Recommendation for Pioneer Elite SC-85 on 5.1.2 ssetup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-03-2017, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Recommendation for Pioneer Elite SC-85 on 5.1.2 ssetup

Hello Experts,

I have my Pioneer Elite SC-85 in a 5.1.2 setup with all the ELAC Debut Series speakers and Sub-woofer, currently the receiver is on firmware 1-295-008-518-126, but I'm trying to understand if that's the best for my setup or if I should go with something else, looking at the Pioneer website I found the attached change history where it says:

Attention:
When you update to version 1-302-008-518-127 and your Speaker System is set to 5.2.4 up to 7.2.2 (number of speakers are 7.1 to 9.2) and have set the Speaker Settingsh to use any of the following: Top middle, Top forward, Top backward, Surround back, Front wide, or Front height, the Dolby Atmos stream will always be decoded.

When you update to version 1-295-008-518-126 and your Speaker System is set to 5.2 (number of speakers are 2.0 to 5.2) the receiver will always decode Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Digital Plus instead of Dolby Atmos. If you do not want this change and the other improvements then update to or keep Version 1-290-008-518-121. After updating, you can't revert back to the previous firmware version.

Since I'm very new and of course I'm confused I'm hoping somebody can recommend if I should just keep the existing firmware or go with something different.

Can you please help?
Attached Files
File Type: txt CHANGE%20HISTORY_SC-89_87_Oct_10.txt (2.4 KB, 35 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
firmware , firmware update , Pioneer Elite , receiver , SC-85

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page