The Official Onkyo 2017 TX-NR575 and TX-NR676 Thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 508Likes

post #511 of 1184 Old 07-10-2018, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 610 View Post
Hi all, with the 676, is it possible to use zone 2 preout as Atmos?so that you can do 5.2.4 or 7.2.2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
I am pretty sure NO, I think the cheapest receiver that can do that is around $600 refurb, or $800-$1000+ new.
Sorry to bring up an old question, but does anyone know for sure if this wouldn't work with zone 2 and another smaller amp? I'm a noob when it comes to speakers\receivers so i just want to make sure i'm not missing something right now.

HOveys Media Lounge Build Thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...ld-thread.html
IMGUR album of build: https://imgur.com/a/4w74FYj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1184 Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn0r View Post
So I've had my TX-NR575 for a little over a year now. It is hooked up to my LG OLED TV with CEC/ARC enabled so that I can use the apps on the TV itself to use the apps and for OTA TV audio.

I get frequent video drops. The screen just goes blank, and the TV complains that there is "no signal." It happens on all inputs, the Tivo, Xbox 1X, Xfinity X1 cable box. To fix it, I grab the Onkyo remote and switch to another HDMI input, wait for video to start, then switch back to my intended input. Video then comes back.

But it can vanish at any point, and I have to repeat the fix. Sometimes it happens every 10-30 seconds, sometimes it can go for hours and hours without issue. Sometimes it seems to get "stuck" and the only fix is power cycling the Onkyo. I'm on the latest over the net firmware (1070-9020-2050-0010).

I saw at least one other person in this thread is having the issue. Is there a fix? I'm getting close to selling this thing and picking up a new receiver and leaving the Onkyo brand. My last receiver was also an Onkyo, and had its own issues (having to do with selecing HDMI inputs. Had to do some creative programming of my Harmony to get it to work right).

TIA for any answers...
Had a similar problem with my C7 and NR676. Replacing my HDMI cable with a certified High-Speed cable took care of the video signal issues, but I've been unable to use ARC since the latest C7 and NR676 firmware updates. In general, I've not been a fan of the Onkyo, but my wife would kill me if I brought home another AVR so soon after buying this one.
Xn0r likes this.
post #513 of 1184 Old 07-10-2018, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekzapoppin View Post
Had a similar problem with my C7 and NR676. Replacing my HDMI cable with a certified High-Speed cable took care of the video signal issues, but I've been unable to use ARC since the latest C7 and NR676 firmware updates. In general, I've not been a fan of the Onkyo, but my wife would kill me if I brought home another AVR so soon after buying this one.
Unplug all your other devices from the 676 connected by HDMI before doing anything drastic. Then test it.

For me, a Roku was preventing arc from working on the system.
geekzapoppin likes this.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.85 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 1184 Old 07-11-2018, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 4
A question about connectivity.

575E to TV = HDMI ARC to ARC
575E to Zappiti = HDMI ?
575E to VU+ = HDMI Cable to Sat
post #515 of 1184 Old 07-11-2018, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is anyone coming from previous Onkyo model noticing that the volume has to be set higher on the 676? I came from a HT-R693 (part of the S7700 Atmos package I picked up in 2015) and typically I never raised the volume above 40 on that. With the 676 I am typically at 45 for late night viewing and above 50 during the day. My living room isn't that large as I am in an apartment, but I did also just upgrade my speakers to Polks which are 8ohm rather than the 6ohm impedance speakers that came with the S7700 HTIB.

Also, I searched the thread and someone mentioned being able to turn off the volume bar displayed on the TV but do not see that option in my settings menu. Is that only for the 575? Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I like that 676 has everything I need and nothing that I don't.
post #516 of 1184 Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theruckman View Post
Guys, so here is how I WIMPED OUT and fixed this: I just got rid of the NEW Apple TV and replaced with an older model and all was fine -UNTIL TODAY!!!! UGHHHHH So the only thing I can figure out is that after a power outage they had THEN all of a sudden their Arris Spectrum cable box shows an HDMI error message (see attached pic) and then turns off the stupid cable box after that. So do I need to just BITE IT and pay $300 for the EVEX4K50? OR any other ideas I can try? Regardless I will head to ADI in the am and pick one up.

@JChin -I totally missed your idea about HDR off and on I will try this too...I will look up but do you think it is ON by default? Probably

thanks for your guys help
Scott
So here is the latest on this saga and could really help some other techs out there: I DID buy the $300 Vanco device -did NOT fix the last prb I had (see pic) so i just hooked up the other back up, so GUESS WHAT FIXED THIS STUPID ISSUE? USING "STRM BOX" input as a source for the cable box rather than "CBL/SAT" -can anyone explain to me WHY this worked and or can I expect it to stop working in the future? HDR off or on did not make a difference, that input just worked for me period. Is there something technical about the CBL/SAT input that is different from the STRM BOX? I told my customer while it IS working I could not promise it would continue....could the Onkyo CBL/SAT HDMI input be DEF or again just something special about the STRM BOX input that I don't know? The fact that you can turn HDR off or on makes me think it has special properties...etc....I just want to be able to give my client some peace of mind that I hopefully fixed the issue.....welcome any comments
post #517 of 1184 Old 07-11-2018, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoland2020 View Post
You're not alone unfortunately, I have these same HDMI input issues with my Pioneer VSX-532 receiver. Now I've only had the receiver since February but the constant video input problems are so annoying I too am getting close to throwing this junk in the trash and switch over to either Denon or Yamaha. Ever since Onkyo acquired Pioneer, they went downhill big time.
Yeah I'm thinking it's definitely an ONKYO problem. I remember for a while after a particular firmware upgrade, I kept getting a pop up saying something like "this receiver may not be compatible with all Dolby Vision content" or something similar.

I suspected that was some sort of legal hedge because of a problem with the unit hardware (since firmware should be able to fix the issue). But I'm not sure.
Zoland2020 likes this.

LG OLED OLED65C7P, Onkyo TX-NR575, Xbox 1X, PS4, Tivo Bolt Vox, Xfinity X1
post #518 of 1184 Old 07-11-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekzapoppin View Post
I believe the cables I'm using are already high speed HDMI 3D/CRC/ARC/HDR rated. But I could try a few more cables I have.

As for the ARC problems, I've had those issues too, and it seemed to be a TV/Receiver configuration issue. From what I understand and have seen in the past, ARC/CRC can reconfigure the receiver and input settings, etc so that it's using ARC sound. But in my experience I had to do a bunch of configuration to make it work reliably. I do this:

1. I use the TV Input label when I want to use the TV for OTA or TV Webos Apps (makes sense to me).
  2. Under menu item 1-2 HDMI Input, the TV input label has nothing ("--") selected
  3. It shouldn't matter, but under 1-4 Digital Audio Input, I have Optical 1 enabled (I believe that is default setting)
  4. 1-3 and 1-5 (Video Input & Analog Audio Input) have TV input label set to nothing ("--")
  5. Under 5-1 HDMI, HDMI CECis turned ON, and Audio Return Channel (ARC) is turned to Auto (pretty obvious this needs to be set like this)
  6. Most important thing: With the TV input selected on the receiver (press the TV button), go to the 4-3 Audio Select menu, and set Audio Select to ARC. The PCM Fixed Mode will be grayed out since it doesn't apply.

I stress again, make sure the receiver is on the TV input, since this 4-3 menu item is set PER INPUT, and the input on which it takes effect is controlled by the currently selected input on the receiver, instead of a list like all the other settings on this receiver!

If you do this, then selecting the TV input on the Onkyo will set things up for ARC audio input. Since the actual video is coming from the TV itself, nothing else matters. OTA and TV Apps will do the ARC thing properly. I have an OTA TV setting on my Harmony remote which switches to the TV input and switches the TV itself into the right mode (OTA tuner) to do this. From this I can then also use the built in TV apps, etc. This includes Dolby Vision, HDR, etc.

post #519 of 1184 Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruckman View Post
So here is the latest on this saga and could really help some other techs out there: I DID buy the $300 Vanco device -did NOT fix the last prb I had (see pic) so i just hooked up the other back up, so GUESS WHAT FIXED THIS STUPID ISSUE? USING "STRM BOX" input as a source for the cable box rather than "CBL/SAT" -can anyone explain to me WHY this worked and or can I expect it to stop working in the future? HDR off or on did not make a difference, that input just worked for me period. Is there something technical about the CBL/SAT input that is different from the STRM BOX? I told my customer while it IS working I could not promise it would continue....could the Onkyo CBL/SAT HDMI input be DEF or again just something special about the STRM BOX input that I don't know? The fact that you can turn HDR off or on makes me think it has special properties...etc....I just want to be able to give my client some peace of mind that I hopefully fixed the issue.....welcome any comments
Did you use the same cables with both inputs? e.g. did you switch the cable from CBL/SAT connector to the STRM BOX connector, or did you use a new cable?

Only things I can think of:
  1. You have a bad connector on the CBL/SAT plug on your unit
  2. Using a bad cable or a cable not rated for high speed it requires.
  3. Plugging and unplugging the cable fixed a connectivity issue by either scrubbing off oxide building on the connectors, or some issue in the cable itself (i've had all manner of cables that had a broken wire where positioning the cable itself would "fix" a problem).

post #520 of 1184 Old 07-12-2018, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Did you use the same cables with both inputs? e.g. did you switch the cable from CBL/SAT connector to the STRM BOX connector, or did you use a new cable?

Only things I can think of:
  1. You have a bad connector on the CBL/SAT plug on your unit
  2. Using a bad cable or a cable not rated for high speed it requires.
  3. Plugging and unplugging the cable fixed a connectivity issue by either scrubbing off oxide building on the connectors, or some issue in the cable itself (i've had all manner of cables that had a broken wire where positioning the cable itself would "fix" a problem).
absolutely only moved the cable over from CBL/SAT to the STRM BOX, did not change anything else....I had already changed all the HDMI cables out with better quality ones previously BUT of course only been using the CBL/SAT input. SO I guess this makes sense but I have to admit I want to go back over there and swap again just to see ha.

The reason I was so reluctant to think it was an Onkyo issue was I have ran into handshake issues with cat5e HDMI extenders before....I dont use them with AVRs that much (try to stick to SOURCE only) and I had myself convinced it was the extender and their new HDR TV that was the culprit (look back at my other posts, I traded that prb for this one....etc...HDR issues)....anyway in the end I am taking the "if it aint broke dont fix it approach" on this one.....I have made so many trips out there diagnosing etc, I just wanted to survey everyone to see if I should expect that issue again. I don't care really about how much time I had invested in this issue AS MUCH AS the whole job, everything really went well and was/is working well EXCEPT for this dumb TV -which was the most important TV in the house (OF COURSE).

thx for the comments
Scott
post #521 of 1184 Old 07-12-2018, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
I believe the cables I'm using are already high speed HDMI 3D/CRC/ARC/HDR rated. But I could try a few more cables I have.

As for the ARC problems, I've had those issues too, and it seemed to be a TV/Receiver configuration issue. From what I understand and have seen in the past, ARC/CRC can reconfigure the receiver and input settings, etc so that it's using ARC sound. But in my experience I had to do a bunch of configuration to make it work reliably. I do this:

1. I use the TV Input label when I want to use the TV for OTA or TV Webos Apps (makes sense to me).
  2. Under menu item 1-2 HDMI Input, the TV input label has nothing ("--") selected
  3. It shouldn't matter, but under 1-4 Digital Audio Input, I have Optical 1 enabled (I believe that is default setting)
  4. 1-3 and 1-5 (Video Input & Analog Audio Input) have TV input label set to nothing ("--")
  5. Under 5-1 HDMI, HDMI CECis turned ON, and Audio Return Channel (ARC) is turned to Auto (pretty obvious this needs to be set like this)
  6. Most important thing: With the TV input selected on the receiver (press the TV button), go to the 4-3 Audio Select menu, and set Audio Select to ARC. The PCM Fixed Mode will be grayed out since it doesn't apply.

I stress again, make sure the receiver is on the TV input, since this 4-3 menu item is set PER INPUT, and the input on which it takes effect is controlled by the currently selected input on the receiver, instead of a list like all the other settings on this receiver!

If you do this, then selecting the TV input on the Onkyo will set things up for ARC audio input. Since the actual video is coming from the TV itself, nothing else matters. OTA and TV Apps will do the ARC thing properly. I have an OTA TV setting on my Harmony remote which switches to the TV input and switches the TV itself into the right mode (OTA tuner) to do this. From this I can then also use the built in TV apps, etc. This includes Dolby Vision, HDR, etc.
Thanks for the detailed info. I'm 99% sure my settings are good, but sometimes it's the order you do them in that makes the difference. I'll absolutely give it a shot and let you know how it turns out. Much appreciated, as I prefer to use the LG Netflix app for its Dolby Vision capabilities, but without ARC, I lose Atmos. First World Problems, I know. I love my Roku Ultra, but sure wish it had DV.
Xn0r likes this.
post #522 of 1184 Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 AM

Has anyone experienced any issues with the OSD output to their TV? Just picked up my 676 over the weekend and got everything re-wired with my new Polk Signature fronts/center and T15 rears. For the first 2 days going through speaker calibration, the OSD output to TV was fine. By Tuesday, when I hit the settings button, my TV screen would go blank but the OSB never came up (even after waiting several minutes). I wasn't even getting the "please wait..." message. However, I could navigate all menu options fine on the receiver display.

That night I unplugged the receiver and TV, switched HDMI ports on the TV and then powered everything back on. That seemed to resolve the issue until last night. The OSD was working the first time I went into it, but later in the night when I tried to go back into settings, the OSD would display, but the screen was frozen. What I mean is that I could navigate through the menu options on the receiver display, but the OSD output to the TV never changed (just stayed stuck on Misc).

I am not utilizing ARC and have all devices connected to the receiver, with the receiver running to the TV via the main HDMI out. One thing I did realize is that the cable running from the receiver to the TV is HDMI 1.4 with a data rate of 10.2Gbps. Could that be what is causing the issue? I picked up a HDMI 2.0 cable today and will test that out when I get home, but I wasn't sure if anyone else has run into an issue like this.
post #523 of 1184 Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapstar1983 View Post
Has anyone experienced any issues with the OSD output to their TV? Just picked up my 676 over the weekend and got everything re-wired with my new Polk Signature fronts/center and T15 rears. For the first 2 days going through speaker calibration, the OSD output to TV was fine. By Tuesday, when I hit the settings button, my TV screen would go blank but the OSB never came up (even after waiting several minutes). I wasn't even getting the "please wait..." message. However, I could navigate all menu options fine on the receiver display.

That night I unplugged the receiver and TV, switched HDMI ports on the TV and then powered everything back on. That seemed to resolve the issue until last night. The OSD was working the first time I went into it, but later in the night when I tried to go back into settings, the OSD would display, but the screen was frozen. What I mean is that I could navigate through the menu options on the receiver display, but the OSD output to the TV never changed (just stayed stuck on Misc).

I am not utilizing ARC and have all devices connected to the receiver, with the receiver running to the TV via the main HDMI out. One thing I did realize is that the cable running from the receiver to the TV is HDMI 1.4 with a data rate of 10.2Gbps. Could that be what is causing the issue? I picked up a HDMI 2.0 cable today and will test that out when I get home, but I wasn't sure if anyone else has run into an issue like this.
The OSD is likely using a 4k/60 signal with a color depth exceiding 10.2gb/s. Are any of your other sources 4K?

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.85 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
post #524 of 1184 Old 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
The OSD is likely using a 4k/60 signal with a color depth exceiding 10.2gb/s. Are any of your other sources 4K?
I have an Apple TV 4K and it's set to 4K/60 SDR, but can also be set to 4K/60 HDR (though I stick with SDR for system and content match for HDR programming). The whole reason I upgraded is because my HT-R693 didn't support HDR and my TV starting having ARC handshake issues so I was getting no audio (Apple TV connected directly to Samsung TV). I have been eyeing upgrades anyway and used that as the excuse to pull the trigger on the 676.
post #525 of 1184 Old 07-12-2018, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have an Apple TV 4K and it's set to 4K/60 SDR, but can also be set to 4K/60 HDR (though I stick with SDR for system and content match for HDR programming). The whole reason I upgraded is because my HT-R693 didn't support HDR and my TV starting having ARC handshake issues so I was getting no audio (Apple TV connected directly to Samsung TV). I have been eyeing upgrades anyway and used that as the excuse to pull the trigger on the 676.
Did you try the check cable feature on the ATV? It will basically try to see if your cables will work in all modes. As an aside, if you have frame matching on, when you play hdr sources, its likely 24p so it will not require the full bandwidth

post #526 of 1184 Old 07-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Did you try the check cable feature on the ATV? It will basically try to see if your cables will work in all modes. As an aside, if you have frame matching on, when you play hdr sources, its likely 24p so it will not require the full bandwidth
I think that is exactly what is happening. Both content matching and frame matching are enabled and when viewing 4K HDR content through Netflix or Amazon, receiver info shows the frame rate at 23/24Hz. Perhaps when I first power everything off and back on, not much data is being consumed. It usually happens after switching from BD player to ATV that I start to see OSD issues, though switching back to BD player still doesn't display OSD correctly after the issue starts.

Got a brand new HDMI cable (18Gbps and 2.0 compliant) on my lunch break and will be swapping that in tonight, so hopefully that will fix everything.
post #527 of 1184 Old 07-13-2018, 02:40 AM

Quote:

I had that issue a few days ago. It got in this state where the primary setup screen wouldn't display, although the quick settings and info displays would. I fixed it by power cycling the TV.

post #528 of 1184 Old 07-13-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
I had that issue a few days ago. It got in this state where the primary setup screen wouldn't display, although the quick settings and info displays would. I fixed it by power cycling the TV.
That is exactly what was happening to me. Quick settings worked just fine. The only thing impacted was the main settings OSD displayed on my TV. When I got home from work last night I swapped out the HDMI cable running from AVR to TV with the new HDMI cable (18Gbps) I bought yesterday. However, I was still having the issue where OSD was stuck on Misc. when displayed on TV (even though the menu displayed on AVR front was fine). I also noticed that when I went to the NET source on the AVR, nothing but a blank screen was displayed.

Was going to force a firmware flash (already on current version) via USB but when I plugged in the thumb drive, nothing happened (may have been due to format of drive - exFAT through Win10). Ultimately, I factory reset the receiver and then went back through initial setup. The OSD was working fine all last night, but I typically don't start having issues until the second day so I guess I'll see what happens tonight when I get home. After the factory reset I did notice the NET source displaying properly as well.

Samsung UN55KS8000 | Onkyo TX-NR676 | Polk S15(FR) S35(C) T15(SS) HTS-10(SW) / Bose 161(FH)
Sony BDP-S6700 | Apple TV 4K | Nintendo Switch | SNES Classic
post #529 of 1184 Old 07-14-2018, 08:33 PM

Liked: 1
Is the 676 a good good upgrade in comparison with the 616 ?

Because the dimensions of my room, I will need a new receiver to work with 4k passthrough.

How much, in %, the 676 performs better than the 616 when speaking about audio performance ?
post #530 of 1184 Old 07-15-2018, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanschneider View Post
Is the 676 a good good upgrade in comparison with the 616 ?

Because the dimensions of my room, I will need a new receiver to work with 4k passthrough.

How much, in %, the 676 performs better than the 616 when speaking about audio performance ?
Rated power seems identical. On the spec sheet at least. The only difference is the DAC. Yours has a burr brown, the newer onkyos use akai. Haven’t had a receiver with that particular burr brown dac so I can’t comment on that, but I’d say don’t expect much of a difference.
post #531 of 1184 Old 07-15-2018, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Does anyone know if the TX-NR575 can handle a pair of Elac UB5 speakers rated at 4 ohms? I will only be running a 2.1 setup with a powered Klipsch sub if that matters. The official manual states that it has a setting for 4 ohm speakers but just want to make sure that I won't run into any issues before purchasing.

Last edited by manoy385; 07-15-2018 at 01:46 PM.
post #532 of 1184 Old 07-18-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoy385 View Post
Does anyone know if the TX-NR575 can handle a pair of Elac UB5 speakers rated at 4 ohms? I will only be running a 2.1 setup with a powered Klipsch sub if that matters. The official manual states that it has a setting for 4 ohm speakers but just want to make sure that I won't run into any issues before purchasing.
Looking at the spec sheet for the 575, running those speakers shouldn't be an issue. Dynamic power per channel at 4ohm load is showing 125w, so RMS would be less (but both would be within the speaker range 40 - 140 watts). The receiver has an option in speaker configuration for either 4ohm or 6ohm.
manoy385 likes this.

Samsung UN55KS8000 | Onkyo TX-NR676 | Polk S15(FR) S35(C) T15(SS) HTS-10(SW) / Bose 161(FH)
Sony BDP-S6700 | Apple TV 4K | Nintendo Switch | SNES Classic
post #533 of 1184 Old 07-18-2018, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Looking at the spec sheet for the 575, running those speakers shouldn't be an issue. Dynamic power per channel at 4ohm load is showing 125w, so RMS would be less (but both would be within the speaker range 40 - 140 watts). The receiver has an option in speaker configuration for either 4ohm or 6ohm.

Was gonna go for 575 but amazon primeday had the SMSL AD18 for less than $100. It was too good of a deal to pass up so I pulled the trigger on it. So far it powers the UB5 no problem and can even get uncomfortably loud.

LG OLED55B7P | SMSL AD18 | ELAC Uni-fi UB5
Topping D50 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | KEF Q150
Topping NX4 DSD | Mayflower Objective2 | Sennheiser HD650 | Fostex T50RP MkII Modded
post #534 of 1184 Old 07-18-2018, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dolby Vision Lip Sync Issues on Nr676

Does the NR646 have an adjustment for a delay with lip sync sound issues. The only happens when I play a blu ray with Dolby Vision using the separate audio input from the player.

Last edited by sal.d; 07-18-2018 at 10:48 AM.
post #535 of 1184 Old 07-18-2018, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal.d View Post
Does the NR676 have an adjustment for a delay with lip sync sound issues. The only happens when I play a blu ray with Dolby Vision using the separate audio input from the player.

If you have a 676, why are you using separate hdmi outs from the bluray player? The 676 can pass through DV.
post #536 of 1184 Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwong View Post
If you have a 676, why are you using separate hdmi outs from the bluray player? The 676 can pass through DV.
I'm sorry, I have the NR-646
post #537 of 1184 Old 07-18-2018, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 18
should I upgrade from 545 to 676?
post #538 of 1184 Old 07-18-2018, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1997 View Post
should I upgrade from 545 to 676? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]
Don’t see any reason to. Unless you want DTS X support which I suppose the 545 doesn’t do?
post #539 of 1184 Old 07-20-2018, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I'm currently running a HTPC and just upgraded from a Onkyo TX-NR626 to the 676 and I suddenly find myself not getting HD audio with my new receiver. Everything has the same (correct) settings on my PC and software I use to play files, but I can't get the red text on my receiver's display to say for example "DTS HD MSTR" like my last receiver did, so I figure I'm not getting HD audio. After I experimented a lot today I did manage to get it to say DTS HD MSTR when I hit info on the remote, but even then there's the red text above it that just says "Dts". What can I trust here? Am I getting DTS or DTS HD MSTR? Does this receiver not display "DTS HD MSTR" in the red text?

When I hit info on the remote the little window pops up on my TV and it says "Input: DTS HD MSTR" and "Output: DTS HD MSTR" but receiver still says "Dts" in red text, so I'm very very confused here. I'm using Belkin Ultra High Speed HDMI cables, FWIW. I'm very sorry for rambling, but I just need help. (I tried to attach link to imgur album to show what the receiver and TV's display looks like but I sadly don't have enough posts on here to let me do it).
post #540 of 1184 Old 07-20-2018, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkasi View Post
Hi everyone. I'm currently running a HTPC and just upgraded from a Onkyo TX-NR626 to the 676 and I suddenly find myself not getting HD audio with my new receiver. Everything has the same (correct) settings on my PC and software I use to play files, but I can't get the red text on my receiver's display to say for example "DTS HD MSTR" like my last receiver did, so I figure I'm not getting HD audio. After I experimented a lot today I did manage to get it to say DTS HD MSTR when I hit info on the remote, but even then there's the red text above it that just says "Dts". What can I trust here? Am I getting DTS or DTS HD MSTR? Does this receiver not display "DTS HD MSTR" in the red text?

When I hit info on the remote the little window pops up on my TV and it says "Input: DTS HD MSTR" and "Output: DTS HD MSTR" but receiver still says "Dts" in red text, so I'm very very confused here. I'm using Belkin Ultra High Speed HDMI cables, FWIW. I'm very sorry for rambling, but I just need help. (I tried to attach link to imgur album to show what the receiver and TV's display looks like but I sadly don't have enough posts on here to let me do it).
The info is correct, it's just the lights on the display that is less informative. I also dislike this since i have to press info several times to check that correct sound track is selected instead of just verifying it by the correct light as my previous receiver.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
7.1 , 7.1 setup , dolby atmos , Onkyo , receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page