"OFFICIAL" 2017 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 247 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 136244Likes

post #7381 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6792 Post(s)
Liked: 6794
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
I just finished editing my review on the Denon AVR-X6400H Receiver. I have really enjoyed this receiver over the past 2 months. Definitely is a solid receiver for those looking for a 11.2 Receiver. Check out the review here -
Problem is they are discontinued, you doing the 6500H ?
Clark Burk and mrtickleuk like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7382 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil of OLED View Post
I recall that there's a "soft reset" available, but I don't recall the steps.
post #7383 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Quoted: 22772 Post(s)
Liked: 12419
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
I recall that there's a "soft reset" available, but I don't recall the steps.
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread.

Review post 5 for reset information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7384 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolledoff View Post
Is there a difference in sound quality (because of processing, etc) between using graphic EQ to cut down the annoying treble while watching sports vs using the tone control at -6 dB treble?
Graphic EQ disables Audyssey all together, while using the Tone Control only disables Audyssey Dynamic EQ.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #7385 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
I just finished editing my review on the Denon AVR-X6400H Receiver. I have really enjoyed this receiver over the past 2 months. Definitely is a solid receiver for those looking for a 11.2 Receiver.
Nice review, however, would have helped had you mentioned the unit has been out for 1 year and due to be replaced within the next month so the X6400H is going on clearance for even better pricing.
Clark Burk and mrtickleuk like this.
post #7386 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread.

Review post 5 for reset information.
Thanks, JD and all who responded. Furniture needs to be moved in order to access the rear of my gear. So, before I got too deep into making changes I swapped out my Monoprice ARC cable with a new one from BJC, and voilå, I am back in business with audio once again!

I thought about moving to using an optical cable to get away from the HDMI handshake demons, but I have not been able to find the step by step directions to that end.

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by zinfella; 08-11-2018 at 12:05 PM.
post #7387 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2267 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
Indeed! And another reason why that extra (and expensive) "HDAM" circuit in the Marantz receivers is IMHO unnecessary for most users. The "digital volume chips" (same in both brands) have been improved so much in recent years there's really no need for any extra preamp circuitry anymore, especially if not using an external power amp.
Yep, I've read all of your posts regarding this topic( pretty well laid out) and what little I know about the science from reading up tells me you are probably spot on but I'm starting to drift away from always concluding that based on that knowledge they will both still sound the same to every listener. I think they won't for many for a multitude of reasons and that's ok too. I am happy I chose Denon again though and I don't think I'm missing out on my 2 channel listening by going with a more home theater featured line. To my Marantz brothers and sisters who hear what they hear more power to you but I do think it's important to get the science behind the sound which is why I love AVS and it's technically grounded roots. I'm just pulling my reins back a bit on the ,"Therefore they must sound the same" part. I did work for GM for 22 years selling their products and the Buicks and Cadillacs we drove did make me smile more than most of the Chevy's I sold. Still love my Camaro though.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #7388 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 1820
We have improvements! Coming from a Marantz 7002 this X3400 has definately improved the audio in there. I have it paired with an Emotiva 5 channel amp. Subwoofers are less boomy and more tight and defined, but the reset of the speakers are where I'm seeing the biggest impact. My PSA 210s are really coming to life and my old infinity surrounds are just fantastic now.

So far a great choice! The audyssey mic could have had a longer cord tho. It's a few few shorter than the marantz was, but I made it work.

I really appreciate that Denon gave me the option to turn the ethernet interface OFF when in standby. This is huge for me as it allows my exhaust fan to kick on based on pings or lack of pings. I used to use the BD player for this function, but now I can use the receiver.
post #7389 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Distortion with Dolby Upmixer and 2CH PCM Input

Registered to post this thread, but have been reading these forums for many years.

AVR-X6400H, owned since April 2018. No issues until 8/9/2018. I believe that my unit auto updated FW as I have 6451-0361-0191-6164 now (AirPlay2 update).

Setup:

Input Stream: 48kHz 2CH PCM (Apple TV 4K & Xbox One X) (does not repro with 8CH PCM or Dolby TrueHD in my case)
Output Sound Mode: Dolby Surround (this is the only mode that repros for me)
Speaker Configuration: Dolby Recommended 7.1.4 w/ 4 ceiling speakers
EQ: Audyssey XT32 Reference

If the behavior is not present at power-on, toggling through sound modes and back to Dolby Surround almost always results in most of my speakers not outputting sound and the ones that still do feature large amounts of distortion in the audio output. My workaround is to use the DTS Neural:X for 2CH PCM up-mixing (think Amazon Video on Apple TV4K as the use case).

Can anyone else with the latest FW update repro this behavior?
post #7390 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quoted: 5093 Post(s)
Liked: 7428
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Nice review, however, would have helped had you mentioned the unit has been out for 1 year and due to be replaced within the next month so the X6400H is going on clearance for even better pricing.
Call my cynical, but I see precious little difference between his hit-and-run post, and the other recent one where someone listed all the problems they'd had, and posted all their woes on one of the Denon threads here with the announcement that they'd returned it. Telling all the experts that he'd not taken advantage of their free help.

I really hope his review is accurate, because he's had two full months to have an active and vibrant discussion here to learn as much as possible before sharing his "verdict" with his YouTube watchers. I can't find many posts here which aren't merely links to his YouTube videos. I say this because he started out with some completely flawed assumptions about Audyssey; I urged him to read the full Audyssey FAQ properly and carefully, but I saw nothing back to indicate that he had done so.
dfa973 likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #7391 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Call my cynical, but I see precious little difference between his hit-and-run post, and the other recent one where someone listed all the problems they'd had, and posted all their woes on one of the Denon threads here with the announcement that they'd returned it. Telling all the experts that he'd not taken advantage of their free help.

I really hope his review is accurate, because he's had two full months to have an active and vibrant discussion here to learn as much as possible before sharing his "verdict" with his YouTube watchers. I can't find many posts here which aren't merely links to his YouTube videos. I say this because he started out with some completely flawed assumptions about Audyssey; I urged him to read the full Audyssey FAQ properly and carefully, but I saw nothing back to indicate that he had done so.
I say, you said a mouthful, son! The motto here ought'a be "If we can't fi it, it ain't broke!"
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #7392 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Purchased last week a Denon X3400h. This is an upgrade from a Pioneer that was 13 years old with THX and 130 watts per channel.

A couple of questions
First question
If I use the Blu-ray HDMI input on the X3400h I can only get a picture. No sound plays. Is there a setting that I am missing? The display shows as Dolby & Dolby DTS. If I change this to anything else I still get no sound.
The Ipad App will also show a Blu-ray player control which doesn't work and I don't have set up or need set up since I run a control system in the house.
If I move the Blu-ray player to the DVD HDMI input then I get both the picture and the sound. I am assuming I don't have something set up right or have it set up wrong but can't figure out what it is.

Second question
When watching some movies or cable tv the sound sometimes is not as crisp as I am used to. Other times the sound coming through sounds fantastic. I never had this issue with my old Pioneer, not sure if it is just because I was used to how it sounded. Is there something I can do to address this? I ran the Audyssey setup for the system a few times. I know the the two receivers are not an apples to apples comparison but I am wondering if I can get the settings tuned slightly better then they are now.

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by electronicsnerd; 08-11-2018 at 04:23 PM.
post #7393 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Liked: 2850
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicsnerd View Post
Hi All,

Purchased last week a Denon X3400h. This is an upgrade from a Pioneer that was 13 years old with THX and 130 watts per channel.

A couple of questions
First question
If I use the Blu-ray HDMI input on the X3400h I can only get a picture. No sound plays. Is there a setting that I am missing? The display shows as Dolby & Dolby DTS. If I change this to anything else I still get no sound.
The Ipad App will also show a Blu-ray player control which doesn't work and I don't have set up or need set up since I run a control system in the house.
If I move the Blu-ray player to the DVD HDMI input then I get both the picture and the sound. I am assuming I don't have something set up right or have it set up wrong but can't figure out what it is.
1. Upgrade to "Premium Certified" 18 Gigabit HDMI cables if you aren't already using them. Monoprice and Blue Jeans Cables are popular sources on AVS.

2. The 4 HDMI inputs which are farthest from the receiver's HDMI outputs have to go through an HDMI port expander chip. The closest ones don't. In some circumstances that extra processing can cause problems. Other than that and their names, the ports are identical, so use whichever one works for you.
Quote:
Second question
When watching some movies or cable tv the sound sometimes is not as crisp as I am used to. Other times the sound coming through sounds fantastic. I never had this issue with my old Pioneer, not sure if it is just because I was used to how it sounded. Is there something I can do to address this? I ran the Audyssey setup for the system a few times. I know the the two receivers are not an apples to apples comparison but I am wondering if I can get the settings tuned slightly better then they are now.

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.
Press on the remote's Info button to see what kind of audio is coming in to the receiver and what upmixer (if any) is being applied to it. That might help to determine what's going on. Press on the "Movie" button to select which type of Sound Mode (including upmixing) you want to use.

Unlike Pioneer's receivers, the devices currently made by D&M allow you to choose either Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X to upmix the incoming audio to use all of your speakers.

Some cable channels provide 5.1 multichannel sound (which can be upmixed to the Rear Surrounds and overheads), some provide stereo (which can be upmixed to Center, surrounds and overheads), some provide stereo using a 5.1 configuration (surround and center are silent so no upmixing is possible) and some provide "dual mono," which provides identical audio in both L and R channels (upmixing causes them to "collapse" to the center speaker). The DTS and Dolby upmixers also react differently to the different types of audio soundtracks.
Madmax67 likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #7394 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon AVR-X520BT and connectivity problems

I own Denon AVR-X520BT and i face multiple problems with connectivity. It would be great if someone can help me.

1. This isn't having port to connect to LAN. i believed this is bare minimum to play with media player. Help document doesn't show any inputs for network connectivity.
2. This unit doesn't have WiFi connectivity too.
3. This unit can't play anything using airplay. you need to connect using Bluetooth only.
4. This unit can't take inputs from ipod or ipad. it has to be phone only.

can you please help if I am going wrong somewhere.
post #7395 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

This is a USA based forum so you are unlikely to find anyone that has purchased your European X520BT.

That said,

1. The lowest level Denon AVR (which includes the X520BT) has never been a networking model, rather only Bluetooth which is why it has "BT" in the model number.
2. Correct. See 1 above.
3. Correct. See 1 above.
4. Correct. Denon cut out iPod connectivity a couple of years ago.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 08-12-2018 at 03:00 PM.
post #7396 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 7
So I jut got a Martin Logan Dynamo 700W to go with my Martin Logan 8i center and 4i left / right speakers. I have the AVRX1400H and was wondering what the hell to do to get this sub to work right with my system (by work right i mean sound good).

If I just run the Audssy setup for the speakers will I need to make any other setting changes on the receiver? I get pretty confused with all the options on my receiver and never know for sure what will make it sound ok. I currently like the way the center left and right sound so I'm kind of worried about running the setup again and having not sound the way I like it.

I do know / have read that the sub is supposed to sound like its coming from your speakers vs sounding like its own speaker.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to do this as painless as possible would be awesome.
post #7397 of 12419 Old 08-11-2018, 10:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitynzxt View Post
So I jut got a Martin Logan Dynamo 700W to go with my Martin Logan 8i center and 4i left / right speakers. I have the AVRX1400H and was wondering what the hell to do to get this sub to work right with my system (by work right i mean sound good).

If I just run the Audssy setup for the speakers will I need to make any other setting changes on the receiver? I get pretty confused with all the options on my receiver and never know for sure what will make it sound ok. I currently like the way the center left and right sound so I'm kind of worried about running the setup again and having not sound the way I like it.
Yes, you'll most likely need to set the front left and right speakers to Small and raise their crossover to 80HZ from the receiver set 40HZ. LFE not LFE + Mains under bass setting and if you want to bump your sub levels up a bit after adjusting to a flat EQ in the bass region just raise the sub levels within the receivers manual settings for the test tones under setup-> speakers-> manual setup-> levels-> test tone start for universal changes or option-> channel level adjust for source specific sub level bumps. These settings can overlap so be careful applying both. Dynamic EQ is a good feature for low level listening and still maintaining the bass effects but play with the Reference Level Offset based on type of content and how it sounds best to you when in use.

Best thing to do first though is Google the sub crawl technique for best in room sub placement then read up on the Audyssey 101 FAQ's thread here on AVS before running Audyssey. It's a world of help.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #7398 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 12:16 AM

If I enable the Dynamic EQ for night listening after running the Audyssey setup I can turn that off at a later time correct for big booms during the day? I was reading on the first page of this thread and it set this was possible to do I just not understanding where to make that adjustment in the menus.
post #7399 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If I enable the Dynamic EQ for night listening after running the Audyssey setup I can turn that off at a later time correct for big booms during the day? I was reading on the first page of this thread and it set this was possible to do I just not understanding where to make that adjustment in the menus.
It's set to on by default unless you don't allow it during the Audyssey setup but yes you can turn it off individually or have different sound modes/ DEQ(RLO)/DV settings programmed under the Quick Select buttons on your remote.

post #7400 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Dynamic EQ - boosts the bass/surround audio at lower volume levels

Dynamic Volume - normalizes the volume (boosts lower level dialog while compressing loud explosions/bang; often used at night so as not to disturb others)
Madmax67 likes this.
post #7401 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfgrimmjr View Post
Registered to post this thread, but have been reading these forums for many years. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

AVR-X6400H, owned since April 2018. No issues until 8/9/2018. I believe that my unit auto updated FW as I have 6451-0361-0191-6164 now (AirPlay2 update).

Setup:

Input Stream: 48kHz 2CH PCM (Apple TV 4K & Xbox One X) (does not repro with 8CH PCM or Dolby TrueHD in my case)
Output Sound Mode: Dolby Surround (this is the only mode that repros for me)
Speaker Configuration: Dolby Recommended 7.1.4 w/ 4 ceiling speakers
EQ: Audyssey XT32 Reference

If the behavior is not present at power-on, toggling through sound modes and back to Dolby Surround almost always results in most of my speakers not outputting sound and the ones that still do feature large amounts of distortion in the audio output. My workaround is to use the DTS Neural:X for 2CH PCM up-mixing (think Amazon Video on Apple TV4K as the use case).

Can anyone else with the latest FW update repro this behavior?
I noticed this problem tonight on my 6300. Someone else posted about it in the 2016 Denon thread as well. I downloaded the old firmware from Denon's website and installed it via USB and the problem went away. (I came here to see if it was affecting other models.)

Denon AVR-X6300H, LG OLED55B7A, Sony UPB-X1100ES, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Roamio OTA, Panasonic DMR-ES46V, Proscan PSLD-43, Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB
Klipsch R-820f fronts, C-2 center, R-620f surrounds, Quintet V for Atmos, Monoprice Monolith 10", Velodyne VRP-10
post #7402 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 01:36 AM

Quote:

Disregard I found it.
post #7403 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Yes, you'll most likely need to set the front left and right speakers to Small and raise their crossover to 80HZ from the receiver set 40HZ. LFE not LFE + Mains under bass setting and if you want to bump your sub levels up a bit after adjusting to a flat EQ in the bass region.

Where is the place to set the bass to a flat EQ because I'm not seeing this. Sorry for all the questions very not good at setting this stuff up.

Also I notice that even an low volume / low bass output my floors vibrate. I have laminate wood floors. Anyway to resolve this? My bass is in the forward firing position not downward firing.

Also instead of adjusting the volume on the bass itself and doing it through the gui in the avr is that the Levels where it shows all the speakers +/- db or do i do that somewhere else. I want to lower the bass as its just so over powering right now.

Last edited by trinitynzxt; 08-12-2018 at 02:05 AM.
post #7404 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 04:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Not sure if this thread is the right place to post bugs or problems, but I have just got myself a brand new x2400 and set it up yesterday.

Initially I didn't encounter any problems but as I tested it more throughout the day a very annoying bug, issue appeared.

Problem:
Sounds cuts out every 20-30 second when playing any HDMI source.

Troubleshooting:

The latest firmware was applied yesterday during the setup, so I haven't had a chance to play around or identify if this problem is a firmware issue.

From any HDMI source, Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, PS3 the sound cuts out for a second and it happens every 20-30 seconds.
When it happens. the PCM DIG symbols in the front flashes.
I have tried to set it to Stereo sounds (decoding) only but the problem still appears.

Did a cold boot an all devices, didn't solve the problem
Reset TV, didn't solve the problem
Mess around with EQ settings etc, didn't solve the problem
change cables, didn't solve it.

However.
Disconnecting the ethernet cable did solve my problem straight away.

Not sure how ethernet and decoding of sounds from HDMI sound interfere with eachother but it does.
Haven't been able to test WIFI as I don't have coverage there.

I am running a HEOS 5 as well at home and the X2400 and the HEOS 5 are both enabled to play Heos music.

Do you guys think its a HW related issue or something that can be sorted out with SW?

I have sent this to the Denon support today, so well see what they have to say.
post #7405 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Liked: 2850
Quote:
Originally Posted by X520BT View Post
I own Denon AVR-X520BT and i face multiple problems with connectivity. It would be great if someone can help me.

1. This isn't having port to connect to LAN. i believed this is bare minimum to play with media player. Help document doesn't show any inputs for network connectivity.
2. This unit doesn't have WiFi connectivity too.
3. This unit can't play anything using airplay. you need to connect using Bluetooth only.
4. This unit can't take inputs from ipod or ipad. it has to be phone only.

can you please help if I am going wrong somewhere.
You will have to use an external networked media device which you connect to one of the receiver's HDMI inputs. In the U.S., AppleTV, Chromecast and Roku are popular choices. A home computer can also be used.
ccotenj likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #7406 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Where is the place to set the bass to a flat EQ because I'm not seeing this. Sorry for all the questions very not good at setting this stuff up.

Also I notice that even an low volume / low bass output my floors vibrate. I have laminate wood floors. Anyway to resolve this? My bass is in the forward firing position not downward firing.

Also instead of adjusting the volume on the bass itself and doing it through the gui in the avr is that the Levels where it shows all the speakers +/- db or do i do that somewhere else. I want to lower the bass as its just so over powering right now.
audyssey makes it as flat as possible.

short of replacing the floors, nothing. it doesn’t matter which way the sub is firing.

you can cut the trim in the gui.

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

https://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #7407 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I've done factory and microprocessor rest.
My network is fine, wired and wireless. It will upgrade.

Last week it was showing me no update available. This weekend when there is one, it won't do it.

Home theatre: 65" Sony X950G / LG UBKM9 / Sony UBD-X800 / Xbox One X Project Scorpio / PS4 Pro
Denon AVR-X4400H 7.1.4 config. / Plantronics Dolby Atmos RIG 600LX
Pioneer Andrew Jones L,R,C,SL,SR,SBL,SBR / (4) Polk Atrium 5 series TF,TR
SVS PB-2000 w/ SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
post #7408 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 1820
Question, for streaming content thats delivered via dolby digital plus I can only get my rear surrounds to come on if I use the dolby atmos setting or the neural:x setting. But I have a 7.2 system. Is this the proper way to enable rear surrounds on sources that don't normally include it? I could have sworn I had a dd ex option yesterday but maybe I imagined that.
post #7409 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Every so often (once a day, once every other day) Ill be using ATV4K plugged into my Media Player jack on X2400H, and my Q8FN Samsung TV, and the display will turn into white static. Sound still plays fine. I turn the TV off, and back on, white noise is still there.
If I turn the receiver off, then back on, the issue resolves itself. Suggestions on how to fix this annoying issue?
Any other suggestions to fix this issue?
Tried CD HDMI input, and I have tried 2 sets of premium certified 4k/HDCP 2.2 HDMI cables......

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
post #7410 of 12419 Old 08-12-2018, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin View Post
Question, for streaming content thats delivered via dolby digital plus I can only get my rear surrounds to come on if I use the dolby atmos setting or the neural:x setting. But I have a 7.2 system. Is this the proper way to enable rear surrounds on sources that don't normally include it? I could have sworn I had a dd ex option yesterday but maybe I imagined that.
Yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
2400h , 3.0 , 4 ohm , 4200 , 4300 , 4400 , 7.1 , 7.1 setup , 7.2 , alexa , atmos , Audyssey , avr , avr-s730h , avr-x2400h , avrs730h , bi-amp , blueray , bluetooth , connectivity , Denon , denon x2400h remote controller , dolby surround up mixer , dts neural up mixer , Emotiva , enhanced 4k , hdmi , help please , Home Theater , ipod , lan , lpcm 7.1 , multi ch in , Netflix , Pioneer , pre amp , pre out , ps4 , receiver , Samsung , setup , subwoofer denon test tone , wifi , x3400h , x520bt , xbox one , zone 2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page