Pre out receiver ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By zorax2
  • 1 Post By yanks1
  • 1 Post By bigguyca
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
mig7979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: new jersey east coast
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Pre out receiver ?

Hello guys hope everyone is having a fabulous friday, so i bought a denon x2300w to realize it doesn't have pre out so i'm thinking of returning the item because i will like to have that option. So the question is do i have to return it to get one with that option or is there a way around it if i want to add an amp in the near future.
mig7979 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
zorax2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 646
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 348
You'll need to return it. The Denon X3300 will give you preouts and a better version of Audyssey (XT32) as well.
eljaycanuck and mig7979 like this.

7.2.4 with Denon X4300W, ATI 2005 & 1807 Amps, Kef Reference 203 Mains, 202c Ctr, 201 Surr, Ci200RR-THX Top Rears, Q300 Frt Hts, E301 Rear Surr, Power Sound Audio PSA dual S3600i Subs,
GIK & DIY Acoustics, JVC X790/RS540 Projector, Stewart Neve 100" Screen, Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-UB900, Xbox One X, Crowson Transducers, INSTEON, UDI ISY994i, Amazon Echo
zorax2 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Myrtle Beach area, SC
Posts: 2,207
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 843
yep, return
mig7979 likes this.
yanks1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
mig7979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: new jersey east coast
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorax2 View Post
You'll need to return it. The Denon X3300 will give you preouts and a better version of Audyssey (XT32) as well.


Yeah that's what I'm thinking


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mig7979 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,626
Mentioned: 758 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22923 Post(s)
Liked: 12542
The Denon X3300W is the lowest model with any main zone pre-outs, while on the Marantz side, the slim-line models NR1506/1607 both have FL/FR pre-outs while the SR5011 is the lowest model with a full set of 7.2 pre-outs.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bigguyca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Turkestan
Posts: 1,880
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1195 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig7979 View Post
Hello guys hope everyone is having a fabulous friday, so i bought a denon x2300w to realize it doesn't have pre out so i'm thinking of returning the item because i will like to have that option. So the question is do i have to return it to get one with that option or is there a way around it if i want to add an amp in the near future.
If you are interested in Yamaha then Costco.com has a unit with pre outs for less than $500.

https://www.costco.com/Yamaha-TSR-78...100308760.html
mig7979 likes this.
bigguyca is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 02-18-2017, 12:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig7979 View Post
Hello guys hope everyone is having a fabulous friday, so i bought a denon x2300w to realize it doesn't have pre out so i'm thinking of returning the item because i will like to have that option. So the question is do i have to return it to get one with that option or is there a way around it if i want to add an amp in the near future.
If you don't care for full 7.2channel preouts and only listen to music in 2channel stereo. Just use zone 2 preouts, set the volume control on it to variable, connect external amp to zone 2 L/R preouts, done. The only thing is zone 2 preouts don't have any bass/treble or bass management controls. Also, the sound quality is not as clean as main zone for some reason. I am currently using zone 2 preouts from my denon avr x1100w to feed a pair of KRK rokit8 G3 studio monitor speakers. Zone 2 on these lower end units don't support digital audio signals from HDMI, coaxial, or optical. The only audio that's supported are analog, network streaming, and USB.

I suggest returning the avr x2300 and getting the avr x3300. The avr x3300 has full 7.2channel preouts and also the better audyssey xt32 I believe.

Word of advice, Yamaha receivers have very weak preout Vrms output. I've tested several units and the zone 2 preouts on all of them produce stronger signal output than the main 7.2 preouts. Yamahas usually clip/unit shuts-off right after reaching 2Vrms, while most denons/marantz/pioneer units I've tested can do much better. Higher Vrms means stronger audio signal going into your external amplifier to fully drive/max out the amplifier's potential. Having more Vrms headroom is a good thing, just like having more wattage headroom is a good thing. When you need it, it's there.

Last edited by nbp_civic; 02-18-2017 at 12:12 AM.
nbp_civic is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2017, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
mig7979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: new jersey east coast
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbp_civic View Post
If you don't care for full 7.2channel preouts and only listen to music in 2channel stereo. Just use zone 2 preouts, set the volume control on it to variable, connect external amp to zone 2 L/R preouts, done. The only thing is zone 2 preouts don't have any bass/treble or bass management controls. Also, the sound quality is not as clean as main zone for some reason. I am currently using zone 2 preouts from my denon avr x1100w to feed a pair of KRK rokit8 G3 studio monitor speakers. Zone 2 on these lower end units don't support digital audio signals from HDMI, coaxial, or optical. The only audio that's supported are analog, network streaming, and USB.

I suggest returning the avr x2300 and getting the avr x3300. The avr x3300 has full 7.2channel preouts and also the better audyssey xt32 I believe.

Word of advice, Yamaha receivers have very weak preout Vrms output. I've tested several units and the zone 2 preouts on all of them produce stronger signal output than the main 7.2 preouts. Yamahas usually clip/unit shuts-off right after reaching 2Vrms, while most denons/marantz/pioneer units I've tested can do much better. Higher Vrms means stronger audio signal going into your external amplifier to fully drive/max out the amplifier's potential. Having more Vrms headroom is a good thing, just like having more wattage headroom is a good thing. When you need it, it's there.


Thanks for the info I'm looking n the process of returning so I can get the right one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mig7979 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off