Schiit Audio Products Owners-Watcha Got? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 08-09-2018, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My Music Library (of Schiit)

Decided I wanted a two-channel (quasi) old-school setup in my den to turn it into a "Music Library". I love music and books - so having a room dedicated to both was a no brainer. The only problem is that the room is pretty acoustically challenged (too small, and the best acoustic layout just doesn't work from a practical standpoint).

Still waiting on a pair of Salk Signature Sound Song 3A's - custom built by a true craftsman in Pontiac, MI. They are at present 64% built (and stuck at that mark for the past 4-6 weeks patience...patience...) In the interim, I've just got my old pair of Polk Monitors from the late 80's, with a SVS SB1000 to fill out the low end.

The pre-amp is a Schiit Freya (it was back ordered for like 10 weeks), currently setup single-ended driving a single Schiit Vidar power amp.

My sources include an ATLP5 Audio Technica direct-drive turntable with the stock cartridge. I'm using the Schiit Mani Phono-Pre in between the ATLP5 and the Freya. For shiny discs, I've got a TEAC CD-2000 SACD player which I picked up in great condition on eBay.

The TEAC pulls double-duty as a DAC. I've got a Mac Mini Roon Server in the basement, and another Mac Mini Roon Endpoint in the listening room. Between the Mac Mini Endpoint and the DAC is a Schiit Wyrd to clean up the USB signal.

I'm using a Panamax Surge Suppressor / Switcher, and the entry level Pangea Audio power and source cables throughout. I'm not a huge believer at this point in spending huge dollars on cables, but the Pangea Audio cables are well built, good-quality cables that accent the system without breaking the bank. My audio stand is a Salamander Design Synergy unit. I love the way it is put together, and the fact I can configure and re-configure it to my heart's content whenever I make a change.

I'm getting the itch to upgrade to either a Schiit Gugnir Multibit or Bifrost Multibit DAC, add another Schiit Vidar to go from 100W stereo to 400W bridged, or upgrade my cartridge. Half my brain tells me the cartridge would be the best buy at this point - although I only listen to vinyl about a ¼ of the time. The other half of my brain says don't buy anything else until the Salk's come in, and then go with acoustic treatments next.

So far I'm liking my Schiit, but I REALLY won't know if it is good Schiit or not until the Salk Song-3A's come in. They are about 100x better speakers than what I'm living with now.

I did hear my (nearly) exact system at AXPONA in Chicago this year in the Salk/Schiit room - and I was highly impressed. I figure if it sounded that good in a square hotel room, it will probably sound pretty damn good in my acoustically challenged Music Library with a little bit of acoustic treatment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6685 copy.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	2439838  

I hate all this downtime in between drafts...(unidentified Lions loyalist '2004)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 10-27-2018, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Took delivery of a Mani yesterday, coupled with an AudioTechnica AT-1240 USB turntable and Nagaoka MD-150 cart. In early listening seems some albums had a muffled sound, not crisp and clear. Has anyone found that the Mani needs some break-in time before it comes into its own?

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
freya , made in the usa , magni 2 uber , modi 2 , preamp , schiit , tubes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page