Owner's thread for the Sony STR-DN1080 AVR - Page 94 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2206Likes

post #2791 of 2797 Old 08-13-2019, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grolschie View Post
I see that the PS4 handles audio much like the Xbox One. I would set it to 7.1 LPCM if you are leaving your receiver in 7.1 config. Or 5.1 LPCM if leaving it configured for 5.1.2.

The Blu-Ray player (separate setting) should be set to bitstream.
So I downloaded Uncharted 4 which has full audio setting control and it is outputting to all 7 speakers. Despite 7.1, it is also outputting Atmos sound which I wasn't aware it did so I think I may possibly be close to getting my set up right. Hopefully, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2797 Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Stuck on update - Sony STR-DN1080

Hello everyone,

Have a big problem with my STR-DN1080! Before couple of months, i was updating the receiver, had problem with the electricity ( AC shortage ) and the update was broken and stucked at 81%!!! After that the receiver is broken, it flashing on the screen updating and the number of 81%, or to say it is half dead! Have send it to service, they said because of the termination of the updating, the motherboard of the receiver should be changed! How stupid, but the producers are doing this on purpose, to repair the new receiver and to buy spare parts for nothing! ( the motherboard costs more than 250 EUR or 280 USD! )

Can somebody help me about this? Can i enter in the receiver by IP address or something? Please help!

Thanks,

Dejan
post #2793 of 2797 Old 08-14-2019, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Andonov View Post
Hello everyone,

Have a big problem with my STR-DN1080! Before couple of months, i was updating the receiver, had problem with the electricity ( AC shortage ) and the update was broken and stucked at 81%!!! After that the receiver is broken, it flashing on the screen updating and the number of 81%, or to say it is half dead! Have send it to service, they said because of the termination of the updating, the motherboard of the receiver should be changed! How stupid, but the producers are doing this on purpose, to repair the new receiver and to buy spare parts for nothing! ( the motherboard costs more than 250 EUR or 280 USD! )

Can somebody help me about this? Can i enter in the receiver by IP address or something? Please help!

Thanks,

Dejan
Most likely the chip storing the firmware on the motherboard needs to be reflashed. It's much easier to just replace the whole motherboard than to flash firmware onto the chip manually unfortunately.

When the receiver is functioning, you can access a very limited number of functions via a web browser. From memory, firmware update is one of these.

-
StrRemote Pro for Sony STR-DN1080 (Android) |
Sony STR-DN1080 | Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo 3 |
Xbox One S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2794 of 2797 Old 08-14-2019, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 92
If you still can access the AVR via browser, you can try to upload new firmware from there:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 08.16.45.png
Views:	23
Size:	533.0 KB
ID:	2603102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-15 at 08.16.39.png
Views:	22
Size:	597.9 KB
ID:	2603104  
post #2795 of 2797 Old 08-15-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grolschie View Post
Most likely the chip storing the firmware on the motherboard needs to be reflashed. It's much easier to just replace the whole motherboard than to flash firmware onto the chip manually unfortunately.

When the receiver is functioning, you can access a very limited number of functions via a web browser. From memory, firmware update is one of these.
Thanks for the answer! Yes it is functioning, will try to access ( Just to find the right ip )

BR,

Dejan
post #2796 of 2797 Old 08-15-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priitv8 View Post
If you still can access the AVR via browser, you can try to upload new firmware from there:
Thanks for the tips, will try to do it! Just tell me what is the default IP address of the receiver?

BR,

Dejan
post #2797 of 2797 Old 08-15-2019, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan Andonov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by priitv8 View Post
Thanks for the tips, will try to do it! Just tell me what is the default IP address of the receiver?

BR,

Dejan
The default is automatic, so your router will assign it an IP. A program like AngryIP can scan your network for devices.

-
StrRemote Pro for Sony STR-DN1080 (Android) |
Sony STR-DN1080 | Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo 3 |
Xbox One S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
avr , back speakers no sound , dolby atmos , harmony , receiver advice , receiver setup , remote , Sony , str-dn1080 , sync , television , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page