Video UPGRADE Announcement:
Just announced to dealers:
MP-50 users will be able to upgrade their video board for $1300 \ EXCLUDING VAT (but the price includes shipping). Details below. With all that said, I predict my customers will trade in their MP-50's for a MP-60. The list price of the MP-60 has not been released. I'm going to call to see if I can get a USD estimate and post accordingly.
Here are those upgrade details:
MP-50 HDMI Upgrade Program
The MP-50 processor will continue to be offered until current stock is sold through. For new and existing MP-50 owners, there is an upgrade program available to change over to the new 2.0b HDMI board, which is standard in the new MP-60 processor. With this upgrade, the MP-50 will support video resolutions up to [email protected]
: YCbCr 4:2:2, 600MHz with Dolby Vision on all inputs and outputs (18 Gbps).
The upgrade process
Pre-orders for upgrades begin today. Upgrades will occur 10/1/19 – 3/31/20.
• All upgrades are completed at the factory with an estimated one-week turn-around.
• Please ship processor in original packaging to avoid risk of damage during transit, which may prevent us from performing the upgrade.
Please note: the upgrade requires a full disassembly of the processor, as the HDMI board and the rear and base plates of the processor must be replaced to fit the new board. The processor will be returned with all settings at factory defaults, so remember to keep a back-up for easy re-installation. After the upgrade, the MP-50 will no longer have a built-in video scaler, nor will it be able to show on-screen information (selection of inputs, post-processing, etc.). This information will be displayed only on the product display, in the Installer Menu, and through the Remote application.
Prices for upgrade
9/6/19 – 9/30/19 Discounted Price for September
• $1,300 (excluding VAT). Price includes roundtrip shipping.
• Orders must be placed with RMA and funded before 9/30/19 even if the processor is returned at a later date.
10/1/19 – 3/31/20
• $1,695 (excluding VAT) plus shipping fee of $150.