MultEQ Editor: New App for Denon & Marantz AV Receivers & Pre/Pros - Page 143 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2326Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
D Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Wow. The only time the app worked was the first time. Since then, it freezes on the analyzing room data screen, or if I'm lucky enough to get past that screen then I get the error message that I need to cycle the power on the AVR and try again............... Which I have, 373 times.

Yea my phone is old, but that "old" phone lets me call my daughter on Facebook who is over 8,000 miles away without a single drop, it streams Pandora when I'm in the middle of BFE on my mountain bike, it navigates me safely wherever I need to go...... and oh yea, it makes phone calls.

On top of the app not working, the one and only time it did work it did not send the Flat curve, so now that poor curve is somewhere in Narnia - alone and scared.

I will be getting a refund for my hard earned $20 as I don't trust this app to open my garage door remotely, much less transfer every single 0 and 1 correctly.

Have fun everyone.
ahblaza and vn800art like this.
D Bone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,545
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 261
So does everyone agree that doing the 8 calibration positions a foot apart seem to work the best?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Brian_Barros is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muad'dib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,339
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Barros View Post
So does everyone agree that doing the 8 calibration positions a foot apart seem to work the best?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
There is an interesting process that was posted In different forum.. I have to try it, but according to results it looks might be amazing..

See..

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

See this photo what he was saying to do..

Basically when looking at photo..
Bottom left corner of triangle is the MLP. Ear height..

Thrn top of triangle left side is 12" above MLP..

Thrn along the angle line of triangle are the remaining point to measure (upto 8) where last reading is at bottom right of triangle..

This is 12" from MLP and is also ear height...
giomania and ahblaza like this.

Last edited by muad'dib; 05-18-2019 at 04:08 PM.
muad'dib is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2019, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
D Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Just to put an end to my story. I asked for a refund from Google and was immediately given a 100% refund without question since it was within 24hrs of purchasing...... the weird part is they somehow uninstalled it from my phone.

Kind of creepy that they are able to actually remove programs from my device. I fully expected to open the app and see some type of "you must first pay for this app in order for it to work" notice, but certainly not "an invisible man came into my house, grabbed my phone without permission and hit the uninstall this app button".

Strange world we live in.
ahblaza and vn800art like this.
D Bone is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobknavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Danbury, CT, USA
Posts: 4,193
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2130 Post(s)
Liked: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
Just to put an end to my story. I asked for a refund from Google and was immediately given a 100% refund without question since it was within 24hrs of purchasing...... the weird part is they somehow uninstalled it from my phone.

Kind of creepy that they are able to actually remove programs from my device. I fully expected to open the app and see some type of "you must first pay for this app in order for it to work" notice, but certainly not "an invisible man came into my house, grabbed my phone without permission and hit the uninstall this app button".

Strange world we live in.
Interesting. I recall some Apple customers being a bit freaked when similar things were done to them for other apps, but I didn't know that Google had achieved parity.

It's a bit late to suggest this, but I've had better luck running the app in the Blue Tacks android emulator on a Windows PC. It's still far from perfect. but a single power cycling of the AVR tends to prevent further communication issues.

It didn't work well on my Samsung SM-P600 tablet. My Galaxy Core smartphone (bought for $20 as a refurb) doesn't have enough RAM to install the app.
D Bone likes this.
bobknavs is online now  
Old 05-18-2019, 01:26 PM
Member
 
ellisda1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
Wow. The only time the app worked was the first time. Since then, it freezes on the analyzing room data screen, or if I'm lucky enough to get past that screen then I get the error message that I need to cycle the power on the AVR and try again............... Which I have, 373 times.

Yea my phone is old, but that "old" phone lets me call my daughter on Facebook who is over 8,000 miles away without a single drop, it streams Pandora when I'm in the middle of BFE on my mountain bike, it navigates me safely wherever I need to go...... and oh yea, it makes phone calls.

On top of the app not working, the one and only time it did work it did not send the Flat curve, so now that poor curve is somewhere in Narnia - alone and scared.

I will be getting a refund for my hard earned $20 as I don't trust this app to open my garage door remotely, much less transfer every single 0 and 1 correctly.

Have fun everyone.
Before you bail - I had a similar problem the first time I ran the app. My AVR is in a cabinet... I had to move my phone closer (just a couple of feet...) and re-run the calibration. Everything worked great with the phone relocation. Give it a try - you might get luckly.
ellisda1 is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
D Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisda1 View Post
Before you bail - I had a similar problem the first time I ran the app. My AVR is in a cabinet... I had to move my phone closer (just a couple of feet...) and re-run the calibration. Everything worked great with the phone relocation. Give it a try - you might get luckly.
I tried with the phone inches from the AVR, as well as inches from the modem..... I tried standing up, sitting down, standing on one foot while holding my breath..... heck, I even tried while softly chanting Chris Kyriakakis over and over.

Nothing worked.
ahblaza and vn800art like this.
D Bone is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,651
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2047 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
Just to put an end to my story. I asked for a refund from Google and was immediately given a 100% refund without question since it was within 24hrs of purchasing...... the weird part is they somehow uninstalled it from my phone.



Kind of creepy that they are able to actually remove programs from my device. I fully expected to open the app and see some type of "you must first pay for this app in order for it to work" notice, but certainly not "an invisible man came into my house, grabbed my phone without permission and hit the uninstall this app button".



Strange world we live in.
That's how paid apps work. You can't install a paid app before you pay for it. Subseqeuntly you can't uninstall an app after you got your money back on it because its no longer a paid app.The Play store reaches out to your phone all the time to effect apps. They're called updates. You also don't have to use your old phone to run the app but that's more for the next person reading this and thinking their phone is the only option. It isn't.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is online now  
Old 05-18-2019, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
D Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,683
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
That's how paid apps work. You can't install a paid app before you pay for it. Subseqeuntly you can't uninstall an app after you got your money back on it because its no longer a paid app.The Play store reaches out to your phone all the time to effect apps. Their called updates. You also don't have to use your old phone to run the app but that's more for the next person reading this and thinking their phone is the only option. It isn't.
When it is available to be run as a native program on my Windows 10 machine, then I'll revisit it.... It wasn't all doom and gloom though, as it proved to me that the standard XT32 Reference setting running full throttle sounds pretty damn great.

Have a great thread everyone, and I'll keep an ear out if the program ever makes it to what I consider mainstream.
D Bone is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,651
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2047 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
When it is available to be run as a native program on my Windows 10 machine, then I'll revisit it....
Be nice I agree although probably not going to happen.

Quote:
It wasn't all doom and gloom though, as it proved to me that the standard XT32 Reference setting running full throttle sounds pretty damn great.
Nothing personal but I don't see any doom and gloom just an inveterate position. My Amazon Alexa app on my mothers old phone doesn't have the call or drop in intercom functionality that my newer Galaxy S7 has but I still kept the app on it. These mobile apps needing newer device firmware to be fully functional is a problem though. I don't trade up phones every year either.


Quote:
Have a great thread everyone, and I'll keep an ear out if the program ever makes it to what I consider mainstream.
It's mainstream enough for most of the power users and thread support staff here on AVS to be making good use of it so that ear might get a bit tired before things drastically change.

Free advice to all:

Read the Audyssey 101 thread thouroughly and often before buying the MultEQ app. Many of your questions are already answered there and will give you a deeper understanding of why things can be and are different between calibration runs and versions of Audyssey.

The MultEQ app is going to be constantly updated and is not a finished product. Its better now than it was when it first came out and 6 months from now it will probably be better than it is right now. For 20 bucks which is 4 Subway sandwiches its an absolute steal as to it's current capabilities IMHO but does have some issues with certain device CPU's. The fix is either another device's processing power (preferably your PC using an Android emulator) or buyers remorse and seeing red. I chose the emulator. Righteous indignation just feels good.That's it. It never solves a problem or moves anything forward. No shame in wanting your money back. Also no shame in taking the time to make something work a bit differently than you had initially envisioned. Still wish good luck to all who choose either route.
jherring69 and pappaduke like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 05-19-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Madmax67 is online now  
Old 05-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Jon AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: WA State
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Personally, having used the App for a while now and really gotten the hang of it...if it cost $200 instead of $20 I'd still buy it in a hot minute. The capabilities it gives you above and beyond the receiver version would be well worth that price to me. It's far from perfect, but room correction with more functionality (Dirac, etc) cost a whole lot more.
audiofan1 likes this.
Jon AA is online now  
Old 05-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
rosstg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 136
I definitely prefer the app but in a way it’s been a bit of pain and the cause for me constantly tweaking. Using the AVR I would calibrate then be done with it. I’ve done my fair share of listening with MultiEQ limited to 300 & 500hz but for movies I prefer full range. It just seems to tighten things up. Soundtracks are more natural with more clarity. I prefer the app so I can turn off MRC and my subs are 3db higher.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/
rosstg is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 10:59 PM
Member
 
kaydee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Never had issues with the app. Maybe because I’m running it on the iOS. $20 is definitely not expensive considering the price I paid for the x8500.
audiofan1 and Sal1950 like this.
kaydee6 is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,428
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstg View Post
I definitely prefer the app but in a way it’s been a bit of pain and the cause for me constantly tweaking. Using the AVR I would calibrate then be done with it. I’ve done my fair share of listening with MultiEQ limited to 300 & 500hz but for movies I prefer full range. It just seems to tighten things up. Soundtracks are more natural with more clarity. I prefer the app so I can turn off MRC and my subs are 3db higher.
What?!?!

Your advertisement of limiting EQ is one of the reasons I have been trying it..haha.

Sony XBR-65Z9D / Oppo UDP-203 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
rosstg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
What?!?!

Your advertisement of limiting EQ is one of the reasons I have been trying it..haha.
lol I’ve listened for a few months limited and full range. Usually a few weeks at a time. They both sound very good but at louder volumes I prefer full range, it doesn’t seem to really change the voice of my speaker much, just refines them. I tried DEQ off, couldn’t live without it. DEQ with MultiEQ limited increases treble too much.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/
rosstg is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,428
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstg View Post
lol I’ve listened for a few months limited and full range. Usually a few weeks at a time. They both sound very good but at louder volumes I prefer full range, it doesn’t seem to really change the voice of my speaker much, just refines them. I tried DEQ off, couldn’t live without it. DEQ with MultiEQ limited increases treble too much.
My plan is to stick with it (limited to 300hz) for a couple of weeks. Initial impressions was that I didn't really notice any difference. On some movies, I did notice that I had better vocals from male voices in movies with EQ limited...when I switched back to full range, I did notice a hair of coloration but it's so subtle not sure I care too much.

On some movies, I noticed a little more clarity too in the F/L speakers.

Sony XBR-65Z9D / Oppo UDP-203 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Senior Member
 
rosstg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
My plan is to stick with it (limited to 300hz) for a couple of weeks. Initial impressions was that I didn't really notice any difference. On some movies, I did notice that I had better vocals from male voices in movies with EQ limited...when I switched back to full range, I did notice a hair of coloration but it's so subtle not sure I care too much.

On some movies, I noticed a little more clarity too in the F/L speakers.
Yeah I think it comes down to the speakers and room. I have Klipsch RP’s in a treated room. They are very clear articulate speakers. With some content, mostly older movies (which I watch a lot) they can sound harsh near reference volume with EQ limited. With full range my clarity is retained but not harsh. I don’t listen to music in my room, only movies and tv. With DEQ on a d MultiEQ high frequencies are boosted further making it harsher so I just leave it. I do turn off MRC.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/
rosstg is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 06:33 PM
Member
 
puntloos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
Not too long ago I noticed that one of the two Marantz Android Apps stopped working after it was updated. Now I'm down to one for the 7010. This new Audyssey app not being available for the 7010 as well, I guess I'll work both Audyssey and REW together.
Indeed. I'm also wondering what prevents the 7010 from doing this. It's possible it's "fair" and the 7010 lacks some crucial hardware and it's possible it's fully capable, but they just want you to buy the latest model. Would not be surprised if (for example) 7011 firmware would simply work in a 7010 and/or a slightly hacked android app would work just fine..
vn800art likes this.

Kodi Streamer -> Marantz 7010 -> Nord 500DMUP -> Quad 2912
puntloos is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
rosstg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 136
I’ve noticed my dual PB1000’s need to be close to my wall and benefit greatly when placed in the corner. I have them 3 inches away from the wall outside my mains which are spread apart by 6 feet exactly pointing right at my main spot as per Klipsch recommendation. When I had them on the inside in between my mains bass was good but didn’t hit that hard, I noticed nulls and localization was an issue. Now bass hits really hard, localization is completely gone, bass surrounds me and I can feel it in my couch. I notice more detail in musical notes now since they have more impact. My mains sound better than when they were spread wide. The Atmos effect is also much better.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/
rosstg is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arlington, Va.
Posts: 1,549
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 529
I think I had a currupted file because after making some changes to my file to experiment I lost all of my bass, no clue how that happened. I had a non molested file I did not touch which was a copy of the original. I made all of the changes I had on the corrupted file and loaded the new file and seems like bass came back, does any of his make sense? I also noticed when I was changing where I wanted correction to occur 500HZ and lower. The sub was set at 250hz is that correct? Should the sub correction limit be changed ? I have two JL F112v2 subs?

Thanks for any input

Dave-t
Dave-T is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sal1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central FL
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon AA View Post
Personally, having used the App for a while now and really gotten the hang of it...if it cost $200 instead of $20 I'd still buy it in a hot minute. The capabilities it gives you above and beyond the receiver version would be well worth that price to me. It's far from perfect, but room correction with more functionality (Dirac, etc) cost a whole lot more.
Considering the cost of it's predecessor, Audyssey Pro, Editor is a fantastic steal at $20. Stop by McDonnalds and order dinner for 2 and your libel to spend that or more. (unless you order kids meals LOL). I can understand some frustration over it's use or bugs, but getting all bent over $20 just make me laugh. In the greatest majority of cases it is user error or improper gear at the heart of the issue.
BTW, yet another vote for a native Windows application!
TIA
ahblaza, jt7272, Madmax67 and 1 others like this.

Sony XBR75-X940D, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
HSU Research 5.2 speaker system (4) HB-1 MK2, (1) HC-1 MK2, (2) STF-2,
Klipsch HT500 satalites (4) for ceiling mounted ATMOS playback
DIY Linux desktop w/Clementine bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
Sal1950 is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1950 View Post
In the greatest majority of cases it is user error or improper gear at the heart of the issue.TIA
I'd have to disagree with this on a technical level. I don't think you can have "improper gear" when trying to communicate with a AVR device. This data link should be stable and non-buggy but that is the exact opposite of the editor app, at least when used with the AV7705 Marantz unit.

After many many days + hours of messing with it because of "communication issues" the long and short of it comes down to having to go through a unit "Network Reset" before I can get through a calibration run. Also it crashes trying to push the data to the AVR unit. Another "Network Reset" is required before it will take.

If you mean improper gear while trying to turn a turd into a diamond then agreed.

Another vote for a Windows app version and one that handles recalculating of the Xover regions for sub integration when you manually change the Xover points.

I'd give this app a 20 out of 10 if the communication worked properly and if the slopes for the Sub integration worked correctly after manually changing the Xover points post calibration.
D Bone likes this.
mlee1 is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sal1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central FL
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee1 View Post
I'd have to disagree with this on a technical level. I don't think you can have "improper gear" when trying to communicate with a AVR device. This data link should be stable and non-buggy but that is the exact opposite of the editor app, at least when used with the AV7705 Marantz unit.
I'd guess the vast majority of communication crashes are do to a lack of RAM in the mobile device.

Sony XBR75-X940D, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
HSU Research 5.2 speaker system (4) HB-1 MK2, (1) HC-1 MK2, (2) STF-2,
Klipsch HT500 satalites (4) for ceiling mounted ATMOS playback
DIY Linux desktop w/Clementine bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
Sal1950 is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1950 View Post
I'd guess the vast majority of communication crashes are do to a lack of RAM in the mobile device.
Could be. My phone has enough RAM and the app on my phone and Bluestacks behave identically. They even crash at the same spot. Both require multiple AV7705 unit Network Resets to be able to use the app. No other changes to the app or network required.

Once that works the app is great! And to be honest after knowing the secret sauce it is a minor inconvenience; however, debugging to this point was a great time waster and I almost sold my unit because of it. Glad I did not as it works great otherwise. The last couple of unit firmware updates did not fix the issue either.

Not sure the about others problems but I suspect there is something going on a technical level between different models which makes using the app painful for some people.
mlee1 is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,428
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Not that it matters to the people that have had issues, but I've had weekends of tweaking/testing in which I must have done over 100 runs on the App and it didn't crash or fail to send/upload once...

Sony XBR-65Z9D / Oppo UDP-203 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,428
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-T View Post
I think I had a currupted file because after making some changes to my file to experiment I lost all of my bass, no clue how that happened. I had a non molested file I did not touch which was a copy of the original. I made all of the changes I had on the corrupted file and loaded the new file and seems like bass came back, does any of his make sense? I also noticed when I was changing where I wanted correction to occur 500HZ and lower. The sub was set at 250hz is that correct? Should the sub correction limit be changed ? I have two JL F112v2 subs?

Thanks for any input

Dave-t
You can keep the sub EQ limit to 250hz (it's just the max range it corrects to, but that's not even considering that your sub probably rolls off well before then).

I've been reading up on XT32, and apparently it does very little correction in the upper frequencies anyway. That matches my ears at least, since I wasn't really able to tell any difference between limiting to 500hz or full range.

Sony XBR-65Z9D / Oppo UDP-203 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
Old 06-05-2019, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arlington, Va.
Posts: 1,549
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
You can keep the sub EQ limit to 250hz (it's just the max range it corrects to, but that's not even considering that your sub probably rolls off well before then).

I've been reading up on XT32, and apparently it does very little correction in the upper frequencies anyway. That matches my ears at least, since I wasn't really able to tell any difference between limiting to 500hz or full range.
I was actually just playing around with cascading crossovers and had really great results. the results were so good I had to turn down
the bass volume knobs on both of my JL F112v2 subs.
Dave-T is offline  
Old 06-06-2019, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,545
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Anyone rocking a Pixel phone? Know if the app works with the latest Q beta 4? It didn't work with beta 3

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Brian_Barros is offline  
Old 06-07-2019, 07:31 AM
Member
 
MrDennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Madison AL
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
Just to put an end to my story. I asked for a refund from Google and was immediately given a 100% refund without question since it was within 24hrs of purchasing...... the weird part is they somehow uninstalled it from my phone.

Kind of creepy that they are able to actually remove programs from my device. I fully expected to open the app and see some type of "you must first pay for this app in order for it to work" notice, but certainly not "an invisible man came into my house, grabbed my phone without permission and hit the uninstall this app button".

Strange world we live in.


More creepy; I downloaded Heos & XM Radio to my personal iPad and both those Apps showed up on my iPhone6 work phone (government) that has nothing in the way of usernames or emails that tie back to my personal phone other than "Apple ID".


Big brother is all up our azz these days and there is not much we can do about it.
D Bone likes this.

Sony VPL-VW285ES Projector / Denon AVR-X6500H Receiver / Aircom T10 Cooling Fan
Sony BDP-S790 3D/Blu-Ray / Sony UBP-X700 4K UHD
Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc / Lexicon LDD-1 Demodulator
Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD/VHS
MrDennis is offline  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDennis View Post
More creepy; I downloaded Heos & XM Radio to my personal iPad and both those Apps showed up on my iPhone6 work phone (government) that has nothing in the way of usernames or emails that tie back to my personal phone other than "Apple ID".


Big brother is all up our azz these days and there is not much we can do about it.


If I read that right and you're using the same Apple ID in both devices it's not big brother. It's an OS feature that installs purchases on all devices you sign into and can be disabled in the settings on each device.


Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
drh3b likes this.

Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K
flyinion is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Audyssey , Denon , Marantz , multeq editor app
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off