Anyone Using AC Infinity to Cool their AVR? - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 210 Old 02-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Member
 
Vordak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I assume the only benefit would be if I left the cabinet doors open, which I don't want to do. And I guess I didn't specify that, the receiver would be behind doors.
Vordak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 210 Old 02-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 739
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordak View Post
I assume the only benefit would be if I left the cabinet doors open, which I don't want to do. And I guess I didn't specify that, the receiver would be behind doors.


Wow that sounds like really not a good way to go. No matter what model you get you're going to just be recirculating hot air in there with it being closed up like that.


Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K
flyinion is offline  
post #153 of 210 Old 02-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Vordak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
Wow that sounds like really not a good way to go. No matter what model you get you're going to just be recirculating hot air in there with it being closed up like that.


Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
It's not completely closed as there are decent sized opening on the top. The question, maybe unclear, was more around would the hot air have a better chance escaping through those holes in the cabinet if it was pushed towards the back of the cabinet or the top of the cabinet. Both wouldn't push it directly through holes. And I guess maybe I'll need to add in exhaust fans on the holes them in addition to the AC Infinity, but at that point, I'd just keep the receiver on top of the cabinet.
Vordak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 210 Old 02-13-2019, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 739
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordak View Post
It's not completely closed as there are decent sized opening on the top. The question, maybe unclear, was more around would the hot air have a better chance escaping through those holes in the cabinet if it was pushed towards the back of the cabinet or the top of the cabinet. Both wouldn't push it directly through holes. And I guess maybe I'll need to add in exhaust fans on the holes them in addition to the AC Infinity, but at that point, I'd just keep the receiver on top of the cabinet.


The problem is getting both cool air in and hot air out though. Sounds like doing both will be a problem without some modifications to the cabinet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K
flyinion is offline  
post #155 of 210 Old 02-14-2019, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmb12679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordak View Post
It's not completely closed as there are decent sized opening on the top. The question, maybe unclear, was more around would the hot air have a better chance escaping through those holes in the cabinet if it was pushed towards the back of the cabinet or the top of the cabinet. Both wouldn't push it directly through holes. And I guess maybe I'll need to add in exhaust fans on the holes them in addition to the AC Infinity, but at that point, I'd just keep the receiver on top of the cabinet.

AC infinity makes many options like a fan that goes in the side of the cabinet itself for situations like yours. Browse around you will be able to find something made for your situation, or modify your situation to make one their solutions work

Marantz SR6010 -- Marantz MM7025 -- Marantz UD5007
Klipsch RF-7ii's - RC-64ii - RB-51ii's - RS-42ii's - R-112sw(x2)

HK990 -- HD990 -- Klipsch RF-7ii's
dmb12679 is offline  
post #156 of 210 Old 02-14-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,383
Mentioned: 722 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22216 Post(s)
Liked: 12077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordak View Post
I assume the only benefit would be if I left the cabinet doors open, which I don't want to do. And I guess I didn't specify that, the receiver would be behind doors.
And yet, the best option to ensure longer life of the receiver, otherwise, as suggested look for a different external fan solution that better meets your requirements.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #157 of 210 Old 02-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Member
 
Vordak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
And yet, the best option to ensure longer life of the receiver, otherwise, as suggested look for a different external fan solution that better meets your requirements.
Thanks all for replies. I have more to think about now. Much appreciated.
Vordak is offline  
post #158 of 210 Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
GoZags13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordak View Post
Thanks all for replies. I have more to think about now. Much appreciated.
Just to add onto what has been mentioned, the airflow in for cold air is just as important as the outflow. I have all my A/V gear in a cabinet that's 36" wide by 12" tall, and let me tell you cooling is a huge challenge. I ended up doing an Airplate S7 and one S5 for inflow, and Airplate T3 and one S5 for outflow, and one S4 inside the cabinet to redirect the xbox exhaust towards a vent. It might sound like overkill, but when I run the xbox at reference volumes I need every bit of it.

I played around quite a bit to get to this configuration. Key takeaway is with gaps around cabinet doors, you want more airflow in than out. Put the outflow as close to the hot spot on the AVR as possible, and the inflow opposite so air flows across it. Ideally you'll also have the door opposite of the inflow as well so leakage is pulling air out versus your inflow simply going back out.

Denon X4300H; Sony XBR75 900E; Definitive Technology RLS-II/DI 5.5LCR/DI 5.5R; NHT SW12
GoZags13 is offline  
post #159 of 210 Old 03-02-2019, 06:16 AM
Member
 
TomGallopavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Aircom T8. If I use the smart mode, the fan cycles on and off every few seconds. Is this ok? Or should I leave it on auto that cycles on every 4 degrees but is louder (fan set on 3). Noise is not an issue as we like it fairly loud. Thank you for your opinions.
TomGallopavo is offline  
post #160 of 210 Old 03-04-2019, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmb12679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGallopavo View Post
Aircom T8. If I use the smart mode, the fan cycles on and off every few seconds. Is this ok? Or should I leave it on auto that cycles on every 4 degrees but is louder (fan set on 3). Noise is not an issue as we like it fairly loud. Thank you for your opinions.
It's your preference, try both and see which you like best. I personally use smart mode. Both will keep your equipment at your desired temp, just goes about in a different way.

Marantz SR6010 -- Marantz MM7025 -- Marantz UD5007
Klipsch RF-7ii's - RC-64ii - RB-51ii's - RS-42ii's - R-112sw(x2)

HK990 -- HD990 -- Klipsch RF-7ii's
dmb12679 is offline  
post #161 of 210 Old 03-05-2019, 07:36 AM
Member
 
TomGallopavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
It's your preference, try both and see which you like best. I personally use smart mode. Both will keep your equipment at your desired temp, just goes about in a different way.
I like the smart mode but was concerned the fan cycling on and off would wear it out faster. I also emailed the company and they said it is designed to turn on and off like that.
TomGallopavo is offline  
post #162 of 210 Old 03-05-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 5,661
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2820 Post(s)
Liked: 1780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGallopavo View Post
I like the smart mode but was concerned the fan cycling on and off would wear it out faster. I also emailed the company and they said it is designed to turn on and off like that.

Yeah, I totally wouldn't worry about it. If there is any additional wear due to on/off cycling, it'd be minimal. Heck the things are less than $100.00 and it'll go for years regardless of what mode you've got it in. Use it the way you want to use it!

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
post #163 of 210 Old 03-05-2019, 08:02 AM
Senior Member
 
gpzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGallopavo View Post
I like the smart mode but was concerned the fan cycling on and off would wear it out faster. I also emailed the company and they said it is designed to turn on and off like that.
You could also play with the set temperature in smart mode to keep it from cycling on and off so much. I use Smart Mode and eventually found that sweet spot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
gpzbc is offline  
post #164 of 210 Old 03-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Member
 
TomGallopavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzbc View Post
You could also play with the set temperature in smart mode to keep it from cycling on and off so much. I use Smart Mode and eventually found that sweet spot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
What did you end up setting it to?
TomGallopavo is offline  
post #165 of 210 Old 03-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
gpzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGallopavo View Post
What did you end up setting it to?
I would have to look but I believe it is 90. But every airflow situation is different.

Having it set at 90 keeps it in the mid 70s under normal circumstances. Then in the low 80s when I am cranking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
gpzbc is offline  
post #166 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmb12679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzbc View Post
I would have to look but I believe it is 90. But every airflow situation is different.

Having it set at 90 keeps it in the mid 70s under normal circumstances. Then in the low 80s when I am cranking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you have it set to 90, the fan shouldn't even turn on until about 85, so if your avr is running between 70-80 is the aircom fan ever even kicking on?

Marantz SR6010 -- Marantz MM7025 -- Marantz UD5007
Klipsch RF-7ii's - RC-64ii - RB-51ii's - RS-42ii's - R-112sw(x2)

HK990 -- HD990 -- Klipsch RF-7ii's
dmb12679 is offline  
post #167 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Senior Member
 
gpzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
If you have it set to 90, the fan shouldn't even turn on until about 85, so if your avr is running between 70-80 is the aircom fan ever even kicking on?
Yes, it does. The Smart Mode works a little differently. Give it a try.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
gpzbc is offline  
post #168 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Member
 
MechEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I use an AC Infinity blowing air out of my cabinet and a cut hole at the bottom for intake. I switch it on/off via the Denon 12V remote trigger using a switched AC outlet box so it’s always running while the Denon is on. Works great!
dmb12679 likes this.
MechEE is offline  
post #169 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmb12679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzbc View Post
Yes, it does. The Smart Mode works a little differently. Give it a try.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Mine must not get as hot as yours or something. I've got it set for 90 in smart mode with max fan speed of 3 and it doesn't start until 86, T10

Marantz SR6010 -- Marantz MM7025 -- Marantz UD5007
Klipsch RF-7ii's - RC-64ii - RB-51ii's - RS-42ii's - R-112sw(x2)

HK990 -- HD990 -- Klipsch RF-7ii's
dmb12679 is offline  
post #170 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrBobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,819
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Closed cabinets need cold intake toward the bottom (a good slit between door and cabinet can do the job but can always drill more holes on the bottom-most shelf) and hot exhaust on top (most common top-rear).
MrBobb is offline  
post #171 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
gpzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Mine must not get as hot as yours or something. I've got it set for 90 in smart mode with max fan speed of 3 and it doesn't start until 86, T10
Yea, my setup runs a little hot. It can heat up quickly but Smart Mode manages it well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
gpzbc is offline  
post #172 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 5,661
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2820 Post(s)
Liked: 1780
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechEE View Post
I use an AC Infinity blowing air out of my cabinet and a cut hole at the bottom for intake. I switch it on/off via the Denon 12V remote trigger using a switched AC outlet box so it’s always running while the Denon is on. Works great!

But does it run after the Denon shuts down? It should - you're building heat after shutdown. I'd consider plugging it into always live power so that it can run until it drops/maintains the temp. to the happy level to which you have it set. Probably not a big deal, but.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Mine must not get as hot as yours or something. I've got it set for 90 in smart mode with max fan speed of 3 and it doesn't start until 86, T10

That sounds about right - 86 for speed 1, 88 for speed 2, 90 for speed 3 if you're in 2-dgree increments....yeah?

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
post #173 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Member
 
MechEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
But does it run after the Denon shuts down? It should - you're building heat after shutdown. I'd consider plugging it into always live power so that it can run until it drops/maintains the temp. to the happy level to which you have it set. Probably not a big deal, but.....
It turns off right when the AVR turns off, which is the trade-off. But it keeps the AVR cooler throughout the entire viewing (it doesn’t wait until its already hot before it turns on, unlike the “smart” controller systems), and I am less concerned about the AC Infinity fan being off once the AVR is no longer dissipating power (off), and I’ve usually had the system running for a bit without high audio output after viewing and prior to shutting it down anyway.

And to be clear: once the AVR is turned off, I’m no longer “building heat” as the power electronics are no longer receiving / dissipating any more power. The core power consuming amplifiers can only drop in temperature at that point, not increase (unless something even hotter than them is bringing some additional thermal energy over!). Neighboring cooler components may rise in temp a bit (heated by the amps that are slowly cooling).

Last edited by MechEE; 03-10-2019 at 02:03 PM.
MechEE is offline  
post #174 of 210 Old 03-10-2019, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 5,661
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2820 Post(s)
Liked: 1780
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechEE View Post
And to be clear: once the AVR is turned off, I’m no longer “building heat” as the power electronics are no longer receiving / dissipating any more power. The core power consuming amplifiers can only drop in temperature at that point, not increase (unless something even hotter than them is bringing some additional thermal energy over!). Neighboring cooler components may rise in temp a bit (heated by the amps that are slowly cooling).

Sorry, I should have said it differently - you're not making new heat - the components are still radiating and not cooling as quickly as they would if they still had the air moving over them - and are still quite warm to hot and will remain so a lot longer than otherwise. Wouldn't worry too much about neighboring components.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
post #175 of 210 Old 03-11-2019, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mactavish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechEE View Post
I use an AC Infinity blowing air out of my cabinet and a cut hole at the bottom for intake. I switch it on/off via the Denon 12V remote trigger using a switched AC outlet box so it’s always running while the Denon is on. Works great!
What is the switched AC outlet you have that can be 12v triggered? I’d like to do the same. Thanks
Mactavish is offline  
post #176 of 210 Old 03-11-2019, 08:24 AM
Member
 
MechEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post
What is the switched AC outlet you have that can be 12v triggered? I’d like to do the same. Thanks
I used this: https://dlidirect.com/products/iot-power-relay



You also need a mono 3.5mm jack cable with the wires exposed on one end to attach to the green terminal block of the relay.
Mactavish likes this.
MechEE is offline  
post #177 of 210 Old 03-11-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,333
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Liked: 1264
I run the AC Infinity fans (two) with the thermostat set at 89 degrees. I do not have my AVR or any other component in an enclosed rack - - which really requires some forethought on how you are cooling everything in it. The fans run after my AVR has been turned off and that takes care of any built up (radiating) heat. My first set of fans only lasted two years - - so I just bought new ones. They are not that expensive and work like a charm.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Ricoflashback is offline  
post #178 of 210 Old 03-11-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kevin. W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I have one for my Denon X8500H. Set to Auto and 85oC. When systems of the unit will run till temperature comes down.

LG OLED65B7P.
Denon X8500H
OPPO 203 4K
Paradigm Prestige 95F, 55C, 25S and Prestige 1000SW.
Kevin. W is offline  
post #179 of 210 Old 03-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mactavish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechEE View Post
I used this: https://dlidirect.com/products/iot-power-relay



You also need a mono 3.5mm jack cable with the wires exposed on one end to attach to the green terminal block of the relay.
Thanks again, installed today, works great with my Denon 3500. If anyone gets one of these and you don’t have the 3.5mm mono plug, here is one with cable for $7. I cut the female end off, the white and colored internal cables are both POSITIVE/TIP, the tiny clear one is Negative/sleeve.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
gpzbc likes this.
Mactavish is offline  
post #180 of 210 Old 03-16-2019, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
indebtbassfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Squamish BC
Posts: 2,539
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Liked: 2648
Is there a general consensus on what the optimal operating temperature is in our avr's? Just like a thermostat in our vehicles. If we over cool our avr's running "0"MV for example,,,, is there a drawback or risk to our equipment not operating at its intended temperature? Is running to cool as bad as too hot? The other day i ran thirty+ minutes at "0" MV with potent tunes and never went beyond 96 degrees with my AC set at 90.

Sorry if this has been addressed,,, if so i will delete.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
indebtbassfreak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
aircom , cooling fan

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off