Originally Posted by tabdelgawad
Would the C338 be sufficient to drive a pair of ELAC UB5 speakers? Any reason the D7050 would be preferable? The D7050 is currently more expensive but the advantage is not clear.
I should think so - I just got the C338 to drive a pair of UB4s, and it's power aplenty. I can't figure out the differences between the D7050 and C338, but note that the C338 has limited settings/functionality. For example, there are no crossover filter settings for subwoofer out (believe the D7050 has them). Sub filter crossover at 100Hz I believe. Not much settings available to change on NAD Remote. A local dealer (who reviewed both) mentioned the C338 is more powerful than the D3020.
My set got updated, and the latest firmware is at 1.48. Some comments:
- Spotify Connect works perfectly. Did a A/B test on Spotify between Spotify Connect and a Toslink input from my desktop DAC (Fostex HP-A4), no differences at all. So at least the wireless streaming isn't shortchanging things. No discernable difference between Chromecast and Spotify Connect options.
- The digital amps run pretty cool, although I'm probably not pushing things to the limit.
- Volume steps on Spotify Connect is non linear. Each step hits > 59/54/47/42/36/31/24/19 dB. Know that dB isn't linear, but this makes it pretty unusable.
- No 2sec lag on Spotify Connect, unlike the C368s on BluOS.
- Chromecast functionality needs a bit of work - functionality was a little wonky at times. Had to stop playback before casting a new source. But it's the same for the Google Chromecasts.