Lyngdorf MP-50 | 12 Channel AV Processor; 9.1.6 with matrixed Wides and Top Middles - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1238Likes

post #2071 of 3013 Old 02-25-2018, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Could you elaborate?

Did the system have EQ before (I've never heard of Atlas)?
Not a full answer but, I think they meant ATMOS not ATLAS (probably the spell-checker)

Regards, Mike.

System: Pioneer KRP-500M, Lumagen Mini3D, Denon AVR-4520 (custom modified to allow use of >>>), miniDSP DDRC88BM, Oppo 103EU, Sky+HD DRX895, Humax HDR-FOX-T2 (x2), Apple ATV3
Bowers & Wilkins CM8 (left & right) - CMC2 (centre) - Kef HTS3001SE Surrounds, miniDSP 2x4HD, SVS SB13 Ultra, SVS SB2000 (x2) <<< Perfectly blended by MSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 3013 Old 02-25-2018, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Atlas system comprised of 3 JBL SK2-1000 fronts and S4Ai surrounds.
post #2073 of 3013 Old 02-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie0 View Post
The Atlas system comprised of 3 JBL SK2-1000 fronts and S4Ai surrounds.
Oops, my bad.................

Mike.

System: Pioneer KRP-500M, Lumagen Mini3D, Denon AVR-4520 (custom modified to allow use of >>>), miniDSP DDRC88BM, Oppo 103EU, Sky+HD DRX895, Humax HDR-FOX-T2 (x2), Apple ATV3
Bowers & Wilkins CM8 (left & right) - CMC2 (centre) - Kef HTS3001SE Surrounds, miniDSP 2x4HD, SVS SB13 Ultra, SVS SB2000 (x2) <<< Perfectly blended by MSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2074 of 3013 Old 02-27-2018, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_ View Post
I think you guys missunderstood my question. I just wanted to know if the roomperfect is effective enough that you don't need to plug the ports if you have it close to the wall. For your guys information i will have the crossover at 80hz.
What do you guys say about how effective roomperfect is then?
post #2075 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Update 3.02

Anyone know what they did?

John

post #2076 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by netroamer View Post
Anyone know what they did?
Release 3.0.2:
- Firmware updates for HDMI boards, bug fixes
- Spdif no sound bug fixes
- Center back bug fix
- Internal webpage bug fixes
- Streaming platform updates
- Zone B source bug fixes

Lyngdorf MP-50 | Yamaha MX-A5200 | Ascend Sierra Towers | Ascend Sierra Horizon | Ascend Sierra Lunas | Ascend HTM-200SE | SVS SB-13 x4
post #2077 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Quoted: 5543 Post(s)
Liked: 5135
Quote:
Hi all agian! Everyone that has the Lyngdorf MP50. Do you guys still have some kinds of plugs in the ports of you front speakers if you have them very near the front wall and when you use the roomperfect also? I have my front speakers ports closed at least one on the ports, in my case its the lower. What will you guys recommend? I have the Dali Epicon 6 as my front speakers.
Quote:
I think you guys missunderstood my question. I just wanted to know if the roomperfect is effective enough that you don't need to plug the ports if you have it close to the wall. For your guys information i will have the crossover at 80hz.
Quote:
iam having my speakers about 15cm from the wall and have it plugged because there will be to much base otherwise (unclean base).
Quote:
What do you guys say about how effective roomperfect is then?
Joey, what you describe is the ideal setup for RP according to Lyngdorf: Speakers against the wall and subs/BWs in the corners to mitigate early reflections, letting RP deal with resulting modal issues. They also recommend setting the mains up along the widest wall in the room (this just isn't possible in my room).

I don't know if anyone has followed these guidelines 100%. Most of us prefer to optimize our room setups prior to running REQ. I do plan on experimenting with mains against the front wall and BW-1s in the corners with some Klipsch I rescued on Craigslist.
post #2078 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckymomo View Post
Release 3.0.2:
- Firmware updates for HDMI boards, bug fixes
- Spdif no sound bug fixes
- Center back bug fix
- Internal webpage bug fixes
- Streaming platform updates
- Zone B source bug fixes
Finally got Airplay to work (not that I will use it

Movie: MP-50 7.4.4, Adam Audio S5X-V, Tensor Center, SVS 2xPB16 2xPC13, Isovolt 3k, microRendu+ultracap
Stereo: dCS Bartok, ASR Emitter II Excl, Paradigm Persona 9H, Adyton Isovolt 6k, Roon
post #2079 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Joey, what you describe is the ideal setup for RP according to Lyngdorf: Speakers against the wall and subs/BWs in the corners to mitigate early reflections, letting RP deal with resulting modal issues. They also recommend setting the mains up along the widest wall in the room (this just isn't possible in my room).

I don't know if anyone has followed these guidelines 100%. Most of us prefer to optimize our room setups prior to running REQ. I do plan on experimenting with mains against the front wall and BW-1s in the corners with some Klipsch I rescued on Craigslist.
So you think i need to remove the plugs then? I have the bw db1 as my subwoofer.
post #2080 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by arisholm View Post
Also fixed an annoying popping sound when an Airplay song is playing and you pause or select another song!

That was the only pop/click I would ever get. Every other product I've used had at least some popping/clicking on startup and shutdown and usually more.

Lyngdorf MP-50 | Yamaha MX-A5200 | Ascend Sierra Towers | Ascend Sierra Horizon | Ascend Sierra Lunas | Ascend HTM-200SE | SVS SB-13 x4
post #2081 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2115 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckymomo View Post
I spent almost a year obsessing about the MP-50 and trying to get more information about Roomperfect. I'll post some observations in a day or 2.

So what do you think?
arisholm likes this.

Noah
post #2082 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 03:37 PM

Did I just buy snake oil?

Perhaps a bit off topic but I will take my chances:
I bought Roon, which btw seems quite nice, and just hooked it up to a "Roon ready" Bluesound Node2 with coax into the MP50. Soo convenient although neither Roon nor the Node2 fully deliver on its promise of doing the first unfold of MQA (long off topic story ...) Anyway, then I thought, let's see what the computer audio guys are up to. So I ended up ordering this small Roon-ready and Audirvana approved Ethernet->USB streaming gadget that many people rave about, which I will connect to the USB input of the MP50. I hope the end result will be: very convenient streaming from both Audirvana and Roon and perhaps even better sound quality than with the Node2 because of all the magic that this little box with a decent power supply is supposed to do in terms of buffering and cleaning up the USB output signal quality...
As an engineer who has worked with digital audio, I suspect that I just bought snake-oil for 700 USD... but I thought let's try... Perhaps the USB input of the MP-50 so well designed that there is no point with gadgets like this (in terms of SQ, not in terms of convenience which is more obvious)? Anyone with experiences? If not I will gladly share mine once I get some. The gadget is this one: http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

cheers

Movie: MP-50 7.4.4, Adam Audio S5X-V, Tensor Center, SVS 2xPB16 2xPC13, Isovolt 3k, microRendu+ultracap
Stereo: dCS Bartok, ASR Emitter II Excl, Paradigm Persona 9H, Adyton Isovolt 6k, Roon

Last edited by arisholm; 02-28-2018 at 03:55 PM.
post #2083 of 3013 Old 02-28-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
So you think i need to remove the plugs then? I have the bw db1 as my subwoofer.
I believe you posted that the bass was bloated with the ports open so keep them plugged. Have you already experimented with higher crossover frequencies (ports open)?

What speakers? Did they come with the port plugs?
post #2084 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Observations after firmware update??
post #2085 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I bought Roon, which btw seems quite nice, and just hooked it up to a "Roon ready" Bluesound Node2 with coax into the MP50. Soo convenient although neither Roon nor the Node2 fully deliver on its promise of doing the first unfold of MQA (long off topic story ...) Anyway, then I thought, let's see what the computer audio guys are up to. So I ended up ordering this small Roon-ready and Audirvana approved Ethernet->USB streaming gadget that many people rave about, which I will connect to the USB input of the MP50. I hope the end result will be: very convenient streaming from both Audirvana and Roon and perhaps even better sound quality than with the Node2 because of all the magic that this little box with a decent power supply is supposed to do in terms of buffering and cleaning up the USB output signal quality...
As an engineer who has worked with digital audio, I suspect that I just bought snake-oil for 700 USD... but I thought let's try... Perhaps the USB input of the MP-50 so well designed that there is no point with gadgets like this (in terms of SQ, not in terms of convenience which is more obvious)? Anyone with experiences? If not I will gladly share mine once I get some. The gadget is this one: http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

cheers
I own Bluesound PowerNode 2s and, when I had DACs with USB, I also owned a microRendu for a while. I used it when I had a Chord DAVE - I've since gone back to Linn and have a Klimax DSM.

At any rate, my experience with it was mostly positive and, while it did seem to improve the SQ, I liked the SQ that I got with the SOtM products better. Ultimately, though, I don't like USB for DACs (need too many gadgets upstream of the DAC IMO) and went back to Linn streamers.

I didn't have the Bluesound stuff at the time, so I can't comment on if they are better than the microRendu. That said, at least one DAC manufacturer (Schiit) was of the opinion that coax is better than USB (I used to own a Yggdrasil prior to the DAVE), so I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on coax vs USB.

As an aside, I don't own a MP-50, still using a Classe SSP-800 for HT and a dedicated 2-channel preamp for my Linn DSM.

ChrisG
Seattle, WA

Last edited by 7ryder; 03-01-2018 at 02:18 PM.
post #2086 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ryder View Post
Ultimately, though, I don't like USB for DACs (need too many gadgets upstream of the DAC IMO) and went back to Linn streamers.
This was my experience as well but with an SMS-200. Liked the SoTM but felt that USB was too much of an upgrade treadmill so I got a Bryston BDP-1 and sold it. Haven't regretted it once.
post #2087 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

cheers
I used a DIY Intel NUC kit and used it as a streamer to the USB input of the Lyngdorf. Also used the Sonore Microrendu. Then just used the Roon interface on the IPAD. Worked great.
post #2088 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjo100 View Post
I used a DIY Intel NUC kit and used it as a streamer to the USB input of the Lyngdorf. Also used the Sonore Microrendu. Then just used the Roon interface on the IPAD. Worked great.
I trust your judgement, you seem very knowledgeable to me. ;-)

ChrisG
Seattle, WA
post #2089 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I trust your judgement, you seem very knowledgeable to me. ;-)
LOL we haven't both posted on AVS since the Classe SSP-800 days.
post #2090 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjo100 View Post
LOL we haven't both posted on AVS since the Classe SSP-800 days.
I know...we just trade 90+ emails about audio stuff now and then!

ChrisG
Seattle, WA
post #2091 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Hi! Do you have problems with mp get stuck when you try to save when you change in the videosetting and then it says unknown model on your tv? It does here. But when i do it true the browser i dont have problem. Anything you have a problem with or have heard of it. I hope its nothing wrong with my mp50. I just got it today
post #2092 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I believe you posted that the bass was bloated with the ports open so keep them plugged. Have you already experimented with higher crossover frequencies (ports open)?

What speakers? Did they come with the port plugs?
I have the Dali Epicon 6 as my front. No the don't come as ported i put my self some sponge in the ports. But mabey i dont need it at all with roomperfect? I have a weird problem. I got m y mp50 today. I was looking in teh videosetting. I wanted to change the resolution for the hdmi input 3 and tried to save it also. But when i do that the mp50 get stucked. I then need to push the setupbutton to get to the source agian. But when i try to get to the setup agian it only says "unkown model" on my tv. I also tried thrue the browser on my computer and it does the same Have you heard of that problem and do you think anything can be wrong with the unit?
post #2093 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I own Bluesound PowerNode 2s and, when I had DACs with USB, I also owned a microRendu for a while. I used it when I had a Chord DAVE - I've since gone back to Linn and have a Klimax DSM.

At any rate, my experience with it was mostly positive and, while it did seem to improve the SQ, I liked the SQ that I got with the SOtM products better. Ultimately, though, I don't like USB for DACs (need too many gadgets upstream of the DAC IMO) and went back to Linn streamers.

I didn't have the Bluesound stuff at the time, so I can't comment on if they are better than the microRendu. That said, at least one DAC manufacturer (Schiit) was of the opinion that coax is better than USB (I used to own a Yggdrasil prior to the DAVE), so I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on coax vs USB.

As an aside, I don't own a MP-50, still using a Classe SSP-800 for HT and a dedicated 2-channel preamp for my Linn DSM.
Thanks! I will definitely compare the Node (coax) and microRendu (USB) on the MP50 (the differences cannot possibly be very large but it will be interesting to A/B, and quite easy since Roon can stream to both at the same time with possibilities for level matching, so I should be able to switch quickly...)
Never heard about SOtM before but I see they have interesting stuff too... oh well, too late for that

post #2094 of 3013 Old 03-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I have the Dali Epicon 6 as my front. No the don't come as ported i put my self some sponge in the ports. But mabey i dont need it at all with roomperfect?
On the Dalis I would not plug the ports. Just leave 2-3" between the port exit and the wall and set speaker size to M (80Hz).
Quote:
I have a weird problem. I got my mp50 today. I was looking in teh videosetting. I wanted to change the resolution for the hdmi input 3 and tried to save it also. But when i do that the mp50 get stucked. I then need to push the setupbutton to get to the source agian. But when i try to get to the setup agian it only says "unkown model" on my tv. I also tried thrue the browser on my computer and it does the same Have you heard of that problem and do you think anything can be wrong with the unit?
I'm not sure what you did, nor what you were trying to do.

Don't change the video settings under the inputs unless you are troubleshooting issues with HDR. You can set the video settings of the outputs or set them to full bypass. I suggest factory defaulting and starting over. If you saved the config prior to the issues then revert to that config before resorting to factory default.
post #2095 of 3013 Old 03-02-2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
On the Dalis I would not plug the ports. Just leave 2-3" between the port exit and the wall and set speaker size to M (80Hz).

I'm not sure what you did, nor what you were trying to do.

Don't change the video settings under the inputs unless you are troubleshooting issues with HDR. You can set the video settings of the outputs or set them to full bypass. I suggest factory defaulting and starting over. If you saved the config prior to the issues then revert to that config before resorting to factory default.
Hi agian! I have an older tv that is hd and its from 2009. It has HDCP 1.4 and i also wanted to change the resolution from the mp50 so it will only send the resolution that my tv can show I wanted to change the hdcp because i get a white or sometimes blue picture when i i wanted to go to the setupmeny on the mp50 and short a sec or so when i power up my blue-ray player. What du you mean also with the 2-3" when it comes to the distance between my speaker and the wall, is that inches? Couldn't i also the the crossovers as custom?
post #2096 of 3013 Old 03-02-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Hi agian! I have an older tv that is hd and its from 2009. It has HDCP 1.4 and i also wanted to change the resolution from the mp50 so it will only send the resolution that my tv can show I wanted to change the hdcp because i get a white or sometimes blue picture when i i wanted to go to the setupmeny on the mp50 and short a sec or so when i power up my blue-ray player.
HDCP 2.2 will fall-back to 1.4. You don't need to hard-set it (you can but don't change any other settings in that menu). All you need you need to do is set Video Output Preferred Resolution to 1080p. After you make these changes, let me know if you still get the blue screen when trying to activate the installers menu on the TV.
Quote:
What du you mean also with the 2-3" when it comes to the distance between my speaker and the wall, is that inches?
The Dalis are designed to be used with the ports open. Just leave the ports a little room to breathe, 2-3 inches (" means inches, ' means feet) from the wall.
Quote:
Couldn't i also the the crossovers as custom?
Yes, of course.
post #2097 of 3013 Old 03-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
HDCP 2.2 will fall-back to 1.4. You don't need to hard-set it (you can but don't change any other settings in that menu). All you need you need to do is set Video Output Preferred Resolution to 1080p. After you make these changes, let me know if you still get the blue screen when trying to activate the installers menu on the TV.
The Dalis are designed to be used with the ports open. Just leave the ports a little room to breathe, 2-3 inches (" means inches, ' means feet) from the wall. Yes, of course.
sorry mabey i was not clear when i get the bluescreen. I have the bluescreen all time before i got a source on and just a sek before i want get in to the setupmeny or it can be a white picture. Damn my mp50 still get stucked if i want to change anything in the video input settings. I then need to restart the mp50 otherwise i cant get in to the setupmeny

Last edited by Joey_; 03-02-2018 at 02:12 PM.
post #2098 of 3013 Old 03-02-2018, 02:13 PM

@Joey_ Please try proofreading your posts before you submit to ensure that you are conveying your experience clearly (maybe even read out loud). Your posts have been difficult to read and understand.

Use the web interface until everything is setup properly on your MP-50. Then explain the scenarios in which you get white or blue screens when trying to bring up the installer menu on the TV.
post #2099 of 3013 Old 03-02-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
@Joey_ Please try proofreading your posts before you submit to ensure that you are conveying your experience clearly (maybe even read out loud). Your posts have been difficult to read and understand.

Use the web interface until everything is setup properly on your MP-50. Then explain the scenarios in which you get white or blue screens when trying to bring up the installer menu on the TV.
sorry. I have bluescreen all the time when i have the mp50 connected to my tv. But when start a source for instance a blue-ray movie the bluscreen disappear . I got the bluescreen or the whitescreen when i tried to get into the setupmenu but that last only an sec or so and it will disappear. The thing that bothers me the most is that i cant change anything in video output setting because when i try to save the new settings, the mp50 get stucked and need to push the setupbutton so i can see or change to a source. But to get into the setupmenu agian i need first to restart the mp50 because it will the "unkown model" on my tv.
post #2100 of 3013 Old 03-02-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:

sorry. I have bluescreen all the time when i have the mp50 connected to my tv. But when start a source for instance a blue-ray movie the bluscreen disappear . I got the bluescreen or the whitescreen when i tried to get into the setupmenu but that last only an sec or so and it will disappear. The thing that bothers me the most is that i cant change anything in video output setting because when i try to save the new settings, the mp50 get stucked and need to push the setupbutton so i can see or change to a source. But to get into the setupmenu agian i need first to restart the mp50 because it will the "unknown model" on my tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
lyngdorf , mp-50 , owner's , processor , surround

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page