The Official Onkyo 2017 TX-NR575 and TX-NR676 Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 500Likes

post #901 of 1034 Old 03-29-2019, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You are amazing! That totally fixed it. I did not see this mentioned in the manual anywhere
Saved me a RMA process with Onkyo, whew

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameunknown View Post
I had the same issue when I setup my 686 with my Apple TV 4k. Setting the ATV to Dolby Vision resulted in a pink tint. What ultimately corrected the issue (for me) was making sure the 686, ATV and Display were using the same settings (i.e. dolby vision).

Are you using a Chromecast Ultra?

There is a known handshake issue with some devices where the device will be talking 4:2:2 and the receiver is expecting 4:4:4. You can toggle this per HDMI input on the receiver by holding down the Tone button and pressing Return on the face of the unit. The on screen display (OSD) will come up and you can toggle Mode 1 or Mode 2. (Hat tip to another user in this thread for noting this a few posts back) I don't know for certain that this is your issue, but it's worth checking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1034 Old 03-29-2019, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Looking back, hidden mode menu was noted in another thread (Onkyo TX-NR585 & TX-NR686 7.2 AVRs Unveiled) by user @Thormus . He called Onkyo. It's not in any manual that I'm aware of.

At any rate, glad it worked!
post #903 of 1034 Old 04-01-2019, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonson View Post
Hello all,

I bought an NR676 in January of this year from Best Buy. This is my first receiver/home theater ever, but I feel like I'm having issues due to the receiver malfunctioning.

First off, I hooked it up to my Samsung smart TV initially about a month and a half ago with CEC/ARC/Anynet+. It synced up fine, pressing volume/power button on the TV remote would also change it on the receiver. Earlier this week, I came home and turned on the TV as usual but noticed the receiver would not turn on. I turned it on manually but noticed that I wasn't getting any sound from the speakers. I tried resetting the TV. I unplugged the receiver for a while and also tried going thru the initial set up again, but it also says it doesn't see a connection for ARC available device.

I've read that this is a common issue with the HDMI on these receivers. I wasn't expecting it 2-3 months after buying it though.

So then, I connected the optical audio connector. And it works fine when it works. However, my issue now is I have problems when switching between sources, but this is something that has been intermittent from the beginning. I will be watching TV without issues, switch to NET and Spotify/Google connect for music, and then switch back to TV and then no sound at all. It's almost like the output is stuck in this weird mode, because I try to get back to NET, and now the music doesn't output anything either.

It used to be that I could wait a few minutes, and it seemed like it would switch over usually. Now, I have to turn the receiver off and wait 5+ minutes for it to transmit sound again from any source. Has anyone had issues with this? Now that I'm not even using CEC and only using optical, I don't know what would cause the delay/latching of the sound.

I'm about to go nuts trying to fix this. I can't even return it anymore. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 260zer View Post
I am having the same problem with my 676 bought from best buy black Friday sale.
When viewing blu ray or listening to radio all is fine until I switch inputs then I lose audio and cannot get it back unless I turn off for several minutes

Like you I can hear a relay click but the sound does not come back on.

Have you talked to onkyo or sent it back for repair?
also going nuts trying to figure this out
Same exact issue here. I tought i was going crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 1034 Old 04-19-2019, 04:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvil View Post
Same exact issue here. I tought i was going crazy.
Do you have a Samsung TV? It is known that their CEC feature (Anynet+) has lots of issues, specially with ARC. The solution I found works is the order in which you turn on your equipment:

- 1st your AV Receiver
- 2nd any other equipement (console, cable box, BR player)
- Last the TV

That should solve almost all issues. Cheeers!
post #905 of 1034 Old 04-19-2019, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi,

I bought this receiver a couple of months ago, no complains so far until today...

I've updated to the latest firmware version. The update went smoothly. Given that I moved the furniture around the living room I've decided to do the initial setup again with the mic. All good.

The problem is that I have a Chromecast group with the Onkyo Receiver and two Google Home Minis. Until this morning everything was working fine when streaming music but after the update the music is out of sync, it comes earlier from the Receiver. I've found that you can manually adjust the delay on the google home but it's not working. Also, I don't think I should be touching that, is the first time that I have this kind of issues.

Current Firmware version is 1111-3020-3060-0010 which matches with the German latest version so I'm using the most updated one. I wish I never updated...

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
post #906 of 1034 Old 04-20-2019, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Onkyo 676 AV Receiver- no sound on ‘net’ source

Hi,
As per the title really. I have an Onkyo 676 receiver which is working just fine across most sources, but is no longer giving me any sound through any file or service played through the ‘net’ input.

I have tried my NAS through ‘music server’ , tunein radio, my Hi Res audio files through the connected usb drive, I’ve tried Tidal. In all cases the display on the amp shows whatever track or station I selected as it would when playing, except no sound comes out the speakers.

When I select back to any other source, be it hdmi or phono from the turntable or the external DAC plugged in a standard phono input, everything works as it should, with really good sound. Atmos is also working fine when watching appropriate movies. It makes the usual ‘switch clicking’ sound the Onkyos do, from time to time, but the sound is working as you would expect except on the ‘net’ source.

I used to use the usb function to access my hi-res files on the media hard drive regularly, so I know this input used to work fine.

I really would appreciate any advice anyone might have as to what I could try. Firmware has been updated and that did not fix the problem either.

Could there be some setting I have inadvertently changed that would cause the ‘net’ input to produce no sound like I have described, or am I looking at a fault? I do have the 6 year extended warranty cover, but would like to avoid having to go through all the disconnecting hassles to return yet another av receiver for repair under warranty if at all possible. My previous Pioneer amp was deemed unrepairable, and I put the credit towards the 676, which I’ve not had all that long really.

Thanks
Duncan
post #907 of 1034 Old 04-21-2019, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New firmware notes have this: “Add setting to switch "Standard" and "Enhanced" according to HDMI 4K signal format.” Anyone know what this setting does?
post #908 of 1034 Old 04-22-2019, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Been having an issues with my 676 that I've been meaning to address.
When I turn on my TV, using my cable remote, it turns on my TV and AVR. If I was watching cable TV, the AVR would be already set to Cable, but after ~5 second, would turn to TV. I believe that this is due to the ARC function, but wanted to see if there was a way to prevent that.

The other issue that I have is if I want to watch a streaming service, streamed from my TV, selecting TV, sometimes won't route the audio from the TV to the AVR, via ARC. Sometimes I can go through my TV settings and view my speaker list, and select TV, then switch it back to AVR. Sometimes doing so will get it to release and send audio to my receiver. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to turn off both TV and receiver.

Any ideas?

TV Samsung UN48JU640D
post #909 of 1034 Old 04-22-2019, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Recently I don't have picture in my TV for my ONKYO and I don't understand why .

It's connected to the HDMI1 to TV .I change the other inputs with no result...

Any ideas?
post #910 of 1034 Old 04-22-2019, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeAudioNoob View Post
Been having an issues with my 676 that I've been meaning to address.
When I turn on my TV, using my cable remote, it turns on my TV and AVR. If I was watching cable TV, the AVR would be already set to Cable, but after ~5 second, would turn to TV. I believe that this is due to the ARC function, but wanted to see if there was a way to prevent that.

The other issue that I have is if I want to watch a streaming service, streamed from my TV, selecting TV, sometimes won't route the audio from the TV to the AVR, via ARC. Sometimes I can go through my TV settings and view my speaker list, and select TV, then switch it back to AVR. Sometimes doing so will get it to release and send audio to my receiver. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to turn off both TV and receiver.

Any ideas?

TV Samsung UN48JU640D
I think this might be the common arc-cec issue? Search this forum for that term you might find the solution.
post #911 of 1034 Old 04-22-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Asimakopoulos View Post
Recently I don't have picture in my TV for my ONKYO and I don't understand why .

It's connected to the HDMI1 to TV .I change the other inputs with no result...

Any ideas?
try a new cable.
post #912 of 1034 Old 04-23-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
try a new cable.
It's not the cable since I tried from another source to check
post #913 of 1034 Old 04-23-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Asimakopoulos View Post
It's not the cable since I tried from another source to check
I saw this in the xbox and sony tv forum. We often overlook something simple that is causing the handshake issues; wrong cable, settings are wrong in the tv or cable box, blu-ray player, etc. or source is playing something the tv or avr can't handle (4k, uhd, DV).

So Try all of these and see what works?

1. verify 18gbps hdmi cables - no guessing or taking someone elses word for it
2. plug hdmi from cable box directly into tv input 1 (did that fix the issue?)
3. turn off anynet, arc-cec, dolby vision or UHD in the tv
4. your cable box might not be hdcp 2.2 compliant
5. set tv, blu-ray player, etc to detect in "auto" mode
5. power down everything, unplug the power cords for cable box, tv and receiver, then plug them back in one at a time. turn on the receiver, wait 10 seconds, turn on the tv wait 10 seconds and then the cable box. If that doesn't work then try a different order, the cable box, then receiver then tv.

Good luck!
protapehkg likes this.
post #914 of 1034 Old 04-23-2019, 08:53 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameunknown View Post
I had the same issue when I setup my 686 with my Apple TV 4k. Setting the ATV to Dolby Vision resulted in a pink tint. What ultimately corrected the issue (for me) was making sure the 686, ATV and Display were using the same settings (i.e. dolby vision).

Are you using a Chromecast Ultra?

There is a known handshake issue with some devices where the device will be talking 4:2:2 and the receiver is expecting 4:4:4. You can toggle this per HDMI input on the receiver by holding down the Tone button and pressing Return on the face of the unit. The on screen display (OSD) will come up and you can toggle Mode 1 or Mode 2. (Hat tip to another user in this thread for noting this a few posts back) I don't know for certain that this is your issue, but it's worth checking.

thx soooo much! this helped me! why is stuff like this not in the manual?

I was getting a pink tint from my pioneer BDP-440 Bluray player when it was set to YCbCr 36 bit deep color on my Samsung Q7FN
usernameunknown likes this.
post #915 of 1034 Old 04-24-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
I saw this in the xbox and sony tv forum. We often overlook something simple that is causing the handshake issues; wrong cable, settings are wrong in the tv or cable box, blu-ray player, etc. or source is playing something the tv or avr can't handle (4k, uhd, DV).

So Try all of these and see what works?

1. verify 18gbps hdmi cables - no guessing or taking someone elses word for it
2. plug hdmi from cable box directly into tv input 1 (did that fix the issue?)
3. turn off anynet, arc-cec, dolby vision or UHD in the tv
4. your cable box might not be hdcp 2.2 compliant
5. set tv, blu-ray player, etc to detect in "auto" mode
5. power down everything, unplug the power cords for cable box, tv and receiver, then plug them back in one at a time. turn on the receiver, wait 10 seconds, turn on the tv wait 10 seconds and then the cable box. If that doesn't work then try a different order, the cable box, then receiver then tv.

Good luck!
I ll try case by case and I ll give a feedback .Interesting issues to check !!
post #916 of 1034 Old 04-26-2019, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 17
OK.. so there is a new Firmware update 04/28 for enhanced 4K setting. I did the network update and the firmware version is not the same as the one in the 4/28 update? .. and when I select firmware update.. it says "you already have the latest firmware' and wont let me select update via Net or USB ? The new feature does not work the way they say but I did notice a new option under HDMI that may be related? Anyone else upgrade to newest firmware?
post #917 of 1034 Old 04-26-2019, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasato View Post
New firmware notes have this: “Add setting to switch "Standard" and "Enhanced" according to HDMI 4K signal format.” Anyone know what this setting does?
https://www.onkyo.com/manual/sup/upd/hdmi_4k_onk.pdf

This PDF explains how to switch them. I hope it defaults to Enhanced and you can fall back to Standard. I will check later tonight if I remember.

Would enhanced be the right setting for a Vizio P55 2017 model? I have Apple TV 4k, Nvidia Shield, 4k DV blu-ray, xbox one x, ps4 pro, Fire Stick 4k all hooked up. My PC is actually direct connected to the TV.

Last edited by vwbeetlvr; 04-26-2019 at 01:17 PM.
post #918 of 1034 Old 04-26-2019, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbeetlvr View Post
https://www.onkyo.com/manual/sup/upd/hdmi_4k_onk.pdf

This PDF explains how to switch them. I hope it defaults to Enhanced and you can fall back to Standard. I will check later tonight if I remember.

Would enhanced be the right setting for a Vizio P55 2017 model? I have Apple TV 4k, Nvidia Shield, 4k DV blu-ray, xbox one x, ps4 pro, Fire Stick 4k all hooked up. My PC is actually direct connected to the TV.
I am assuming that this process has to be repeated for every input?
Also, what is the advantage of this new functionality? What task is it accomplishing that was not performed before? It seems that the 676 detected 'Standard' and 'Enhanced' 4K fine before this. What am I missing?
post #919 of 1034 Old 04-27-2019, 04:08 PM

Liked: 10
Airplay/Airplay2/Homekit issue?

I have both a 676 and a 686. I have done the latest firmware update for both as of today 4/27/19. I have added both units to my network for Airplay usage, but I can only get the 686 recognized by Apple Homekit. The significance is I would like to stream music to both units at the same time, but I can only do one or the other bc the 676 is not recognized by Apple Homekit (Its Airplay and not Airplay2). Anyone have a solution?
post #920 of 1034 Old 04-29-2019, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I’ve been looking online but can’t seem to find any good information on what the different EDID modes mean on the 676. Every once in a while if I come straight out of 4K content on my ATV4K to the home screen, everything had a pink tint to it. I’ve heard it may have to do with EDID mode and I pressed tone and return on the receiver, but I have no clue what the EDID modes do. There are 4 of them for each input.

I’m guessing the issue is just when I come straight out of 4K to the home screen. If I back out of 4K content to the app playing it and then go to home screen, I never get the pink tone. However, curiosity is killing the cat when it comes to what the EDID modes do.

Samsung UN55KS8000 | Onkyo TX-NR676 | Polk S15(FR) S35(C) T15(SS) HTS-10(SW) / Bose 161(FH)
Sony BDP-S6700 | Apple TV 4K | Nintendo Switch | SNES Classic
post #921 of 1034 Old 05-04-2019, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I recently upgraded my TV to the Samsung Q90. Just a quick question as this is my first 4K TV. Do all of you route all video through the AVR or TV? Only reason I ask is that if I route all through the AVR then I only have one set of picture settings for all inputs. I have a mix of SDR and HDR content so I was just curious how everyone handles this? On my old 1080 TV, it didn't matter since all of it was SDR.
post #922 of 1034 Old 05-04-2019, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasato View Post
Well, this upgrade bricked my two years old 676. Audio still works, it responds to the remote, but zero video output. Factory reset does not help. Just great.

Onkyo TX-NR676E | 5.1 speakers : Technology Master Audio Compact 10 & 20 + Klipsch RSW 12 sub | Philips 42PFL5038/H12 | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | HTPC based on AMD A10-6700 APU and Win 8.1 x64 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV 4K | Sonos: 2 x CONNECT:AMP + CONNECT | QNAP TS-451 + TS-131P
post #923 of 1034 Old 05-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
I recently upgraded my TV to the Samsung Q90. Just a quick question as this is my first 4K TV. Do all of you route all video through the AVR or TV? Only reason I ask is that if I route all through the AVR then I only have one set of picture settings for all inputs. I have a mix of SDR and HDR content so I was just curious how everyone handles this? On my old 1080 TV, it didn't matter since all of it was SDR.
I route everything through the AVR. When my Tv detects HDR content it automatically changes the backlight, color and gamma settings/curve.

--------------------
Vizio P65-F1
Onkyo TX-NR676
Sony UBP-X700
-------------------
post #924 of 1034 Old 05-04-2019, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loekf View Post
Well, this upgrade bricked my two years old 676. Audio still works, it responds to the remote, but zero video output. Factory reset does not help. Just great.

Sorry for your loss. Looks like I won’t be updating mine then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #925 of 1034 Old 05-05-2019, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Exclamation ONKYO TX-NR575 not working with old sub?

First off, I'm new to this. Last time I set up a home theater with surrounds and a receiver was about 20 years ago and it was Dolby 5.1

I just picked up an ONKYO TX-NR575 and am having issues getting my old Cambridge Soundworks sub to kick in. Not sure what I am missing. Wondering if someone could give me a few things to check. I did know enough to check if the sub was enabled in the receiver menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190505_115421.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2562696   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190505_115404.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	2562702  

Last edited by rufunky; 05-05-2019 at 12:17 PM.
post #926 of 1034 Old 05-05-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 732
1st thing to check is the sub itself..
Take 1 of the RCA cables going into the subwoofer and touch its tip U should hear a hum...
If YES, then the next thing is to make sure U have a good cable between the AVR & subwoofer. Recheck the SPEAKER SETTINGS within the AVR's OSD, selecting SMALL will force the AVR's Subwoofer Out ON.

Just my $0.02...
post #927 of 1034 Old 05-05-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code View Post
1st thing to check is the sub itself..
Take 1 of the RCA cables going into the subwoofer and touch its tip U should hear a hum...
If YES, then the next thing is to make sure U have a good cable between the AVR & subwoofer. Recheck the SPEAKER SETTINGS within the AVR's OSD, selecting SMALL will force the AVR's Subwoofer Out ON.

Just my $0.02...
Thanks, I took each one of the RCA cables out separately and touched them and they did hum.

I then changed the cable going from the AVR to the RCA cables and nothing has changed.

I then went into my crossover settings and played with the settings in there. I basically lowered and higher the numbers to the corresponding speakers that I currently have hooked up and nothing changed as that seems to be the only speaker size adjustment I could see. I'm stumped..

Last edited by rufunky; 05-05-2019 at 02:49 PM.
post #928 of 1034 Old 05-05-2019, 02:56 PM

Subwoofer is OK, and most likely the AVR is OK very rarely does a Subwoofer Out go bad.
Next thing is to RESET the receiver..
This will cancel out any presets and return the AVR back to factory defaults, frequently its firmware gets corrupted..

Just my $0.02...
post #929 of 1034 Old 05-05-2019, 03:03 PM

Here are the RESET instructions for the 575.....
1. While pressing the CBL/SAT input selector button on the main unit, press ON/STANDBY.
2. "Clear" appears on the display and the unit returns to standby. Do not unplug the power cord until "Clear" disappears from the display.

Just my $0.02...
post #930 of 1034 Old 05-05-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code View Post
Here are the RESET instructions for the 575.....
1. While pressing the CBL/SAT input selector button on the main unit, press ON/STANDBY.
2. "Clear" appears on the display and the unit returns to standby. Do not unplug the power cord until "Clear" disappears from the display.

Just my $0.02...
Thanks again. I just reset to defaults, set everything back up and still the sub isn't kicking in. I even tried turning the bass settings on the AVR to 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
7.1 , 7.1 setup , dolby atmos , Onkyo , receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page