Emotiva to Debut RMC-1 7.3.6-Channel AV Pre/Pro with Atmos and DTS:X at CES 2017 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 287Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 253 Old 12-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Member
 
DaveMcLain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Missouri
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 75
"precision balanced mono" what's that bullcrap?
DaveMcLain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 253 Old 12-25-2016, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16,084
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9162 Post(s)
Liked: 16159
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMcLain View Post
"precision balanced mono" what's that bullcrap?
I'm guessing it's meant to convey that each DAC is a. accurate (you'd hope) b. feeds a balanced analog circuit c. there's one DAC per channel.
Mike_WI likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #63 of 253 Old 12-25-2016, 11:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,384
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1848 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Wonder if Emo will allow saving the Dirac Live project files into multiple slots? I.e. One for critical listening, one for single seat, one for love seats and another for sofa?

Hopefully the bugs reported by XMC-1 users have been addressed by the time RMC-1 is out in the wild and in actual hands of owners.

Emo should seriously consider carrying out beta testing of the RMC-1 with a few AVS members who have a good knowledge of finding bugs on the pre/pros. Would recommend IgorZep who discovered the digital silence bug on the XMC-1.

Edit: If the unit really can do 16-channels of processing, agree with others here that 9.1.6 for single row or single seat listening and 11.1.4 for multiple row seating should be the minimum that's doable on the RMC-1.
Bill Mac likes this.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.

Last edited by steveting99; 12-25-2016 at 11:20 PM.
steveting99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 253 Old 12-25-2016, 11:43 PM
Member
 
Theaterfreak360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cibolo, Texas (San Antonio Area)
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quick question guys? I'm still sort of new to the audio world. Would you need separate amplification for this pre/pro? Would this mean $5K for the RMC-1, plus additional costs for the amps?

I'm having my house prewired, at this moment, for a 7.4.6 Dolby system. This pre/pro seems as if it'd be a good fit for what I plan to do. Originally, I was going to prewire for the 7.4.6, but just install 4 height speakers until a reasonably priced receiver capable of outputting 6 heights hit the market. I'm wondering if the RMC-1 would be it?

I'd spend $5K for an all in one unit, but to add a few more grand for a quality amplifier(s) may be a bit of a hard sell to the wife.

Last edited by Theaterfreak360; 12-25-2016 at 11:46 PM.
Theaterfreak360 is offline  
post #65 of 253 Old 12-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 6
oh wait...where are the products announced during CES 2016? for e.g. Emersa EMP-1...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...omponents.html

did they release any of these products? ...do you want to hold your money and keep waiting?..i think they just want to create news and keep people waiting..
Socketman likes this.
hifikid80 is offline  
post #66 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 01:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaterfreak360 View Post
Quick question guys? I'm still sort of new to the audio world. Would you need separate amplification for this pre/pro? Would this mean $5K for the RMC-1, plus additional costs for the amps?

I'm having my house prewired, at this moment, for a 7.4.6 Dolby system. This pre/pro seems as if it'd be a good fit for what I plan to do. Originally, I was going to prewire for the 7.4.6, but just install 4 height speakers until a reasonably priced receiver capable of outputting 6 heights hit the market. I'm wondering if the RMC-1 would be it?

I'd spend $5K for an all in one unit, but to add a few more grand for a quality amplifier(s) may be a bit of a hard sell to the wife.
Yes you'd need separate amplification of some kind. "Wireless" speakers would have their own amps but need power. Some speakers are "active", they need a low level signal and power for built in amps. Which leads me to...

Prewired with what? If you haven't decide on your speakers yet you might want to pre-wire with power, balanced (shield and 2 signal) cable as well as "speaker cable" meant for amplified signal.

One way isn't necessarily the best way so if you hear something you like go with it. I happen to like to try different things and sell on consignment and try something else. For someone like me prewireing with everything would be best. What type of a/v geek are you? Have fun!

Cheers,

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
dnoonie is offline  
post #67 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 01:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Borneo Island
Posts: 3,043
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1311 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
I would love to see Denon/Marantz adopt Dirac, but I doubt it will happen. Honestly, the $5k MSRP is a bit too rich for my blood for a pre/pro. More than likely, I will go with the Arcam AVR 550 or whatever their next year model is. The extra height channels are nice, but it's the integrated Dirac that I find most appealing on my next receiver purchase.
There's Arcam AVR390
Skylinestar is offline  
post #68 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 03:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,778
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5650 Post(s)
Liked: 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alembicjeff View Post
I am most excited about the 3 subwoofer outputs, but only if each output can be separately calibrated by Dirac.

Jeff.
Having 3 sub outputs optimized independently from each other would be the worst idea ever.
Look up "Low-Frequency Optimization Using Multiple Subwoofers" by Todd Welti.
appelz, DS-21, Opethion and 1 others like this.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #69 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 04:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: MN and AZ USA
Posts: 2,595
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked: 1834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Hm, I doubt there will be a complete functional machine there at CES.

But will love any report from you Steve

Dan

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I said I am looking forward to hearing all about it (as in a conversation). If I physically heard it, I could not conclude much (different room, with different speakers and layout on a different day with different electronics).
Djoel likes this.

Steve (Owner) Sound Video
SteveH is online now  
post #70 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,516
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2293 Post(s)
Liked: 593
This piece looks very interesting
I see the statement bout it being FULLY BALANCED?

Is that true?
There is no Pre/Pro under10K that I know of that is filly balanced

Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
turnne1 is offline  
post #71 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: MN and AZ USA
Posts: 2,595
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked: 1834
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifikid80 View Post
oh wait...where are the products announced during CES 2016? for e.g. Emersa EMP-1...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...omponents.html

did they release any of these products? ...do you want to hold your money and keep waiting?..i think they just want to create news and keep people waiting..
They released and it's shipping. But they changed some things including the name... Now it's called the BasX MC-700 (MSRP: $599). See http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/t...ouncement-basx Also, they decided against B&O Class D (Emersa amp line) and instead, chose the BasX line which is a class A-B and even more affordable http://emotiva.com/products/series/basx
stef2 likes this.

Steve (Owner) Sound Video

Last edited by SteveH; 12-26-2016 at 04:58 AM.
SteveH is online now  
post #72 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mtbdudex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 6,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 1532
Emotiva to Debut RMC-1 7.3.6-Channel AV Pre/Pro with Atmos and DTS:X at CES 2017

Also note the 9.1.2 configurations also have wides, so Dolby recommends wides whenever you move past 7.1.x for Atmos.



Dedicated space home theaters should be able to incorporate front wide speakers with proper upfront planning or retrofit, multi use spaces and family rooms most likely not.

This is the evolution of Atmos, having wides in dedicated HTs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtbdudex is online now  
post #73 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,778
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5650 Post(s)
Liked: 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
They released and it's shipping. But they changed some things including the name... Now it's called the BasX MC-700 (MSRP: $599).
Wrong. Please see
http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/post/857976
http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/post/854415
SteveH and rramacha like this.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #74 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: MN and AZ USA
Posts: 2,595
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked: 1834
Thanks for the links. I inaccurately assumed they (more or less) renamed it and pulled DIRAC. Dan's statements make sense. Personally, the last new prepro I sold without immersive sound was back in January of 2015.

Steve (Owner) Sound Video

Last edited by SteveH; 12-26-2016 at 06:56 AM.
SteveH is online now  
post #75 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,336
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Drool!

While I don't really care about 192khz, all that processing power gives me hope that this will enable a high end Dirac implementation at 44/48khz free from intermediate ADC/DAC conversions or sample rate conversions. Using Dirac Live for PC, I can't hear the difference between 44/48khz Dirac and 192khz Dirac using 44/48khz music/movies. To me, the only benefit of 96-192khz sample rates would be to keep ADC/DAC conversions comfortably out of the audible range, but it's even better to avoid them completely.

Also, since I prefer my LRs wide in the front corners, 7 channels on the ground actually provides very even and uniform coverage for me. Maybe this is unusual, but I'm not sure if I'd use 9 ground channels even if I had them. 6 channels on the ceiling sounds more useful. This wide LR setup does require mains with controlled directivity and a symmetrical room to work really well, though. That provides for perfect imaging with the wide placement and reduces wall reflections.

3 sub channels too, hmm...
I wonder if one could be tuned optimally for tactile transducers?
What would that require?
Custom FR curve without room correction?

I hope it supports multiple Dirac presets. I find A/B comparisons to be indispensable for dialing in Dirac Live for PC.

I'm also sitting on a 40% off card. It would be awesome to finally be able to use it on a box like this!
rcohen is offline  
post #76 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 14,620
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4629 Post(s)
Liked: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
Drool!

While I don't really care about 192khz, all that processing power gives me hope that this will enable a high end Dirac implementation at 44/48khz free from intermediate ADC/DAC conversions or sample rate conversions. Using Dirac Live for PC, I can't hear the difference between 44/48khz Dirac and 192khz Dirac using 44/48khz music/movies. To me, the only benefit of 96-192khz sample rates would be to keep ADC/DAC conversions comfortably out of the audible range, but it's even better to avoid them completely.

Also, since I prefer my LRs wide in the front corners, 7 channels on the ground actually provides very even and uniform coverage for me. Maybe this is unusual, but I'm not sure if I'd use 9 ground channels even if I had them. 6 channels on the ceiling sounds more useful. This wide LR setup does require mains with controlled directivity and a symmetrical room to work really well, though. That provides for perfect imaging with the wide placement and reduces wall reflections.

3 sub channels too, hmm...
I wonder if one could be tuned optimally for tactile transducers?
What would that require?
Custom FR curve without room correction?

I hope it supports multiple Dirac presets. I find A/B comparisons to be indispensable for dialing in Dirac Live for PC.

I'm also sitting on a 40% off card. It would be awesome to finally be able to use it on a box like this!
As I mentioned, since most immersive tracks do not utilize the overheads often and the front wides and lateral surround arrays are emphasized, it would be more beneficial to have 9.1.4 or 11.1.6 rendering.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #77 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,336
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
As I mentioned, since most immersive tracks do not utilize the overheads often and the front wides and lateral surround arrays are emphasized, it would be more beneficial to have 9.1.4 or 11.1.6 rendering.
That logic makes sense, particularly for those without wide LR placement, and with the side surround placement further back.

Perhaps they are trying to keep those extra ground channels in the domain of commercial theater processors.
rcohen is offline  
post #78 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 14,620
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4629 Post(s)
Liked: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
That logic makes sense, particularly for those without wide LR placement, and with the side surround placement further back.

Perhaps they are trying to keep those extra ground channels in the domain of commercial theater processors.
I don't think that is the reason. The Trinnov consumer processor, albeit a pricey unit, can do 32 speaker locations. If consumer manufacturers built flagship models with better DSP chips and asked for more outputs, Dolby, at least, would be willing to code for that request.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #79 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,336
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I don't think that is the reason. The Trinnov consumer processor, albeit a pricey unit, can do 32 speaker locations. If consumer manufacturers built flagship models with better DSP chips and asked for more outputs, Dolby, at least, would be willing to code for that request.
Who is motivated to separate $20-30k processors from $5k processors?

If it's not Dolby or Dirac, then I agree, it's up to the consumer manufacturers, and they don't have commercial markets to protect.
rcohen is offline  
post #80 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ted99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,988
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 441
I recall seeing (awhile back) a picture of a screenshot of the back panel, on which I could make out the labeling of the three sub outputs as L, R, C.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
Ted99 is offline  
post #81 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
IgorZep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Hopefully the bugs reported by XMC-1 users have been addressed by the time RMC-1 is out in the wild and in actual hands of owners.

Emo should seriously consider carrying out beta testing of the RMC-1 with a few AVS members who have a good knowledge of finding bugs on the pre/pros. Would recommend IgorZep who discovered the digital silence bug on the XMC-1.
Ahh... I love to find bugs But what I love even more is when they are fixed. Unfortunately for XMC-1, after years already, there are still a number of bugs and they are not (only) about something advanced, but about the very basics. This makes me disbelieve Emotiva has any real control on the design of the product (or important parts of it).
IgorZep is offline  
post #82 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
IgorZep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Having 3 sub outputs optimized independently from each other would be the worst idea ever.
Dirac Unison (if they end up implementing it) optimizes all of them together (as well as also using capable satellites for evening response across the room, and will also take the job of bass-management). But if they will not implement Unison, then the whole idea of having three separate sub outputs is becoming questionable. With Dirac Unison it would be wise to have any number of outputs assignable as 'subs' or low frequency transducers. Dirac Unison is definitely supposed to be capable of that. Limiting / permanently allocating it to just three outputs is also a strange decision.
IgorZep is offline  
post #83 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12,930
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3659 Post(s)
Liked: 844
Sounds like progress is being made in the industry. However I would be uneasy about buying a AVP without HDMI 2.1 support. Granted, that's not available yet, but when it is I'd want to have it.
Scott-C likes this.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #84 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Member
 
dean l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Looks great till I saw the $5K price.
dean l is offline  
post #85 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mlknez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 2,577
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I suppose that I am the only one that is interested in what the USB B port will allow. In the xmc-1, the usb didn't provide multi-channel DSD or PCM. I am hoping that because each channel will have it's own DAC, that we can get 16 DACs each that can process 384khz PCM and DSD512. I also am hoping that the Dirac implementation will not decimate the audio beyond 192khz. This would allow my computer to be a very flexible digital source.
mlknez is online now  
post #86 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,778
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5650 Post(s)
Liked: 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorZep View Post
Dirac Unison (if they end up implementing it) optimizes all of them together (as well as also using capable satellites for evening response across the room, and will also take the job of bass-management). But if they will not implement Unison, then the whole idea of having three separate sub outputs is becoming questionable. With Dirac Unison it would be wise to have any number of outputs assignable as 'subs' or low frequency transducers. Dirac Unison is definitely supposed to be capable of that. Limiting / permanently allocating it to just three outputs is also a strange decision.
I agree. The data presented by Dirac Research looks promising but they only showed that Unison is effective over a very small area covering a single seat. Not sure the idea is applicable to 2-3 seats let alone multiple rows. The more I think about speakers in a room the more I like virtualization via headphones

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole
markus767 is offline  
post #87 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
kyzer soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Hold up, mine is newer and cheaper.In da box. Plus I will throw in some auro and UHD BD discs.
Lol how much we talking? Send me a pm.....

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
kyzer soze is offline  
post #88 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
javanpohl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,278
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked: 534
I think this is most exciting just because it's broken the 7.1.4 barrier. However, while I have always chomped at the bit for .6 overheads as I feel like either .2 or .4 involve some trade-offs, it's really 9.x.6 that I feel is the minimum for an immersive format gold standard. I have my L/R speakers literally on the edge of my projection screen but I oftentimes feel like even that is too wide for many mixes--sounds will often jump to the L/R speakers while the object making the sound is clearly within the frame of the image. It can be really distracting at times. So yeah, LCRs behind the screen with wides out to the side, in conjunction with the others in a 9.x.6 set-up, would cover all the bases pretty well.

Maybe 3 sub-woofer channels are a whole lot easier for them to create so maybe 7.3.6 is a whole different world from 9.1.6, but if it's not then it would really behoove them to offer both in the same package.

Regardless, this is incredibly exciting news.
javanpohl is offline  
post #89 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
stef2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: China
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 286
For those interested, there is an https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...on-thread.html that exists since september.

Also, if you prefer anticipation to speculation, there is the https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...on-thread.html

stef2 is online now  
post #90 of 253 Old 12-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Member
 
hosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The CEO of Emotiva just posted this on the Emotiva forum, sounds very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Laufman
The front panel can fully control the unit without a remote! That's a multi-axis controller, not just a rotary encoder. It allows complete navigation of all menu functions and trims.

So, not too many controls are needed now.

The chassis is 4RU and has module bays on the rear for optional modules. The first will be a balanced input expander module, a reference phono module, and there will be a streamer module too. And who knows what else??.
hosko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off