Gentlemen and Ladies: Advise? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #1 of 43 Old 04-10-2017, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Gentlemen and Ladies: Advise?

Getting back into HT and 2ch audio after a very long hiatus (my last receiver was a Marantz SR7005...it's been a long time!)

Looking for feedback and suggestions on an AV Pre/Pro. The goal being an integrated 2Ch / Surround Sound system.

I'm strongly considering the Anthem AVM 60 BUT I would really like to have USB DAC processing and Balanced Audio Inputs onboard as well.

I'd prefer not to have to add a separate stereo preamp or stereo DAC/preamp combo.

My current DAC for 2Ch audio is the Schiit Yggdrasil. I have the NAD M27 for surround amplification.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 04-10-2017, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Give a serious look at the Yamaha CX-A5100. Yamaha will also be coming out with their CX-A5200 later this year.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...a5100_black_u/

Owners thread below

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...rs-thread.html

And the CX-A5200 speculation thread.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...light=cx+a5200
post #3 of 43 Old 04-10-2017, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrds View Post
Getting back into HT and 2ch audio after a very long hiatus (my last receiver was a Marantz SR7005...it's been a long time!)

Looking for feedback and suggestions on an AV Pre/Pro. The goal being an integrated 2Ch / Surround Sound system.

I'm strongly considering the Anthem AVM 60 BUT I would really like to have USB DAC processing and Balanced Audio Inputs onboard as well.

I'd prefer not to have to add a separate stereo preamp or stereo DAC/preamp combo.

My current DAC for 2Ch audio is the Schiit Yggdrasil. I have the NAD M27 for surround amplification.

Thank you.
How do you like your Schiit Yggdrasil?

You didn't mention budget?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 04-10-2017, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 View Post
Give a serious look at the Yamaha CX-A5100. Yamaha will also be coming out with their CX-A5200 later this year.
Thanks, I am.

Has analog 2Ch XLR in. And a lower price point. But no USB. I think it's going to be difficult to get USB processing.

Given the pending release of the 5200, it might make sense to hold off a bit.
post #5 of 43 Old 04-10-2017, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgwalsh View Post
How do you like your Schiit Yggdrasil?

You didn't mention budget?
I really, really like the Yggdrasil.

If I can eliminate the stereo preamp, I guess the budget would be about $6K. Otherwise I need to spread the funds over two components.

Thanks.
post #6 of 43 Old 04-10-2017, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really, really like the Yggdrasil.

If I can eliminate the stereo preamp, I guess the budget would be about $6K. Otherwise I need to spread the funds over two components.

Thanks.
The Yggdrasil is on my hit list as soon as I build my Statement II's. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Can't decide on a stereo pre amp though.

$6K for processor and amp?

I know the XMC-1h as USB and apparently there's an XMC-2 around the corner.
http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/t...2-gen-3-858132

Last edited by pgwalsh; 04-10-2017 at 10:34 PM.
post #7 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #8 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 769 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23273 Post(s)
Liked: 12759
Quote:
Thanks, I am.

Has analog 2Ch XLR in. And a lower price point. But no USB. I think it's going to be difficult to get USB processing.

Given the pending release of the 5200, it might make sense to hold off a bit.
Just about every AVR/AVP released in the past 5 years has a USB input to include the CX-A5100 which has one behind the front panel flap (highlighted in yellow).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	839
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	2078057  
post #9 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Just about every AVR/AVP released in the past 5 years has a USB input to include the CX-A5100 which has one behind the front panel flap (highlighted in yellow).
Thanks, jdsmoothie.

Let me clarify: I'm looking for a USB Type B digital audio input (not a USB input for reading files, though this type of input is certainly handy).
post #10 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The MARANTZ models have USB ports.

"front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone® or thumb drive
direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound"

Thanks, phantom52. I think this is also reading stored files? Correct?
post #11 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

My ideal setup would be an AV pre / pro that also:

- allows for processing of a USB stream via a Roon Endpoint.

If this isn't possible, then:

- I am ok using an outboard DAC for 2ch audio, but would prefer to have analog XLR inputs (vs only single ended RCAs). For two reasons: since the Schiit Yggy sounds best, to my ears, via XLR out. And for future usage...I usually prefer XLR connections.

For further clarification, I'm currently using Tidal/Roon via a Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5 to a Sonore MicroRendu to feed the Schiit Yggdrasil. I'd like to continue using this front end for 2Ch.

I'm also starting to consider the following as alternatives:

An option (maybe) which I haven't explored is: Ethernet In, still driven by Roon.

Another option would be to have a digital to digital converter...USB to say Coax, etc., though I'd rather not complicate the chain.

Or to see if I can get a stable and high sound quality digital feed via WiFi.

Thanks.
pgwalsh likes this.
post #12 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
"front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone® or thumb drive
direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound"

Thanks, phantom52. I think this is also reading stored files? Correct?
It seems that the Marantz 8802A fits the bill for you. Below is a review on that 8802. There are many reviews on it as well as a dedicated thread on this forum.

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...ocessor-review

Marantz website has very good info on its capabilities and connectivity.

http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pa...ductId=AV8802A

http://us.marantz.com/Assets/images/...e_bg001_hi.png
post #13 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The Yggdrasil is on my hit list as soon as I build my Statement II's. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Can't decide on a stereo pre amp though.

Thanks, pgwalsh.

I have considered the Emotiva. The current 1 is out of stock. And it probably makes sense to hold off until the release of the follow-up to the 1.

The $3K for the AVM 60 and $3K for a stereo preamp with bypass, OR $6k for a one box option, since I am considering both. Ideally, less is better. : )

Definitely give the Yggdrasil a go. But as you know, all of this comes down to personal preference and pairings / the chain that work for us. I also have an Exogal Comet Plus - Ion combo that's driving a pair of Tekton Double Impacts really well.
post #14 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
You keep saying "pre/pro" but what you describe wanting to do is I think performed by modern consolidated AVRs. Are you working from a presumption of what you USED TO need as far as equipment?

I wonder if you need to look around the marketplace and see what's out there, as well as functions. E.g. AVRs with USB2 or USB3 Type A connectors read files, play music, also connect to iPods and similar. You mentioned Type B, as in USB 3 plugs? I haven't see that, you'd see MIcro-B on the device, but USB 3 still uses an A connection to other components (routers, computers, etc). I've not seen a Micro-B connection on a receiving component like an AVR.

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
post #15 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Before considering the Emotiva I would definitely read its discussion over at the Emotiva Lounge. There seems to be a lengthy thread considering their XMC-1 and then see if you want to be a "tester" for it or the XMC2 or the "promised" RMC1. I've never used Emotiva products because from the beginning of their business I was always leery of the way members of their forum were treated.
post #16 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
You keep saying "pre/pro" but what you describe wanting to do is I think performed by modern consolidated AVRs. Are you working from a presumption of what you USED TO need as far as equipment?

I wonder if you need to look around the marketplace and see what's out there, as well as functions. E.g. AVRs with USB2 or USB3 Type A connectors read files, play music, also connect to iPods and similar. You mentioned Type B, as in USB 3 plugs? I haven't see that, you'd see MIcro-B on the device, but USB 3 still uses an A connection to other components (routers, computers, etc). I've not seen a Micro-B connection on a receiving component like an AVR.
Hi ChromeJob.

What I'm looking for is, I believe, fairly standard fare in the world of 2ch specific DACs...also generically referred to as an asynchronous DAC, which has a USB-Type 2 B-Connector as the digital input for it's DAC section. There are some exceptions where the DAC side input is micro USB ... these are easily dealt with using an adapter. However most Processors provide a USB input that only reads files off of a drive (thumb or networked).

The audio / video component industry is curious in that this is a standard USB input for 2ch DACs...while it is excluded in most AVRs and Processors. AND, on the other hand, AVRs and Processors come standard with an HDMI digital input for their DAC section within the larger component, while most 2ch focused DACs exclude the HDMI input. There are exceptions, of course, but not many.

To answer one of your points, I'd rather not go the full-on AVR route since I already have a multi-channel amp and at some point I will likely add something like the OPPO UDP-205 (most certainly if it includes an onboard digital volume control).

There are work-arounds for what I'm asking for in terms of what's currently out there... and XLR analog inputs are available (just not on the AVM 60). Mainly, I want to make sure I'm not missing something (obvious / major) before making a purchase.

If my understanding of this is incorrect, please elaborate so I can make a more informed decision.

Thanks.
post #17 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I have considered the Emotiva. The current 1 is out of stock. And it probably makes sense to hold off until the release of the follow-up to the 1.
Unless you're in a hurry, I'd advise to see what this year brings. It sounds like both Marantz and Yamaha will be refreshing their AV8802a and
CX-A5100, respectively. Emotiva is rumored to reveal more detail concerning their RMC-1 at Axpona. There are some rumblings in the Trinnov
camp, etc.

This may prove to be an exciting year. Not sure but one can hope.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #18 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeathersMcGraw View Post
Unless you're in a hurry, I'd advise to see what this year brings. It sounds like both Marantz and Yamaha will be refreshing their AV8802a and
CX-A5100, respectively. Emotiva is rumored to reveal more detail concerning their RMC-1 at Axpona. There are some rumblings in the Trinnov
camp, etc.

This may prove to be an exciting year. Not sure but one can hope.
I'm getting the feeling that being patient is probably the best course.

We may be excited in anticipation, but my wife will be thrilled if I hold off!
ChromeJob likes this.
post #19 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@davidrds

I don't know if it's important to you, but I know in my current search for an AVR - for my family room, kids playroom really - I wanted to make sure that I bought something that supported HDR, DV and 4K pass-thru. I have a 4K TV that's supposedly going to get Dolby Vision and I wanted to future proof as much as possible, but that leaves out HDMI 2.1. I am playing the waiting game right now because all my speakers are in a container shipping to NZ. The internal audio on the Sony Z9D is horrendous.

There's also the idea of XSP-1 where you can essentially have 2 systems in one (with the same speakers), but then we get into more components.

Quote:
Marantz AV8802 - USB
Playback of DSD and FLAC files via USB and networks
This unit supports the playback of high resolution audio formats such as
DSD (2.8 MHz) and FLAC 192 kHz files. It provides high quality
playback of high resolution files.
  • You cannot use the USB ports on the front panel and rear panel simultaneously. Select and connect the USB port to use. (v p. 91)
  • USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub.
  • It is not possible to use this unit by connecting the unit’s USB port to a PC via a USB cable.
  • Do not use an extension cable when connecting a USB memory device. This may cause radio interference with other device
However you do have the balanced inputs with the Marantz.

I agree with others on the hesitation in regards to the XMC-1, but it appears they have worked out a majority of the bugs.

What preamp are you using for your 2 channel, as it seems you have multiple systems? I am looking for something under $2K and have entertained the idea of going with XSP-1 or Schiit Freya because it has 3 different output options.
post #20 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@davidrds

I don't know if it's important to you, but I know in my current search for an AVR - for my family room, kids playroom really - I wanted to make sure that I bought something that supported HDR, DV and 4K pass-thru. I have a 4K TV that's supposedly going to get Dolby Vision and I wanted to future proof as much as possible, but that leaves out HDMI 2.1. I am playing the waiting game right now because all my speakers are in a container shipping to NZ. The internal audio on the Sony Z9D is horrendous.

There's also the idea of XSP-1 where you can essentially have 2 systems in one (with the same speakers), but then we get into more components.

However you do have the balanced inputs with the Marantz.

I agree with others on the hesitation in regards to the XMC-1, but it appears they have worked out a majority of the bugs.

What preamp are you using for your 2 channel, as it seems you have multiple systems? I am looking for something under $2K and have entertained the idea of going with XSP-1 or Schiit Freya because it has 3 different output options.
@pgwalsh - have you looked at the offerings from Parasound.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAHAP5
pgwalsh likes this.
post #21 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@pgwalsh - have you looked at the offerings from Parasound.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAHAP5
I am now. I seem to always forget about Parasound and Cambridge Audio etc.
post #22 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
@davidrds

I don't know if it's important to you, but I know in my current search for an AVR - for my family room, kids playroom really - I wanted to make sure that I bought something that supported HDR, DV and 4K pass-thru. I have a 4K TV that's supposedly going to get Dolby Vision and I wanted to future proof as much as possible, but that leaves out HDMI 2.1. I am playing the waiting game right now because all my speakers are in a container shipping to NZ. The internal audio on the Sony Z9D is horrendous. ........

The 'standalone' stereo preamp is my system's weak link, currently.

I have the Exogal Comet Plus - Ion duo (DAC, Preamp, Amp) and I'm using it in it's recommended configuration, as a combined system.

My primary system has been the Schiit Yggdrasil feeding a HeadAmp GS-X Mk II driving Focal Utopia headphones. The HeadAmp has also served as preamp out for 2ch, very well in fact, when I switch over from the Exogal combo and want to listen to the Yggdrasil as the front end processor.

I don't have any recommendations at present. However, if I cannot find a 'one box' solution in an HT focused Pre/Pro, I will let you know since I'll have to go down that road myself.

Last edited by davidrds; 04-11-2017 at 05:32 PM.
post #23 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3809 Post(s)
Liked: 2174
anything from simaudio moon neo series interest you? I like their all in one.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #24 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 05:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The 'standalone' stereo preamp is my system's weak link, currently.

I have the Exogal Comet Plus - Ion duo (AMP, Preamp, Amp) and I'm using it in it's recommended configuration, as a combined system.

My primary system has been the Schiit Yggdrasil feeding a HeadAmp GS-X Mk II driving Focal Utopia headphones. The HeadAmp has also served as preamp out for 2ch, very well in fact, when I switch over from the Exogal combo and want to listen to the Yggdrasil as the front end processor.

I don't have any recommendations at present. However, if I cannot find a 'one box' solution in an HT focused Pre/Pro, I will let you know since I'll have to go down that road myself.
One of the reasons I was looking at the Freya is because of the passive, solid-state and tube modes. It seems to offer a really great combination without the price. The Emotiva seems good as well, but I have an itch to dip into a tube without buying a tube amplifier. This system I'm building will be 2.0 and therefore I want a preamp that doesn't muck with the signal from the Yggdrasil. I'll be using D-Sonic stereo amp to drive the Statement II's, so the passive mode on the Freya most likely wont be usable unless I add something, unlikely.

I have a thread started in the 2.1 section for another system with headphones. I am very close to pulling the trigger on the NuPrime IDA-8 for desktop and medium size room and do a separate headphone setup. I like the nuprime because of the price, amplification and the FPGA chip. It's not as feature packed as some of the other things, but has what I need.

I think the Yamaha and Emotiva will be contenders for you with upcoming models. I have never owned an Emotiva product and the only Yamaha product I had was a mixing board, so I can't comment on sound.
post #25 of 43 Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
@davidrds

As I continue to research options, I checked out the Freya and it looks like a great option...does all the basics, is inexpensive and has tubes to roll!

Another option is the Wyred 4 Sound STP - SE, base version for just under $2K. Great Input / Output set and has HT Bypass on any input!

Rogue Audio also puts out quality products at decent price points.

Rotel would be another option - more HT focused as well.
post #26 of 43 Old 04-12-2017, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 25
NAD M17 pre pro or Classe Sigma SSP pre pro

Quote:

Thank you.
Davidrds,
I would highly recommend getting either the NAD M17 pre pro ($5500) or the Classe Sigma SSP pre pro ($5k for the original version and $6k for Mkll version). These pre pros, especially the Classe Sigma SSP, are great for 2ch performance for music. I would put the Classe Sigma SSP first before the NAD M17.

The Sigma SSP is optimized for stereo performance especially when used as an analog stereo preamp, and is truly differential or fully balanced circuitry only for front channels F/R. Its stereo performance is outstanding and it has XLR balanced input and output for front channels only. I won't find a need to get a dedicated high end stereo preamp with the Sigma SSP in the signal chain. Has front USB and PC USB on the back.

The NAD M17 is great as well and will be a perfect match for your NAD M27 amp. Its 2ch performance is better than the Marantz AV8802 or the Anrhem AVM60 but not quite on par as the Classe Sigma SSP imo.

The Anthem AVM60 is outstanding for surround sound (home theater) with the ARC (Anthem Room Correction) engaged and its multi-channel home theater performance, with the ARC engaged, is better than the Classe Sigma SSP or the NAD M17 or the Marantz AV8802. However, the Classe is superior when used as an analog stereo preamp. The Anthem AVM60's 2ch performance is on par with the Marantz AV8802.

For stereo performance or when used as an analog stereo preamp without any digital processings engaged I would rank them in order of sound quality as follows :
* Classe Sigma SSP.
* NAD M17.
* Anthem AVM60 & Marantz AV8802.

For multi-channel or when used for home theater (movies) the Anthem AVM60, with the ARC engaged, performs better than any of the pre pros mentioned above.

Hope this helps. Give a listen to them.

Last edited by vivace; 04-12-2017 at 02:02 AM.
post #27 of 43 Old 04-12-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ The Classe Sigma SSP does not have balanced connections one of the things the OP has a definite need. Other than that I agree with your comments. Also has the NAD M17 been upgraded as promised? My vote is still either the upcoming Yamaha CX-A5200 or the Marantz 8802A or waiting to see if Marantz comes out with something to replace the 8802A later this year. Also agree that ARC is better than Audessey XT32, but there is an upgrade available for the Marantz to a pro version to the 8802A. That may be something that is added to the newer replacement for the 8802A.
post #28 of 43 Old 04-12-2017, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
anything from simaudio moon neo series interest you? I like their all in one.
Hi Torii. I've always liked Simaudio and it was a toss up for me in terms of the 430HA vs the HeadAmp GS-X MkII.

I have the 330A amp which is as yet sitting unused for 2ch duty.

But I'm not sure if they have anything that would address the HT side of the equation, other than a stereo preamp to fill in a gap if that becomes necessary. Do you have something that you see that might work?
post #29 of 43 Old 04-12-2017, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The Classe Sigma SSP has a pair of xlr balanced input and xlr balanced output for only front L/R channels. And the rest of the channels output are single-ended but very optimized single-ended ones.
In regards to the NAD M17, not sure if NAD has the upgraded boards available.

Davidrds,
If you go with either the Classe Sigma SSP Mkll or the NAD M17 pre pro you would not need a separate high end stereo preamp, but if you go with the Marantz AV8802 or the Anthem AVM60 or the Yamaha pre pro you would need a separate high quality stereo preamp with HT bypass.

Last edited by vivace; 04-12-2017 at 03:36 PM.
post #30 of 43 Old 04-12-2017, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivace View Post
Davidrds,
I would highly recommend getting either the NAD M17 pre pro ($5500) or the Classe Sigma SSP pre pro ($5k for the original version and $6k for Mkll version). These pre pros, especially the Classe Sigma SSP, are great for 2ch performance for music. I would put the Classe Sigma SSP first before the NAD M17.

The Sigma SSP is optimized for stereo performance especially when used as an analog stereo preamp, and is truly differential or fully balanced circuitry only for front channels F/R. Its stereo performance is outstanding and it has XLR balanced input and output for front channels only. I won't find a need to get a dedicated high end stereo preamp with the Sigma SSP in the signal chain. Has front USB and PC USB on the back.

The NAD M17 is great as well and will be a perfect match for your NAD M27 amp. Its 2ch performance is better than the Marantz AV8802 or the Anrhem AVM60 but not quite on par as the Classe Sigma SSP imo.

The Anthem AVM60 is outstanding for surround sound (home theater) with the ARC (Anthem Room Correction) engaged and its multi-channel home theater performance, with the ARC engaged, is better than the Classe Sigma SSP or the NAD M17 or the Marantz AV8802. However, the Classe is superior when used as an analog stereo preamp. The Anthem AVM60's 2ch performance is on par with the Marantz AV8802.

For stereo performance or when used as an analog stereo preamp without any digital processings engaged I would rank them in order of sound quality as follows :
* Classe Sigma SSP.
* NAD M17.
* Anthem AVM60 & Marantz AV8802.

For multi-channel or when used for home theater (movies) the Anthem AVM60, with the ARC engaged, performs better than any of the pre pros mentioned above.

Hope this helps. Give a listen to them.
Hi Vivace,

Your post was extremely helpful. Thank you!

I did look into the Classe Sigma SSP after your recommendation and it is closest to fitting the bill in terms of what I am looking for. And I did notice the XLR in/out for the Front L/R Mains and am okay with that.

Do you have any concerns regarding future upgrade-ability? I'm not familiar with the brand and their support.

For now I have to limit the HT setup to 5.x channels. For Now. I'm Hopeful! ----- Recently watched a TV show "The Tunnel" (PBS) (2013 release) and the main character Karl puts it best in one of the later episodes: "I'm living under the tyranny of Interior Design."

So the fact that the SSP is only 7.1 is ok, for now. I didn't dive into the manual, but I'm guessing that one of the channels could be set up as a sub out since I'd like to have at least a .2 system. Do you know?

Anything else regarding the Classe Sigma SSP? (I'll also check out the forum threads on it)

Thanks, again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page