MultEQ Editor: New App for Denon & Marantz AV Receivers & Pre/Pros - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2326Likes

post #2731 of 4356 Old 07-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancolt View Post
So if I switch to Flat on my receiver it automatically removes the MRC?

Dan
That depend on how u have preformed the calibration, if u preform the calibration via the App. then the MRC. is turned ON by default for both the Reference/Flat, and switching to Flat on the Receiver will not Turn OFF the MRC. unless u have Turned OFF the MRC. manaully in the App. before sending the results to the AVReceiver (Turning ON/OFF the MRC. will alter both Reference/Flat at the same time)
However if u preform the calibration via the AVReceiver, then the MRC. is OFF for the Flat by default.
Lesmor and ahblaza like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 4356 Old 07-30-2018, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 244
MultEQ FAQ

The MultEQ app has been out for a while now. The same questions keep coming up and since I could never remember the answers off the top of my head I decided it was time for an FAQ. Thanks to everyone that helped out.

In no particular order:

Not a question but a note. The Room Correction Results are based on what the app thinks the results will be. The MultEQ app does NOT check the results after applying the corrections and they should not be relied on as accurate. To measure actual frequency responses you need software like REW.

1) If I ran the AVR's Audyssey setup can I use the MultEQ app to make changes?
No. The AVR's Audyssey setup and the MultEQ setup are completely separate. You can only use one or the other.

2) What do I do after I run the setup on the app?
You will need to upload it to the AVR. This will take a few minutes.

3) What is MRC and should I leave it on?
Here is the Mid Range Compensation (MRC) explanation on the Audyssey Zen Desk site
Midrange compensation is an intentional dip in the 2 kHz region where the vast majority of tweeter-to-midrange crossovers are. In that region the tweeter is at the low end of its range and the midrange at the high end of its range and the directivity of the speaker goes through major changes. We found that if that region is equalized to flat, the change in direct to reflected ratio that happens because of the directivity variations causes voices to sound harsh (among other things). So, we have this implemented in the Audyssey target curve. With MultEQ Pro you can choose to turn it off, but we don't recommend it. This notion was observed 40 years ago by BBC speaker designers in their studio monitors. They designed their speakers with this "BBC dip" intentionally in the speaker response.

Leaving it on is completely up to you. If you're not sure try it on and off. Still not sure flip a coin.
4) When using the MultEQ app is MRC on when I select the Flat or Reference curve?
Turning MRC ON/OFF affects BOTH Flat and Reference.

5) If I adjust the MultEQ Filter Frequency Range below the MRC frequencies will MRC still be applied?
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_at_audyssey View Post
Everything done in the curve editor and filter frequency range only applies to the reference target curve. Flat is not affected.

Flat is always flat, with exception that if you enable MRC, it will have MRC.

6) If I customize the EQ curve will it affect both Flat and Reference?
No. It will only alter the Reference Curve.

7) Does limiting the Frequency Range alter both Flat and Reference?
No it will only alter the Reference Curve.
8) Should I change the crossover point?
Short answer: It is generally OK to raise it but not lower it.
And to expand: Here is Audyssey Zen Desk response to a question about changing crossover

It is OK to change the receiver to your preference, whatever sounds best to you.
Lowering crossover is not recommended because a 'roll off' was detected at that point, meaning the speaker is not creating audio as loudly below that point. Because it is not producing audio as loudly, room correction is not applied below that point.

80 Hz is recommended because humans are unable to localize (detect direction) below 80 Hz. The LFE channel in movies is mastered up to 120 Hz, because it is still harder to localize audio in this area.

Smaller speakers will often have higher frequency roll offs and the room they are placed in will make the roll off significantly higher than the manufacturers measurements in an anechoic chamber. If the crossover hits 250 Hz (Highest available), there is a chance the woofer is not properly outputting audio on the speaker, or it is a very small speaker. 120 Hz and 200 Hz can often be normal.
The subwoofers entire purpose is to reproduce these low frequencies so that smaller satellite speakers can be used. Try using the default settings, and make changes to your preference when listening.

9) In Curve Editor is it hard to use the screen to edit the frequency curve?
Yes, it can be a PITA. Think of it as a general EQ because it is hard to get very fine adjustments.
10) Are the results from running the MultEQ app the same as running Audyssey in the AVR?
Some users have shown with post calibration measurements that they can produce different results.
Audyssey Zen Desk response:
The app tends to have high detail when compared to the AVR, it is likely finding a different or early dip/roll off. Placing speakers closer to walls can help lower low frequency reproduction.
11) What is this low frequency roll-off that I hear about?
EDIT: This issue has been fixed.
For reference this is what was happening: Some users have shown that the MultEQ app rolls off the bass frequencies in their system when compared to using the AVR's auto setup. Others have not had the problem. Probably related to the above post.
12) How do I copy settings once I have run the calibration and why would I want to do that?
From the main screen click Edit in the top right. Select the calibration curve that you would like to copy. Now in the top left you have the option to Copy or Delete. Then hit Copy (it is the icon that is not the garbage can.) I feel like the Edit button would be what you should press before editing a curve but I guess you need to think about it as editing the list of calibration curves.

Now, why would you want to Copy a curve? The biggest reason is so you can play with the settings without having to re-run the setup each time. Let's say you are pretty happy with how things sound but want to try adding a little more mid-range to your center channel. You can Copy the curve then edit the copy and keep the original settings you were happy with. Yes you would have to upload the new copy to the AVR every time you make a change.
Here is a link to a manual member @Phil1975m posted. https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8nnkmceff...20App.pdf?dl=0
MorganB, SBuger, Lesmor and 8 others like this.

Last edited by rec head; 05-06-2019 at 04:37 PM.
post #2733 of 4356 Old 07-30-2018, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vn800art View Post
It's OK, for sure but he started saying he is a novice to this job, so, the simplest, the better for the beginning.
Regards
Alessandro

Yes definitely a newb. I will try different settings and save them in Audyssey so I can go back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ahblaza and vn800art like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2734 of 4356 Old 07-30-2018, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1975 View Post
That depend on how u have preformed the calibration, if u preform the calibration via the App. then the MRC. is turned ON by default for both the Reference/Flat, and switching to Flat on the Receiver will not Turn OFF the MRC. unless u have Turned OFF the MRC. manaully in the App. before sending the results to the AVReceiver (Turning ON/OFF the MRC. will alter both Reference/Flat at the same time)
However if u preform the calibration via the AVReceiver, then the MRC. is OFF for the Flat by default.
Here is the Mid Range Compensation (MRC) explanation on the Audyssey Zen Desk site

Midrange Compensation
Midrange compensation is an intentional dip in the 2 kHz region where the vast majority of tweeter-to-midrange crossovers are. In that region the tweeter is at the low end of its range and the midrange at the high end of its range and the directivity of the speaker goes through major changes. We found that if that region is equalized to flat, the change in direct to reflected ratio that happens because of the directivity variations causes voices to sound harsh (among other things). So, we have this implemented in the Audyssey target curve. With MultEQ Pro you can choose to turn it off, but we don't recommend it. This notion was observed 40 years ago by BBC speaker designers in their studio monitors. They designed their speakers with this "BBC dip" intentionally in the speaker response.

LG-OLED 65C8PUA
Marantz-SR5012
Sony-UBP X-800, Roku Ultra 4K
L-C-R = Def Tech Mythos 9's + Surrounds = Mythos Gem XL"s
Subwoofer = HSU ULS-15 MK2
post #2735 of 4356 Old 07-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG55 View Post

Midrange Compensation
yes that is correct, but it has been slightly changed with the App. now the BBC dip (MRC.) it's also implemented into the Flat curve by default when u preform the calibration via the App.
ahblaza likes this.
post #2736 of 4356 Old 07-31-2018, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by rec head View Post
Let's start a FAQ. It has been too long. I'm not saying I know all the answers so let's crowd source it right now. Hopefully we can get it moved up to the top once its comprehensive. Please quote me or something so that I know you are trying to add to the questions or answers. I'm just going off the top of my head right now so please add corrections or clarifications.

In no particular order:

1) Is the the same as running Audyssey in the receiver?
----No. They are run separately

---- You will need to upload it to the AVR.

3) Can I make copies of a calibration run so I can try different settings?
----Yes.

4) What is MRC and should I leave it on?
----(Little help here I'm trying not to put up the wrong info)

5) Is MRC used when I use the Flat or Reference curve?
----(Little help here I'm trying not to put up the wrong info)

6) Should I change the crossover point?
----It depends. It is generally OK to raise it but not lower it. For more info see the Audyssey thread (I'll find the link)

7) Is it hard to use the screen to edit the frequency curve?
---- Yes, it can be a PITA. Think of it as a general EQ because it is hard to get very fine with the adjustments.

8) Is running the app the same as running Audyssey in the AVR?
----Some users have shown with post calibration measurements that they can produce different results.

9) What is this low frequency roll-off that I hear about?
---- Some users have shown that the app rolls off the bass frequencies in there system. Others have not had the problem. I'm sure people have something to add to this.

That is all I can think off right now. Please add to the knowledge.
Good idea having a FAQ but now it is probably too late to put in post#1 so how are we going to find it?
who is going to take ownership and keep it updated?

@marco1975 and @PG55 have provided some very useful information re-MRC that is going to eventually get lost in the body of this thread which needs to be added to the FAQ
post #2737 of 4356 Old 07-31-2018, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yes that is correct, but it has been slightly changed with the App. now the BBC dip (MRC.) it's also implemented into the Flat curve by default when u preform the calibration via the App.
Can you clarify for the FAQ. Is MRC included in the Flat, Reference or both?

Thanks for the info @PG55
PG55 likes this.

Last edited by rec head; 07-31-2018 at 08:07 AM.
post #2738 of 4356 Old 07-31-2018, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesmor View Post
Good idea having a FAQ but now it is probably too late to put in post#1 so how are we going to find it?
who is going to take ownership and keep it updated?

@marco1975 and @PG55 have provided some very useful information re-MRC that is going to eventually get lost in the body of this thread which needs to be added to the FAQ
I don't think that it will be too hard to get the mods to move the FAQ post to the top. If they won't then I bet Mark would edit his post to include it or at least link to it.
post #2739 of 4356 Old 07-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Can you clarify for the FAQ. Is MRC included in the Flat, Reference or both?

Thanks for the info @PG55
The MRC. is included in both the Reference/Flat and is Turned ON by default for both the Reference/Flat, Turning OFF/ON the MRC. will alter both the Flat/Reference at the same time.

Another couple of things just came to mind perhaps it can be usefull to somebody if u add them in the FAQ: when i edit/Customize the Curve will that alter both the Reference/Flat?
Answer: No, the Curve editor function will work and alter only the Reference Curve.
There is no option to edit/customize the Flat curve in the App.

Limiting the MultEQ Frq. range filter , will that alter both the Reference/Flat ?
Answer: No, it will only Alter the Reference Curve.
ahblaza and rec head like this.
post #2740 of 4356 Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 23
So just to clarify:
If I adjust the curve and EQ range filter in the App, then transfer it to my AVR, and then in my AVR select "Flat", no adjustment will be applied?
Except for the MRC which will always be turned off for both curves if I turned it off in the App before transfering to the AVR?

Quote:
The MRC. is included in both the Reference/Flat and is Turned ON by default for both the Reference/Flat, Turning OFF/ON the MRC. will alter both the Flat/Reference at the same time.

Another couple of things just came to mind perhaps it can be usefull to somebody if u add them in the FAQ: when i edit/Customize the Curve will that alter both the Reference/Flat?
Answer: No, the Curve editor function will work and alter only the Reference Curve.
There is no option to edit/customize the Flat curve in the App.

Limiting the MultEQ Frq. range filter , will that alter both the Reference/Flat ?
Answer: No, it will only Alter the Reference Curve.
post #2741 of 4356 Old 07-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordvarg View Post
So just to clarify:
If I adjust the curve and EQ range filter in the App, then transfer it to my AVR, and then in my AVR select "Flat", no adjustment will be applied?
Except for the MRC which will always be turned off for both curves if I turned it off in the App before transfering to the AVR?
Correct.
post #2742 of 4356 Old 08-01-2018, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

How do you know that?

Logic dictates that if the MRC was implemented the response would not be flat any more.

Denon AVR-X6400H,Sony KDL50W829 ,Virgin Media V Box HD, WDTV, PS3, Philips DVP9560, Marantz CD67, BK Monolith Plus x 2, KEF TDM 23C,23F & 34DS, Jamo D500, Darbee Darblet, Belkin F9G6223uk3M, Buttkicker LFE kit, IsoAcoustics L8R430, Mede8er 800X3D, Behringer B1200d, AC Infinity Aircom T9
post #2743 of 4356 Old 08-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
How do you know that?

Logic dictates that if the MRC was implemented the response would not be flat any more.
logically yes correct and that is why normaly the MRC. is only included in the Reference curve when u perform the calibration via the AVR. but i have seen a few weird things in my testing with the App. that has no logic to them what so ever.
anyway
i have confirmed that with an actaul Frq. measurements, i used Rew to look at both the Reference/Flat Frq. curves , the MRC. showed up in both of them , beside that just to make sure i have also confirmed with Audyssey support, and this was their answer:

Customer Support Team May 18, 2017 18:46
There is no midrange compensation in the Flat Curve, it is only in the reference curve.

However if you are using the smartphone app to perform calibration this can be different.
If using the app to calibrate, turning off midrange calibration turns it off for both curves, turning it on turns it on for both flat and reference.

Kind regards,
Audyssey Support
post #2744 of 4356 Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 462
^^^^

@marco1975 Thanks for that!
marco1975 likes this.

Sony XBR75-X940D, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
HSU Research 5.2 speaker system (4) HB-1 MK2, (1) HC-1 MK2, (2) STF-2,
Klipsch HT500 satalites (4) for ceiling mounted ATMOS playback
DIY Linux desktop w/Clementine bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
post #2745 of 4356 Old 08-01-2018, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 71
@drh3b @ccotenj

Long story short: my system has always been assigned xo for my mains at 40hz (Klipsch Cornwall - 15" subwoofer). Till now I had a 125 Wharfedale sub with a 10" cone. Never heard of it in the room. Recenly I assembled 2 boxes with 2 12"cone each. Couldn't hear them, also. So, this evening I raised xo for the mains at 60, then 80. Afterwards I settled for 80 overall except the mains that I left at 60.
Experiment, experiment. If I succeed to rebuild my laptop I will sure try some Rew measurements.
Thanks for Your suggestions!
Regards
Alessandro
ahblaza, audiofan1 and drh3b like this.

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.

Last edited by vn800art; 08-01-2018 at 04:17 PM.
post #2746 of 4356 Old 08-01-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Let's start a FAQ. It has been too long. I'm not saying I know all the answers so let's crowd source it right now. Hopefully we can get it moved up to the top once its comprehensive. Please quote me or something so that I know you are trying to add to the questions or answers. I'm just going off the top of my head right now so please add corrections or clarifications.

In no particular order:

----Yes.

----Here is the Mid Range Compensation (MRC) explanation on the Audyssey Zen Desk site

5) When using the app is MRC used when I use the Flat or Reference curve?
----Turning MRC ON/OFF affects BOTH Flat and Reference.

----It depends. It is generally OK to raise it but not lower it. For more info see the Audyssey thread (I'll find the link)

---- Yes, it can be a PITA. Think of it as a general EQ because it is hard to get very fine with the adjustments.

----Some users have shown with post calibration measurements that they can produce different results.

---- Some users have shown that the app rolls off the bass frequencies in there system. Others have not had the problem. I'm sure people have something to add to this.

10) If I customize the EQ curve will it affect both Flat and Reference?
----No it will only alter the Reference Curve.

11) Does limiting the Frequency Range alter both Flat and Reference?

That is all I can think of right now. Please add to the knowledge.
Here is Audyssey Zen Desk response to a question about changing crossover (FAQ #6 )

It is OK to change the receiver to your preference, whatever sounds best to you.
Lowering crossover is not recommended because a 'roll off' was detected at that point, meaning the speaker is not creating audio as loudly below that point. Because it is not producing audio as loudly, room correction is not applied below that point.

80 Hz is recommended because humans are unable to localize (detect direction) below 80 Hz. The LFE channel in movies is mastered up to 120 Hz, because it is still harder to localize audio in this area.

Smaller speakers will often have higher frequency roll offs and the room they are placed in will make the roll off significantly higher than the manufacturers measurements in an anechoic chamber. If the crossover hits 250 Hz (Highest available), there is a chance the woofer is not properly outputting audio on the speaker, or it is a very small speaker. 120 Hz and 200 Hz can often be normal.
The subwoofers entire purpose is to reproduce these low frequencies so that smaller satellite speakers can be used. Try using the default settings, and make changes to your preference when listening.

Kind regards,
Audyssey Support

LG-OLED 65C8PUA
Marantz-SR5012
post #2747 of 4356 Old 08-01-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:

In no particular order:

----Yes.

----Here is the Mid Range Compensation (MRC) explanation on the Audyssey Zen Desk site

5) When using the app is MRC used when I use the Flat or Reference curve?
----Turning MRC ON/OFF affects BOTH Flat and Reference.

10) If I customize the EQ curve will it affect both Flat and Reference?

11) Does limiting the Frequency Range alter both Flat and Reference?

That is all I can think of right now. Please add to the knowledge.
Audyssey Zen Desk response to FAQ #8 "Is running the app the same as running Audyssey in the AVR"

The app tends to have high detail when compared to the AVR, it is likely finding a different or early dip/roll off. Placing speakers closer to walls can help lower low frequency reproduction.

After calibration you can change the crossover to your preference, it will not affect room correction.

Kind regards,
Audyssey Support

Cheers
PG55
ahblaza, audiofan1 and Sal1950 like this.

LG-OLED 65C8PUA
Marantz-SR5012
post #2748 of 4356 Old 08-01-2018, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
logically yes correct and that is why normaly the MRC. is only included in the Reference curve when u perform the calibration via the AVR. but i have seen a few weird things in my testing with the App. that has no logic to them what so ever.
anyway
i have confirmed that with an actaul Frq. measurements, i used Rew to look at both the Reference/Flat Frq. curves , the MRC. showed up in both of them , beside that just to make sure i have also confirmed with Audyssey support, and this was their answer:

Customer Support Team May 18, 2017 18:46
There is no midrange compensation in the Flat Curve, it is only in the reference curve.

However if you are using the smartphone app to perform calibration this can be different.
If using the app to calibrate, turning off midrange calibration turns it off for both curves, turning it on turns it on for both flat and reference.

Kind regards,
Audyssey Support

Hi Marco Thanks for the detailed reply. I do find it odd that it does that.

Denon AVR-X6400H,Sony KDL50W829 ,Virgin Media V Box HD, WDTV, PS3, Philips DVP9560, Marantz CD67, BK Monolith Plus x 2, KEF TDM 23C,23F & 34DS, Jamo D500, Darbee Darblet, Belkin F9G6223uk3M, Buttkicker LFE kit, IsoAcoustics L8R430, Mede8er 800X3D, Behringer B1200d, AC Infinity Aircom T9
post #2749 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks with all the help with the FAQ I have been editing it to add the info provided. Are there any other questions that should be answered?
post #2750 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG55 View Post
Kind regards,
Audyssey Support
Cheers
PG55

Thanks for being a member of this forum and helping the members here!

Cent' Anni

Sony XBR75-X940D, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
DIY Linux desktop w/Clementine bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
post #2751 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I remember a confirmation "done" is needed (don't know if this is still true, and I don't want to try) when editing a curve in the App, otherwise at the transfer of the cal file to the Avr, the file is shown as corrupted .
Trying to help
Regards
Alessandro

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
post #2752 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Thanks with all the help with the FAQ I have been editing it to add the info provided. Are there any other questions that should be answered?
How about ways to copy and save settings

Sony A1E, Marantz 8805, Montis, Bryston,
post #2753 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Good point. I'll have to open the app to figure it out since I don't think it is as intuitive as it should be... probably why you mentioned it.

edit: I covered the Copy function but have no idea about the rest of the sharing options. If someone wants to cover any of the rest of the sharing options I'll add it.

Last edited by rec head; 08-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.
post #2754 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Playing around with the app just now I saved a curve to my google drive. That reminded me that there was at least one person looking into editing the file manually. Has anyone done anything further with that?
post #2755 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I've read through the threads on this and didn't see a clear answer- is it best to run the Audyssey setup via the AVR or the app? Seems like the results vary slightly depending on which is used (AVR vs app).

Which method is best? Thanks
post #2756 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Quoted: 1160 Post(s)
Liked: 3595
Quote:
Originally Posted by marantz545 View Post
I've read through the threads on this and didn't see a clear answer- is it best to run the Audyssey setup via the AVR or the app? Seems like the results vary slightly depending on which is used (AVR vs app).

Try both and see which one you like better. IME they each give a little different results. The app just gives so much flexibly if you can live with the results it gives with certain things.

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room, suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo 203 | Epson 5040 4K | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Screen | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #2757 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
----Yes.
Open app, select Edit on top right menu bar. All available files will begin dancing. Select file you wish to copy then select the + sign on the top left of menu bar. That's it.

post #2758 of 4356 Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by marantz545 View Post

That depends. If it gives similar results to the AVR, the app is more configurable. If the app is giving you wildly different results than the AVR, I'd probably stick to the AVR. I've been one of the people that get basically identical results either way, so I use the app to limit processing to below 500 kHz and enjoy my music!
audiofan1, bmcn and BluesDaddy56 like this.

Last edited by drh3b; 08-02-2018 at 09:28 PM.
post #2759 of 4356 Old 08-04-2018, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Greetings. If MRC occurs in the 2k range, and you are limiting correction to 320Hz and below, does it make any difference if it’s on or off? I would think not, but my ears tell me differently. In going through this thread, it sounds like the jury is out as to if MRC is a good thing or bad thing. I do personally feel it does have a positive effect on dialog. Thanks a bunch for thoughts. I must say this 8805 is exceeding my expectations.
audiofan1 likes this.

Kevin
post #2760 of 4356 Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2285 Post(s)
Liked: 2792
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmayerkmayer View Post
Greetings. If MRC occurs in the 2k range, and you are limiting correction to 320Hz and below, does it make any difference if it’s on or off? I would think not, but my ears tell me differently. In going through this thread, it sounds like the jury is out as to if MRC is a good thing or bad thing. I do personally feel it does have a positive effect on dialog. Thanks a bunch for thoughts. I must say this 8805 is exceeding my expectations.
Yup! I use MRC on my center only which along with all other speakers I limit correction up to only 5000hz, sans my mains which I've found a super sweet spot of 250hz. I must say I'm super impressed with my 8805 as well
JonnyVee and kmayerkmayer like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Denon , Marantz , multeq editor app

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page