so here is where Im at so far.
the easy part is done . now comes the hard part.
1. Be linux -Ive installed debian 8 and Ive got it running with some software to do what i need.
2. Be cheap -so far hasnt cost a dime
3. wife friendly - NOT EVEN CLOSE. this may be the biggest challenge -I dont know .
4. sound good- adat(digital) to rme reference quality DACs, straight to amplifiers . I think Ive got that covered
5. have surround. I believe the bluray playback does have surround. I know the OTA does not, and right now netflix does not.
6.play blu-ray, netflix, and ota.
for bluray, I got it working using VLC media center with makemkv as the decryptor, ✔
for netflix , its working in google chrome but limited to 96kbps stereo audio and 720p video, not good
for OTA, vlc works but ive been doing this in kaffeine with no problems except only getting stereo sound
so if anyone has an answer for #3 , id appreciate it.
also looking for a way to have netflix play full 1080p and dolby d plus. in this day and age why isnt this a non event?
THANK YOU!!! for your selfless contribution to the audio world
Anders Torger for Brutefir
Thomas Drugeon for Rephase
John Mulcahy for room eq wizard
Denis Sbragion for DRC room correction
Juha Hartikainen for Winisd
Last edited by 1201; 11-21-2016 at 10:27 PM.