NAD T777 v3 - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 97Likes

post #151 of 461 Old 10-17-2018, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Joe, I was merely trying to be courteous and invite others to share their experiences. Sometimes when two posters get into a friendly back and forth, for some reason other posters don't add any content. But to be clear about what we are discussing here, you are right. I was just thinking about the cost of components, and how much the value of audiophile components has differed over time.

I bought some used components to hook up my 30'x32'x10' outbuilding with sound, and looked up the equivalent value that these components cost the original owners when brand new. Not to belabor the point, but my Soundcraftsmen 5002 power amp originally cost $799 in 1978, and a pair of Dahlquist DQ 10's were $479 each in 1980. That total of cash outlay, would equate to $6,250 in today's dollars, and that's without the HK preamp, Marantz analog tuner, HK CD player, and Yamaha equalizer. I stopped looking at the values after those two components,, as I didn't need to see any more to convince me that people are willing to spend a lot of money on audiophile grade components, myself being guilty as charged.

My point being, there is a certain way to make up excuses to purchase high dollar audio gear. My wife may not agree to a point, like when I told her that I was saving $700 on an AVR, but in order to do so, I would have to act fast in order to get the deal offered to me at the time. That's beside the point. I have found that with some gear, it is always going to cost more than you really wanted to spend, but I think you set yourself up for such an expenditure on purpose. That's getting a bit off topic, however.

My theory is that, over time, you will appreciate the bragging rights and the satisfaction of knowing you spent a fair share of coin to pick up some excellent audio gear. I would rather have that Cheshire Cat grin than a disappointing frown every time you pick up the remote control to turn your system on.

Another thing I spent more than I can equate in my head is the FIIO X7 Mk II. If you haven't exposed yourself to a high quality DAP (Digital Audio Player) yet, you are in for a treat!I have had my wife tell me how much she enjoyed listening to my living room system while she is in the bedroom, staring at the T 758 that's powered down. Each time I can coax a compliment out of her as to how good the system in the living room sounds, the more I can get out the Cheshire grin, and love every minute of it.
joep66 and RagtopFE like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 461 Old 10-19-2018, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Atmos setup. How does the NAD know what kind of Atmos speakers that are in use? Now I have 5.1.2. And at my Denon I would use TM, top middle. But my NAD does not have any options to change from back L and R? Do I have to use height 1 instead? The display says Atmos as it should.

Epson TW9400, Dreamscreen v6 109", Sony UBP X800, Mede8er med600x3d, Nvidia Shield 2019 tv, Atv4k, Xbox One X, Hp htpc.
Nad M17 , ATI AT543NC ,Nad M25.
Arendal Sound tower, Arendal center, Arendal Surround, SVS PB-16 Ultra, SVS PB-13 Ultra, Dali Oberon On-wall, Dali Alteco C-1.
post #153 of 461 Old 10-20-2018, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello, there are some distorsions (broken sound) even at low volume at NAD T777 V3. Factory settings and reinstall firmware didn’t help. Sometimes the sound is fine; most of the time...broken sound. Fist 2 weeks the sound was clean. Any advice? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 461 Old 10-20-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserT777V3 View Post
Hello, there are some distorsions (broken sound) even at low volume at NAD T777 V3. Factory settings and reinstall firmware didn’t help. Sometimes the sound is fine; most of the time...broken sound. Fist 2 weeks the sound was clean. Any advice? Thank you
Call the NAD product consumer support phone number. Ask for the NAD technician line. You will be surprised at how valuable that phone call will help you out, as a rule anyway. Good luck.
post #155 of 461 Old 10-20-2018, 10:05 AM

Thank you
post #156 of 461 Old 10-20-2018, 12:54 PM

It sounds like you have some kind of problem that a firmware won't fix if the sound is crackling or "broken". That is, by your description, a serious problem. It could be your speakers. Do you have another set of speakers that you can test out to see if that can be ruled out? Check the connections and the speaker drivers themselves to see if it's not your AVR. Also check the component that you are using to provide the recorded medium. It could be the CD player, DAP, Blu Ray player, or whatever you are trying to listen to that has a problem. Check the line voltage, or the quality of the connection to the line conditioner or surge protector as well.

The typical problem with a new audio component, as a rule, will appear/be discovered within the first week of use. You may have been one of those purchasers to experience that particular phenomenon. Good luck.
post #157 of 461 Old 10-22-2018, 10:01 AM

There are 7 speakers;-all same sound; sometimes clean; most of the time...distorsions (especialy mid range soundd; bass is ok). I will check with diferent speakers
I will check the line voltage too.
Thank you
post #158 of 461 Old 10-22-2018, 06:25 PM

What is your input? Are you listening to Blu Ray, CD's, DAP, streaming audio, etc? If you can be sure that you have a clean, reliable input, then you are (almost) halfway there. Don't forget to get the NAD technician on the phone as well. You have an uneven number of speakers, suggesting a subwoofer. Take that out of the loop first. Then isolate pairs one at a time.

The easiest way to troubleshoot is to define legitamite/reliable sources, and then question the variables by isolating them one by one. It almost sounds like it is a loose connection by the sounds of the crackling description. That's a stab in the dark, but I have always found that these kind of noises are usually the fault of bad wiring, or loose connections. I shouldn't even be guessing like this, but sometimes the simplest things could be causing major problems. Begin by replacing "inter-connects" and speaker wiring, then checking other simple causes like bad speaker drivers and speaker components. Again, good luck. That is a bad position to be in.
post #159 of 461 Old 10-23-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootster View Post
What is your input? Are you listening to Blu Ray, CD's, DAP, streaming audio, etc? If you can be sure that you have a clean, reliable input, then you are (almost) halfway there. Don't forget to get the NAD technician on the phone as well. You have an uneven number of speakers, suggesting a subwoofer. Take that out of the loop first. Then isolate pairs one at a time. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

The easiest way to troubleshoot is to define legitamite/reliable sources, and then question the variables by isolating them one by one. It almost sounds like it is a loose connection by the sounds of the crackling description. That's a stab in the dark, but I have always found that these kind of noises are usually the fault of bad wiring, or loose connections. I shouldn't even be guessing like this, but sometimes the simplest things could be causing major problems. Begin by replacing "inter-connects" and speaker wiring, then checking other simple causes like bad speaker drivers and speaker components. Again, good luck. That is a bad position to be in.
Source of listening: BluOs (streaming, usb drive: wav, flac), Tv (Youtube, Netflix, cableTv). Power cable PS Audio AC-5 with Isotek Solus, frontal speakers Kef LS50, subwoofer SVS SB 1000, 5 satelites Harman Kardon HKTS 65. TV Oled Sony 55A1.
The sound is like a radio station which is not 100% properly adjusted.
I had few chat messages with NAD support site; they said to send the NAD to service.I will call at Canada service. First I will check the electric instalation and cables; I will go with AVR to a friend’s house too.
Thank you
post #160 of 461 Old 10-23-2018, 01:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveineb View Post
Atmos setup. How does the NAD know what kind of Atmos speakers that are in use? Now I have 5.1.2. And at my Denon I would use TM, top middle. But my NAD does not have any options to change from back L and R? Do I have to use height 1 instead? The display says Atmos as it should.
In amplifier settings turn "Back" off & set to Height 1 or 2. Go to Speaker configuration & change mode.
sveineb likes this.

Reality Based.
post #161 of 461 Old 10-23-2018, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My 777v3 has been working flawlessly until I did a few changes on Sunday morning.

I did a 2 channel Dirac calibration on Saturday, and applied it to my 2 channel listening without issue.

On Sunday morning, I checked the bluos item, and there was an update, which I did.

After this, I did some more Dirac calibration for surround sound. I put the 2 channel in filter 1 (the day before) and surround in filter 2.

I switched my input over to the cable box, and only got a pink screen with no video or sound.

I then switched to my new Roku, and saw enough of the screen to do a set-up (pink background though), and after that - no video.

I was about to switch out my HDMI cable from my receiver to the tv, when I decided to shut off the receiver with the rocker switch on the back. I did this, and turned it on, and the video was fine. I chalked it up to maybe a surge or just needing a reset. I did notice, my filter 1 was gone, but still could apply filter 2. Everything was okay for the day. I don't think I turned off the system until I went to bed Sunday night.

After dinner on Monday, turned on the system to watch the Roku, and same problem - pink screen. Turned the receiver off with the rocker switch on the back, and everything was fine. Turned off the system with my remote, turned it back on, and it's fine.

I'm assuming when I get home tonight, I will have the same pink screen issue. Is this related to the Sunday morning update? I had not seen any mention of an update from other posters, and I believe everything was up to date on Saturday. Did i get a bad update? Is there an issue with my receiver and storing filters is causing an issue? Did I change some of the CEC stuff by accident? Known issue?

I have no idea what's wrong, but if anyone has had a similar issue, please let me know. I assume I've accidentally changed something, but not sure what...maybe I have to reset the receiver and set it up again

Thanks for any advice.
Joe

Living room: NAD 777v3, Totem Tribe III, SVS SB 13 Ultra, Sony 65x900f, Oppo 203, Sonos, Roku Ultra
Basement: Marantz 7010, ML 40, 50x LG OLED 55”
post #162 of 461 Old 10-25-2018, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 394
We have uploaded and set up the NAD Full Dirac version 1.2.37 to portal.
Now this version can be downloaded in the Download page.

Flavio
joep66 likes this.

Warning: My posts might be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)
post #163 of 461 Old 10-25-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flax View Post

Flavio
Is there a place to go to find out what the current firmware the NAD T777 v3 is running to be up to date/current on the internet/NAD website?

My T777 v3 reports:

MCU v 2.08

DSP v 1.10

Video v1.09

BluOS/OSD v 3.02

Does anyone have a report that is different from mine? Curious minds want to know. TIA
post #164 of 461 Old 10-29-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flax View Post

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] Flavio
1. I have reinstalled Dirac due some errors and I have lost one more credit.
Please advice me how to update/reinstall Dirac without lose credit (same NAD, same laptop)!
One more issue:
2. When I try to calibrate and push test button for subwoofer in Dirac (when the output sound level must be in the Green Zone around 12) the test sound is in Left Front Speaker, not in Subwoofer and the sound is same calibration sound, not the test sound. No sonnd in subwoofer in Dirac. When play music... subwoofer has sound.
Please explain me why this issue!
Thank you
post #165 of 461 Old 10-30-2018, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserT777V3 View Post
1. I have reinstalled Dirac due some errors and I have lost one more credit.
Please advice me how to update/reinstall Dirac without lose credit (same NAD, same laptop)!
One more issue:
2. When I try to calibrate and push test button for subwoofer in Dirac (when the output sound level must be in the Green Zone around 12) the test sound is in Left Front Speaker, not in Subwoofer and the sound is same calibration sound, not the test sound. No sonnd in subwoofer in Dirac. When play music... subwoofer has sound.
Please explain me why this issue!
Thank you

Hi userT777V3,

1- I think that you should be able to reset your license by logging into https://portal.dirac.se and clicking the trash icon next to your license

2- If you'll still find issues with the latest firmware and software updates you can get support here: https://support.nadelectronics.com/h...s/requests/new

I hope this helps, Flavio

Warning: My posts might be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)
post #166 of 461 Old 11-04-2018, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Posting on as many relevant forums that I can find. Power to the people :

I emailed NAD support asking them to unlock the speaker level/ distance post Dirac. They replied they would pass it on to the development team. I doubt they will do it just on my request but if lots of people ask then we may get it......
post #167 of 461 Old 11-09-2018, 03:57 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hello, has anyone tried to play on Т777 v3 sound in Atmos? Are there any short-term sound loss?
post #168 of 461 Old 11-09-2018, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 132
I am seriously considering this receiver. If I wanted to add a separate stereo amp for music listening, would I be able to reassign the Nad's internal amps to another channel?

Do not steal, The powers that be do not like the competition.
post #169 of 461 Old 11-09-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismanrara View Post
I am seriously considering this receiver. If I wanted to add a separate stereo amp for music listening, would I be able to reassign the Nad's internal amps to another channel?
The surround back channel only.
post #170 of 461 Old 11-09-2018, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFreemen View Post
The surround back channel only.
Does that mean that I can add an external amp and re-direct Nad's front channels to be used on the back channels?

post #171 of 461 Old 11-09-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismanrara View Post
Does that mean that I can add an external amp and re-direct Nad's front channels to be used on the back channels?
No. The front channels cannot be redirected. You can redirect only the surround back channels to the upper channels or zone 2, 3, etc.
post #172 of 461 Old 11-09-2018, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No. The front channels cannot be redirected. You can redirect only the surround back channels to the upper channels or zone 2, 3, etc.
Thank you again.

post #173 of 461 Old 11-13-2018, 03:43 AM

Hello,
Thank for support.
When I power on my T777 V3, listening mode is jumping from STEREO to DOLBY SURROUND; from one to another and/or from 48kz to nothing (disapear snd apear 48 on the svr screen) Later when start playing music it’s ok.
Regards
post #174 of 461 Old 11-14-2018, 05:48 AM

Is there really no owners of T777 who uses atmos?
post #175 of 461 Old 11-15-2018, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I'm working on setting up an Atmos system now around my 777v3. What sound loss are you worried about?
post #176 of 461 Old 11-16-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwando View Post
Quote:
I'm working on setting up an Atmos system now around my 777v3. What sound loss are you worried about?
Periodic short-term interruptions in the sound in all channels simultaneously while playing Atmos.
post #177 of 461 Old 11-17-2018, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTurbo View Post
I ask the support and they told me that a noise is normal when you put your ear on the speaker. When you go 1m away you won't hear it. I got feedback from 2 other users in germany with T777 V3 and they have the same issues. So we think that it's normal at this NAD devices.

Just hooked up a Factory Refurb 777v3 to a brand new set of Paradigm Prestige 85's and 55C and I hear the hum loud and clear. I can hear it 5-6 feet away. Doesn't respond to any changes in volume. Even tried changing speaker cables, plugging into a different outlet, etc. They really said it is normal? That doesn't seem right to me.

Scary thing is if I play music and turn the volume down the hum is still there. If I set a speaker to "off" in the OSD it is still there. So there's always power being sent across? Some low level signal?

Not sure how happy I am about that.
post #178 of 461 Old 11-17-2018, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Just hooked up a Factory Refurb 777v3 to a brand new set of Paradigm Prestige 85's and 55C and I hear the hum loud and clear. I can hear it 5-6 feet away. Doesn't respond to any changes in volume. Even tried changing speaker cables, plugging into a different outlet, etc. They really said it is normal? That doesn't seem right to me.

Scary thing is if I play music and turn the volume down the hum is still there. If I set a speaker to "off" in the OSD it is still there. So there's always power being sent across? Some low level signal?

Irwando,
I’m listening to my777v3 right now, and it is dead silent without music playing. That’s with my ear right up to the speaker.
Something isn’t right...
Joe

Living room: NAD 777v3, Totem Tribe III, SVS SB 13 Ultra, Sony 65x900f, Oppo 203, Sonos, Roku Ultra
Basement: Marantz 7010, ML 40, 50x LG OLED 55”
post #179 of 461 Old 11-17-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joep66 View Post
Irwando,
I’m listening to my777v3 right now, and it is dead silent without music playing. That’s with my ear right up to the speaker.
Something isn’t right...
Joe
What speakers do you have?
post #180 of 461 Old 11-17-2018, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

my t777v3 is in repair by nad germany. They dont have solution for this problem { they told me this is the third t777v3 they have become for repair for this problem} they have contact nad canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page