Forum Jump: 
 86Likes

post #61 of 375 Old 03-04-2018, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2196
It's against forum rules to discuss street pricing and where to buy outside of the deals sticky, deals forum or PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 375 Old 03-04-2018, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonicst60 View Post
I got my 777 v3 in earlier today and so far it's been flawless, fingers crossed. Having experience with both the 758 and 777 I have a few things I would like to mention. Some advantages you don't noticed on paper with the 777 are, one having a backlit remote. Secondly, with the 758, after running dirac you can not modify any speaker levels. With the 777 you can adjust all speaker levels on the remote. Thirdly, the 777 has 6 smaller fans than the 3 on the 758. Not sure which one runs cooler but the 777 is definitely quieter. Are all these benefits listed here plus ones on the spec sheet worth double the price? Probably not for most of us. I paid $400 more so it's definitely worth it to me. What about sound quality? Well I don't have both on hand so I can't say. But what I can say is that they both sound fantastic. I do know that the 777 has to sound at minimum equally as good if not slightly better. Overall I love my new receiver. It's a keeper. Dirac has opened my eyes to a point where I probably can never use any other room correction software again.
I see in your signature that you have/had a anthem 710. Might I ask you how the two compare sonically?
post #63 of 375 Old 03-05-2018, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acaps View Post
Quote:
I got my 777 v3 in earlier today and so far it's been flawless, fingers crossed. Having experience with both the 758 and 777 I have a few things I would like to mention. Some advantages you don't noticed on paper with the 777 are, one having a backlit remote. Secondly, with the 758, after running dirac you can not modify any speaker levels. With the 777 you can adjust all speaker levels on the remote. Thirdly, the 777 has 6 smaller fans than the 3 on the 758. Not sure which one runs cooler but the 777 is definitely quieter. Are all these benefits listed here plus ones on the spec sheet worth double the price? Probably not for most of us. I paid $400 more so it's definitely worth it to me. What about sound quality? Well I don't have both on hand so I can't say. But what I can say is that they both sound fantastic. I do know that the 777 has to sound at minimum equally as good if not slightly better. Overall I love my new receiver. It's a keeper. Dirac has opened my eyes to a point where I probably can never use any other room correction software again.
I see in your signature that you have/had a anthem 710. Might I ask you how the two compare sonically?
I'll copy and paste what I wrote in the nad 758 forum.
I'll make this short and simple. I've been evaluating the Nad 758 v3, Nad 777 v3, and the Anthem MRX 710 for about a month in total. The following is my impression of the three. Dirac (full version) software is extremely impressive, but not without it's flaws. The main issue I had with Dirac is the software over corrects dips, which can cause distortion at extreme volume. Yes you can manually tune it so it doesn't by making your own custom curves. But even with custom curves, I was unable to get rid of the distortion completely(very high volume). If they had a place where you can just simply input the max db boost correction it would have been great. I found the sound with Dirac on to be extremely clear but it felt a tad thin, not enough meat on the bone. Out of the three, the 777 had the most dynamics for movies. As for the Anthem 710, the sound was the most balance and natural. After running ARC and testing it at extreme volumes there was simply no distortion, just clean sound. ARC is extremely easy to use, maybe a little too easy and simple for me. I did however ended up keeping the Anthem MRX 710. I don't and won't have Atmos in my current living room setup so that had no influence on me. With the money I saved, I may get the an amp to power my surrounds. I do miss bluOS and the customization on Dirac. I currently have Google Chromecast hooked up to my MRX 710 to replace that empty feeling. I have CD's and I don't stream hi res audio, so I guess it's good enough. Maybe in the MRX X30 Direc and Anthem will team up, just kidding.

TV: OLED65C8P - Receiver: Anthem MRX 710 - Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820 - Cd transport: Cambridge Audio CXC - Amp: Parasound A31 - LCR Speakers: Sierra 2s - Surrounds: Noble Fidelity L-65 mkII - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Distribution: PS Juice Bar II, Signal Cable Magicstrip - Power Cables: PS AC5, PS SC, Shunyata Venom 14 - Speaker Cables: Kimber 8tc, BJC 10 - RCA Cables: AQ Silver - Probe: i1 Display Pro OEM Rev.B - Software: Lightspace HTL, Calman Enthusiast - Bias Lighting - MediaLight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 375 Old 03-05-2018, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
I'll copy and paste what I wrote in the nad 758 forum.
I'll make this short and simple. I've been evaluating the Nad 758 v3, Nad 777 v3, and the Anthem MRX 710 for about a month in total. The following is my impression of the three. Dirac (full version) software is extremely impressive, but not without it's flaws. The main issue I had with Dirac is the software over corrects dips, which can cause distortion at extreme volume. Yes you can manually tune it so it doesn't by making your own custom curves. But even with custom curves, I was unable to get rid of the distortion completely(very high volume). If they had a place where you can just simply input the max db boost correction it would have been great. I found the sound with Dirac on to be extremely clear but it felt a tad thin, not enough meat on the bone. Out of the three, the 777 had the most dynamics for movies. As for the Anthem 710, the sound was the most balance and natural. After running ARC and testing it at extreme volumes there was simply no distortion, just clean sound. ARC is extremely easy to use, maybe a little too easy and simple for me. I did however ended up keeping the Anthem MRX 710. I don't and won't have Atmos in my current living room setup so that had no influence on me. With the money I saved, I may get the an amp to power my surrounds. I do miss bluOS and the customization on Dirac. I currently have Google Chromecast hooked up to my MRX 710 to replace that empty feeling. I have CD's and I don't stream hi res audio, so I guess it's good enough. Maybe in the MRX X30 Direc and Anthem will team up, just kidding.
You could add a Bluesound node or vault if you really miss BluOS. Just throwing it out there.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #65 of 375 Old 05-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Do you think there will ever be an update to show OSD volume? I am using control4 so would really like to have a volume displayed on the screen.
NavierBresse likes this.
post #66 of 375 Old 05-31-2018, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
does anyone know if they updated the amplification side of the receiver ? or do the v1 and v2 version have the same amp hardware as the new v3?

I've searched the web for this info but couldn't find any. It's hard to believe the amp stage has not been altered in all these years.
post #67 of 375 Old 05-31-2018, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 167
The specs read the same in reviews going back to V1, so at a guess, I'd say they are the same.
post #68 of 375 Old 06-04-2018, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm thinking about buying one of these to get a receiver with Dirac Live and 4 HDMI inputs. My alternative is to buy the Emotiva XMC-1 and an amplifier. I like the upgradeable modules feature of this but I don't know how practical it is to upgrade these units (how expensive to ship one of these, etc.) Anyone care to comment on how they've been enjoying their receiver? It seems like it's a good unit from what I've read in this thread. I'm currently using a Yamaha V-675.
post #69 of 375 Old 06-06-2018, 04:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by writtensarcasm View Post
I'm thinking about buying one of these to get a receiver with Dirac Live and 4 HDMI inputs. My alternative is to buy the Emotiva XMC-1 and an amplifier. I like the upgradeable modules feature of this but I don't know how practical it is to upgrade these units (how expensive to ship one of these, etc.) Anyone care to comment on how they've been enjoying their receiver? It seems like it's a good unit from what I've read in this thread. I'm currently using a Yamaha V-675.
You should also check the other NAD T758 v3 thread, as its half the price so has a lot more buy in for similar optioned unit (less power, less inputs, less upgrade slots), there are also more reviews on this unit as its won a few Hot Product type awards. its here:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post56299426
post #70 of 375 Old 06-06-2018, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
Do you think there will ever be an update to show OSD volume? I am using control4 so would really like to have a volume displayed on the screen.
My guess is no, however, I'm an T758 v3 owner and one of the users on that thread Markus767 has developed an NAD T 758v3 app that allows you to change/see volume level (as well as inputs, Dirac settings, etc). I'm betting its compatible with 777 (theres a free trial for app) or you might ask him to see if it could be modified for the 777. If so it would be very useful for this.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post56299426
post #71 of 375 Old 06-12-2018, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have any other T777 owners been having issues with 4K60 HDR passthrough?

I've been having grief on my new setup and believe I have it narrowed down to the AVR itself - issues with static or no signal on certain sources on a Sony 75XE94/X940E TV e.g...

- Shield TV (same with 2015 and 2017 models tested) -> TV = Fine
- Shield TV -> AVR -> TV = Picture for a second, then static/black screen alternating every couple of seconds. If I disable "Enhanced HDMI" on the TV's input then the picture comes back, but clearly this defeats the point. I've tried with both a Shield 2015 and a 2017 with the same results.
- PS4 -> AVR -> TV = Fine
- PS4 -> PSVR (v2) -> TV = Fine
- PS4 -> PSVR (v2) -> AVR -> TV = No signal at all when the PSVR is "off" (passthrough), when I switch on the PSVR the 1080p second screen pops up on the TV
- LG UP970 -> TV = Fine
- UP970 -> AVR -> TV = Fine for films, but manually setting output to 50hz in the menu can result in intermittent static. I'm prepared to live with this to be honest, but not the other two problems.

Everything's on it latest generally available firmware and I've swapped out all of my cables of unknown origin and spec for 18gbps specced ones, same issues stick.
post #72 of 375 Old 06-19-2018, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Other differences between NAD 777 V3 and NAD 758 V3:
https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/na...e-3#post-24998

Warning: My posts might be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)
post #73 of 375 Old 06-27-2018, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I hope my T777 comes tomorrow.
Use someone the T777 with big standing loudspeakers? Is there enough power?
post #74 of 375 Old 06-27-2018, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 3557
there is one characteristic of the NAD BluOS implementation on the M17.2 that I saw:

I use Zone 2 out to feed Sennheiser headphone amps: BluOS will not output to zone 2: I assume because it is a digital source

I see no way to overcome this: when I go into source setup for BluOS, there is a menu setting to turn on analog audio, but you must choose only analog ins: it does not give the option of BluOS

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
LG C9 OLED owner

post #75 of 375 Old 07-19-2018, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Hello there fellow audio enthusiasts. This is my first post on here. I know it's against the rules to discuss pricing, but I just set up my NAD T777 V3 I purchased through a legitamite, popular vendor. It is recertified, but you can't tell that it isn't brand spanking new. I tried to post on the deals sub forum, but I had to wait to have it posted. I would have never thought that I would be able to own one of these, but I'm listening to it right now with an ear to ear grin. This unit is a beast! It is such a nice upgrade from my three year old NAD T758. I love my T758 but this thing just blows it away! I just love the fact that I can listen to my FIIO X7 Mk II from my computer desk. It is a real treat to the auditory senses. I look forward to sharing anything I can with the group, and look forward to learning as much as I can about high end audio from the community.
Goalline and RagtopFE like this.
post #76 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootster View Post
Hello there fellow audio enthusiasts. This is my first post on here. I know it's against the rules to discuss pricing, but I just set up my NAD T777 V3 I purchased through a legitamite, popular vendor. It is recertified, but you can't tell that it isn't brand spanking new. I tried to post on the deals sub forum, but I had to wait to have it posted. I would have never thought that I would be able to own one of these, but I'm listening to it right now with an ear to ear grin. This unit is a beast! It is such a nice upgrade from my three year old NAD T758. I love my T758 but this thing just blows it away! I just love the fact that I can listen to my FIIO X7 Mk II from my computer desk. It is a real treat to the auditory senses. I look forward to sharing anything I can with the group, and look forward to learning as much as I can about high end audio from the community.
Hi, yes, I saw the same deal. I contacted them and they didn't know if it was an older model that had been upgraded or a newer one that had some issues. I just purchased a new one from them with a six month interest free payoff.

I have an old Arcam AVR 300 with very high quality preamp and amp sections. About 100 real watts per channel.
It has a multi-channel input so I am going to try this for the four Atmos channels.

Last edited by Slingshot; 07-27-2018 at 09:36 AM.
post #77 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
Hi, yes, I saw the same deal. I contacted them and they didn't know if it was an older model that had been upgraded or a newer one that had some issues. I just purchased a new one from them with a six month interest free payoff.
I didn't bother with the salesmen at Crutchfield to know much anyway, so I went right to the source and spoke to the NAD head technician directly who is the technical "guru" at NAD for advice before purchasing. He assured me that a verified unit from Crutchfield branded with a "NAD recertified" label is a unit that has been personally inspected and gone over with a fine tooth comb by the NAD service techs before it leaves the shop. Sometimes these units are ones that have been opened and the buyer had changed their mind, or the unit was difficult for them to figure out how to set up. In any case, I hung up the phone at 3:15 PM and was back on the phone with him at 11:45 AM the very next day getting advice on uploading the latest software/firmware over the phone. He seemed very impressed with my purchase, and especially the great value. I don't think I would trust the opinion of one of the salesman over a top tech on a product, but good on you. You got a two year warranty, while mine was only a year. The tech was agreeing with me that the time to worry about a product is usually the first time you fire it up, until the first "burn in" that happens when you drive it hard for a couple of times. After that, it is rare that the unit will have issues.

There is a certain satisfaction that you get from buying a brand spanking new item that is never equaled by buying something that is not. I did the same thing on some full frame DSLR bodies and two different Canon DSLR lenses that were over $2,000, and a few more that were over $1,000 because I didn't want to question the origin of something of that value that would be "used".

I noticed the payment program offered by Crutchfield that looked like a winner, so you did good there. Enjoy that receiver, as I have really liked mine a lot. I haven't figured out what to do with the $700 I saved, but I am looking at a host of options.
post #78 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I didn't bother with the salesmen at Crutchfield to know much anyway, so I went right to the source and spoke to the NAD head technician directly who is the technical "guru" at NAD for advice before purchasing. He assured me that a verified unit from Crutchfield branded with a "NAD recertified" label is a unit that has been personally inspected and gone over with a fine tooth comb by the NAD service techs before it leaves the shop. Sometimes these units are ones that have been opened and the buyer had changed their mind, or the unit was difficult for them to figure out how to set up. In any case, I hung up the phone at 3:15 PM and was back on the phone with him at 11:45 AM the very next day getting advice on uploading the latest software/firmware over the phone. He seemed very impressed with my purchase, and especially the great value. I don't think I would trust the opinion of one of the salesman over a top tech on a product, but good on you. You got a two year warranty, while mine was only a year. The tech was agreeing with me that the time to worry about a product is usually the first time you fire it up, until the first "burn in" that happens when you drive it hard for a couple of times. After that, it is rare that the unit will have issues.

There is a certain satisfaction that you get from buying a brand spanking new item that is never equaled by buying something that is not. I did the same thing on some full frame DSLR bodies and two different Canon DSLR lenses that were over $2,000, and a few more that were over $1,000 because I didn't want to question the origin of something of that value that would be "used".

I noticed the payment program offered by Crutchfield that looked like a winner, so you did good there. Enjoy that receiver, as I have really liked mine a lot. I haven't figured out what to do with the $700 I saved, but I am looking at a host of options.
I didn't think to call NAD directly. So you got a great deal and they are right that if there are issues they will usually show up right away.
post #79 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
I didn't think to call NAD directly. So you got a great deal and they are right that if there are issues they will usually show up right away.
The amplifier sections in the T77 v3 are really stout for what you would think when you look at the ratings. They are really better than my T 758. It's a shame that NAD doesn't let you use just the power amps in their receivers anymore, since the T 752 I have is capable of doing. I didn't know that until I had called the tech at NAD about "upgrading" my T 758. I was under the impression that I was able to use the amps on that unit with another surround preamp, but you can't. That completely steered me towards the T777, since I could use the T 758 in my bedroom.

You will want to hook up the T 777 v3 "as is" before deciding to use it as anything else, since the amps aren't able to be used otherwise. If I hadn't talked to the NAD tech, I would have bought all kinds of equipment to no avail to try to use just the amps in the T 758.
post #80 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
The amplifier sections in the T77 v3 are really stout for what you would think when you look at the ratings. They are really better than my T 758. It's a shame that NAD doesn't let you use just the power amps in their receivers anymore, since the T 752 I have is capable of doing. I didn't know that until I had called the tech at NAD about "upgrading" my T 758. I was under the impression that I was able to use the amps on that unit with another surround preamp, but you can't. That completely steered me towards the T777, since I could use the T 758 in my bedroom.

You will want to hook up the T 777 v3 "as is" before deciding to use it as anything else, since the amps aren't able to be used otherwise. If I hadn't talked to the NAD tech, I would have bought all kinds of equipment to no avail to try to use just the amps in the T 758.
I think the big issue with the NADs and Arcams (both having Dirac) is the limited ability to use the amps for the height channels. Some people may want better amps for the front and channel speakers and then use those amps for the height channels. I believe Marantz /Denon provide much more flexibility.

I looked hard and long at the Emotiva RMC-1 processor (not released yet) but since my main interest is high end stereo with a separate system, I didn't want to shell out $7,000 to $8,000. The NAD will be wonderful for my needs. Currently have the Denon 4311ci. It's good but sometimes it will shut off at loud passages.
post #81 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 12:46 PM

I'm too old to really hear those extended frequencies anymore, but to my ears, the T 777 provides plenty of headroom and frequency response for the 4 ohm Allison speakers I am driving. My Allison Threes sound really, really good with this unit. They are better than my Dahlquist 10's being as the Three's are made for corner placement only. I have yet to investigate "height speakers".

I had problems with my T 758 shutting down with the Three's as they are rated for 4 ohms whereas the original T 758 is not rated for 4 ohm use except in stereo mode. The tech at NAD told me that the T 758 v3 is rated for 4 ohms. I am now running a subwoofer that was helping with the heat shut down on the T 758. The new T 758 V3 has 3 fans on the bottom, whereas the T 777 V3 has 6 fans on the underside.

From a strictly monetary perspective, I would say that spending this much coin on modern receivers has me tapped out as to the ability to enjoy the sound. Of course if I had the funds, I would be going for the separates just for the flexibility factor. The ability to upgrade the MDC is a novel idea, so I'll be looking at that factor to be able to lock myself in to a receiver over separates. I still think the prices of these MDC cards is above what the market will bear for most people. A 40% investment from a new unit's purchase price to upgrade just one of the cards is really steep for my liking. I am still wanting to update my original T 758, but I found it a little hard to take to invest that much coin into that unit just for that upgrade the latest card offers.

The ability to hook up a Hi Res media player like my FIIO X7 Mk II to this unit, playing the unit directly into the preamp line level is about the best sound I could possibly want right now, and the Bluetooth capability to control the FIIO was my goal. A lot of people want to play the media player over the air using BT, but I want to control the FIIO from a phone or laptop that's BT enabled to get the best sound possible. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it. I am satisfied by the BT over the air, but it's much better to hook the media player directly up to this receiver.
RagtopFE likes this.
post #82 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
I was told you can reassign the amps in the 758 and 777 to the height channels and use the preamp outputs for the fronts. Is that not possible? I am doing that in my denon x4300h now. Guess what. I am using the amp “main in” inputs on my old nad t763 as amps for the denon and they sound better than the built in amps in the denon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #83 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
I was told you can reassign the amps in the 758 and 777 to the height channels and use the preamp outputs for the fronts. Is that not possible? I am doing that in my denon x4300h now. Guess what. I am using the amp “main in” inputs on my old nad t763 as amps for the denon and they sound better than the built in amps in the denon.

From what the tech described to me, it is only the units with the jumpers on the back that are able to utilize the amp sections for other uses. The T763 has those jumpers. If you don't see those jumpers, you are not going to be able to utilize the amplifiers for your uses other than just in the receiver as it is. I believe that model is a sought after unit just because of those jumpers, the quality and number of the amps, and the availability to use it with versatility that the new ones aren't capable of. The preamps are available, just not the amplifier sections. The side that says "main in" are missing from the newer units without those jumpers. That was what I was told anyway.
post #84 of 375 Old 07-27-2018, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
From what the tech described to me, it is only the units with the jumpers on the back that are able to utilize the amp sections for other uses. The T763 has those jumpers. If you don't see those jumpers, you are not going to be able to utilize the amplifiers for your uses other than just in the receiver as it is. I believe that model is a sought after unit just because of those jumpers, the quality and number of the amps, and the availability to use it with versatility that the new ones aren't capable of. The preamps are available, just not the amplifier sections. The side that says "main in" are missing from the newer units without those jumpers. That was what I was told anyway.

I misunderstood you. Yes I love the fact I have external jumpers on the t763 and I can use it as a power amp. I also have a t775hd and it does not have this feature. I have a denon x4300h and it does not have it either. What I meant by configurable amps is in software you can map a certain channels to the built in amp and the others to out board amp. My denon has 9 built in amp channels. But it can process 11 channels. So it let me assign either the front L/R or one set of atmos channels go outboard amp. I can always use outboard amps for all 11 channels.

I believe the nad t777 and 758 have the same assignable amps (of course these have only 7 channel amps but can process 11 channels).

post #85 of 375 Old 08-16-2018, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hello, a question for the owners of the T777. If you bring your ear to the speakers, you hear a quiet buzz from the speakers when the receiver is powered on?
post #86 of 375 Old 08-16-2018, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1307 Post(s)
Liked: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFreemen View Post
Hello, a question for the owners of the T777. If you bring your ear to the speakers, you hear a quiet buzz from the speakers when the receiver is powered on?
What speakers are you using?

Selling in AVS Classifieds
Revel Studio2 Pair - gloss black
post #87 of 375 Old 08-16-2018, 12:10 PM

Klipsch R-28F at the front, R-25C at the center and R-15M at the surround.
post #88 of 375 Old 08-16-2018, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 4121
Quote:
No buzz heard on my setup.
DrFreemen likes this.

Spoiler!
post #89 of 375 Old 08-17-2018, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I have the same problem on my T777 v3. The support told me that a little noise is normal. I have tested with internal amp and external amp and both is the same problem. So i think it's coming from the pre amp section. On the specs it has 84 DB instead of other devices which have more then 110 DB so some noises should be normal and are not a fault.
DrFreemen likes this.
post #90 of 375 Old 08-17-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTurbo View Post
I have the same problem on my T777 v3. The support told me that a little noise is normal. I have tested with internal amp and external amp and both is the same problem. So i think it's coming from the pre amp section. On the specs it has 84 DB instead of other devices which have more then 110 DB so some noises should be normal and are not a fault.
What type of noise do you have: hiss, hum or buzz? Depends the volume of the noise from the volume control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page