"OFFICIAL" 2017 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 136041Likes

post #3961 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe221 View Post
Now that you’ve confirmed it works. You can email or call Harmony Support and ask them to add that button profile to the new amp. Tell them you verified that it works and is missing.
Good work!
Done:

"Success! Thank you - you have successfully submitted your ticket."
joe221 and Culpepper like this.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains & VP100 Center, Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub, Phase Tech Surrounds & 2 Polk RC60i Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Axiom M2v3's, BIC 10" Sub.

Last edited by MarkyM; 03-08-2018 at 08:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Something different happened yesterday when I ran Audyssey on my X4400. 5.1.4 (dolby upfiring). In the past, each speaker "tone" (sounds kinda like static to me) pulsed once in each speaker. Yesterday, the main L & R speakers had a double pulse at all of the 8 mic positions. All the rest of the speakers were as before with a single pulse. I was re-running Audyssey because I had added the upfiring speakers. I never had the double pulse before on any other Denon, including my new X8500. Is this a change?
joe221 likes this.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC top front, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
post #3963 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 701 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21999 Post(s)
Liked: 11927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
Something different happened yesterday when I ran Audyssey on my X4400. 5.1.4 (dolby upfiring). In the past, each speaker "tone" (sounds kinda like static to me) pulsed once in each speaker. Yesterday, the main L & R speakers had a double pulse at all of the 8 mic positions. All the rest of the speakers were as before with a single pulse. I was re-running Audyssey because I had added the upfiring speakers. I never had the double pulse before on any other Denon, including my new X8500. Is this a change?
Not sure what you mean by single/double pulse. Audyssey test tones have always been 10 pulses per speaker/sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3964 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I finished the Audyssey setup on my S930H last night and I'm happy with the results.

Do you guys adjust speaker levels using the test tones after running the setup? Audyssey always seems to be 2-3 dB below 75dB when I use my SPL meter. The Sub was 3-4 dB lower this time. Should you adjust to 75dB with a meter afterwards or just leave it where it was set by Audyssey? Curious what others have done.

Also, my S930H replaced a 2808 which had Audyssey but, didn't have dynamic EQ? I have read a number of good things about dynamic EQ here and was excited to try it but, I did not like the resulting sound at all. It also boosted the levels of the surround R & L channels so much that it drowned out the front sound stage during many scenes. One good example was in Star Trek Beyond at 43:24, Spock and McCoy enter a chamber/cave. The echo effect was boosted so much that there voices sound like they were more behind me then in front. I could barely hear the center channel during this scene. It also made the bass sound more boomy instead of a nice and tight response, which is what I prefer. All my testing was done with the dynamic eq offest at the default 0. I didn't mess with it because I'm not quite sure I understand what it does.

I had read so much praise about dynamic EQ that I'm a little disappointed that I don't like the results. Have I possibly done something wrong during the setup process? I followed those directions perfectly, even using a tape measure to make sure each position was with in 2-3' of the mlp. Just really surprised how loud it made the surround channels, just doesn't sound right IMO.

I did use my SPL meter to adjust all the speakers to 75dB, could that be screwing up dynamic EQ? Each channel had to be raised 2.5-3.5db. My sub was raised a little more because I normally like to run mine a little hot, around 77db. I'm interested in some other thoughts on dynamic EQ.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #3965 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
I noticed that when I added my rear ATMOS speakers. It did two volume levels on the up firing speakers only. I didn’t remember it doing that the first time I set up the 4400.
Ted99 likes this.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #3966 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Not sure what you mean by single/double pulse. Audyssey test tones have always been 10 pulses per speaker/sub.
I'm using the term "pulse" to label the burst of sound that sounds a little like static. It could well be 10 pulses of different frequencies that sound like a burst of static to me. In my case yesterday, there were two distinct bursts of sound with a little less than a second between them. For instance: L Main: burst, pause, burst. Center: burst, R Main: burst, pause, burst. All the rest of the speakers were a single burst of sound. Same for all 8 mic positions.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC top front, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
post #3967 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
I'm using the term "pulse" to label the burst of sound that sounds a little like static. It could well be 10 pulses of different frequencies that sound like a burst of static to me. In my case yesterday, there were two distinct bursts of sound with a little less than a second between them. For instance: L Main: burst, pause, burst. Center: burst, R Main: burst, pause, burst. All the rest of the speakers were a single burst of sound. Same for all 8 mic positions.

It'll do that if the volume level was too low for it to get an accurate reading. Was the 2nd set of bursts louder than the first?
joe221 likes this.
post #3968 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
All my testing was done with the dynamic eq offest at the default 0. I didn't mess with it because I'm not quite sure I understand what it does.

I had read so much praise about dynamic EQ that I'm a little disappointed that I don't like the results. Have I possibly done something wrong during the setup process?

The DEQ offset lowers the threshold at which DEQ kicks in. For example, with your volume at -10, DEQ starts boosting bass to compensate for our ears not being as sensitive to certain frequencies at lower volume levels.

But like you, I was a little overwhelmed by this effect. The bass was drowning out dialog to an extent. So I set my DEQ offset to 5 and now DEQ doesn't start boosting frequencies until my volume drops to -15.

Also, was your Audyssey mic pointed straight up during the test sweeps? If not, that could result in Audyssey setting the surrounds higher than they should be, especially if it was pointed away from them.

I believe Audyssey plays a 75 db test tone during setup, but when you go back and run the individual channel adjustments manually, the level is determined by the main volume setting. So if you wanted to calibrate all channels to 75 db and you had to boost all of them, you could have instead just turned up the volume until your center channel for example read 75 db, then just match all the others to that.
mttpalmer likes this.

Last edited by JeffChap; 03-08-2018 at 12:30 PM.
post #3969 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I had it happen too. It’s the normal “pulse” sounds in succession but there was a second set, for me, on each ATMOS speaker. The second series was much louder than the first series.

post #3970 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffChap View Post
It'll do that if the volume level was too low for it to get an accurate reading. Was the 2nd set of bursts louder than the first?
No--same volume. I've had that happen with the sub, once. After the Audyssey run was complete, I checked levels and the adjustments for most of the channels were in the minus 1 to 5 dB range, except for sub; which was -6dB. The small Pioneer dolby upfiring rears were +1 and -1 dB, which I attributed to their size. I did have more ambient noise due to construction out in the street when I ran the setup. Wonder if that was it?
joe221 likes this.

post #3971 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I had it happen too. It’s the normal “pulse” sounds in succession but there was a second set, for me, on each ATMOS speaker. The second series was much louder than the first series.
A second (and possibly a 3rd) set of 10 pulses means the mic wasn't able to detect the audio from the speakers either due to too much background noise or possibly a badly placed speaker. All speakers should be angled directly at (or in the case of the center speaker, UP at) the mic. And there should be a clear line of sight between the speaker and the mic.
joe221 and Ted99 like this.
post #3972 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A second (and possibly a 3rd) set of 10 pulses means the mic wasn't able to detect the audio from the speakers either due to too much background noise or possibly a badly placed speaker. All speakers should be angled directly at (or in the case of the center speaker, UP at) the mic. And there should be a clear line of sight between the speaker and the mic.
I think that's it. Too much ambient noise. Will have to rerun at night or on Sunday, since I'm in an urban location and the room in question is facing a city street on the 6th floor with major construction across the street.

post #3973 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffChap View Post
Also, was your Audyssey mic pointed straight up during the test sweeps? If not, that could result in Audyssey setting the surrounds higher than they should be, especially if it was pointed away from them.
Yes, mic was straight up but, Audyssey didn't set the surrounds high during setup. It's when dynamic eq is turned on, it boost the volume of the surrounds so much that it starts to drown out the front speakers. I think I'll just run with dyn eq off, my old 2808 had no dyn eq and I never had a problem with the sound quality. I use headphones at night when I need to hear things better anyway.

When I use my SPL meter and the internal tones, I always turn the master volume up to reference 0 and calibrate to 75dB. I assume that is the correct approach. When I did this after setting up Audyssey, every channel was closer to 72dB at reference. Who knows, Audyssey is probably more accurate then my 15 year old (or more) radio shack SPL meter.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #3974 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes on all counts. Clear shot at mic, speakers were pointed up, and unobstructed. The second set were noticeably louder.

post #3975 of 11672 Old 03-08-2018, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just received a new X1400H, and am setting it up. I noticed that some colors and brightness appear a little darker on my tv now. My old reciever was a Yamaha v675 and I remember I had an option to disable all video processing and leave it as a simple pass through, but for the x1400h and the s730 it’s based on, it looks like the reciever doesn’t touch the video at all, only passes it on. Is there a secret disable all video processing menu on the 730 or x1400h? If not, what could cause the picture to be slightly darker on the new reciever? My Yamaha had all video processing off and my tv is a 2012 Panasonic plasma that I haven’t touched any settings on in years... same cable and port too!
post #3976 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostrambler View Post
Just received a new X1400H, and am setting it up. I noticed that some colors and brightness appear a little darker on my tv now. My old reciever was a Yamaha v675 and I remember I had an option to disable all video processing and leave it as a simple pass through, but for the x1400h and the s730 it’s based on, it looks like the reciever doesn’t touch the video at all, only passes it on. Is there a secret disable all video processing menu on the 730 or x1400h? If not, what could cause the picture to be slightly darker on the new reciever? My Yamaha had all video processing off and my tv is a 2012 Panasonic plasma that I haven’t touched any settings on in years... same cable and port too!
Nope, as there is no video card installed. You may simply need to tweak the settings on your TV to suit your preference.
post #3977 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Yes, mic was straight up but, Audyssey didn't set the surrounds high during setup. It's when dynamic eq is turned on, it boost the volume of the surrounds so much that it starts to drown out the front speakers. I think I'll just run with dyn eq off, my old 2808 had no dyn eq and I never had a problem with the sound quality. I use headphones at night when I need to hear things better anyway.

When I use my SPL meter and the internal tones, I always turn the master volume up to reference 0 and calibrate to 75dB. I assume that is the correct approach. When I did this after setting up Audyssey, every channel was closer to 72dB at reference. Who knows, Audyssey is probably more accurate then my 15 year old (or more) radio shack SPL meter.
Nope. AVR test tones are not processed by Audyssey so may not provide accurate 75db when using an SPL meter, rather much better to use a calibrated tone disc (eg. Spears and Munsil) which will be processed by Audyssey.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #3978 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes on all counts. Clear shot at mic, speakers were pointed up, and unobstructed. The second set were noticeably louder.
Correct. Each successive set of tones must be louder as the previous set was not strong enough to be processed by Audyssey. As was true for Ted99, there is likely too much ambient noise in your room. Run Audyssey when it is completely quiet outside the room and ensure your A/C or Central Heating is turned off as well.

Remember to turn your A/C or Heating back on though afterwards as I have on occasion run Audyssey in the summer, forgetting to turn the A/C back on and then wondering why it's suddenly so warm in the house, which in Florida can happen fairly quickly.
joe221 and Ted99 like this.
post #3979 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Question about the "Restorer" function, I've recently discovered it and loving what it does to my MP3s and Spotify streaming quality, compressed music definitely sounds better with the Restorer turned on.

I use my PC for both music listening/streaming and also to watch BluRay movies. Should I turn off the restorer when watching a movie, or does it only come in effect when a PCM signal is input, and gets canceled in Bitsreaming mode?

Thx

Home Theater

LG OLED 65" C8 | Denon AVR-X3400H | PS4 Pro
Paradigm Monitor 7 v7 | Canton GLE 456 | Morel SP-2 | SVS PB-1000
post #3980 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Should I have received the latest firmware update for my 4400 yet? I input my serial number in Denon's website and it says that the latest update was in November of 2017.
post #3981 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeoblu View Post
hi there...I will calibrate etc the Denon tonigth...I'm using 4 bookshelf speakers- 2 as front height and 2 as back height but since my couch is against the back wall, I can't place the rear height behind me so they are high on the wall near the ceiling just ahead of my surrounds and i aimed them towards the MLP...I will try to get at least a pair or atmos ELAC speakers to place them ontop of the surrounds...but I wonder if I really need them? is there anything special I need to do for my bookshelf speakers to work well with atmos? increase the crossover? etc
I can't wait to do some more testing tonight...
thanks and good luck!
E
No atmos is no different compared to normal 5.1 speaker installation/setup.
Denon does cross over very low. I alway's raise the crossover 40 will become 60 and i move 60 up to 80.

HT Setup: Sony 75X940E - Denon X4400W 5.2.4: - SVS Ultra Bookshelf (Front) - SVS Ultra Center - SVS Prime Bookshelf (surround) - 4x Jamo S622 (Height) - Dual SVS PC2000 Sub's
post #3982 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennu View Post
No atmos is no different compared to normal 5.1 speaker installation/setup.
Denon does cross over very low. I alway's raise the crossover 40 will become 60 and i move 60 up to 80.
thanks! I followed the set up instructions on the Denon and I configured my 4 height speakers as Front height and Rear Height..the rear is not really rear as my couch is against the wall...I placed the "rear height" high on the wall close to the back (but ahead of my side surrounds)...should I have chosen side height? hmm....my plan is to get the ELAC atmos speakers and place them on top of my surrounds...
will they make the experience any better? I configured the Denon, run audyssey in 8 seating positions etc and I listened to my 2 favourite movies...Tron Legacy on bluray and Transformers on 4K with its Atmos soundtrack. Tron Legacy sounded as good as with my previous marantzz but I noticed that the center channel was a bit more present-clearer maybe. The subwoofer SVS cylinder sounded a bit more tight I think and it sure kicked in when needed...I don't need the sub to be always on so to speak...I tried DTS Neural:X with Tron and the height speakers are there for sure-I can't say they are very noticeable. Should I trust the calibration? I have left all speaker levels as set up by audyssey but changed all speakers to small and the crossover to 80HZ.
then I tried Transformers on 4K and its Atmos track-the receiver shows Atmos on the display and it sure sounds fuller-not necessarily louder but fuller...I will listen to a higher volume this weekend. Couldnt listen too loudly at night. I guess the height speakers add a little bit. Would I get "better" results with the ELAC placed on top of the surrounds? should I raise the levels on the height speakers?
I need an atmos demo disc. I know I saw somewhere here links to on line atmos demos. I didn't keep the links. Would a demo on disc be easier? I saw one at Best Buy (the rain-helicopter etc)-would something like this "help" me fine tune my setup? and finally, should I bother with the Audyssey app? or is the audyssey in the receiver the best way to go?
thanks

Samsung UN65KS8000 SUHD Quantum Dot LED 4K TV
Panasonic DP-UB820 4k & OPPO 103D-
Denon AVR-X4400h 5.2.4 atmos-with Paradigm: Monitor 7 v.6 for fronts, CC-390 v.6, Atoms v.7 Surrounds, Micros v.3 Front height and ELAC Debut A4 for back dolby.
SVS-PC12 NSD sub.Sony TC-K615S Dolby S cassette & Vintage JVC VS-DT6 CD player
post #3983 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
The 3808 had a remote option for my Harmony ONE to adjust the subwoofer channel level directly.
Can you implement network commands on the Harmony? Try the "CV" commands from this spreadsheet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AVR-S720W_S920W_X1300W_X2300W_X3300W_PROTOCOL_V01.zip (220.3 KB, 6 views)

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
post #3984 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I am looking at purchasing an AVR-S930H to replace my brand new Onkyo TX-NR676. I liked the sound from the Onkyo, but the problem I am having with it is that it is not allowing my Apple TV 4k to use Dolby Vision, even though my Vizio, AppleTV 4k and Onkyo all support it. Seems Onkyo fixed it in a firmware but I still dont have any luck. ATV works fine with Dolby Vision plugged directly from my TV to the ATV so I am guessing its a receiver issue. Being I only bought it yesterday I am looking at returning it and trying out this Denon instead. Wondering if anyone is running their ATV 4k through it and getting Dolby Vision fine? If so, was there any configs that needed changing on the Denon? Thanks in advance!
post #3985 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
Can you implement network commands on the Harmony? Try the "CV" commands from this spreadsheet.
I don't think my Harmony will do that but...

I got it working by loading the 3808ci device back into the Harmony and using its command, which also works on the X3400.
joe221 likes this.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains & VP100 Center, Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub, Phase Tech Surrounds & 2 Polk RC60i Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Axiom M2v3's, BIC 10" Sub.
post #3986 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctopper View Post
I am looking at purchasing an AVR-S930H to replace my brand new Onkyo TX-NR676. I liked the sound from the Onkyo, but the problem I am having with it is that it is not allowing my Apple TV 4k to use Dolby Vision, even though my Vizio, AppleTV 4k and Onkyo all support it. Seems Onkyo fixed it in a firmware but I still dont have any luck. ATV works fine with Dolby Vision plugged directly from my TV to the ATV so I am guessing its a receiver issue. Being I only bought it yesterday I am looking at returning it and trying out this Denon instead. Wondering if anyone is running their ATV 4k through it and getting Dolby Vision fine? If so, was there any configs that needed changing on the Denon? Thanks in advance!

I run my Apple TV 4K through my Denon 4400H with no issues and no special configuration needed. Just make sure that your TV is set to accept a DV signal. My Vizio sometimes does not change over to its DV setting and I get a black screen; changing it to DV fixes the issue immediately.
post #3987 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Are you using the newer "Premium" certified 4k/18gbps HDMI cables? Have you tried setting the <4k Signal Format> to "Enhanced"?
Problem solved: The Denon receiver is HDCP 2.2 compliant and was connected to my Samsung 4K TV on it's HDMI ARC port 4. When I purchased and installed a ROKU Ultra and attempted to play 4K UHD content, a notice popped up on the TV stating it was not HDCP 2.2 compliant. I contacted Samsung and they told me only the HDMI port 3 was HDCP 2.2 compliant on my television. I connected the receiver to HDMI port 3 and now all my devices play just fine without any video blanking. Bottom line, in order for the Denon with HDCP 2.2 to pass a stable video signal from a ROKU or Apple TV, it must be connected to a HDCP 2.2 compliant port on the TV regardless of the resolution being played.
joe221 and mrtickleuk like this.
post #3988 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodon005 View Post
Should I have received the latest firmware update for my 4400 yet? I input my serial number in Denon's website and it says that the latest update was in November of 2017.
If you check download firmware, and it says up to date, I believe you are good.I

Igot my x4400h last month. It would not download firmware through AVR. I had to USB install firmware on website, then used download latest firmware option through the AVR.

Home theatre: 65" Samsung KS8500 /Sony UBD-X800 / Xbox One X Project Scorpio / PS4 Pro
Denon AVR-X4400H 7.1.4 config. / Plantronics Dolby Atmos RIG 600LX
Pioneer Andrew Jones L,R,C,SL,SR,SBL,SBR / (4) Polk Atrium 5 series FHL,FHR,RHL,RHR
SVS PB-2000 w/ SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
post #3989 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Correct. Each successive set of tones must be louder as the previous set was not strong enough to be processed by Audyssey. As was true for Ted99, there is likely too much ambient noise in your room. Run Audyssey when it is completely quiet outside the room and ensure your A/C or Central Heating is turned off as well.

Remember to turn your A/C or Heating back on though afterwards as I have on occasion run Audyssey in the summer, forgetting to turn the A/C back on and then wondering why it's suddenly so warm in the house, which in Florida can happen fairly quickly.
I’m in West Los Angeles and quiet is a valuable commodity. I do the best. All windows closed, no HVAC, tell roommate shhhhh. I can’t do it too late as it could disturb my neighbors. (Condo apartment) it’s too long a process or I’d hold my breath. Yes, turn back on the HVAC as we want to stay comfortable.

post #3990 of 11672 Old 03-09-2018, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
hey everyone
got my x3400 today to replace a 7 year old denon receiver.
I am casting to a chrome cast from my laptop. I know I could simply connect my hdmi cord from my laptop to my receiver to get audio thru the speakers but... I need to work on the laptop while listening. So my question is how can I select the toslink audio coming from the tv as the audio source for the receiver? This should be easy, just have not been able to figure it out.
Right now we are just using the tv speakers but would love to hear it thru our other speakers.
I tried each of the audio input selections on the app. I am sure I am missing something obvious.

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
2400h , 3.0 , 4 ohm , 4200 , 4300 , 4400 , 7.1 , 7.1 setup , 7.2 , alexa , atmos , Audyssey , avr , avr-s730h , avr-x2400h , avrs730h , bi-amp , blueray , bluetooth , connectivity , Denon , denon x2400h remote controller , dolby surround up mixer , dts neural up mixer , Emotiva , enhanced 4k , hdmi , help please , Home Theater , ipod , lan , lpcm 7.1 , multi ch in , Netflix , Pioneer , pre amp , pre out , ps4 , receiver , Samsung , setup , subwoofer denon test tone , wifi , x3400h , x520bt , xbox one , zone 2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page