"OFFICIAL" 2017 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 132 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 136045Likes

post #3931 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Single Remote Command for SW1 Channel Level?

Hi,

I just got my new X3400H up & running, replacing a 10 year old 3808ci (man that thing was built like a tank!)

The 3808 had a remote option for my Harmony ONE to adjust the subwoofer channel level directly.

With the X3400 I have to go through Option / Channel Level and then arrow down to the SW1 level.

Is there any way to map this to a single control?

Thanks!

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains & VP100 Center, Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub, Phase Tech Surrounds & 2 Polk RC60i Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Axiom M2v3's, BIC 10" Sub.

Last edited by MarkyM; 03-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3932 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 23
New Denon AVR-X4400- need advice with atmos speakers

hi there. I'm awaiting delivery of a Denon X4400 (to replace a non-Atmos Marantz SR7008)- I can't wait to get it and install it and do the atmos setup..I all paradigm speakers and I want to do a 5.1.4 set up...I want to repurpose a pair of Paradigm bookshelf paradigm speaker micro v.4 as a pair in the Atmos setup and I will buy a pair of ELAC Debut A4 for the second Atmos set..
now my question is...since I already have the paradigm Micros mounted on the front wall as height speakers with the Marantz, should I assign these ones as the front Atmos (not sure what the options are since I'm new to Atmos)aimed at the MLP, and place the ELAC on top of the surrounds at the side/back of the room OR should I instead place the ELAC on top of the Paradigm Floorstanding speakers on the front and then move the bookshelf speakers to the centre of the room, on a shelf high on the wall on both sides of the MLP and aimed dow- I read somewhere that I could this (I don't have money to buy SVS elevation speakers). Which set up might work better for me? I want a 5.2.4 system to get the most out of my new AVR. The ceiling is flat and about 8-9 feet tall...

thanks for the help..
E

Samsung UN65KS8000 SUHD Quantum Dot LED 4K TV
Panasonic DP-UB820 4k & OPPO 103D-
Denon AVR-X4400h 5.2.4 atmos-with Paradigm: Monitor 7 v.6 for fronts, CC-390 v.6, Atoms v.7 Surrounds, Micros v.3 Front height and ELAC Debut A4 for back dolby.
SVS-PC12 NSD sub.Sony TC-K615S Dolby S cassette & Vintage JVC VS-DT6 CD player
post #3933 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
Hi,

I just got my new X3400H up & running, replacing a 10 year old 3803ci (man that thing was built like a tank!)

The 3808 had a remote option for my Harmony ONE to adjust the subwoofer channel level directly.

With the X3400 I have to go through Option / Channel Level and then arrow down to the SW1 level.

Is there any way to map this to a single control?

Thanks!
I’m not familiar with the 3803ci/8 is it a Denon? If so, did you try the old command and see if it’s still a valid direct command? On my 4400 I mis the direct control of the backlight that my Onkyo had, there is no direct command on the Harmony that I’ve found. Haven’t asked though.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3934 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
I’m not familiar with the 3803ci/8 is it a Denon? If so, did you try the old command and see if it’s still a valid direct command? On my 4400 I mis the direct control of the backlight that my Onkyo had, there is no direct command on the Harmony that I’ve found. Haven’t asked though.
Yep, its a Denon.

OK, I'll load the 3808 device back in and try it.

Thanks!
joe221 likes this.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains & VP100 Center, Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub, Phase Tech Surrounds & 2 Polk RC60i Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Axiom M2v3's, BIC 10" Sub.
post #3935 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeoblu View Post
hi there. I'm awaiting delivery of a Denon X4400 (to replace a non-Atmos Marantz SR7008)- I can't wait to get it and install it and do the atmos setup..I all paradigm speakers and I want to do a 5.1.4 set up...I want to repurpose a pair of Paradigm bookshelf paradigm speaker micro v.4 as a pair in the Atmos setup and I will buy a pair of ELAC Debut A4 for the second Atmos set..
now my question is...since I already have the paradigm Micros mounted on the front wall as height speakers with the Marantz, should I assign these ones as the front Atmos (not sure what the options are since I'm new to Atmos)aimed at the MLP, and place the ELAC on top of the surrounds at the side/back of the room OR should I instead place the ELAC on top of the Paradigm Floorstanding speakers on the front and then move the bookshelf speakers to the centre of the room, on a shelf high on the wall on both sides of the MLP and aimed dow- I read somewhere that I could this (I don't have money to buy SVS elevation speakers). Which set up might work better for me? I want a 5.2.4 system to get the most out of my new AVR. The ceiling is flat and about 8-9 feet tall...

thanks for the help..
E
I have a 9’ ceiling too but you generally measure from the speaker positioning to the ceiling for the setting. I got four of the Onkyo 410 ATMOS speakers, first two then two more as they may be discontinued and I wanted a matching set for the four speakers. I placed them on top I’m my main fronts and two surrounds, they fit. I uses a cellphone sticky pad to secure them from minor bumps. I’m very happy with them, sounds very full and rich.

I’m under the impression that there is ATMOS circuitry in the speakers as well as the amp and regular speakers don’t do it? I’m sure I’ll be learning something here.

Good luck with your setup. It’s worth it. My 4400 is so much better at ATMOS then my retired Onkyo 838.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B7A78715-A22A-43FD-9AE1-5B83773EEAC8.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2371832   Click image for larger version

Name:	69B536D8-8396-4928-BCCB-D705CEE52AF7.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	2371834  

Last edited by joe221; 03-07-2018 at 10:58 AM.
post #3936 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 11:28 AM

I wish i could afford 2 sets of Elac atmos speakers, but im also curious to see if the paradigm bookshelf speakers can function as atmos. Someone mentioned that the SVD elevations are modified bookshelf speakers. So maybe.
Good to hear u are getting great results with the bouncing method! I just cant place them on the ceiling. Im messing the living room a lot as is!
Thanks
joe221 likes this.

Denon AVR-X4400h 5.2.4 atmos-with Paradigm: Monitor 7 v.6 for fronts, CC-390 v.6, Atoms v.7 Surrounds, Micros v.3 Front height and ELAC Debut A4 for back dolby.
post #3937 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 701 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22012 Post(s)
Liked: 11935
Quote:

thanks for the help..
E
It's your setup so you can experiment with various speaker locations to determine which works best for you. However, the existing Paradigm speakers can be remain configured as Front Height L/R (just as they should be now using Dolby PLIIz) and the Elac A4 modules can be placed either on top of your current side surrounds or on their own speaker stands to the side or rear of the MLP.
post #3938 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help with the Denon S930H I just ordered and will be setting up this weekend. I'm finally making the move to 4k and love that I could get an affordable receiver with lots of inputs and pass through. I will be pairing this with a PS4 Pro, Roku Ultra, Xbox One S, and an Oppo Blu-ray player with a single HDMI to my Sony 940E. It'll power a 7.2 Klipsch Reference surround system.

Looking through the manual in advance there are a lot of audio and other options that I've never heard of (moving from an Onkyo THX) like Cinema EQ, Loudness Management, Room Size, Center Spread, Restorer, I/P Scaler, Video Mode, etc. I figure setting 4k to Enhanced and using Pass Through will bypass the video options, but what about the audio? I fully intend to use Audyssey (Any settings on or off for that? Dynamic Volume? Reference Level Offset?).

Just want to have a plan when I start setting things up. I know most of the options should be off as you want to hear what was intended, but thought I should reach out and see what advice may be out there. Thanks for any help you can provide!
post #3939 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It's your setup so you can experiment with various speaker locations to determine which works best for you. However, the existing Paradigm speakers can be remain configured as Front Height L/R (just as they should be now using Dolby PLIIz) and the Elac A4 modules can be placed either on top of your current side surrounds or on their own speaker stands to the side or rear of the MLP.
ok...I will try this set up...repurposing the current paradigm micros as the front Height Atmos and placing the ELAC on top of the surrounds...I'm hoping that this really gives me an improvement over my current 7.1 set up with the marantz.
thanks
E

post #3940 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else having issues with the S730H's most recent firmware and using Dolby Atmos via the Xbox One X? Using a prior firmware everything worked fine. Now it seems like the audio drops out when going between different types of content. That even includes different TV channels or from a game, to TV, to games. Muting and un-muting seems to fix it. No other audio functions or devices seem affected.

No big deal, right?

I bring it up because a similarly timed update did the same thing to my previous S710W and things got worse and worse. It began with the Xbox One X having these issues, but other HDMI devices started having the same issues. My PC and PS4 both started having audio dropouts. Muting/Un-muting stopped working and I started having to power the AVR off and on. After about a week, audio functionality totally stopped working. Not even the speaker test would work. Resetting the AVR did nothing. Support told me I'd have to send it off for repair. The unofficial price (my warranty is gone) quote and repair timing weren't very encouraging.

Are there known issues with these recent firmware updates? None of my other connected devices received any other updates and both my S710W and S730H only started having issues after getting updates in the last 2 weeks.
post #3941 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo_X View Post
Anyone else having issues with the S730H's most recent firmware and using Dolby Atmos via the Xbox One X? Using a prior firmware everything worked fine. Now it seems like the audio drops out when going between different types of content. That even includes different TV channels or from a game, to TV, to games. Muting and un-muting seems to fix it. No other audio functions or devices seem affected.

Mine does it too. It's a known Xbox problem, and there's a fix being pushed out to Insiders shortly. Hopefully the rest of us get it soon. It's annoying.
post #3942 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffChap View Post
Mine does it too. It's a known Xbox problem, and there's a fix being pushed out to Insiders shortly. Hopefully the rest of us get it soon. It's annoying.
I got my Denon a couple of weeks ago and it has the drop outs. Especially when I use the ESPN app to watch the top videos. Hit or miss. I found adjusting the volume up and down brings the audio back in about five seconds.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
post #3943 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 0
On the Denon AVR-S530BT, I noticed only the last inputs (3,4,5) say 4k HDCP2.2. Does this mean that the inputs 1 and 2 are limited to only 1080p? Or will they play 4k content at a lower refresh rate? Thanks for any help.
post #3944 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 491
If I run Audyssey setup now and then buy the Audyssey editor app later, will I need to re-run the setup to be able to fully use the app?

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #3945 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydon10 View Post
On the Denon AVR-S530BT, I noticed only the last inputs (3,4,5) say 4k HDCP2.2. Does this mean that the inputs 1 and 2 are limited to only 1080p? Or will they play 4k content at a lower refresh rate? Thanks for any help.
Correct, no 4k.
post #3946 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
If I run Audyssey setup now and then buy the Audyssey editor app later, will I need to re-run the setup to be able to fully use the app?
Correct.
post #3947 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

thanks for the help..
E
I dont know if Front height + Side Height will work well. I will have to retest it with real atmos content because my configuration was not correct at first.
But with Dolby upmixing the Side Height channels where not used. When i switched the config to Rear heights it did work. You might have to experiment with that. Since my couch is against the wall and my "rear" speakers are at my sides it does not matter much for me if i select side or rear height.

Quote:
Ah good to know. I was already checking different cables and stuff. Blue-Ray disks are working fine and Dolby's own demo's work well. But the Blizzard demo's and netflix have issues. So its a Denon issue not a microsoft issue?
In that case i will make a support ticket and hope i can get early access to the firmware i'm getting a Xbox One X today to replace the old One so i could watch Netflix in 4K HDR + Atmos (Sony X940E only does 4K HDR and max 5.1 i hope it will get a eARC update). But as its now it wont work with the audio cutouts.

HT Setup: Sony 75X940E - Denon X4400W 5.2.4: - SVS Ultra Bookshelf (Front) - SVS Ultra Center - SVS Prime Bookshelf (surround) - 4x Jamo S622 (Height) - Dual SVS PC2000 Sub's
post #3948 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
You wont see the profile that i in the receiver on the app.
If you get the app you can make new profiles there. You tell the app to start the measurements it collects the data and makes a profile. After that you can adjust things and do things that are (as far as i know) are not possible when you do not have the app. For example: Curve editor, Disable midrange compensation (very welcome if you have high quality speakers). Change the high frequency roll-off.

After you made your changes you can upload it to the receiver.
Its really easy to switch between profiles. It was one of the reasons why i switched from my X4100 to the new X4400. And i love it! it had more options then i hoped.
Only the curve editor is a bit hard on a smartphone. its hard do to precise adjustments.
Maybe it will work better with a stylus.
rolltide1017 and Madmax67 like this.

HT Setup: Sony 75X940E - Denon X4400W 5.2.4: - SVS Ultra Bookshelf (Front) - SVS Ultra Center - SVS Prime Bookshelf (surround) - 4x Jamo S622 (Height) - Dual SVS PC2000 Sub's
post #3949 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennu View Post
I dont know if Front height + Side Height will work well. I will have to retest it with real atmos content because my configuration was not correct at first.
But with Dolby upmixing the Side Height channels where not used. When i switched the config to Rear heights it did work. You might have to experiment with that. Since my couch is against the wall and my "rear" speakers are at my sides it does not matter much for me if i select side or rear height.
Hi there. The receiver came earlier and I decided to test it a bit...I connected all the speakers-for the atmos I will use 4 bookcases I have-I will try to buy the ELAC soon but for now I have 4 nice bookcases...I placed 2 at the front at the very top of the wall-near the corners...and two almost at the back hight on the wall aiming towards the MLP. My couch is also against the wall...I sort of configured it but will do more calibrating tomorrow earlier- I really hope that the sound quality is as good or better than my older Marantz SR7008...I will try to configure the atmos properly...
I should read the manual...!

thanks
Erick

post #3950 of 11689 Old 03-07-2018, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ah good to know. I was already checking different cables and stuff. Blue-Ray disks are working fine and Dolby's own demo's work well. But the Blizzard demo's and netflix have issues. So its a Denon issue not a microsoft issue?
In that case i will make a support ticket and hope i can get early access to the firmware i'm getting a Xbox One X today to replace the old One so i could watch Netflix in 4K HDR + Atmos (Sony X940E only does 4K HDR and max 5.1 i hope it will get a eARC update). But as its now it wont work with the audio cutouts.
The "Surround Height (SH)" speaker setting will only work with DTS:X/DTS Neural:X and Auro 3D/AuroMatic (ie. not with Atmos/Dolby Surround) while a FH+RH setting can be used with all three.
post #3951 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Denon AVR-X6400H compatibility issue

I recently purchased a Denon AVR-X6400H receiver to replace my older ONKYO Receiver. Everything else in my setup is the same. There is a compatibility issue between my ROKU and Apple TV (2nd generation) and this Denon receiver. While streaming movies from either device, the video will blank out periodically every few minutes and return a few seconds later. The audio continues during the video blank out. I have three other video devices connected to this receiver that do not have this video blank out problem, a TIVO, an XBox One, and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player....they all work fine. I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.
post #3952 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey321 View Post
I recently purchased a Denon AVR-X6400H receiver to replace my older ONKYO Receiver. Everything else in my setup is the same. There is a compatibility issue between my ROKU and Apple TV (2nd generation) and this Denon receiver. While streaming movies from either device, the video will blank out periodically every few minutes and return a few seconds later. The audio continues during the video blank out. I have three other video devices connected to this receiver that do not have this video blank out problem, a TIVO, an XBox One, and a Panasonic Blu-Ray player....they all work fine. I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.
Are you using the newer "Premium" certified 4k/18gbps HDMI cables? Have you tried setting the <4k Signal Format> to "Enhanced"?
noears likes this.
post #3953 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Hi there. The receiver came earlier and I decided to test it a bit...I connected all the speakers-for the atmos I will use 4 bookcases I have-I will try to buy the ELAC soon but for now I have 4 nice bookcases...I placed 2 at the front at the very top of the wall-near the corners...and two almost at the back hight on the wall aiming towards the MLP. My couch is also against the wall...I sort of configured it but will do more calibrating tomorrow earlier- I really hope that the sound quality is as good or better than my older Marantz SR7008...I will try to configure the atmos properly...
I should read the manual...!

thanks
Erick
The 7008 is the X4000 counterpart?
X4100 vs X4400 i thought i heard a little bit wider soundstage on the 4100 but that could be due to the different DAC. But overall featurewise im able to get better sound out of the X4400 + i can finally watch legal UHD blueray movies via my Xbox. My old receiver did not have HDCP2.2.

Quote:
The "Surround Height (SH)" speaker setting will only work with DTS:X/DTS Neural:X and Auro 3D/AuroMatic (ie. not with Atmos/Dolby Surround) while a FH+RH setting can be used with all three.
Yeah i noticed that. Auro3D was working fine. But considering my speaker placement FH+RH configuration should be fine and then i can use all 3 modes

Different question: Do you know if there is a way to keep the amp for the RH speakers enabled? now i hear the clicking sounds every time the receiver switches modes. And with the Xbox that happens quite a lot (switches between multi channel in and Atmos when you pauze or fast forward).

post #3954 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yep, its a Denon.

OK, I'll load the 3808 device back in and try it.

Thanks!
This works!

So if anyone would like direct button control of the subwoofer level of these AVR's without having to go through Option / Channel Level on their Harmony remote, just add device "Denon AVR-3808ci" to the harmony and add it to the desired activity.

Then go to "Customize Buttons" in that activity and set the desired buttons to "Denon AVR-3808ci / SpeakerSW-LevelUp & SpeakerSW-LevelDown.

I used the "Up Arrow" and "Down Arrow" on my Harmony One for this.

Thanks again!
joe221 and Culpepper like this.

post #3955 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 2225 Post(s)
Liked: 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Yes, there is nothing special about Dolby Atmos or DTS:X which requires either of them to be lossless.

It's just metadata.

Just to clarify... it’s not just metadata.

The extensions contain audio objects and metadata. The metadata defines where the accompanying audio object will be placed in a XYZ space at a given time.
post #3956 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
The 7008 is the X4000 counterpart?
X4100 vs X4400 i thought i heard a little bit wider soundstage on the 4100 but that could be due to the different DAC. But overall featurewise im able to get better sound out of the X4400 + i can finally watch legal UHD blueray movies via my Xbox. My old receiver did not have HDCP2.2..
hi there...I will calibrate etc the Denon tonigth...I'm using 4 bookshelf speakers- 2 as front height and 2 as back height but since my couch is against the back wall, I can't place the rear height behind me so they are high on the wall near the ceiling just ahead of my surrounds and i aimed them towards the MLP...I will try to get at least a pair or atmos ELAC speakers to place them ontop of the surrounds...but I wonder if I really need them? is there anything special I need to do for my bookshelf speakers to work well with atmos? increase the crossover? etc
I can't wait to do some more testing tonight...
thanks and good luck!
E

post #3957 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
hi there...I got the receiver delivered yesterday..really fast! I plugged it in, did a firmware update and some basic audysssey. I'm using 4 bookshelf speakers- 2 as front height and 2 as back height but since my couch is against the back wall, I can't place the rear height behind me so they are high on the wall near the ceiling just ahead of my surrounds and i aimed them towards the MLP...I will try to get at least a pair or atmos ELAC speakers to place them ontop of the surrounds...but I wonder if I really need them? is there anything special I need to do for my bookshelf speakers to work well with atmos? increase the crossover? etc
I can't wait to do some more testing tonight...
thanks!
E

post #3958 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This works!

So if anyone would like direct button control of the subwoofer level of these AVR's without having to go through Option / Channel Level on their Harmony remote, just add device "Denon AVR-3808ci" to the harmony and add it to the desired activity.

Then go to "Customize Buttons" in that activity and set the desired buttons to "Denon AVR-3808ci / SpeakerSW-LevelUp & SpeakerSW-LevelDown.

I used the "Up Arrow" and "Down Arrow" on my Harmony One for this.

Thanks again!
Now that you’ve confirmed it works. You can email or call Harmony Support and ask them to add that button profile to the new amp. Tell them you verified that it works and is missing.
Good work!
Culpepper likes this.

post #3959 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

No, it is a Microsoft Xbox One issue.
post #3960 of 11689 Old 03-08-2018, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I probably shouldn't be surprised. Yet prior to this recent firmware update neither of my Denon receivers had any issues with Atmos being on full-time. I can only assume they must have changed Atmos implementation in one way or another. The fact that my 710W basically died a week later makes me a little paranoid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
2400h , 3.0 , 4 ohm , 4200 , 4300 , 4400 , 7.1 , 7.1 setup , 7.2 , alexa , atmos , Audyssey , avr , avr-s730h , avr-x2400h , avrs730h , bi-amp , blueray , bluetooth , connectivity , Denon , denon x2400h remote controller , dolby surround up mixer , dts neural up mixer , Emotiva , enhanced 4k , hdmi , help please , Home Theater , ipod , lan , lpcm 7.1 , multi ch in , Netflix , Pioneer , pre amp , pre out , ps4 , receiver , Samsung , setup , subwoofer denon test tone , wifi , x3400h , x520bt , xbox one , zone 2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page