Pioneer SX-N30 Spotify Connectivity :@ - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-25-2017, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Angry Pioneer SX-N30 Spotify Connectivity :@

Hi all,

Hopefully just a quick one (and hopefully I'm doing it right as this is my first post)!

I've got a Pioneer SX-N30 receiver set up in my room and quite often use Spotify or Airplay to stream music to it. My family all have their own Spotify accounts and stream to speakers in the house but sometimes they manage to connect to my amp and normally when it happens, the volume is cranked up and it scares the cr*p out of me!

I'm wondering if there's a way to put some sort of code or lock on the amp so that only my phone can connect to it? I'd be okay with inputting the code on the remote before being able to stream the music if that was an option.

The worst is when my younger sister connects and some utter rubbish starts blasting through my poor speakers!

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-25-2017, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 157
As far as I know, security isn't implemented on these kinds of devices. The manual will discuss it if it's available. You could do it by setting up firewall rules on your router, but it'll take some fiddling.

I'm also an author! Gemini Gambit - He's trying to save the world. She's trying to hide from it. When they meet, death is the least of their worries. http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Gambit-...dp/0986396214/
Its sequel, Dragon's Ark, is also available. Behind the Great Firewall of China, there are secrets people will kill to keep. https://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Ark-G...dp/B01LD5BYV4/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer , receiver , spotify , SX-N30

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page