Denon X6300H Flashing Red Light Help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-17-2017, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Denon X6300H Flashing Red Light Help

I've been in the middle of a Mini Home Theatre Build and tonight I am having issues with my new recent receiver purchase.

The unit has been installed now for about two weeks and has been performing well. Until this evening.

I wanted to crank up a concert that I have and the receiver would shutdown and power light just keeps on flashing.

According to the manual, there is a speaker wiring problem. If this was true, I think the receiver should of crapped out as soon as I powered it up.

I posted the behavior a short video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-18-2017, 12:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 718 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22177 Post(s)
Liked: 12041
If you have a loose speaker wire from one post touching another, the AVR generally won't go into protection mode until the AVR volume is raised higher, just as you are experiencing.

Also note, this model is discussed in the 2016 Denon AVR Owner's thread linked in my sig. Review posts 1-8 in that thread for additional helpful information.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-18-2017, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Auger View Post
I've been in the middle of a Mini Home Theatre Build and tonight I am having issues with my new recent receiver purchase.

The unit has been installed now for about two weeks and has been performing well. Until this evening.

I wanted to crank up a concert that I have and the receiver would shutdown and power light just keeps on flashing.

According to the manual, there is a speaker wiring problem. If this was true, I think the receiver should of crapped out as soon as I powered it up.

I posted the behavior a short video Youtube
Agree with jdsmoothie!. He is an SME in this area. I too had this happen on Thursday, with a receiver that has not moved in a year. I do have a couple of speaker cables without banana pugs, and would you know it, it was one of the four cables. I re-twisted them and tightened the knob, and the red light went away and all is well. I did order a few sets of banana plugs that should be in today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-18-2017, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Found a loosely threaded Banana Plug.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors