The Official Onkyo 2017 TX-NR575 and TX-NR676 Thread - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 508Likes

post #1141 of 1184 Old 02-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Hey, which channel on the receiver is the one used to return sound with ARC? I’m trying to use a fire stick 4k and I can see the image but can’t hear anything when the receiver is on. The fire stick is directly connected to my Tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
foghorn2 likes this.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1184 Old 02-01-2020, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Hey, which channel on the receiver is the one used to return sound with ARC? I’m trying to use a fire stick 4k and I can see the image but can’t hear anything when the receiver is on. The fire stick is directly connected to my Tv.

The "TV" source, push TV on the remote, thats how I had it working before I decided to hook it to the receiver instead.
Artman22 likes this.
post #1143 of 1184 Old 02-02-2020, 03:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Is there a reason you have the fire stick plugged into the tv instead of the receiver? By plugging it into the tv, the TV has to receive, process, and then send the audio down to the receiver. If it's plugged directly into the receiver, the audio is already connected to the device that will use it and the receiver will pass thru the video, whatever port the fire TV is connected to would be the input for video.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1184 Old 02-14-2020, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've ran into a weird issue with my Onkyo TX-NR676 that has me about to pull my hair out. I'm trying to run a 100ft fiber optic HDMI cable from my PC across the house to the receiver. This works great when plugged into the front AUX HDMI port, but I can not get it to display an image running through any of the back HDMI ports. All the back ports work fine when hooked up to any of my other sources. I've updated the receiver's firmware and tried sending different resolutions and refresh rate with no luck. Anybody have any ideas? I guess tonight I'll try to send a signal though the optical HDMI cord into a back HDMI port with a different source.
post #1145 of 1184 Old 02-17-2020, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all, newbie here. I just moved in with my girlfriend, and we combined our AV stuff - she has the Onkyo tx-nr676, and I have a Vizio P65. I can't seem to get HDR working on it. Using my PS4 Pro I'm getting 3840x2160 60hz in YUV420, but 2160p RGB isn't available. It says HDR isn't available, but I've directly connected the same cable from the ps4 pro to the TV and get it to work no problem. I put my receiver in "enhanced" 4k mode by doing the BD/DVD and standby trick. Is there another setting I am missing? Since plugging into it direct makes HDR work, I think this issue is on the receiver's end.
post #1146 of 1184 Old 02-17-2020, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiferguy View Post
Hi all, newbie here. I just moved in with my girlfriend, and we combined our AV stuff - she has the Onkyo tx-nr676, and I have a Vizio P65. I can't seem to get HDR working on it. Using my PS4 Pro I'm getting 3840x2160 60hz in YUV420, but 2160p RGB isn't available. It says HDR isn't available, but I've directly connected the same cable from the ps4 pro to the TV and get it to work no problem. I put my receiver in "enhanced" 4k mode by doing the BD/DVD and standby trick. Is there another setting I am missing? Since plugging into it direct makes HDR work, I think this issue is on the receiver's end.
Had similar problem so now ps4 is just connected direct to TV instead and Arc sound back to amp.
post #1147 of 1184 Old 02-17-2020, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have no idea why but I switched the HDMI input from HDMI 5 to 4, and suddenly everything seemed to work. Another thing I had to do was hold down stream box then the standby button to turn on deep color as well. I guess my TV is sensitive!
post #1148 of 1184 Old 02-17-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiferguy View Post
I have no idea why but I switched the HDMI input from HDMI 5 to 4, and suddenly everything seemed to work. Another thing I had to do was hold down stream box then the standby button to turn on deep color as well. I guess my TV is sensitive!
I didn't realize there is a hidden deep color setting. I have the tx-nr676 and have never had issues with hdr content, but I'll also check this out and make sure it's on. I know a lot of compatibility issues are 99% because of HDMI cec and it's incompatibility between brands. Unfortunately to use ARC and this receiver you need to have HDMI cec turned on on both devices, so that could very well be just a handshake issue due to HDMI cec.

There are some weird quirks I find from time to time with mine as well, typically if I'm trying to watch something on the built in apps on my TV, the receiver sometimes gets confused and switches it off of the TV input and back to whatever it was before. Just pressing the TV input on the Onkyo remote doesn't bring back sound though, I actually have to go and exit and reopen an app on the TV to get it to send the handshake signal again, then it switches input properly and everything is fine. Since that's really my only issue with it (although I did have about 3 months of it going into amp diag mode due to a "short", thanks cheap monoprice banana plugs) I have just hooked up a fire TV to the 676 and use all my apps thru that.

post #1149 of 1184 Old 02-19-2020, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMayo01 View Post
I didn't realize there is a hidden deep color setting. I have the tx-nr676 and have never had issues with hdr content, but I'll also check this out and make sure it's on. I know a lot of compatibility issues are 99% because of HDMI cec and it's incompatibility between brands. Unfortunately to use ARC and this receiver you need to have HDMI cec turned on on both devices, so that could very well be just a handshake issue due to HDMI cec.

There are some weird quirks I find from time to time with mine as well, typically if I'm trying to watch something on the built in apps on my TV, the receiver sometimes gets confused and switches it off of the TV input and back to whatever it was before. Just pressing the TV input on the Onkyo remote doesn't bring back sound though, I actually have to go and exit and reopen an app on the TV to get it to send the handshake signal again, then it switches input properly and everything is fine. Since that's really my only issue with it (although I did have about 3 months of it going into amp diag mode due to a "short", thanks cheap monoprice banana plugs) I have just hooked up a fire TV to the 676 and use all my apps thru that.

Ever since I recently bought my OLED C9 I’ve been having issues with this Onkyo receiver. I use a harmony remote to get all my stuff working and it’s a headache. Sometimes I have to manually get up and keep on pressing on the input until it actually switches. So I’m literally pressing the input it’s supposed to switch to like 10-20 times then it switches. Never had this issue with my Previous Samsung tv. It’s extremely annoying.

post #1150 of 1184 Old 02-19-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Ever since I recently bought my OLED C9 I’ve been having issues with this Onkyo receiver. I use a harmony remote to get all my stuff working and it’s a headache. Sometimes I have to manually get up and keep on pressing on the input until it actually switches. So I’m literally pressing the input it’s supposed to switch to like 10-20 times then it switches. Never had this issue with my Previous Samsung tv. It’s extremely annoying.

Strange as my TV connected to my 676 is an LG oled b8 and everything works flawlessly. My devices are a Nintendo switch, PS4, fire stick 4k.

I have HDMI cec enabled on everything, so when I want the PS4 I press the button on the controller to turn it on and the TV and receiver turn on and go to the right input. When I press home on fire stick remote it goes to that input and same with the switch. Also use the built in app for Xfinity stream app, which when I press home and open the app (connected via Arc) the receiver switches to TV.

I have a harmony but find it easier to use individual remotes if I need to make tweaks to tv or receiver settings or use the fire stick.

post #1151 of 1184 Old 02-19-2020, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Strange as my TV connected to my 676 is an LG oled b8 and everything works flawlessly. My devices are a Nintendo switch, PS4, fire stick 4k.

I have HDMI cec enabled on everything, so when I want the PS4 I press the button on the controller to turn it on and the TV and receiver turn on and go to the right input. When I press home on fire stick remote it goes to that input and same with the switch. Also use the built in app for Xfinity stream app, which when I press home and open the app (connected via Arc) the receiver switches to TV.

I have a harmony but find it easier to use individual remotes if I need to make tweaks to tv or receiver settings or use the fire stick.

I may need to enable CEC on both the tv and receiver to see if this fixes the issue. As far as the other stuff you said I prefer using one remote to control everything. It’s just weird that this is happening since it never happened with my previous tv. I will try this when I get home and report back.

post #1152 of 1184 Old 03-22-2020, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've had this receiver for a couple of years and it has worked flawlessly until recently when I upgraded my projector to the Epson 6050UB (EH-TW9400 here in Europe). Now I can't have the Epson connected to the receiver if I want to watch on the TV screen. I get frequent HDMI dropouts, every 30 s or more, where the receiver seems to lose the HDMI signal completely, the audio info on the receivers display goes away and it clicks like it does when switching inputs. As soon as I unplug the HDMI going to the Epson it works again and is rock steady. If I turn the Epson on it also works. With my previous projector, also an Epson, I had no such problems. I first thought it was the long HDMI going to the projector that was the problem and bought a Ruipro optical HDMI to replace it with, but to no avail. Anyone else had similar problems and found a solution to them?
post #1153 of 1184 Old 03-22-2020, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

The Harmony can access every setting your individual remotes can. You may need to add certain ones manually

Mike
Houston Comcast
post #1154 of 1184 Old 03-22-2020, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogge View Post
I've had this receiver for a couple of years and it has worked flawlessly until recently when I upgraded my projector to the Epson 6050UB (EH-TW9400 here in Europe). Now I can't have the Epson connected to the receiver if I want to watch on the TV screen. I get frequent HDMI dropouts, every 30 s or more, where the receiver seems to lose the HDMI signal completely, the audio info on the receivers display goes away and it clicks like it does when switching inputs. As soon as I unplug the HDMI going to the Epson it works again and is rock steady. If I turn the Epson on it also works. With my previous projector, also an Epson, I had no such problems. I first thought it was the long HDMI going to the projector that was the problem and bought a Ruipro optical HDMI to replace it with, but to no avail. Anyone else had similar problems and found a solution to them?

I had same problem when I upgraded my Apple TV to 4k. It did everything including changed hdmi cable without any luck. Finally I figured out that this receiver is not supporting hdr gamma 2.2 setting. I changed hdr gamma 2.2 (something similar.. not remember exact term) to 2.0, then everything back to normal.

post #1155 of 1184 Old 03-30-2020, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No audio when streaming DD+ (eac3) from PLEX to Onkyo TX-NR676E

Hey guys, hope all are ok...
My setup is as follows:
1. Using Plex server to stream 4k HEVC with eac3 audio movie
2. Streaming to Plex player app on LG SJ800Y TV
3. LG Sound settings: HDMI-ARC set to Auto, DTV set to Auto
4. HDMI connected to Onkyo TX-NR676E receiver (supports Dolby Digital+/eac3)
5. No sound on the receiver.
6. When I switch to internal tv speaker the sound is fine, switching back to HDMI-ARC output no sound on the speakers...
Anyone knows how to solve this? TV and Receiver both have updated firmware.
post #1156 of 1184 Old 03-30-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liocubs View Post

My setup is as follows:

6. When I switch to internal tv speaker the sound is fine, switching back to HDMI-ARC output no sound on the speakers...

In order for HDMI arc to work it needs to be enabled on both the TV and the receiver and HDMI cec (called simplink) and then on the receiver you'll need to be on the TV input, so press TV on the receiver remote at the top.

post #1157 of 1184 Old 03-30-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liocubs View Post
My setup is as follows:
Checked the file with MediaInfo - the audio format is EAC3-JOC
post #1158 of 1184 Old 03-31-2020, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I discovered that Spotify is not working any more ...How can I stream now from my mobile or tablet to the receiver ?
post #1159 of 1184 Old 03-31-2020, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Weird new problem. Until last night I routinely used Bluetooth to push music from my iPhone to my TX-NR575 receiver without a single hiccup.

Last night I was listening to music as I went to sleep and decided to set a timer on my iPhone to turn the music off. "Siri, set timer for 90 minutes". Music stopped while Siri did her thing...once completed however I couldn't (and still can't) get the music to play again. The iPhone must think it's connected because the song continues to advance, and the TX-NR575 displays my phone as the connected device. No sound at all. Fooled around with a bunch of settings but nothing worked. During the process I discovered that the TX-NR575 has Airplay (must have been added with the last firmware update I did). But nothing played via Airplay connection either.

I then used Airplay to my LG TV which worked fine. I then turned the TX-NR575 to "TV" mode to capture the sound from the TV via the ARC connection. Worked fine. Set the TX-NR575 and iPhone back to bluetooth and...still nothing.

This AM I tried my iPad Pro (via both Bluetooth and Airplay). It too would connect and appear to be playing, but again no sound from the TX-NR575.

Any ideas?

Roscoe
post #1160 of 1184 Old 04-05-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Weird new problem. Until last night I routinely used Bluetooth to push music from my iPhone to my TX-NR575 receiver without a single hiccup.

Last night I was listening to music as I went to sleep and decided to set a timer on my iPhone to turn the music off. "Siri, set timer for 90 minutes". Music stopped while Siri did her thing...once completed however I couldn't (and still can't) get the music to play again. The iPhone must think it's connected because the song continues to advance, and the TX-NR575 displays my phone as the connected device. No sound at all. Fooled around with a bunch of settings but nothing worked. During the process I discovered that the TX-NR575 has Airplay (must have been added with the last firmware update I did). But nothing played via Airplay connection either.

I then used Airplay to my LG TV which worked fine. I then turned the TX-NR575 to "TV" mode to capture the sound from the TV via the ARC connection. Worked fine. Set the TX-NR575 and iPhone back to bluetooth and...still nothing.

This AM I tried my iPad Pro (via both Bluetooth and Airplay). It too would connect and appear to be playing, but again no sound from the TX-NR575.

Any ideas?

Did you try a hard reset? I find that from time to time I need to do this when the unit starts to act up.
How to reset

1.While holding down CBL/SAT on the main unit (note that step 2 must be performed with this button pressed down)

2.Press 9805.pngON/STANDBY on the main unit. "Clear" is appeared on the display and the unit will enter standby mode.

Hopefully this helps!
post #1161 of 1184 Old 04-05-2020, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Does a hard reset undo all my settings?

edit: It was even simpler...I just pulled the power for a few seconds. Working like a champ now.

Roscoe

Last edited by Roscoe; 04-05-2020 at 11:48 AM.
post #1162 of 1184 Old 04-06-2020, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamroe View Post
Did you try a hard reset? I find that from time to time I need to do this when the unit starts to act up.
How to reset

1.While holding down CBL/SAT on the main unit (note that step 2 must be performed with this button pressed down)

2.Press 9805.pngON/STANDBY on the main unit. "Clear" is appeared on the display and the unit will enter standby mode.

Hopefully this helps!

I feel like I might have to do this to my receiver. Everyday I turn on the cable box and then the Apple TV turns on by itself then it switches back and forth. Or sometimes it doesn’t follow the harmony remote commands properly.

post #1163 of 1184 Old 04-07-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Does a hard reset undo all my settings?

edit: It was even simpler...I just pulled the power for a few seconds. Working like a champ now.
HA - this is a much simpler approach - thanks for this!
post #1164 of 1184 Old 04-11-2020, 09:20 AM

UPDATE
got the update to work after unplugging the power and turning off wifi.
than it picked up the USB.

I'm trying to update my 575 from USB to the 02/06/2020 FW but the AVR isn't picking up any of my usbs what could it be?

this is the files i'm moving to the root of the usb

Last edited by Redx508; 04-13-2020 at 06:29 PM.
post #1165 of 1184 Old 05-01-2020, 09:48 AM

Was having issues getting Atmos from my new LG C9 from the ARC UHDBD player but seems like it's actually passing through the True HD Atmos after I did a hard reset? Its working with everything set to pass through and it says Atmos when toggling on the receiver.

Is there a light indicator on the 575 that is different from the orange dolby logo that shows it's doing it constantly? I didn't think it would be working that way as before I had the UHDBD player into the receiver but needed it to go directly to the TV to get remote control as the players remote is long gone. If it really isnt true HD Atmos then I guess I can get a used remote online and set it back up the old way but it seems the 575 is taking the eARC signal from the C9 correctly.

Spoiler!
post #1166 of 1184 Old 06-01-2020, 04:15 AM

Strange..

I connect my NR575 from the arc to my tv Panasonic OLD HDMI2 (arc) .
On the setting I enable the arc on the receiver , the cec , etc

No sound is coming ... is it the cable or something I'm doing wrong ?
post #1167 of 1184 Old 06-01-2020, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Asimakopoulos View Post
Strange..

I connect my NR575 from the arc to my tv Panasonic OLD HDMI2 (arc) .

On the setting I enable the arc on the receiver , the cec , etc

No sound is coming ... is it the cable or something I'm doing wrong ?
Did you set the TV to output audio or passthru audio using arc as well? Some TV's you actually have to turn off the internal speaker and enable outputting the sound

post #1168 of 1184 Old 06-01-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Did you set the TV to output audio or passthru audio using arc as well? Some TV's you actually have to turn off the internal speaker and enable outputting the sound

I switch off the speaker nothing again ...All the other are working . Arc is on both to AVR and Tv.

And now I don't have picture on the TV to set up the receiver

Last edited by Dimitris Asimakopoulos; 06-03-2020 at 08:49 AM.
post #1169 of 1184 Old 06-04-2020, 02:11 AM

I kindly need from someone the settings on his Onkyo who is connected to his tv please with the arc connection
post #1170 of 1184 Old 06-18-2020, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redx508 View Post
UPDATE
got the update to work after unplugging the power and turning off wifi.
than it picked up the USB.

I'm trying to update my 575 from USB to the 02/06/2020 FW but the AVR isn't picking up any of my usbs what could it be?

this is the files i'm moving to the root of the usb
My only guess is maybe the folder needs to be on the USB? The other possibility is that you don't have the USB formatted to the proper filesystem. They state FAT, not sure if that includes FAT32. FAT32 is what the format tool defaults to in Windows 10.

I'm trying an update now with the firmware in the root directory and the folder with the firmware files on the USB Drive as well. I'm using a FAT32 USB, so I'll update this and let you know how it goes. Thankfully I have a UPS so I don't have to hold my breath for 30 minutes while I pray there is no power outage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
7.1 , 7.1 setup , dolby atmos , Onkyo , receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page