"OFFICIAL" 2017 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 364 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 135773Likes

post #10891 of 10968 Old 04-14-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Doesn't the 7.1 get output on a single digital cable?

How would you input that into 7.1 inputs?

Noah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10892 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21471 Post(s)
Liked: 11545
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdbh View Post
Hi.

When I have a LPCM 7.1 input into my receiver (AVR-X3400H), let's say from a ATV4k or PC or PS4 Pro, I am able to apply Dolby Surround and DTS:Neural:X to it.

If I have a 7.1 speaker setup should I be applying these up mixers on the 7.1 input? What would they even be doing? Could they possibly be distributing the 7.1 input amount the 7.1 speakers better?

(Sorry if this is a repost, I had a hard time searching for this particular situation.)

Thanks.
Nothing.
kmdbh likes this.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 04-15-2019 at 06:31 AM.
post #10893 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes, but only if the audio is Atmos encoded. As suggested, press the MOVIE button (not the PURE(AUTO) button) to see if Atmos is one of the selectable surround modes.
I have a UBD-K8500 feeding bitstream out to my X3400h that is driving a 5.1 channel system, and the X3400h will not use the ATMOS track. I don't see any reason why ATMOS shouldn't work with a 5.1 channel system (obviously I won't get the full benefit, but I want the highest quality signal getting to the AVR). All I have when I press the Movie button is various Dolby TrueHD modes, not ATMOS.

The X3400h sounds amazing, but I'd really like it to accept ATMOS, since I have paid for movies, a player, and an AVR that all support it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10894 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
I have a UBD-K8500 feeding bitstream out to my X3400h that is driving a 5.1 channel system, and the X3400h will not use the ATMOS track. I don't see any reason why ATMOS shouldn't work with a 5.1 channel system (obviously I won't get the full benefit, but I want the highest quality signal getting to the AVR). All I have when I press the Movie button is various Dolby TrueHD modes, not ATMOS.

The X3400h sounds amazing, but I'd really like it to accept ATMOS, since I have paid for movies, a player, and an AVR that all support it.

Atmos is just Dolby TrueHD but with the spacial speakers encoding.

You aren’t getting any less sound or more sound with 5.1 if you were able to enable Atmos. Does your system nothing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
simplepinoi177 likes this.

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #10895 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Atmos will only be enabled when you have a 7.1 system and change it to a 5.2.1 system.

BiggAW likes this.

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #10896 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
Atmos will only be enabled when you have a 7.1 system and change it to a 5.2.1 system.
Ok thanks, good to know.
Quicksilv3r likes this.
post #10897 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

If you are only driving 5.1 channels now with your X3400h and you are not using your other 2 channels for a zone 2 then should have 2 available channels for Atmos. 2 more speakers configured (and positioned) will get you to the missing ".2" of a 5.2.1 Atmos configuration.

"You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means."

-Steve-

TCL 55R617, Denon AVR-X2400H, Philips BDP-7502, Onkyo DX-C390, (2) HEOS 3HS2's,
Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble (FR/FL), MC150 (C), S100 (SR/SL), KLH E-12DB (SW)
post #10898 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 35
With all these 5.1 and Atmos discussion, and missing the "spacial encoding" from the Atmos soundtrack on a 5.1 system, I'm just curious (sorry if it's a stupid question...hopefully you guys are under the tenet of "no stupid questions"...), what if the 2 surround speakers were simply switched to the "surround back" speaker inputs instead?
I've read that surround backs and other surround back-like speakers only account for something like less than "10%" of the sound signal, so (now that I'm thinking about it), would moving the last 2 speakers to the surround backs give you a loss from whatever percentage of the sound signal the side-surrounds give to the mere lower than 10% -- albeit a superior "cooler" "spacial encoding" -- or would the receiver somewhat detect this and somehow send it properly picking up the "slack"? Or would the Denon simply detect the "trick" and still not offer the Atmos option/selection and just treat it as surround-sides regardless...?

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
post #10899 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post

So we are all speaking the same language - using an example of my 7.2.4 ATMOS setup, the first number “7” represents the main speakers arranged in the listening plane, so Left, Right, Center, Surround Left, Surround Right, Surround Back Left, and Surround Back Right. The second number “2” represents the number of subwoofers. The last number “4” represents the number of ATMOS height speakers. So in your example, unless he is changing the number of subwoofers, he would be going from a 7.1 system to a 5.1.2 system.

Most of the questions being discussed here are covered in the various guides that Dolby Labs has published which can be found here :

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/speaker-...des/index.html

Mark
post #10900 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
With all these 5.1 and Atmos discussion, and missing the "spacial encoding" from the Atmos soundtrack on a 5.1 system, I'm just curious (sorry if it's a stupid question...hopefully you guys are under the tenet of "no stupid questions"...), what if the 2 surround speakers were simply switched to the "surround back" speaker inputs instead?
I've read that surround backs and other surround back-like speakers only account for something like less than "10%" of the sound signal, so (now that I'm thinking about it), would moving the last 2 speakers to the surround backs give you a loss from whatever percentage of the sound signal the side-surrounds give to the mere lower than 10% -- albeit a superior "cooler" "spacial encoding" -- or would the receiver somewhat detect this and somehow send it properly picking up the "slack"? Or would the Denon simply detect the "trick" and still not offer the Atmos option/selection and just treat it as surround-sides regardless...?
Then you would get an error when doing the Audyssey setup. In a 5.1 setup, the surround speakers must be connected to the "SURROUND" speaker posts (even if they are physically placed behind the MLP).
simplepinoi177 and ahblaza like this.
post #10901 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

If the Atmos audio track is selected on the source, then the Dolby TrueHD that is being received by the AVR includes the Atmos metadata. As stated previously, unless there is a configured 7.1 or 5.1.2 setup, Atmos won't be displayed.
BiggAW likes this.
post #10902 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:

I have a 4400, which has nine speaker amps, and two pre-outs for subwoofers... so I have a 5.2.4 system.
Watching “A Quiet Place” last week I noticed:
If I turn on Zone 2 for sound/video in the kitchen, my AVR can NOT send Atmos in the movie Room. It sends 5.2 audio out. If I shut down zone 2, the needed amps for Atmos are available again and the movie causes the AVR to display “Atmos” instead of “Multi-Channel In and DD+” or just “Dolby Surround”.

Scared the pants off some friends who completely freaked at the sounds of the invader species running across the floor above us. It really did sound like it was upstairs.

—Thumprchgo
a.k.a., Mark, Prairiedawg, OldCrankInTheBack

Setup: Mostly plebeian, but carefully curated.
Denon AVR-X4400H, 9.2; Audyssey MultiEQ-XT32
Polk Audio RTiA series for L/C/R,
FXi series for Side Surrounds,
OMW5 for on-ceiling Atmos, at 5.2.4
Polk DSW-550 subs, two.
AppleTV 4K, Fire Stick 4K, QNAP NAS,
nanoAVR-DL (useless, don’t get me started)
MiniDSP 4x2HD for sub EQ and time-alignment
LG 55” 4K Dolby Vision
Innumerable beads of sweat
Thousands of frustrated, misspent hours
And one radiant smile just up ahead, off in the gloaming...

(Sent from my tablet)
BiggAW likes this.
post #10903 of 10968 Old 04-15-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdelaney View Post
If you are only driving 5.1 channels now with your X3400h and you are not using your other 2 channels for a zone 2 then should have 2 available channels for Atmos. 2 more speakers configured (and positioned) will get you to the missing ".2" of a 5.2.1 Atmos configuration.
So we are all speaking the same language - using an example of my 7.2.4 ATMOS setup, the first number “7” represents the main speakers arranged in the listening plane, so Left, Right, Center, Surround Left, Surround Right, Surround Back Left, and Surround Back Right. The second number “2” represents the number of subwoofers. The last number “4” represents the number of ATMOS height speakers. So in your example, unless he is changing the number of subwoofers, he would be going from a 7.1 system to a 5.1.2 system.

Most of the questions being discussed here are covered in the various guides that Dolby Labs has published which can be found here :

HA! I was wondering about that!
I should've read more carefully...but I honestly just chalked it up to him downgrading an Atmos speaker and inputting another sub...!

Quote:
Then you would get an error when doing the Audyssey setup. In a 5.1 setup, the surround speakers must be connected to the "SURROUND" speaker posts (even if they are physically placed behind the MLP).
Thanks for clarifying! Yeah, I don't have my .2 atmos "height" speakers exactly placed above and behind me but more above the 2 side-surrounds......

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
post #10904 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying! Yeah, I don't have my .2 atmos "height" speakers exactly placed above and behind me but more above the 2 side-surrounds......
In a 5.2.2 setup, ideally, the Top Middle speakers are placed above and about 1-2' forward of the main listening position.
post #10905 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post

Sorry, it should be a 5.1.2 system. I mixed up the numbers.

post #10906 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
If the Atmos audio track is selected on the source, then the Dolby TrueHD that is being received by the AVR includes the Atmos metadata. As stated previously, unless there is a configured 7.1 or 5.1.2 setup, Atmos won't be displayed.

JD. I notice that you mention that Atmos can be displayed (on my X6400H, or maybe any of the recent Denon models) if there is a 7.1 setup detected. That is in fact what I have. 7.1 and the receiver showing ATMOS when it is in the source. My question is whether the receiver is doing anything different in processing the audio for ATMOS encoded content for the 7.1 setup than it would if it were TrueHD in 7.1.Meaning I guess is there any object oriented processing going on. Is it doing anything with that metadata, or just showing me that it is there? I have heard some impressive surround sound from the system on tracks that are in Atmos. I am not sure if this impression that they sound better than "plain" TrueHD, is due to anything real in the processing, they are just good sound tracks with excellent positional information in the 7.1, or if I am suffering from expectation BIAS. Of course, the fact that the receiver displays ATMOS in this configuration would lead me to think that it is doing something different with ATMOS encoded material..

I have spent some time searching to see if there is any data about how ATMOS is processed in a 7.1 system, or if it is at all. But, I have come up empty. Any links or just expert knowledge will be appreciated.

Last edited by ppasteur; 04-16-2019 at 11:30 AM.
post #10907 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasteur View Post
JD. I notice that you mention that Atmos can be displayed (on my X6400H, or maybe any of the recent Denon models) if there is a 7.1 setup detected. That is in fact what I have. 7.1 and the receiver showing ATMOS when it is in the source. My question is whether the receiver is doing anything different in processing the audio for ATMOS encoded content for the 7.1 setup than it would if it were TrueHD in 7.1.Meaning I guess is there any object oriented processing going on. I have heard some impressive surround sound from the system on tracks that are in Atmos. I am not sure if this impression that they sound better than "plain" TrueHD, is due to anything real in the processing, they are just good sound tracks with excellent positional information in the 7.1, or if I am suffering from expectation BIAS. Of course, the fact that the receiver displays ATMOS in this configuration would lead me to think that it is doing something different with ATMOS encoded material..

I have spent some time searching to see if there is any data about how ATMOS is processed in a 7.1 system, or if it is at all. But, I have come up empty. Any links or just expert knowledge will be appreciated.
AFAIK, no.
post #10908 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 183
I had this question, if someone can answer it.

X3400 and x3500 have the same specs except that x3500 has a phono input. But x3400 is selling for almost half the price of X3500. I understand that the x3400 is a 2017 model but if the specs are same what difference does it make.

Are there other problems that people are reporting with X3400?
post #10909 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In a 5.2.2 setup, ideally, the Top Middle speakers are placed above and about 1-2' forward of the main listening position.
mmmm...yes, i'm aware. I only mentioned my set up positioning, albeit incorrect, in response to how you stated that even surround speakers could be "...physically placed behind the MLP"... and mine followed the same variation...
but I appreciate the education none-the-less...!

post #10910 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCA View Post
I had this question, if someone can answer it.

X3400 and x3500 have the same specs except that x3500 has a phono input. But x3400 is selling for almost half the price of X3500. I understand that the x3400 is a 2017 model but if the specs are same what difference does it make.

Are there other problems that people are reporting with X3400?
Although I absolutely love my 3400 and would recommend it to anyone, I will mention that I have had (and then upon further research, found that it is widespread as it seems to affect Denon/Marantz and even Onkyo brands) issues when it comes to HDMI handshaking issues between at least this receiver and Samsung TVs (and possibly including PS4 Pro & XBOX One S) where the bug seems to have issues with full 4:4:4 color space and/or 2160p at 60Hz. I managed to find a workaround using a particular HDMI cord (the one that came with the PS4 Pro) and using it specifically between the tv and receiver so that's what's being used for when they talk to each other. (*note: and before anyone intends to tell me about having the right HDMI cord, I am aware and even used this "DynamicView High Speed Cable" so it should've been covered...)
I mean, it's very far from a "deal breaker" as it applies to a small percentage, but just in case you planned for a similar set up and because you asked for "...problems that people are reporting with x3400", I figured I might say something. For all I know, the issue/bug might be prevalent in the 3500 as well...

hope this helps...
SouthernCA likes this.

post #10911 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdelaney View Post
I have two more speakers to make it 7.1, but I don't have in-ceiling or ceiling bounce speakers for Atmos. I'm currently in an apartment, so the 5.1 system with the X3400h driving it is already more than the apartment can reasonably handle without annoying the neighbors, but so far the system has been great. I use it mostly for TV/streaming, but occasionally watch a UHD Blu-Ray. I got the X3400h for the dual zone capability and expandability. If I build out a dedicated HT, I will use the X3400h for the living room with a 7.1 setup and get an x4400h or x4500h for the HT for a 7.2.4 setup.

Quote:
Although I absolutely love my 3400 and would recommend it to anyone, I will mention that I have had (and then upon further research, found that it is widespread as it seems to affect Denon/Marantz and even Onkyo brands) issues when it comes to HDMI handshaking issues between at least this receiver and Samsung TVs (and possibly including PS4 Pro & XBOX One S) where the bug seems to have issues with full 4:4:4 color space and/or 2160p at 60Hz.
Interesting. I cannot get my Roku to go 4k60p HDR through the AVR, but it will do it when connected directly to my Samsung JS850D. It will do 4k30p HDR or 4k60p non-HDR, which is annoying, but I haven't bothered troubleshooting it, as I'll probably move in a few months anyway. Unfortunately, HDMI seems to be inherently buggy, probably due to the fact that there are many different bandwidths, frame-rates, resolutions, color depths, etc, offered through it.
post #10912 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Although I absolutely love my 3400 and would recommend it to anyone, I will mention that I have had (and then upon further research, found that it is widespread as it seems to affect Denon/Marantz and even Onkyo brands) issues when it comes to HDMI handshaking issues between at least this receiver and Samsung TVs (and possibly including PS4 Pro & XBOX One S) where the bug seems to have issues with full 4:4:4 color space and/or 2160p at 60Hz. I managed to find a workaround using a particular HDMI cord (the one that came with the PS4 Pro) and using it specifically between the tv and receiver so that's what's being used for when they talk to each other. (*note: and before anyone intends to tell me about having the right HDMI cord, I am aware and even used this "DynamicView High Speed Cable" so it should've been covered...)

I mean, it's very far from a "deal breaker" as it applies to a small percentage, but just in case you planned for a similar set up and because you asked for "...problems that people are reporting with x3400", I figured I might say something. For all I know, the issue/bug might be prevalent in the 3500 as well...

hope this helps...
Thanks and the funny part is that I am also planning to buy Samsung UN75NU8000 TV. my HDMI cable needs to be 15 ft long and goes through inside the wall to reach to the back of the TV.

What cable would you recommend for this application?
post #10913 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks and the funny part is that I am also planning to buy Samsung UN75NU8000 TV. my HDMI cable needs to be 15 ft long and goes through inside the wall to reach to the back of the TV.

Monoprice is always a great option... (*note: if you do end up considering the "DynamicView", please keep in mind what I mentioned in the previous thread and that I hadn't had a 100% perfect experience with them...

But the additional advice I would give is to be sure you have a good n' thick "gauge" -- for the reason that you'll be running 15 feet and, I've heard/read, that this special 18GB signal can grate (not necessarily degrade per se) if it's travelling after a certain amount of feet; I believe I've read that 3 feet is the most optimum, but I imagine not so realistic in a home theater set up...-- and the other thing is to consider the "HDMI Premium Certified" stamp of approval... I'm unsure the full rating and weight/authority it carries, but it has to be a good thing... At the very least, if you do end up having issues between the 2 (or 3 if you include a UHD gaming console), you'll already be aware of its issues and such. If anything, here is the source I reference direct from Denon: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6849

But yeah, you might want to do further research on cable length and 18GB 4k signal correlations.

Outside of the cable but still pertinent, I suggest you constantly check the "info" pop up window and confirm the resolution, hertz, and color profile you would be currently viewing to see if there's any HDMI signal issues. Also, if you run into problems, I've heard/read that HDMI input distance and placement to the HDMI output has helped some in a couple of situations. If anything, that's something to be considered...

Hope this helps...!

post #10914 of 10968 Old 04-16-2019, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Does anyone know what this new update is for?

Edit
And another one following

simplepinoi177 and mrtickleuk like this.

Home theatre: 65" Samsung KS8500 /Sony UBD-X800 / Xbox One X Project Scorpio / PS4 Pro
Denon AVR-X4400H 7.1.4 config. / Plantronics Dolby Atmos RIG 600LX
Pioneer Andrew Jones L,R,C,SL,SR,SBL,SBR / (4) Polk Atrium 5 series FHL,FHR,RHL,RHR
SVS PB-2000 w/ SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System

Last edited by camd5pt0; 04-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.
post #10915 of 10968 Old 04-17-2019, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

For those of you with a sub (or subs) capable of going <20Hz, a recent update to the MultEQ Editor app has now removed the 20Hz roll-off resulting in much more pronounced lower bass response.
mjwagner and simplepinoi177 like this.
post #10916 of 10968 Old 04-17-2019, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by camd5pt0 View Post

Edit

To improve overall performance and stability

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
mjwagner and camd5pt0 like this.
post #10917 of 10968 Old 04-17-2019, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Monoprice is always a great option... (*note: if you do end up considering the "DynamicView", please keep in mind what I mentioned in the previous thread and that I hadn't had a 100% perfect experience with them...

But the additional advice I would give is to be sure you have a good n' thick "gauge" -- for the reason that you'll be running 15 feet and, I've heard/read, that this special 18GB signal can grate (not necessarily degrade per se) if it's travelling after a certain amount of feet; I believe I've read that 3 feet is the most optimum, but I imagine not so realistic in a home theater set up...-- and the other thing is to consider the "HDMI Premium Certified" stamp of approval... I'm unsure the full rating and weight/authority it carries, but it has to be a good thing... At the very least, if you do end up having issues between the 2 (or 3 if you include a UHD gaming console), you'll already be aware of its issues and such. If anything, here is the source I reference direct from Denon: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6849

But yeah, you might want to do further research on cable length and 18GB 4k signal correlations.

Outside of the cable but still pertinent, I suggest you constantly check the "info" pop up window and confirm the resolution, hertz, and color profile you would be currently viewing to see if there's any HDMI signal issues. Also, if you run into problems, I've heard/read that HDMI input distance and placement to the HDMI output has helped some in a couple of situations. If anything, that's something to be considered...

Hope this helps...!
Thanks once again.
post #10918 of 10968 Old 04-17-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked: 3254
Quote:

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store...hdmi-cable.htm
post #10919 of 10968 Old 04-17-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by camd5pt0 View Post

Edit

Just got the same update. I don't notice anything different.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
camd5pt0 likes this.
post #10920 of 10968 Old 04-17-2019, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I just updated firmware as well as I was greeted with the "update available" message when I turned on my X4400H this afternoon. After doing the update, I also had to update my other HEOS devices before it would let me connect to the X4400H and play music.

In addition, I noticed something did not sound right after the update while playing FLAC files (stereo / 2 channel) using BubbleUpnP (online music?). Music sounded brighter than I thought it did before. After checking settings, I found the culprit: [Setup / Audio / Restorer / Mode] had been set to "Low" after the update. I do not use this feature and set it back to "Off". All is well again. This is not the 1st time this has happened after updating firmware. Others may want to check as well.

Edit: I was playing a concert via Blu-ray tonight and noticed the audio and video were not in sync. Denon strikes again with the firmware update. The audio delay (Setup / Audio / Audio Delay / Adjust) had been reset to 0 ms. I had it set to 130 ms before the update. Annoying, but 1st world problems I guess.

Denon X4400H | Outlaw Model 5000 | Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers RAAL Tweeter l/r | SVS Ultra center | SVS Prime Satellite surrounds | 2 x SVS SB2000 subs | Sony-XBR-65X950G

Last edited by Ralps; 04-18-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
2400h , 3.0 , 4 ohm , 4200 , 4300 , 4400 , 7.1 , 7.1 setup , 7.2 , alexa , atmos , Audyssey , avr , avr-s730h , avr-x2400h , avrs730h , bi-amp , blueray , bluetooth , connectivity , Denon , denon x2400h remote controller , dolby surround up mixer , dts neural up mixer , Emotiva , enhanced 4k , hdmi , help please , Home Theater , ipod , lan , lpcm 7.1 , multi ch in , Netflix , Pioneer , pre amp , pre out , ps4 , receiver , Samsung , setup , subwoofer denon test tone , wifi , x3400h , x520bt , xbox one , zone 2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page