"OFFICIAL" 2017 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 444 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 136613Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13291 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 03:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
Quicksilv3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orangeville Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanNewsChris View Post
A firmware update was pushed to my S730H tonight (right in the middle of a movie). Anyone know what it was for?
Read the first 8 posts... As soon as JD gets information, he will update it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
Quicksilv3r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13292 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
MarkyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 607
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by glader60 Late last night, new firmware got pushed to my AVR-X4300H. I don't even know why it updated since I thought updates were turned off. Anyway after the update, none of my networking works. I use a hardwired Ethernet cable directly to my router. The router sees 100Mbps for the X4300H port, but the 4300 says the Ethernet is not connected
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
It’s not a hardware problem. The networking is broken after this update on my X3400H as well. It was perfectly fine yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl2 View Post
I hit update on my X3400H before reading this thread, but so far my ethernet connection (gigabit going in to a trendnet switch) seems to work fine just to add a data point. The network tests pass, and I can still control my receiver remotely from my home automation over IP. I've never used internet radio with it or HEOS, so can't comment on that.
Version of firmware installed is 7600-8281-6432-2065.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread to include the various resets available in post 5 which discusses both the Network Reset as well as how to restore the AVR to it's original factory firmware.

Thank you JD.

I tried all of the resets to no avail so I had to restore the original factory firmware. This worked, bringing back networking. But it wouldn't load my config file.

So I tried updating again and it has the same problem. You can enter the network settings but they will not save.

Now what? How can I get the previous firmware file?

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains, VP100 Center & M2v3 Surrounds. Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub. Polk RC60i Top Middle Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Chane A1.5s, RSL Speedwoofer 10S, MiniDSP DDRC-24 (Dirac Live).
MarkyM is offline  
post #13293 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
Thank you JD.

I tried all of the resets to no avail so I had to restore the original factory firmware. This worked, bringing back networking. But it wouldn't load my config file.

So I tried updating again and it has the same problem. You can enter the network settings but they will not save.

Now what? How can I get the previous firmware file?
I've been fighting a Heos no function problem since a recent (2 mo. or so) firmware update on my 4400. I'm now running at Factory Reset firmware level with updates turned off. Denon's response at this point is to send the unit to one of their east coast repair shops. Haven't decided it it's worth it to me or not and I may just stay at factory reset levels. BTW, I did not have any problems restoring config after Factory Reset.

I did ask to get copies of previous firmware files and this is what I got in response:

"1.) Unfortunately no. We stopped providing USB updates some time ago. Even looking at our engineering website, the individual files aren't available. There is a process to factory restore and rollback the firmware to factory version, and then do the latest update, but the in-between is not an option since each new update negates, adds to, and simultaneously contains the preceding data."

Cute. I find it a little hard to believe that the "files aren't available", more like we aren't going to give them to you.
davelr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13294 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
MarkyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 607
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post
I've been fighting a Heos no function problem since a recent (2 mo. or so) firmware update on my 4400. I'm now running at Factory Reset firmware level with updates turned off. Denon's response at this point is to send the unit to one of their east coast repair shops. Haven't decided it it's worth it to me or not and I may just stay at factory reset levels. BTW, I did not have any problems restoring config after Factory Reset.

I did ask to get copies of previous firmware files and this is what I got in response:

"1.) Unfortunately no. We stopped providing USB updates some time ago. Even looking at our engineering website, the individual files aren't available. There is a process to factory restore and rollback the firmware to factory version, and then do the latest update, but the in-between is not an option since each new update negates, adds to, and simultaneously contains the preceding data."

Cute. I find it a little hard to believe that the "files aren't available", more like we aren't going to give them to you.

Terrific. Then they better put out a new firmware to fix this network issue ASAP.

I'm trying again and will use the setup wizard to try and get the network settings to save.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains, VP100 Center & M2v3 Surrounds. Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub. Polk RC60i Top Middle Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Chane A1.5s, RSL Speedwoofer 10S, MiniDSP DDRC-24 (Dirac Live).
MarkyM is offline  
post #13295 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,595
Mentioned: 853 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24657 Post(s)
Liked: 13872
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
Thank you JD.

I tried all of the resets to no avail so I had to restore the original factory firmware. This worked, bringing back networking. But it wouldn't load my config file.

So I tried updating again and it has the same problem. You can enter the network settings but they will not save.

Now what? How can I get the previous firmware file?
Try requesting the May update via the request form --> https://usa.denon.com/en-us/download...UId=AVR-X3400H

Otherwise, perhaps another forum member has an earlier firmware version on USB that they can forward to you.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 06-26-2020 at 06:33 AM.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #13296 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
MarkyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 607
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
I'm trying again and will use the setup wizard to try and get the network settings to save.
OK, I restored to factory again and then immediately did the update.

This time, I went into the Setup Assistant / Network Setup and the network settings successfully saved.

I tried to load my config file from the previous firmware via USB stick and it failed.

So I had to setup everything manually from scratch and then, since I use the app for Audyssey, I was able to load my current Audyssey calibration, thank goodness.

All appears to be well. Auto Updates are now turned OFF!
davelr likes this.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains, VP100 Center & M2v3 Surrounds. Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub. Polk RC60i Top Middle Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Chane A1.5s, RSL Speedwoofer 10S, MiniDSP DDRC-24 (Dirac Live).
MarkyM is offline  
post #13297 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Firmware issues - X4400H

FWIW and in case it's of any help to others, the following is a response I sent to Denon after they asked me to try a few things. It describes the problem I'm working on and the firmware levels involved. Don't know if it matches others problems.

"Hello Eglon,
My apologies for delay in responding. I’m going to list each stage of the process with results relative to Heos function.

Stage 1 (current setting after factory reset)
Firmware – 5030-6265-6341-6104, DTS – 3.90.35.00
Heos function - All work both from the Android app and from front panel & remote controls

Stage 2 (firmware update)
Firmware - 5461-1353-8342-4145, DTS - 3.90.50.51
Heos function - No playback using either Android app or front/remote controls
(in this situation, you can select a Favorite radio station or a DLNA served music track and hit play now, but nothing plays and the screen stays where it was when the selection was made.

Stage 3 (applying your proposed fixes)
Firmware - same as stage 2
Powered off both cable modem and routers for several minutes and rebooted, good internet connection
Performed a Network reset on X4400 - BTW, I believe your instructions for initiating the network reset are incorrect. It should be Turn on AVR, select Heos input, hold Dimmer and > until network reset appears. Nevertheless, I tried your instructions first, they invoke the receiver setup assistant.
Following the Network Reset: (note that reset was fine and network status checks are fine)
Heos function - same as in Stage 2 except Android Heos app and remote control app can no longer contact the AVR. I unplugged the AVR for 30 sec., then reinstalled the Heos app but they still wouldn't connect. I then tried another network reset, but it didn't help either.
I realize that many problems can be traced to network issues, but as I documented in my earlier email I don't think this is necessarily a network issue. I believe it is a firmware issue.

Stage 4 (factory reset)
Firmware – 5030-6265-6341-6104, DTS – 3.90.35.00
Heos function - All work both from the Android app and from front panel & remote controls
Please note that all items which quit working following the firmware update are now functioning correctly.

If you have other firmware files that you'd like me to test, please send them to me as I can't get any earlier files off the web site.

Please advise on what you'd like me to do next.
Thanks"

Following this exchange I was told I'd have to send the unit in and I was escalated up the chain. When I asked the escalated staff for earlier firmware files I got the response quoted in my previous post.
davelr is offline  
post #13298 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 08:49 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi!

For the record, I got into the same issue this morning after I saw the "update complete" message on the display.
I am sure Auto-Update was turned off.

I restarted the reveiver and now, I have no networking, either Wifi nor Ethernet.

I am currently trying the Factory Reset but the wheel is turning forever during Network Setup.

It smells bad for me.

Regards,
KorT3X
KorT3XX is offline  
post #13299 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 10:01 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My bad, I performed a Microprocessor reset, not a Factory restore.

Currrently in progress...
KorT3XX is offline  
post #13300 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
MarkyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 607
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorT3XX View Post
Hi!

For the record, I got into the same issue this morning after I saw the "update complete" message on the display.
I am sure Auto-Update was turned off.

I restarted the reveiver and now, I have no networking, either Wifi nor Ethernet.

I am currently trying the Factory Reset but the wheel is turning forever during Network Setup.

It smells bad for me.

Regards,
KorT3X
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorT3XX View Post
My bad, I performed a Microprocessor reset, not a Factory restore.

Currrently in progress...

FYI...I did all of those resets with no joy.

It seems that the network settings all get set to defaults with DHCP off, causing the problem. When you try to change them, all appears well until you click "Save", which does nothing and you're right back where you started with no network settings.

What worked for me was accessing the network setup through the Support Assistant. I did this after restoring the factory firmware...but perhaps restoring first is not necessary.

Someone needs to try the Setup Assistant right after the pushed update and see if it works.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains, VP100 Center & M2v3 Surrounds. Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub. Polk RC60i Top Middle Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Chane A1.5s, RSL Speedwoofer 10S, MiniDSP DDRC-24 (Dirac Live).
MarkyM is offline  
post #13301 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 10:54 AM
Member
 
glader60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread to include the various resets available in post 5 which discusses both the Network Reset as well as how to restore the AVR to it's original factory firmware.
Thanks for pointed this out. I forgot how much great information is in the initial posts in this thread since for the last several years, my unit has been working nearly flawlessly, (until somehow this latest FW installed itself without my consent) so I haven't visited the 1st page of post in years.

Anyway, I restored the factory firmware and the network is working now, thank god. I can now use HEOS to stream music. Now if I can just find a more current FW version for my 4300 before the defect one was pushed out.

I did respond to my support ticket with Denon letting them know, they have a defective firmware version they are pushing out and breaking peoples networking. And even though their support said to send my unit in for hardware repair, I did a factory firmware restore and my networking started working again. I think with COVID-19, Denon is does not have their best people available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try requesting the May update via the request form --> https://usa.denon.com/en-us/download...UId=AVR-X3400H

Otherwise, perhaps another forum member has an earlier firmware version on USB that they can forward to you.
I tried using your URL, editing it for AVRX4300H to try to get a new then the factory FW, but I only saw one from 5-24-2017. Does anyone have a newer version or a link to a newer one? Or maybe the 5-24-17 is the last USB version?
glader60 is offline  
post #13302 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
MarkyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 607
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by glader60 View Post
Anyway, I restored the factory firmware and the network is working now, thank god. I can now use HEOS to stream music. Now if I can just find a more current FW version for my 4300 before the defect one was pushed out.

I did respond to my support ticket with Denon letting them know, they have a defective firmware version they are pushing out and breaking peoples networking. And even though their support said to send my unit in for hardware repair, I did a factory firmware restore and my networking started working again. I think with COVID-19, Denon is does not have their best people available.

I tried using your URL, editing it for AVRX4300H to try to get a new then the factory FW, but I only saw one from 5-24-2017. Does anyone have a newer version or a link to a newer one? Or maybe the 5-24-17 is the last USB version?

Have you tried going ahead with the update and then immediately go into the Setup Assistant to run the network setup. That worked for me on my 3400. The "regular" network setup won't save but the one in the Setup Assistant did for me.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains, VP100 Center & M2v3 Surrounds. Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub. Polk RC60i Top Middle Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Chane A1.5s, RSL Speedwoofer 10S, MiniDSP DDRC-24 (Dirac Live).
MarkyM is offline  
post #13303 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 01:04 PM
Member
 
glader60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
Have you tried going ahead with the update and then immediately go into the Setup Assistant to run the network setup. That worked for me on my 3400. The "regular" network setup won't save but the one in the Setup Assistant did for me.
I tried using the setup assistant, but not directly after the FW upgrade. I only tried the wizard when the network failed after the FW upgrade and manually setting up the network didn't work, the wizard got stuck looking for a network.



So I'm currently at the factory firmware and everything is working.
You're saying to:

  1. Allow the the latest firmware update via the network
  2. After the the FW is completed, do a processor reset which brings up the setup wizard. (or do I even need to do this step)
  3. Walk through the setup wizard letting it set up the network.
  4. Then networking will work (at least it did for you on your 3400)
BTW, with the factory firmware, save/restore config is missing from general.
ppasteur likes this.
glader60 is offline  
post #13304 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
MarkyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 607
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by glader60 View Post
I tried using the setup assistant, but not directly after the FW upgrade. I only tried the wizard when the network failed after the FW upgrade and manually setting up the network didn't work, the wizard got stuck looking for a network.



So I'm currently at the factory firmware and everything is working.
You're saying to:

  1. Allow the the latest firmware update via the network
  2. After the the FW is completed, do a processor reset which brings up the setup wizard. (or do I even need to do this step)
  3. Walk through the setup wizard letting it set up the network.
  4. Then networking will work (at least it did for you on your 3400)
BTW, with the factory firmware, save/restore config is missing from general.

The Setup Assistant is an option from the main Setup menu on my 3400.

So I selected that once the firmware update was completed. I didn't have to do any resets.

LG OLED55C6P, Panasonic UB-820, Sony UBP-X800, Zidoo X9S, Denon AVR-X3400H, vintage Carver M1.0T amp, Axiom M60v3 Mains, VP100 Center & M2v3 Surrounds. Original SVS 20-39pci Cylinder sub. Polk RC60i Top Middle Atmos. Desktop system: Fully restored (by me) vintage Marantz 2275 stereo receiver from 1976 driving a pair of Chane A1.5s, RSL Speedwoofer 10S, MiniDSP DDRC-24 (Dirac Live).
MarkyM is offline  
post #13305 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 04:32 PM
Member
 
glader60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Firmware upgrade caused networking to stop working.

AVR-X4300H
Here's the timeline.
  • Late at night while watching TV through the 4300, it automatically updated the firmware, even though I swear I had auto updates turned off.
  • After the update was completed, and the unit came back up, networking stopped working (neither wired or wireless worked) Network setting screen item were grey. Could not save DHCP, it would revert back to off after saving.
  • Contacted Denon support who had me do a processor reset, which didn't fix the network failure. They told me the hardware is bad and to send it to a repair center to be fixed.
  • Tried a network reset through the front panel, got stuck in loop trying to reset the network. Had to pull power cord.
  • Network still doesn't work
  • Tried a processor rest though front panel
  • Network still doesn't work
  • Installed factory firmware through front panel
  • Network started working
  • Updated firmware via network and networking continue to work, though FW version was blank and check FW update said there's an update,
  • Installed 2nd update and network continued working
My though of what may have been the problem. Updating from my last version of FW (not sure what version it was) to the current one caused some type of issue which broke networking? Or when upgraded the firmware, there was a glitch when being installed the first time and the second time it didn't? Just plain electronics voodoo?

Anyway, I'm back up and running, including networking, with Version 6461-6148-8432-2565 -DTS Version 3.90.50.51 and tuned off updates for sure.

Maybe this will help someone out with a similar problem.
glader60 is offline  
post #13306 of 13443 Old 06-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Update :

After the reset to factory firmware, I skipped all steps except for network configuration (wired).
It worked and detected the new firmware.
I launched the update and it kept my network configuration. Nice !

I didn't try to change the network settings not to mess everything.
I didn't restore any settings, I have relaunched Odyssey calibration and took screenshots of my conf before resetting the firmware.

Everything is back to normal but the new firmware is ovisously bugged.
KorT3XX is offline  
post #13307 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 08:03 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Performed firmware update on AVR-S730H

I normally stream Spotify through HEOS on my receiver and long story short, noticed a prompt for a firmware update this morning, after I couldn't "see" the device from my Spotify app. Always nervous about "updates" removing features, I looked and found this thread--wish I found it sooner, so much useful info!

Anyway, the recent posts made me nervous but looked like I had enough options to recover, so I figured I'd try to "regular" way... that is do the update without any precautions.

It worked for me... I use wireless network and I didn't lose my settings or have to do any resets outside of the normal firmware update activity. My update now shows:

FIRMWARE Version: 4600-8253-1032-2065
DTS Version: 3.90.50.00

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any subsequent updates. And Spotify "sees" the receiver, before I did the firmware update... not sure what happened there or if that was related to this "journey".
Darrel Maltby is offline  
post #13308 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 09:06 AM
Member
 
mmatusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
FYI...I did all of those resets with no joy.

It seems that the network settings all get set to defaults with DHCP off, causing the problem. When you try to change them, all appears well until you click "Save", which does nothing and you're right back where you started with no network settings.

What worked for me was accessing the network setup through the Support Assistant. I did this after restoring the factory firmware...but perhaps restoring first is not necessary.

Someone needs to try the Setup Assistant right after the pushed update and see if it works.
Hey, all.

Wow. I’m relieved that I found this thread.

Add me to the list of people who lost all networking for my x4400 after I initiated the 2020/06/25 firmware update on that very same day. It’s helpful to know that Denon’s firmware is indeed responsible for this networking failure.

These three recovery attempts all failed in restoring my network capability:
1) a restart
2) a soft reset
3) a network card reset (spinning wheel; nothing happened)

Before I try to exercise the nuclear option and perform a microprocessor reset, I followed MarkyM’s request and tried to re-establish my network access via the Network Setup option in the Setup Assistant. No joy. (I couldn’t even try to re-establish my wired connection because the x4400 would not let me get past the “connect an ethernet cable” step, even after unplugging and plugging the cable. The wireless connection attempt failed with a “Network not found message.”)

Although I have a config file on a a USB stick, earlier comments suggest that that file might be useless after the nuclear option. I’ve taken pictures of certain configuration screens just in case.

Anyway, fingers crossed going forward.

By the way, here’s my firmware info presumably with the faulty firmware installed:

Version: 5461-8203-8332-2165
-DTS Version: 3.90.50.51

Last edited by mmatusky; 06-27-2020 at 09:16 AM.
mmatusky is offline  
post #13309 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 09:31 AM
Member
 
robbierobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria, Bc Canada
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatusky View Post
Hey, all.



Wow. I’m relieved that I found this thread.



Add me to the list of people who lost all networking for my x4400 after I initiated the 2020/06/25 firmware update on that very same day. It’s helpful to know that Denon’s firmware is indeed responsible for this networking failure.



These three recovery attempts all failed in restoring my network capability:

1) a restart

2) a soft reset

3) a network card reset (spinning wheel; nothing happened)



Before I try to exercise the nuclear option and perform a microprocessor reset, I followed MarkyM’s request and tried to re-establish my network access via the Network Setup option in the Setup Assistant. No joy. (I couldn’t even try to re-establish my wired connection because the x4400 would not let me get past the “connect an ethernet cable” step, even after unplugging and plugging the cable. The wireless connection attempt failed with a “Network not found message.”)



Although I have a config file on a a USB stick, earlier comments suggest that that file might be useless after the nuclear option. I’ve taken pictures of certain configuration screens just in case.



Anyway, fingers crossed going forward.



By the way, here’s my firmware info presumably with the faulty firmware installed:



Version: 5461-8203-8332-2165

-DTS Version: 3.90.50.51
Same Firmware on my 4400 no issues like others.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
robbierobot is offline  
post #13310 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Member
 
mmatusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierobot View Post
Same Firmware on my 4400 no issues like others.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Interesting. Have you done the 2020/06/25 update? And, if so, did you do it on that very day, presumably before Denon might have pulled the faulty update from its servers?

I really don’t understand Denon firmware version numbers. My records indicate that the last update I had done, on 2020/03/14, left me at that time with this firmware version:

Firmware: 5461-1353-8342-4145
-DTS: 3.90.50.51

The info I quoted earlier was what I now see with the faulty (i.e., no networking) firmware presumably installed. I, like some others, have always configured my Denon to never allow auto updates.

Last edited by mmatusky; 06-27-2020 at 10:16 AM.
mmatusky is offline  
post #13311 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Member
 
robbierobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria, Bc Canada
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatusky View Post
Interesting. Have you done the 2020/06/25 update? And, if so, did you do it on that very day, presumably before Denon might have pulled the faulty update?



I really don’t understand Denon version numbers. My records indicate that the last update I had done, on 03/14/2020, left me at that time with this firmware version:



Firmware: 5461-1353-8342-4145

-DTS: 3.90.50.51



The info I quoted earlier was what I now see with the faulty (i.e., no networking) firmware presumably installed. I, like some others, have always configured my Denon to never allow auto updates.
I have Auto Updates on.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
robbierobot is offline  
post #13312 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierobot View Post
I have Auto Updates on.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
I went to disable auto updates after reading these posts, but too late! Now my Denon iPhone app does not see the receiver. I’m assuming the Audyssey App is going to have the same problem. What a pain!!

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is online now  
post #13313 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 06:50 PM
Member
 
robbierobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria, Bc Canada
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
I went to disable auto updates after reading these posts, but too late! Now my Denon iPhone app does not see the receiver. I’m assuming the Audyssey App is going to have the same problem. What a pain!!
You on the same firmware as in the picture?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
robbierobot is offline  
post #13314 of 13443 Old 06-27-2020, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierobot View Post
You on the same firmware as in the picture?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Yes, the same, 2165.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is online now  
post #13315 of 13443 Old 06-28-2020, 06:40 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I had the same problem with nonfunctional network on my 2400H today.

I resolved it in the following steps:

1. Processor and other similar resets didn't help
2. Restore to factory default firmware with CH- + Dimmer while pressing Power
3. At this stage everything worked, i even had TuneIN internet radio favorites i defined two years ago
4. Firmware update to latest version - 4600-8270-7032-2065 DTS 3.90.50.00
5. Favorites are gone again, but networking works now
Clash is offline  
post #13316 of 13443 Old 06-28-2020, 07:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Sorry to hear so many having issues with this latest update. Here's 1 more data point.

Updated firmware successfully, thankfully no issues.
version: 5461-8203-8332-2165
dts version: 3.90.50.51

X4400H
Wireless networking
Declined the update for several days choosing to "remind me later".
After declining the update this morning, I opened the HEOS app on my phone, and it too, wanted me to update, so I took a chance and let it update.
AVR was turned on before the update started.
I have 3 HEOS devices in the house including the X4400H - all 3 devices updated (AVR needed to download software first, the other 2 devices already had the download and started updating immediately).
Networking, favorites, etc. all working as before on the X4400H
I can "see" the AVR from my phone in the Denon 2016 app and HEOS app

Any chance that if the update was performed as an "auto update" this has something to do with it (updating while in standby at first)? Seems like several have posted that their AVR broke after an auto update was applied. Not sure why that would matter.

Denon X4400H | Outlaw Model 5000 | Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers RAAL Tweeter l/r | SVS Ultra center | SVS Prime Satellite surrounds | 3 x SVS SB2000 subs | MiniDSP 2X4HD | Sony-XBR-65X950G
Ralps is offline  
post #13317 of 13443 Old 06-28-2020, 07:23 AM
Member
 
mmatusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralps View Post
Sorry to hear so many having issues with this latest update. Here's 1 more data point.

Updated firmware successfully, thankfully no issues.
version: 5461-8203-8332-2165
dts version: 3.90.50.51

X4400H
Wireless networking
Declined the update for several days choosing to "remind me later".
After declining the update this morning, I opened the HEOS app on my phone, and it too, wanted me to update, so I took a chance and let it update.
AVR was turned on before the update started.
I have 3 HEOS devices in the house including the X4400H - all 3 devices updated (AVR needed to download software first, the other 2 devices already had the download and started updating immediately).
Networking, favorites, etc. all working as before on the X4400H
I can "see" the AVR from my phone in the Denon 2016 app and HEOS app

Any chance that if the update was performed as an "auto update" this has something to do with it (updating while in standby at first)? Seems like several have posted that their AVR broke after an auto update was applied. Not sure why that would matter.
Maybe Denon pulled the the faulty 2020/06/25 firmware later on that day or the next and then replaced it with a good firmware update. It’d be helpful to know if Denon has already addressed their 2020/06/25 snafu.
mmatusky is offline  
post #13318 of 13443 Old 06-28-2020, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ted99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,086
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 486
It appears that all the recent updates have been HEOS-related. Since I don't use HEOS, I'm going to turn off auto updates and look for feedback on this forum.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, Emotiva E1 sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
Ted99 is offline  
post #13319 of 13443 Old 06-28-2020, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 2,067
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
Just another firmware update data point. My x6400h reports -

Version: 6461-8263-0132-2165
DTS Version: 3.90.50.51

I have it set to auto update so no idea when it actually updated. I have experienced no network connectivity issues. My x6400h is connected via hardwire Ethernet.

Mark
mjwagner is online now  
post #13320 of 13443 Old 06-28-2020, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Quicksilv3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orangeville Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Just another firmware update data point. My x6400h reports -



Version: 6461-8263-0132-2165

DTS Version: 3.90.50.51



I have it set to auto update so no idea when it actually updated. I have experienced no network connectivity issues. My x6400h is connected via hardwire Ethernet.
I updated mine and I'm hardwired to the internet as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
Quicksilv3r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
2400h , 3.0 , 4 ohm , 4200 , 4300 , 4400 , 7.1 , 7.1 setup , 7.2 , alexa , atmos , audio , Audyssey , avr , avr-s730h , avr-x2400h , avrs730h , bi-amp , blueray , bluetooth , center , circuit breaker , connectivity , Denon , denon avrx3400h , denon x2400h remote controller , dolby surround up mixer , dts neural up mixer , Emotiva , enhanced 4k , hdmi , help please , Home Theater , ipod , lan , lpcm 7.1 , multi ch in , Netflix , optical inputs , Pioneer , powering off , pre amp , pre out , ps4 , receiver , Samsung , setup , shut off , subwoofer denon test tone , theater , wifi , x3400h , x520bt , xbox one , yellow glue , zone 2

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off