Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2017, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon AVR-X2100W problems.

Fellow forum members,

I have had my AVR-X2100W for some time. Recently, I upgraded both my TV and BD player to 4K. For the last couple of months the AVR-X2100W has worked fine while connected to both the 4K TV and 4K BD player. Until now...

You see, for some reason I am now no longer getting either a picture or even a menu display on my TV. I'm getting audio, but no picture.

I've checked all the connections and everything is fine.

Not only am I not getting a picture from both my Sky HD and 4K BD player, I'm also not getting a menu display when I press the buttons on the remote control. And I mean nothing. Nothing at all.

And I've tried everything. All the connections are inserted correctly and there isn't a problem with sound. And the unit was working perfectly fine yesterday with no issues whatsoever.

My TV is a 4K Samsung UE65KU6500 model and my BD player is a 4K Samsung UBD-K8500.

Again, the AVR-X2100W was worked fine connected to these two 4K devices perfectly fine for the last two months without any issues. But for some reason, I now get no picture from either the TV or BD player and no display when I select menu from the AVR-X2100W remote.

I know the TV works perfectly well because I get a display when I select anything from the TV's remote control.

So what's going on? Why all if a sudden am I getting audio but no picture? Why am I not even getting a menu display from the AVR-X2100W?

Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-26-2017, 02:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22589 Post(s)
Liked: 12293
Important to note that the X2100W cannot pass a 4k/HDCP 2.2 signal from a 4k BDP, rather instead you would need to use the dual HDMI outputs from the BDP, passing the video to the TV and the audio to the AVR.

Also note, the X2100W is discussed in the following Owner's thread --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...hread-faq.html
post #3 of 8 Old 02-26-2017, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Important to note that the X2100W cannot pass a 4k/HDCP 2.2 signal from a 4k BDP, rather instead you would need to use the dual HDMI outputs from the BDP, passing the video to the TV and the audio to the AVR.

Also note, the X2100W is discussed in the following Owner's thread --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...hread-faq.html
Yeah, sorry. Forgot to mention I had already done that when I first set it up a couple of months ago. Didn't have a problem, and it was all working fine untill yesterday. Now it's just suddenly stopped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-26-2017, 03:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22589 Post(s)
Liked: 12293
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Yeah, sorry. Forgot to mention I had already done that when I first set it up a couple of months ago. Didn't have a problem, and it was all working fine untill yesterday. Now it's just suddenly stopped.
Done what? If you are passing the video from the BDP to the TV as suggested, then any video issue would be BDP related (not AVR), not to mention, as the video is not passing through the AVR, there would be no Denon GUI/menu displayed either.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-26-2017, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Done what? If you are passing the video from the BDP to the TV as suggested, then any video issue would be BDP related (not AVR), not to mention, as the video is not passing through the AVR, there would be no Denon GUI/menu displayed either.
Like d in the first post, I haven't had any problems for the last two months they have all been connected and everything has worked fine.

It's only since last night that I've had this issue.

Also, if there was a problem with how my BD player is connected - which there isn't because it's been connected to the Denon since the end of December 2016 without any problems - that wouldn't explain why I'm also not getting a picture from my Sky HD.

Last edited by themaninblack; 02-26-2017 at 05:52 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-26-2017, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 547
First did you do a power off reset, unplug the unit from the wall for at least 10min. If that didn't work make sure you try a firmware reset directions should be in your manuel. Discription sounds like a firmware crash.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #7 of 8 Old 02-26-2017, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 223
try a different hdmi cable between the denon and the tv
borrow one from the 4k player and see if the sky hd will work

Audyssey is a great start, but not always a great finish.
Receiver:Marantz SR-7012, Speakers:Def Tech ST-8060 towers, CS-8040 center, SR-8040 surrounds, Pro Monitor 1000 heights
Subwoofer: SVS PB-2000
TV: 65" LG UG8700 remote: Harmony 1000
post #8 of 8 Old 02-27-2017, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I turned everything off and unplugged it from the wall over-night. I don't know what's happened, but it's all working fine again now.

Thank you all for your kind help and suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page