The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha TSR-5810/RX-V581 Owner's thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 52Likes

post #61 of 166 Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomAwakens View Post
New update anyone? I got the 2.56 Ver firmware update . Does anyone know what it is about?
Which receiver do you have?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 166 Old 05-15-2018, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenrus25 View Post
Which receiver do you have?

RXV- 581 , European model! I got the updte today! Previously i had the 1.17. The new update was a big one, it was updating for half an hour.
post #63 of 166 Old 05-15-2018, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomAwakens View Post
RXV- 581 , European model! I got the updte today! Previously i had the 1.17. The new update was a big one, it was updating for half an hour.
Same here. They always take ages though. No idea what its for. Probably just bug fixes? However seems big jump from 1.17 to 2.56 - DV support?

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 06:57 AM

Liked: 22
No DV support. I believe they previously said the chips they have in these receivers don't support DV so it'd never be an option.

They've updated the notes on the website:
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updat...10_rxa660.html

This firmware includes 

1. To be compatible with MusicCast 2018 models

2. Stability Improvement

ChromeJob likes this.
post #65 of 166 Old 06-26-2018, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just bought one and am unable to get it to display anything to my TCL R615 on HDMI 3 (ARC). I purchased this unit hoping to replace my old yamaha as it did not support 4k and cut down on cables run to the TV, and this refurb unit does not seem do be displaying anything when my xbox is turned on. I can hear sound but again, nothing displays. My guess is that the HDMI out on this receiver is bad.
post #66 of 166 Old 06-26-2018, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2178 Post(s)
Liked: 1129
I'm guessing that you're guessing right.

But still try all the troubleshooting things. Read manual; look in troubleshooting section. Check cables, swap if able. Perform factory reset in case refurb unit is left in some special setting.

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
post #67 of 166 Old 07-05-2018, 02:46 PM

Liked: 19
As previously stated, try another HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV. On my unit I had a similar problem. For me a new cable and then a receiver reset fixed it.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #68 of 166 Old 07-12-2018, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TSR-5810 zone 2 inputs

Hello all,
I am considering buying this amp but I have an important need. I use zone 2 for ceiling speakers that are mounted throughout my house. I have found that most of the amps I've dealt with in the past, the inputs that you can output to zone 2 are limited to analog inputs. I need to be able to output from an HDMI input (sending TV audio from my Roku box throughout the house) Does anyone know if this one has this limitation or has someone finally come up with an amp you can output what ever you want to? The manual is unclear.

Thank you,

John
post #69 of 166 Old 07-14-2018, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Yamaha RX-V581, P.A. TSi300, CS10 with muffled dialog

Not sure if this is a AV question or a speaker question, so please bear with me...

I bought a Yamaha RX-V581 and Polk Audio TSi300 & CS10 speakers. So far, the set up is good for radio and music. The sound effects are great. But when it comes to movies, I never feel like the dialog is clear enough. I end up turning the volume way down and prefer the TV speakers over this set up, which is kinda disappointing. I have changed the program and some are better than others for TV dialog, but nothing crystal clear. The TV speaker is always clearer than my AV setup.

Am I missing an AV setting that make dialog much clearer? (Treble @ 99%, Bass @ 1%)
I thought the CS10 would be clear enough, should I splurge and get a set of bookshelf speakers?

Thanks in advance!
Thad
[email protected] likes this.
post #70 of 166 Old 07-15-2018, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ideally, left, center, and right speakers should be matched, or identical. The center channel often gets more of a workout with dialog-intensive or older monophonic movies (if you use PL II and put the soundtrack on the center). You can use PL II Music or Dolby Surround and adjust the center width to use the sides to reinforce a bit, but I still recommend matched speakers.

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
post #71 of 166 Old 07-16-2018, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
2.58 update

I updated my yahama tsr 5810 to the lastest firmware update, and now it won't show dolby atmos went playing a atmos movie, it just show dolby surround, where it use to show dolby atmos, using the option button it will show dolby atmos, but when I return out it goes to surround, did this change come from the 2.58 update?
post #72 of 166 Old 07-16-2018, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster2001 View Post
I updated my yahama tsr 5810 to the lastest firmware update, and now it won't show dolby atmos went playing a atmos movie, it just show dolby surround, where it use to show dolby atmos, using the option button it will show dolby atmos, but when I return out it goes to surround, did this change come from the 2.58 update?
Tried cycling through the INFO button on your remote?

post #73 of 166 Old 07-16-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
do not have info button on remote have option button and shows input as dolby atmos but when i get out of option the receiver goes back to surround sound mode on the receiver where it use to say dolby atmos,
post #74 of 166 Old 07-17-2018, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster2001 View Post
do not have info button on remote have option button and shows input as dolby atmos but when i get out of option the receiver goes back to surround sound mode on the receiver where it use to say dolby atmos,
My bad. It's on the front panel. See pages 9, 47 in your OM. It can help you if you download the manual as a PDF, which you can search on a computer or tablet.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...downloads.html

post #75 of 166 Old 07-17-2018, 03:04 PM

Thanks

The info button did the trick ,it show dolby atmos now, thanks
post #76 of 166 Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked: 601
I just got the TSR-5810 refurb. It works fine, but how do I put this into night mode--where I can hear the dialogue ok, but the background bass, etc. are much quieter? Thanks.
post #77 of 166 Old 08-12-2018, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Winn View Post
Hello all,
I am considering buying this amp but I have an important need. I use zone 2 for ceiling speakers that are mounted throughout my house. I have found that most of the amps I've dealt with in the past, the inputs that you can output to zone 2 are limited to analog inputs. I need to be able to output from an HDMI input (sending TV audio from my Roku box throughout the house) Does anyone know if this one has this limitation or has someone finally come up with an amp you can output what ever you want to? The manual is unclear.

Thank you,

John
I believe the 5810 only supports analog inputs for zone b. I've tried to do the same with my Apple TV, using HDMI connections and stream music to my back yard for parties and it will not work. Good luck.
post #78 of 166 Old 08-12-2018, 11:20 PM

Apple TV on Yamaha TSR 5810

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to listen to my Apple Music, thru Apple TV box connected to my TSR 5810 then to my Vizio 65' tv, without the TV being on. With the TV on and my TSR 5810 receiver set to the HDMI for my Apple TV, the house is rocking!! Then, when I need to get going around the house and not be planted in front of the TV, I'd like to be able to shut off the TV, but when I do, the music stops too. Is there a work around for this? All the components are HDMI connected only. Thanks for any help.
post #79 of 166 Old 08-13-2018, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkeg View Post
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to listen to my Apple Music, thru Apple TV box connected to my TSR 5810 then to my Vizio 65' tv, without the TV being on. With the TV on and my TSR 5810 receiver set to the HDMI for my Apple TV, the house is rocking!! Then, when I need to get going around the house and not be planted in front of the TV, I'd like to be able to shut off the TV, but when I do, the music stops too. Is there a work around for this? All the components are HDMI connected only. Thanks for any help.
Do you mean the AVR and Apple TV go into standby when you turn off the TV?

Turn off HDMI-CEC on the TV.

post #80 of 166 Old 08-13-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I believe the 5810 only supports analog inputs for zone b. I've tried to do the same with my Apple TV, using HDMI connections and stream music to my back yard for parties and it will not work. Good luck.
What is wrong with these manufacturers, limiting the second zone to analog inputs? So limiting and really makes it hard to work around. I ended up having to get an optical to analog converter, and used the optical output on the TV, back to the amps zone 2 inputs.
post #81 of 166 Old 08-13-2018, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2250 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
^^doesn't Party Mode cover that?

Afro GT
post #82 of 166 Old 08-13-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Do you mean the AVR and Apple TV go into standby when you turn off the TV?

Turn off HDMI-CEC on the TV.
I turned off the HDMI - CEC, and now I can listen to Apple Music on my Apple TV without the TV being on. Thanks for the help. I’ve had to put up with that frustration for over a year now. What is the CEC anyway? Thanks again!!!!
post #83 of 166 Old 08-18-2018, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha TSR-5810/RX-V581 Owner's thread

Quote:
What is the CEC anyway? Thanks again!!!!
HDMI-CEC is well described in this thread if you search for it, or you can read the Wikipedia explanation. Either way, search is your friend. (I believe it’s also described in the 5810 manual.)

post #84 of 166 Old 09-12-2018, 03:57 AM

Guys help!
I've a strange problem.. I'll try to explain.
The problem is about the wifi icon on the display of the AV.
When I turn off the V581 the display completely shut down but I remember that the wifi icon was the only thing that remain on...
Am I wrong? What happen to yours v581 when you turn it off?
By the way the wifi works fine but I'm unable to find the av with music cast until I switch it on...if I'm not wrong, days ago (with the icon of the wifi on the screen, even if the av was off) I was able to play music and turn the av on automatically by using my phone....Thanks guys, hope I've explained my problem
post #85 of 166 Old 09-18-2018, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolfD4ny View Post
Guys help!
I've a strange problem.. I'll try to explain.
The problem is about the wifi icon on the display of the AV.
When I turn off the V581 the display completely shut down but I remember that the wifi icon was the only thing that remain on...
Am I wrong? What happen to yours v581 when you turn it off?
By the way the wifi works fine but I'm unable to find the av with music cast until I switch it on...if I'm not wrong, days ago (with the icon of the wifi on the screen, even if the av was off) I was able to play music and turn the av on automatically by using my phone....Thanks guys, hope I've explained my problem
Read in your owner's manual about "Network standby," which should be an option under settings. That determines if the AVR stays on the network so it can be activated by the web, mobile AV Controller app, or other connections.

post #86 of 166 Old 10-01-2018, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi, i'm very confused with the virtual surround back feature. My main problem is that i can't even find the setting . The official rx-v581 yamaha page https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...l#product-tabs says that my receiver supports virtual presence speakers and virtual surround back speakers.
Yamaha AV controller app (DSP advanced menu) does not allow me to make any changes to the virtual surround back feature, it's deactivated no mattert what dsp program i choose. In some dsp programs e.g. spectacle i can change the "presence" setting and the "Surround" setting only. None of the dsp allows me to interfere with the vsbs. I have a 5.1 system. Is it the problem? Do i need to have presence speakers connected in order to activate the virtual surround back feature? I usually watch movies in straight mode but i think it could be a good idea to test some dsp modes in 7.1 movies in my 5.1 system with the virtual surround back feature. I think that the information that was suposed to go to the real suround back speakers in a 7.1 system goes to both surround side speakers in a 5.1 system in order to achieve a phantom back center soundfield.

Last edited by VenomAwakens; 10-01-2018 at 08:59 AM.
post #87 of 166 Old 10-02-2018, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I searched around a bit but didn't find this -- is there a way I can (without the standard remote control) remotely control my TSR-5810 to turn on and select "Pandora" as the source? I can't find anything to select Pandora in the AV Controller app. I found some possible stuff in HomeAssistant that might work out, but I haven't yet implemented it.
post #88 of 166 Old 10-06-2018, 01:46 PM

I have a RX-v581 and just upgraded to the 2.59 firmware over the network.. and it won't turn on after the update. I downloaded the firmware from Yamaha's website and put it on a USB drive to update it that way, and it still doesn't turn on after the update.

I guess 2.59 firmware is busted? But how can I get the older firmware? It's not on Yamaha's website.

Edit: I found 1.16 firmware on Softpedia, and was able to bring the receiver back to life with it. Hopefully it can help anyone else who took the 2.59 update: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/au...are-1-16.shtml

Last edited by sgilani; 10-06-2018 at 03:26 PM.
post #89 of 166 Old 10-06-2018, 07:58 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgilani View Post
I have a RX-v581 and just upgraded to the 2.59 firmware over the network.. and it won't turn on after the update. I downloaded the firmware from Yamaha's website and put it on a USB drive to update it that way, and it still doesn't turn on after the update.

I guess 2.59 firmware is busted? But how can I get the older firmware? It's not on Yamaha's website.

Edit: I found 1.16 firmware on Softpedia, and was able to bring the receiver back to life with it. Hopefully it can help anyone else who took the 2.59 update: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/au...are-1-16.shtml
Yikes, I feel lucky. Before I saw this I had a note on the Yamaha ios app saying that an update was available so I applied it via the network. My unit updated and seems fine.
post #90 of 166 Old 10-14-2018, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHome View Post
I searched around a bit but didn't find this -- is there a way I can (without the standard remote control) remotely control my TSR-5810 to turn on and select "Pandora" as the source? I can't find anything to select Pandora in the AV Controller app. I found some possible stuff in HomeAssistant that might work out, but I haven't yet implemented it.
On the AV Controller app it is in the “input” option. You can choose from any of your input source options there.
ChromeJob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
1080 , arc sound sony yamaha , dark , hdmi 2.0 , v581

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page