal truck, work truck, portable speaker and any other device that I have ever needed to connect to. This has been a recurrent issue and has become signicantly more prominent in the last week or so. As far as I know the firmware is up to date, I updated last week. Any help would be much appreciated, including information on the spotify and remote not working/connecting. Also, if anybody could drop me the best Customer Support number to use that would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 807 Old 10-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro2207 View Post
Using the latest firmware, my RXV-781 exhibits intermittent playback after a few seconds of launching a song using itunes iphone app, AND spotify.
At first it will play without a hiccup, then the audio starts to slow down and cut intermittently for about a minute and eventually fix on its own.

I can best describe it as the delay present in whatsapp video audio with poor connection.
It also reminds me of a time I tried to play a 44.1khz DTS cd audio stream thru a 48hz only capable sound card (it played, but very slow).

AVR is connected thru ethernet directly to a switch. I also have strong wifi signal everywhere.

The problem can be solved simply by switching to the iphone's internal speakers and back to the AVR. Relaunching itunes or Spotify app will also do the trick.

I've experimented so far with 3 different phones with iOS: 9.3.5, 10.1.1 and 12 (latest), all exhibit the same behavior.

A few weeks ago I helped a friend setup an RXA1070 (updated FW before any testing) and when he connected via airplay we experienced the same in and out audio cuts.

Overall we are happy with the v781 (actually own 2). I can't recall the FW version of the 1st we purchased, but we never had problems with direct airplay streaming or using spotify.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? If we can document it further I guess Yamaha could release a fix.

I had the same issue with intermittent drop outs on my Sirius/XM zone 2 feed. I flashed the firmware back to version 1.26. That solved the drop out issues. However, I would like to get version 1.30 which has the new software for Airplay. Does anyone have this zip file?
post #753 of 807 Old 10-10-2018, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I was suggested to cross-post my post to my AVR thread so..

I have a 5.1 system , yamaha rxv 581 receiver, i have not add overhead speakers yet. When i play movies with Dolby Atmos track it downgrades to TrueHD as it was supposed to. The downgraded atmos tracks sound way louder than the native trueHD and DTS HD 7.1 tracks. When i say way louder i mean it , 15 db louder.. I normally watch movies at -15db , but when the movie supports atmos and then downgrades it to true hd i need to turn the volume down to -28db in order to have an enjoyable experience.

Most of the atmos movies sound boomy and muddy too. The only atmos track that i enjoyed was Wonder Woman 4k , it plays amazingly well as true hd that is not the case for e.g the matrix 4k or the Skyscraper 4k which sound loud , muddy and boomy it's like the high freq are not there.
So i connected a pair of old speakers in order to test the native atmos tracks , i placed them at the top of my floorstanders, i did not wait for good overhead effects with that kind of speakers and placement i just wanted to test the native atmos tracks loudness. Everything was way quieter, it was like that i had two comletely different systems. Mad Max as true HD was defeaning at -15db, as native Atmos it was way quieter and softer at-15.
Has it anything to do with the metadata? I mean when atmos downgrades to trueHD and the metadata are not used some sounds play at maximum volume because the metadata are not there to adjust the volume ? Hope you understand what i'm trying to say, im not a native english speaker.
ataneruo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 807 Old 10-16-2018, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Help with getting computer to work with receiver (I did lots of research already).

Hello everyone,
To start, I didn't realize there was so much to the audio world...I profess my ignorance and but have done a lot of research...unfortunately it was after I bought the equipment. So I currently have 5.1 with Yamaha rx-v481 receiver.

I want to use it with my htpc for my home stereo. It seems like the only options on my receiver are

1) hdmi via my onboard graphics card. I attempted this and I couldn't get it work..I believe because I am using a project via vga connectors and I can not use both at the same time

2) Optical which I don't have on my motherboard

So basically I just want to confirm that I essentially bought a stereo that I can't use. I don't understand why the receiver can't take the stereo rca inputs and make it work in some way. Why even include all those AV inputs? Not expecting 5.1 but something that makes it so I can at least watch a movie. The only way I can get audio at the moment is

A) from my center speaker only....satellites are not doing anything

B) from my satellites which means I can not understand any speaking voices

I ran the speaker test and all speakers work fine....if anyone is interested here is the link to the manual :

usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/794355/RX-V481_RX-V481D_Manual_English.pdf

I would appreciate any help or at least confirmation that I am correct in my assumptions.

Thank you!
post #755 of 807 Old 10-16-2018, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendr1x View Post
Hello everyone,

To start, I didn't realize there was so much to the audio world...I profess my ignorance and but have done a lot of research...unfortunately it was after I bought the equipment. So I currently have 5.1 with Yamaha rx-v481 receiver.

I want to use it with my htpc for my home stereo. It seems like the only options on my receiver are

1) hdmi via my onboard graphics card. I attempted this and I couldn't get it work..I believe because I am using a project via vga connectors and I can not use both at the same time

2) Optical which I don't have on my motherboard

So basically I just want to confirm that I essentially bought a stereo that I can't use. I don't understand why the receiver can't take the stereo rca inputs and make it work in some way. Why even include all those AV inputs? Not expecting 5.1 but something that makes it so I can at least watch a movie. The only way I can get audio at the moment is

A) from my center speaker only....satellites are not doing anything

B) from my satellites which means I can not understand any speaking voices

I ran the speaker test and all speakers work fine....if anyone is interested here is the link to the manual :

usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/794355/RX-V481_RX-V481D_Manual_English.pdf

I would appreciate any help or at least confirmation that I am correct in my assumptions.

Thank you!
RCA two-channel stereo inputs should work fine, just turn on Sur Decode (Dolby Pro Logic) to matrix it to 5.1. Typically native DD 5.1 content won’t play through 2-ch unless it’s down-mixed by the source.

As for how your PC works, we can’t say. It’s up to the computer's video/audio capabilities if you can output VGA and HDMI at the same time, or have to choose. I presume you cannot output HDMI to the AVR then HDMI/Component Video/Composite video out to the projector.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 10-16-2018 at 10:55 AM.
post #756 of 807 Old 10-16-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
RCA two-channel stereo inputs should work fine, just turn on Dolby Pro Logic/Surround to matrix it to 5.1. Typically native DD 5.1 content won’t play through 2-ch unless it’s down-mixed by the source.
As far as I can tell my receiver doesn't support this...I went through all the menu options / read the manual for hours and couldn't find any settings. Also I should mention I upgraded the receiver firmware to the newest version.
post #757 of 807 Old 10-16-2018, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
As far as I can tell my receiver doesn't support this...I went through all the menu options / read the manual for hours and couldn't find any settings. Also I should mention I upgraded the receiver firmware to the newest version.
Oh yes it does. P. 24 of your manual. [1]

If you only hear content from the center channel in Surround Decoder mode (p. 48), then you're listening to monophonic (one channel) content. Dolby PL II will send mono content to the Center. So make sure you test with STEREO or Dolby Surround encoded content.

If you want to listen to things in plain Stereo, leave the AVR in STRAIGHT mode (p. 48).

I don't know why you would only hear content on the surround channels, likely you had something set up incorrectly.

If things still aren't working, return the AVR to default (factory) settings as per p. 108, and set up again paying particular attention to the manual. If you have a suitable mobile device, the Yamaha AV Setup Guide app can help you step-by-step.

[1] Addendum: if you're using a 3.5mm (TRS) stereo plug adapter to red/white RCA from your computer's sound card to the AVR, check if the 3.5mm socket on the PC has a red light. It could be dual analog and mini-TOSlink digital (like the Google Chromecast Audio), in which case you could use the AVR's optical input, and get higher quality sound (perhaps even Dolby Digital or DTS, depending upon your computer).

Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 10-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.
post #758 of 807 Old 10-16-2018, 02:48 PM

First off...thank you so much for your help. I'm feeling like of helpless here...

So lets start with audio signal. For some reason my receiver doesn't have the option "Signal Info" (p85) when I am in AV2 so I can't confirm 100% but I think my laptop is outputting standard stereo audio...it works perfect with normal headphones.

I decided to reset to default...so everything after this is with factory settings. I put the receiver in straight mode...I only get my front two satellite speakers which sounds absolutely horrible with dialog (can't understand anything people are saying). Is it possible to get the center channel working so I can hear dialog? Are there other suggestions of settings I need to modify? At this point I just want to watch a movie with it.
post #759 of 807 Old 10-16-2018, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
First off...thank you so much for your help. I'm feeling like of helpless here...

So lets start with audio signal. For some reason my receiver doesn't have the option "Signal Info" (p85) when I am in AV2 so I can't confirm 100% but I think my laptop is outputting standard stereo audio...it works perfect with normal headphones.

I decided to reset to default...so everything after this is with factory settings. I put the receiver in straight mode...I only get my front two satellite speakers which sounds absolutely horrible with dialog (can't understand anything people are saying). Is it possible to get the center channel working so I can hear dialog? Are there other suggestions of settings I need to modify? At this point I just want to watch a movie with it.
"Signal Info" may not be available with analog (RCA left + right) signals. There's no digital signal to indicate.

The way that Dolby Surround and Pro Logic (II/IIx) work is they take a two channel (stereo) signal with surround info encoded into it, and decode surround sounds to distribute to other speakers. If content like dialog is equal in both the left and right channel, Dolby PL II sends that content to the center channel. Usually this is dialog and centered sound effects. Content like music that contains distinct left and right (stereo) separation, are left to play in the Left and Right channels.

I don't know what you mean by "front two satellite speakers." In 5.1 you have Left, Right, Center, Surround Left, Surround Right, and a subwoofer. Surround channels are sometimes called "satellites" but that can be confusing. Ensure your speakers are plugged into the AVR as illustrated in the manual. If you only have 5 speakers, do not use "height" or "presence" connections, just Left, Right, Center, SL, SR.

Your description that dialog is horrible, that you can't understand what people are saying, tells me you have something set up wrong.

If your PC is in any way capable of DIGITAL sound output (TOSlink, coax digital audio, or HDMI), I would pursue that. You'll only get so far with analog stereo.

Much of this simple information is available in How To's and beginner's guides. There are probably some posted as stickies on this forum. Start reading, and learning. You're on the beginning of a long, fun journey.

post #760 of 807 Old 10-20-2018, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Andrew Parks View Post
I purchased my 681 about a year and half ago as my first home audio receiver. Its been a long learning process and I am sure there is a long ways to go but the reason I am here is that I have started having issues with the audio cutting out, primarily via Bluetooth which is my primary means of playing music. I havent been able to get the spotify app to work on the receiver as well as the remote control app for my android but we can get to those later.

My main concern for the moment is why the sound is cutting out. The speakers on the display as well as the "cinema DSP" also disappear when the audio cuts out. This phone connects flawlessly to my Klipsch soundbar in my bedroom, personal truck, work truck, portable speaker and any other device that I have ever needed to connect to. This has been a recurrent issue and has become signicantly more prominent in the last week or so. As far as I know the firmware is up to date, I updated last week. Any help would be much appreciated, including information on the spotify and remote not working/connecting. Also, if anybody could drop me the best Customer Support number to use that would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Hey there - I have the same issue, and an odd solution but it works. Buy a Yamaha WX-010 wireless speaker. They are down to about $80 on Amazon. Sync the speaker to your phone and the Yamaha receiver, then run your phone's bluetooth through the speaker instead of the receiver. For some reason, the receiver sucks with bluetooth but add the MusicCast speaker and run bluetooth through it to the receiver, then it works. I ended up buying 4 of the WX-010 speakers now that they are cheap with the gen 2's on the market, and built a whole-home solution on top of the RV-V681. They work great.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #761 of 807 Old 10-20-2018, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:

The bluetooth signal is received through the plastic aerial on the back.
Is it fully extended with no other cables sitting over the top of it?
Some people accidentally damage it, so double check it hasn't 'popped' at the pivot, if it has you'll need to pick up a new one and put it on (they aren't even remotely expensive).
Make sure there's no WiFi router nearby as the 2.4GHz spectrum of a WiFi router will seriously stuff with a bluetooth signal.

Oh, and the single best way to deal with bluetooth is to not use it. It's near-field only, drops quality and sucks every time someone calls.
Try Airplay or the MusicCast app and you'll get better quality.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #762 of 807 Old 10-25-2018, 03:00 AM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Is there any way to set atmos speakers to overhead as opposed to them simply being refered to as presence speakers in the setup?

I thought the whole atmos thing is dependent on the position but all you can do wuth an rx-v3081 from what I can see is activte them and set the level, distance and crossover.

There doesn't appear to be an option to set them to in ceiling or to map out where they are in the room in the setup.
post #763 of 807 Old 11-06-2018, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Thank you for your help, gentleman. I actually sold the receiver as a part of my beginner 5.1 set up this weekend but will pass the information on to the buyer. Again, your help is greatly appreciated!

Receiver: Marantz 5012 Power: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 1
Towers: Klipsch RF83 Center: Klipsch RP450C
Surrounds: Klipsch RS42II
Subs: Dual Rythmik FV15HP
post #764 of 807 Old 11-17-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your help, gentleman. I actually sold the receiver as a part of my beginner 5.1 set up this weekend but will pass the information on to the buyer. Again, your help is greatly appreciated!
Hey there - I know you sold your Yamaha receiver, but I thought of one other thing I did that helped fix the bluetooth cutting out issues just in case anyone else is having the issue. I set the DNS settings on my wireless router to Google's - 8.8.8.8 and that seems to have fixed it on my system. Bluetooth is rock solid now.
post #765 of 807 Old 11-18-2018, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzani View Post
Hey there - I know you sold your Yamaha receiver, but I thought of one other thing I did that helped fix the bluetooth cutting out issues just in case anyone else is having the issue. I set the DNS settings on my wireless router to Google's - 8.8.8.8 and that seems to have fixed it on my system. Bluetooth is rock solid now.
I use the Google DNS servers[1] on my AVR, too, but … that’s going to be totally irrelevant for a Bluetooth connection.

And he sold his AVR. He’s done with it.

[1] 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4.

post #766 of 807 Old 11-20-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I use the Google DNS servers[1] on my AVR, too, but … that’s going to be totally irrelevant for a Bluetooth connection.

And he sold his AVR. He’s done with it.

[1] 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4.
I don't blame him for selling it, annoying as hell. I should clarify, as I posted earlier in this thread I gave up on the 681AVR bluetooth as well. My solution is that I connect a bluetooth source (typically my phone) via a WX-010 MusicCast speaker then run it though the wifi to sync with the AVR. Even that was sketchy as hell until I switched to the Google DNS servers, now my whole home MusicCast system including the 681 is rock solid.
eldjay likes this.
post #767 of 807 Old 12-05-2018, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Delete bluetooth

Is there a way to delete Bluetooth devices? I had it connected to my headphones which it keeps auto connecting too. I don't want that because I want to connect my headphones to my tv but it keeps connecting to rv 681 automatically

JVK Samsung 2018 QN75Q7F, UBD-K8500, Denon AVR-X6200W 7.1.4 Klipsch G-28, G-16, G-12 & R-115SW
Samsung 2017 QN65Q7F, Yamaha RX-V681 5.1 Klipsch G-28, G16 & R112SW
post #768 of 807 Old 12-06-2018, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Pandora access error

Anyone else having the "access error" when trying to like or dislike a song, but only in shuffle station mode?

Updated to latest v481 firmware, no change.
post #769 of 807 Old 12-25-2018, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hello, i have a few generic question what concerns this receiver. I own the RX 681 . Below a list of short questions

1) Cinema DSP 3D , what is it exactly ?

2) Sci-Fi , Spectacle, etc. Do they use all the channels provided from the source or they try to simulate them ?
3) DD Surround, Neutral:X Neo: 6 Cinema , what are the differences ? Do i have to set one according to the video file ?
4) YPAO Volume is this the volume that was configured at the start when setting up the speakers with the microphone ?
5) My receiver HDMI output goes to the TV. In addition i have a pc plugged in on an HDMI and a turntable on phono. Is it possible to display my laptop on the screen while also using the turntable ? I know those are two inputs and one output, i am just wondering if i could use my laptop (hdmi1) while using also the turntable (phono)
6) When using tuner or phono as a source and turn on the volume, i hear a hissing sound (Volume on 0 to -10db) even when i have nothing connected on the receiver , on the other side with HDMI input i do not have this. Is this due the analog input ? Is this normal ?

Thank you.
post #770 of 807 Old 12-26-2018, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hello everyone.

Is anyone able to measure with an RMS Volt meter at which monitor level does the RX-V381 output 2.828 V RMS/channel with a -0.001 dBFS RMS sine wave signal?

Thank you very much.
post #771 of 807 Old 12-26-2018, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Fine View Post
Hello everyone.

Is anyone able to measure with an RMS Volt meter at which monitor level does the RX-V381 output 2.828 V RMS/channel with a -0.001 dBFS RMS sine wave signal?.
I think you’d need an oscilloscope to measure that.

Rockreactor, your questions are answered in the manual. The hissing sound is probably a result of turning the volume up too high, don’t do that. For some audio inputs, you can select “HDMI video out” for that input; again, read your manual.
mborland likes this.

post #772 of 807 Old 01-03-2019, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
What is the RX-V681 headphone output power? The PDF manual shows 16 Ohms impedance but does not state the power.
post #773 of 807 Old 01-05-2019, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreactor View Post
Hello, i have a few generic question what concerns this receiver. I own the RX 681 . Below a list of short questions

1) Cinema DSP 3D , what is it exactly ?
Yamaha's Cinema DSP 3D is the name of Yamaha's own synthesized surround sound processing. I think the "3D" part of the name refers to the use of "Front Presence speakers" aka the 2 front height speakers also used by Dolby Atmos and DTS:X

Quote:
2) Sci-Fi , Spectacle, etc. Do they use all the channels provided from the source or they try to simulate them ?
I'm not sure but I think Yamaha uses whatever original channels are in the source and then adds in additional processing to those channels, but I could be mistaken.

To avoid this, select "STRAIGHT" for no additional processing. And to change a 5.1/7.1 discete channel audio source to just generate height channels ONLY while passing through the 5.1 signal unaltered (5.1.2 output), use either (the new) "Dolby Surround" or DTS "Neural:X"

Quote:
3) DD Surround, Neural:X, Neo: 6 Cinema , what are the differences ? Do i have to set one according to the video file ?
"Dolby Surround" is the "new" version of Dolby's surround sound processing and the next version of Dolby Pro Logic II (instead of reviving the name "Dolby Surround", they could've called it "Dolby Pro Logic III"). The new "Dolby Surround" replaces the previous Pro Logic II versions and output a 5.1.2 surround soundfield (where the ".2" is the new front height speakers) regardless of how many channels are being feed to it. And in the case that an actual 5.1.2 "Dolby Atmos" signal is being feed to it, it does no additional processing and works the same as "STRAIGHT"

DTS "Neural:X" is DTS's similar technology that can create a 5.1.2 surround soundfield with those newfangled front height speakers and if the source audio is encoded as "DTS:X" then it also does no additional processing and works as a "STRAIGHT" passthrough of the audio signal.

DTS "Neo:6 Cinema" (and "Neo:6 Music") are DTS's older surround processing that take a 2.0 input signal and outputs 5.1 channels (note the lack of height speakers). (Given how Yamaha dumped the old Dolby Pro Logic II settings due to the new Dolby Surround that replaced them being included, I'm glad they at least retaining the older DTS Neo:6 processing even with the new Neural:X that essentially replaces them.)

Quote:
4) YPAO Volume is this the volume that was configured at the start when setting up the speakers with the microphone ?
Not sure

Quote:
5) My receiver HDMI output goes to the TV. In addition i have a pc plugged in on an HDMI and a turntable on phono. Is it possible to display my laptop on the screen while also using the turntable ? I know those are two inputs and one output, i am just wondering if i could use my laptop (hdmi1) while using also the turntable (phono)
No, it can ONLY have ONE output at a time. To do what you want, you'll need to feed your PC directly to your TV via another TV input and then watch that input while setting your receiver to the phono input

Quote:
6) When using tuner or phono as a source and turn on the volume, i hear a hissing sound (Volume on 0 to -10db) even when i have nothing connected on the receiver , on the other side with HDMI input i do not have this. Is this due the analog input ? Is this normal ?
Don't know, but that seems like a distinct possibility.

Quote:
Thank you.
You're Welcome.
pg22, ChromeJob and eldjay like this.

Last edited by DonMac; 01-05-2019 at 09:34 AM.
post #774 of 807 Old 01-05-2019, 09:38 AM

Sound from Main cuts out randomly

I recently ordered/received a refurbished TSR-7810. Got it for $399 from Amazon. After about a month with no problems, it started having this issue where the sound from the Main Zone will just stop, but Zone 2 will continue to play (sending the same source to both Zones).

The sound comes back to Zone 1 after I power off/power on using the power button on the receiver. It has happened multiple times. I am planning on sending it back and asking for a replacement, but was just curious if others have experienced this? Maybe there is a fix? Running most recent firmware. Sending back is just such as hassle. I guess that's what I get for buying refurbished? I did get the 4 year protection plan for just $40 bucks though...
post #775 of 807 Old 01-05-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

What was playing through Zone 1, the same thing or a different input?

post #776 of 807 Old 01-05-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
What was playing through Zone 1, the same thing or a different input?

It's happened when playing music using AUDIO1, sending the same source to Zone1 and Zone 2. Actually just happened again while typing this message...

But it has also happened once while watching a movie using AV4.
post #777 of 807 Old 02-16-2019, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hello guys i have this yamaha receiver but i cant find LFE (low frequency effects) and the
Crossover frequency . And i cant connect it right with my bose acoustimass 10 i have everything in the righr place am just asking about the receiver how to setup it righr ro have the best results?
post #778 of 807 Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Magdy View Post
Hello guys i have this yamaha receiver but i cant find LFE (low frequency effects) and the
Crossover frequency . And i cant connect it right with my bose acoustimass 10 i have everything in the righr place am just asking about the receiver how to setup it righr ro have the best results?
The AM10 manual linked from your other thread indicates how to hook the AVR up to your Bose speakers.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-au...0-rx-v681.html

Your speaker set does not have a separate subwoofer (Bose calls it the “Acoustimass module”), so in the AVR you set “subwoofer” to “not used.” The LFE channel will be mixed to the left and right speakers instead.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 02-18-2019 at 07:12 AM. Reason: link to other thread, clarification about Acoustimass
post #779 of 807 Old 02-17-2019, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Magdy View Post

The AM10 manual linked from your other thread indicates how to hook the AVR up to your Bose speakers.

Your speaker set does not have a separate subwoofer, so in the AVR you set “subwoofer” to “not used.” The LFE channel will be mixed to the left and right speakers instead.
I have a sub with the system or the bose sub is treated differently!! I have to buttons on the sub one called base and the other lfe
post #780 of 807 Old 02-18-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official Yamaha RX-V81 Owners Thread

As mentioned in your other thread, the Bose AM10 has the entire speaker set wired through the bass module (it’s not technically a “subwoofer”) so you should not have anything connected to the AVRs’ SUB OUT connection.

Your complaint was that the bass was too heavy, and we gave you suggestions to correct that.

http://products.bose.com/pdf/custome...am10_guide.pdf

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-au...0-rx-v681.html

Last edited by ChromeJob; 02-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
av receiver , RX-V81 , rxv481 , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page