The Official Onkyo 2017 TX-NR575 and TX-NR676 Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 492Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 957 Old 07-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
 
billymerritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Nice entry level Atmos & DTS:X Receiver

No one on this thread for a while, just to chime in on my experience with this receiver. It has impressed me only as a 5.1.2 setup the sound is much better than the older 7.1 setup, especially with the newer Atmos / DTS:X movies, as they must be taking advantage of the object based format. Anyone else care to comment?

Bill
billymerritt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 957 Old 07-20-2017, 06:49 AM
Member
 
crazyhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Pioneer user here, i would like to ask Onkyo owners here if the AccuEQ cal can independently calibrate the two subs just like Xt32 and MCACC pro?

TiA


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crazyhog is online now  
post #63 of 957 Old 07-26-2017, 10:24 AM
Member
 
rdh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hello, just had a quick question regarding Spotify/Google Cast integration. If i'm casting spotify to the receiver is it possible to change the the video output displayed on the tv?

Edit: Just in case someone else finds this post wondering the same, the answer is 'sort of'. When you start casting you can hit 'mode' on the remote and it will display whatever input you were using previous to casting. If you want to change the input you have to start casting again.

Last edited by rdh86; 07-27-2017 at 04:06 AM.
rdh86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 957 Old 08-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Member
 
gamera87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello, I upgraded from the Onkyo 809 to the Onkyo 676.

When playing video content, pressing the 676 remote's "i" button displays audio and then video information. In the video information, the words "premium content" are occasionally displayed. I have seen this displayed when streaming content via Netflix/Roku (4K and Roku-upscaled 1080p), and when playing a UHD via Oppo 203. I do not see these words displayed when playing 1080i content via DIRECTV. I am concluding that "premium content" refers to 4K content. Is this correct? What is the point of this phrase here? The video information displayed already includes the resolution.

Last edited by gamera87; 08-02-2017 at 03:10 PM.
gamera87 is offline  
post #65 of 957 Old 08-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Member
 
tsunami2311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ, Lincoln Park
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
did the really pul hdmi to hdmi 1080p to 4k conversion from 575-675 models that 555-656 had? I was gona grab 575 then noticed this, maybe i wait and see what 2018 models look like I really want AV unit with eARC
tsunami2311 is offline  
post #66 of 957 Old 08-15-2017, 06:39 AM
Member
 
rdh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone with this unit own a Roku Ultra? When set it to 4k HDR on the Roku the signal drops like crazy and flashes HDCP warnings. But when I hook it up directly to the tv (same cable, and same input) it works flawlessly. Also, if I have the receiver turned off but allow pass-through it works fine as well. Any ideas?
rdh86 is offline  
post #67 of 957 Old 08-29-2017, 09:01 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi I have just replaced my Onkyo TX-Nr646 to the new TXNr676Ejeg experience sorry to sound now is much different than in the past. it is as if the sound will be played in a can or that there is a film in front of the sound By in if there are any settings I can change or something?
Jeppe Flarup Krusbæk is offline  
post #68 of 957 Old 09-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Member
 
DustoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rockland, WI
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
So there is a firmware update dated 8/31 that adds DTS PlayFi support. I thought we were supposed to get notifications when they have updates!?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
DustoMan is offline  
post #69 of 957 Old 09-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Newbie
 
Weezer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got the TX-NR575 due to my 10 year old sony crapping out. So far, I like the receiver, but one thing that annoys me, is that the highest output through component video is 480i. Why would they take away the ability to output 1080p? My cable box does not have an HDMI out, so I have to use component. The amount of HDMI ports in the back is nice. Still need to work with getting all my items hooked into it, and making sure they work properly.
Weezer17 is offline  
post #70 of 957 Old 09-26-2017, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
umenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 349
I have a 646 and considering upgrading to the 676. I really like the sound of the 646 ... just concerned that the 676 might not sound as good (based on someone's post above) The reason I am upgrading is for Dolby Vision support.

I also have a question about the built-in Chromecast support. Does it support casting 4K Dolby Vision content?
umenon is offline  
post #71 of 957 Old 09-27-2017, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
umenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
I have a 646 and considering upgrading to the 676. I really like the sound of the 646 ... just concerned that the 676 might not sound as good (based on someone's post above) The reason I am upgrading is for Dolby Vision support.

I also have a question about the built-in Chromecast support. Does it support casting 4K Dolby Vision content?
Bump
umenon is offline  
post #72 of 957 Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdh86 View Post
Anyone with this unit own a Roku Ultra? When set it to 4k HDR on the Roku the signal drops like crazy and flashes HDCP warnings. But when I hook it up directly to the tv (same cable, and same input) it works flawlessly. Also, if I have the receiver turned off but allow pass-through it works fine as well. Any ideas?
Yes. I have the exact same issue. I actually "upgraded" from a Denon AVR-S910W because Roku support said it wasn't totally compatible with HDR content. I replaced all my HDMI cables with Certified premium ones from Monoprice, had Roku replace my Ultra with a new one, and got the NR575. The EXACT same issue occurs. My temporary fix is to go into "display" in the Roku settings and select "4K" instead of "4K with HDR". Haven't had a problem since. (Of course, that's not a legit fix!)
slowcorrado is offline  
post #73 of 957 Old 09-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Now, on to my question for other NR575 and 676 owners:


Does your AccuEQ work well? My setup seems to give strange results. Average room, Definitive Tech ProCinema 600s from LCR and sub, Monoprice 4" carbon in-walls for surrounds. (waiting for the 4" rounds for the Atmos in ceiling) When running AccuEQ, it detects the crossover frequency for all speakers at 120hz (I think I agree).


Distance is so strange though!
Left 9.1ft (Perfect)
Center .1ft (WHAT??!)
Right 9.3ft (Perfect)
Lsurround 7ft (1 foot too far)
Rsurround 5.1ft (2 ft too short?)


Levels are almost all flat too. (sub is +8?)


This leaves the system sounding much like a 3.1 system as the surrounds are nearly inaudible. Dialog also seems to be lost without really cranking it. All suggestions or experiences are appreciated!
slowcorrado is offline  
post #74 of 957 Old 09-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Member
 
rdh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcorrado View Post
Yes. I have the exact same issue. I actually "upgraded" from a Denon AVR-S910W because Roku support said it wasn't totally compatible with HDR content. I replaced all my HDMI cables with Certified premium ones from Monoprice, had Roku replace my Ultra with a new one, and got the NR575. The EXACT same issue occurs. My temporary fix is to go into "display" in the Roku settings and select "4K" instead of "4K with HDR". Haven't had a problem since. (Of course, that's not a legit fix!)
Thanks for chiming in. I place most of the blame on the Roku as the Nvidia Shield & AppleTV 4k work without issue. I ended up going straight into the tv (Vizio P65-C1) with the ROKU and ARC'ing audio back to the 676.


Though prior to plugging straight into the tv I used the same 'fix' as you, leaving HDR off.

Edit: And funny you mention the S910W, I actually upgraded from a S710W.
rdh86 is offline  
post #75 of 957 Old 09-28-2017, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 27,323
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2025 Post(s)
Liked: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
I have a 646 and considering upgrading to the 676. I really like the sound of the 646 ... just concerned that the 676 might not sound as good (based on someone's post above) The reason I am upgrading is for Dolby Vision support.

I also have a question about the built-in Chromecast support. Does it support casting 4K Dolby Vision content?
Pretty sure the built in Chromecast is Chromecast Audio only. Just like the builit in Airplay is only for audio, not video too.

From the Crutchfield website for the NR676

Quote:
Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps (firmware update required, available now)
built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible phone, tablet, or computer
Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or computer running iTunes®

Afro GT
afrogt is online now  
post #76 of 957 Old 10-04-2017, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
umenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Thanks.

Considering that the 676 is one of the very few players that support Dolby Vision ... there is relatively little activity in this thread. Does it actually support DV as of today? I have an Apple TV 4K and anxious to get a receiver that offers support right now (as opposed to a future firmware update).
umenon is offline  
post #77 of 957 Old 10-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Member
 
F00Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am considering a 676 as an upgrade from tx-sr607 since I am upgrading my TV as well. This one seems to be a great value for the money. I plan on using it with PS4 Pro, Xbox One X (when released) and PC. Mix of gaming and streaming content.

I was hoping you guys could answer a few questions for me before I pull the trigger on this receiver:

- I currently have Klipsch HD Theater 300 speakers (8 Ohms impedance). From what I could tell in the specs the impedance should be fine. But I wanted to confirm.
- I only use left / right / center and sub. Is the 3 speaker + sub setup supported?
- I have some older HDMI cables for all my sources. Should I buy some new ones from Monoprice to make sure all features are supported?


thanks in advance!
F00Bar is offline  
post #78 of 957 Old 10-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Easy questions to answer! :-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by F00Bar View Post
- I currently have Klipsch HD Theater 300 speakers (8 Ohms impedance). From what I could tell in the specs the impedance should be fine. But I wanted to confirm.
- I only use left / right / center and sub. Is the 3 speaker + sub setup supported?
- I have some older HDMI cables for all my sources. Should I buy some new ones from Monoprice to make sure all features are supported:?

1) Yes, no problem
2) Yes, I personally tested this with my NR575
3) Yes, I would suggest their slim "premium" certified high-speed cables. They support the full 18Gbits, are nice and flexible, and are cheap.


Go for it, you won't be disappointed (except maybe with the AccuEQ).
slowcorrado is offline  
post #79 of 957 Old 10-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Member
 
F00Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcorrado View Post
Easy questions to answer! :-)





1) Yes, no problem
2) Yes, I personally tested this with my NR575
3) Yes, I would suggest their slim "premium" certified high-speed cables. They support the full 18Gbits, are nice and flexible, and are cheap.


Go for it, you won't be disappointed (except maybe with the AccuEQ).
Thank you! Pulled the trigger on 676. $440 shipped with Amazon prime seemed like a decent deal. Will use CC price protection in case it drops further during BF.
F00Bar is offline  
post #80 of 957 Old 10-22-2017, 02:25 AM
Member
 
F00Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by F00Bar View Post
Thank you! Pulled the trigger on 676. $440 shipped with Amazon prime seemed like a decent deal. Will use CC price protection in case it drops further during BF.
Scratch that. Got it for $550 with $300 gift card from New Egg. Pretty decent deal since I buy stuff from Newegg all the time. Onkyo authorized seller too.
ldeveraux likes this.
F00Bar is offline  
post #81 of 957 Old 10-22-2017, 02:29 AM
Member
 
F00Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcorrado View Post
Easy questions to answer! :-)





1) Yes, no problem
2) Yes, I personally tested this with my NR575
3) Yes, I would suggest their slim "premium" certified high-speed cables. They support the full 18Gbits, are nice and flexible, and are cheap.


Go for it, you won't be disappointed (except maybe with the AccuEQ).
Received my receiver and plugged in PS4 Pro, Xbox One (soon Xbox One X), HTPC and Steam Link into it. Pretty awesome so far. But, for some reason, I am not able to set speaker impedance to 8 Ohms.. the only choices in the menu are 4 or 6. Please halp.
F00Bar is offline  
post #82 of 957 Old 10-25-2017, 04:52 AM
Member
 
ldeveraux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by F00Bar View Post
Received my receiver and plugged in PS4 Pro, Xbox One (soon Xbox One X), HTPC and Steam Link into it. Pretty awesome so far. But, for some reason, I am not able to set speaker impedance to 8 Ohms.. the only choices in the menu are 4 or 6. Please halp.
I got the same deal at Newegg, and also have 8ohm speakers. Maybe there's a firmware update, will check this evening, but why would we not be able to hit up 8ohm??
ldeveraux is offline  
post #83 of 957 Old 10-28-2017, 02:46 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No picture

I’ve just bought a Onkyo tx-nr676e amp and connected it to my LG 4K oled 55” tv but the picture is flashing and then goes black. I have sound but the sub makes a humming sound too. I’ve attached my virgin v6 box and Xbox through the amp.
When I inplug amp and put 4K cable from v6 box to tv works fine

Please someone help as tried all solutions
Vezza1982 is offline  
post #84 of 957 Old 10-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New Firmware (10-30-17) Version 1050-5010-2030-0008

Has anybody tried the new firmware that was released today (10-30-17).

The release notes say:

"1. Adds support for new multi-room audio playback function
"FlareConnect".
*All audio devices in group and "Onkyo Controller" App is required to
update to the latest version.
• Setup Guide: [link]
Introduction of multi-room audio
functions: [link]
2. Adds support for low-latency mode of Dolby Vision signal.
3. Minor bug fixes and improvements stability."

Do the bug fixes address any of the Chromecast connection problems?
Hedford is offline  
post #85 of 957 Old 10-31-2017, 12:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Nevermind -- looks like the updated firmware has been pulled.

New firmware posted today (10-31-17). From both the revised release notes (8/31/17 version) and date stamps of firmware files in zip file (8/25/17), it would appear that the firmware was rolled back and reverted to earlier version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedford View Post
Has anybody tried the new firmware that was released today (10-30-17).

The release notes say:

"1. Adds support for new multi-room audio playback function
"FlareConnect".
*All audio devices in group and "Onkyo Controller" App is required to
update to the latest version.
• Setup Guide: [link]
Introduction of multi-room audio
functions: [link]
2. Adds support for low-latency mode of Dolby Vision signal.
3. Minor bug fixes and improvements stability."

Do the bug fixes address any of the Chromecast connection problems?
Hedford is offline  
post #86 of 957 Old 11-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Member
 
rdh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedford View Post
New firmware posted today (10-31-17). From both the revised release notes (8/31/17 version) and date stamps of firmware files in zip file (8/25/17), it would appear that the firmware was rolled back and reverted to earlier version.
Thanks for sharing, will keep an eye out for an update.

Is this thread so quiet because no one has issues or was it really that unpopular of an avr?

Vizio P65-E1 | Denon X4400H | Nvidia Shield TV 2017 | Roku Ultra | AppleTV 4K | Chromecast Ultra| Sony UBP-X800 | Samsung BD-6500| PS4 Pro | Switch | Wii-U | SNES Classic | NES Classic| 1080ti Powered Gaming PC | 1060 Powered HTPC
rdh86 is offline  
post #87 of 957 Old 11-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Member
 
jasonnovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
On the international page they have a note about there being server issues on the new update:
http://www.intl.onkyo.com/support/fi...tx-nr676e.html

I was tempted to force it, but not sure the method now that there's no USB button, will just wait.
jasonnovak is offline  
post #88 of 957 Old 11-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Firmware Update is Available Again -- USB only

Onkyo has the update available for download from their website again. This time, USB install only (not via download directly from the receiver).

Recommend that you power off the receiver and disconnect any ethernet cable you may have connected before installing the USB update from a thumb drive. Power up and use the on-screen menus to update from the USB drive. After the update is complete, reconnect any ethernet cable you may be using.

I installed it. Working very well so far.

The Google Home / Chromecast Built-in integration is working now on the first try (before it would take about 3 tries before the connection was made).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonnovak View Post
On the international page they have a note about there being server issues on the new update:
[
I was tempted to force it, but not sure the method now that there's no USB button, will just wait.
Hedford is offline  
post #89 of 957 Old 11-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
aprest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdh86 View Post
Anyone with this unit own a Roku Ultra? When set it to 4k HDR on the Roku the signal drops like crazy and flashes HDCP warnings. But when I hook it up directly to the tv (same cable, and same input) it works flawlessly. Also, if I have the receiver turned off but allow pass-through it works fine as well. Any ideas?
RDH86 - Did you ever find a solution? I have had the same problem and the only way to solve it was to turn off HDR on the Roku Ultra or go from the Ultra to the Samsung and come back with audio using ARC which is a PITA. I finally gave up and bought a Denon 4300H.

aprest
aprest is offline  
post #90 of 957 Old 11-07-2017, 03:57 AM
Member
 
rdh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprest View Post
RDH86 - Did you ever find a solution? I have had the same problem and the only way to solve it was to turn off HDR on the Roku Ultra or go from the Ultra to the Samsung and come back with audio using ARC which is a PITA. I finally gave up and bought a Denon 4300H.

aprest
I just ended up going straight into the TV and using ARC, which as you said can be a pita.

Vizio P65-E1 | Denon X4400H | Nvidia Shield TV 2017 | Roku Ultra | AppleTV 4K | Chromecast Ultra| Sony UBP-X800 | Samsung BD-6500| PS4 Pro | Switch | Wii-U | SNES Classic | NES Classic| 1080ti Powered Gaming PC | 1060 Powered HTPC
rdh86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
7.1 , 7.1 setup , dolby atmos , Onkyo , receiver

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off