Yamaha RX-A3070 / A2070 / A1070 Aventage Owners' Thread - Page 160 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16269Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4771 of 4882 Old 05-06-2019, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChromeJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 4,658
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Tip: unless you want your email address harvested by spam spiders, send it via PM.

Addendum: or disguise it e.g "my-email-address" at sign "something" dot com.
rlb, Deckard71 and teppikazu like this.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 05-06-2019 at 06:59 PM.
ChromeJob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4772 of 4882 Old 05-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Newbie
 
teppikazu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Tip: unless you want your email address harvested by spam spiders, send it via PM.
Thanks for the tip. I tried PM but couldn't make it work since I'm a newbie with less than 15 posts (minimum requirement to PM someone in this forum).
teppikazu is offline  
post #4773 of 4882 Old 05-07-2019, 01:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Can someone tell me where each speaker wire is suppose to connect on the back of the avr?

I’m running a 5.1.4

I need to know where my front and back atmos would connect to and everything else so I don’t miss anything.

Thanks in advance.
Ray559527 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4774 of 4882 Old 05-07-2019, 01:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good advice Chromejob
forper is offline  
post #4775 of 4882 Old 05-07-2019, 02:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Yamaha RX-A3070 / A2070 / A1070 Aventage Owners' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray559527 View Post
Can someone tell me where each speaker wire is suppose to connect on the back of the avr?



I’m running a 5.1.4



I need to know where my front and back atmos would connect to and everything else so I don’t miss anything.



Thanks in advance.


Don’t mean to be obtuse but the manual (available for download) does an excellent job of explaining this. Yamaha have also created apps for iOS (probably android as well) which talk you through how to connect everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrew Stirling is offline  
post #4776 of 4882 Old 05-08-2019, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChromeJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 4,658
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Yamaha RX-A3070 / A2070 / A1070 Aventage Owners' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stirling View Post
Don’t mean to be obtuse but the manual (available for download) does an excellent job of explaining this. Yamaha have also created apps for iOS (probably android as well) which talk you through how to connect everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray559527 View Post
Can someone tell me where each speaker wire is suppose to connect on the back of the avr?
I’m running a 5.1.4
I need to know where my front and back atmos would connect to and everything else so I don’t miss anything.
Yamaha also offers the AV Setup app for iOS and Android, that will walk you through the speaker connections and setup. But you should be reading the manual.

FYI @ashiq73 , street price discussions are limited to the “Deals” sticky thread IAW forum policy.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
ChromeJob is offline  
post #4777 of 4882 Old 05-09-2019, 02:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Yamaha also offers the AV Setup app for iOS and Android, that will walk you through the speaker connections and setup. But you should be reading the manual.

FYI @ashiq73 , street price discussions are limited to the “Deals” sticky thread IAW forum policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stirling View Post
Don’t mean to be obtuse but the manual (available for download) does an excellent job of explaining this. Yamaha have also created apps for iOS (probably android as well) which talk you through how to connect everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just took a look at the manual and it’s a little confusing. I just need to know where my atmos speakers would connect to. I have 4 ceiling speakers. Behind the receiver there is surround back bi amp as well as surround, then there is zone 2 f. Presence. I assume the atmos speakers goes in those plug ins. Can anyone let me know where my front atmos speakers would connect to as well as my back atmos? I don’t want to make any mistakes.
Ray559527 is offline  
post #4778 of 4882 Old 05-09-2019, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,045
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3067 Post(s)
Liked: 7400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray559527 View Post
I just took a look at the manual and it’s a little confusing. I just need to know where my atmos speakers would connect to. I have 4 ceiling speakers. Behind the receiver there is surround back bi amp as well as surround, then there is zone 2 f. Presence. I assume the atmos speakers goes in those plug ins. Can anyone let me know where my front atmos speakers would connect to as well as my back atmos? I don’t want to make any mistakes.
Follow the 5.2.4 instructions here for Front Presence + Rear Presence:






F.Presence (Ext.Sp1) > ATMOS Front
R.Presence (Ext.Sp2) > ATMOS Rear

in the setup menu you have to assign the presence speakers as Height, Overhead, or Dolby Enabled*
*(reflective speakers that sit on your front and surround speakers and bounce the signal off the ceiling) (You will want to select the overhead option)


Ignore the labels along the bottom for zone 2/zone 3/bi-amp) using those options in the setup menu removes the rear presence speakers. (5.1.2 + 1 zone etc)
(Users with multi-zones have to give up one (or both) presence speakers unless they are using external amps to power them)

There are no Surround Back speakers in a 5.1.4 setup, (those would be for a 7.1.2 or 7.1 layout)
The RX-A3070 can use the surround backs, with 4 overheads (7.1.4) using the Pre-Out jacks to an additional external amp.

The main difference between 5.1.4 and 7.1.4 is the Surround Back speakers are added.



The side surrounds move forward slightly...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-1-4.png
Views:	175
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	2564516   Click image for larger version

Name:	7-1-4.png
Views:	172
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	2564518   Click image for larger version

Name:	rx-a3070.png
Views:	174
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	2564566   Click image for larger version

Name:	3070 Back_Panel.png
Views:	168
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	2564586   Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers.png
Views:	169
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	2564596  

ChromeJob, Red Five and Ray559527 like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 05-10-2019 at 06:30 AM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #4779 of 4882 Old 05-09-2019, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Haha. You’re very helpful. I was determined not to look up the manual on his behalf!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChromeJob likes this.
Andrew Stirling is offline  
post #4780 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 03:58 AM
r4w
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi!

Apologies if this has been posted earlier, I did a search in the forum but I couldn't find anything relevant.

I have a bit of issue with a QE65Q6FAM and my Yamaha receiver.

My configuration is very simple: TV HDMI (ARC) -> Yamaha RX-A3070 HDMI (ARC)

- Working scenario:

1) TV Menu -> Audio -> Expert settings -> Bitstream as Dolby Digital while I'm in Netflix
2) I Play ANY content, I get Dolby digital (DD) on the receiver's display, audio plays as normal
3) I Pause the content, I get Decoder off and it stays like that until I resume the content.
4) I Resume the content, I get Dolby digital (DD) on the receiver's display, audio plays as normal

My understanding of Decoder off is that there is No signal over the HDMI to decode.

- Non Working scenario:

1) TV Menu -> Audio -> Expert settings -> Bitstream as Dolby Digital plus while I'm in Netflix (please note that Yamaha said that the encoding is supported)
2) I play ANY content, I get Dolby digital plus (DD+) on the receiver's display, audio plays as normal
3)I Pause the content, I get Decoder off AND Dolby digital plus (DD+) all the times and it does like that until I resume the content. Video of the issue:

4) I Resume the content, I get Dolby digital (DD+) on the receiver's display, audio SOMETIMES plays as normal, SOMETIMES I can hear noise in the surround speakers

I'm trying to get Samsung to fix this, but it would be very useful to hear from you if you're experiencing the same issue and if you're using a different receiver, as they are blaming Yamaha at the moment of the issue.

Thank you in advance!
r4w is offline  
post #4781 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChromeJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 4,658
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4w View Post
Hi!

Spoiler!


Thank you in advance!
This is normal, when you pause the AVR will not receive the digital flags for the type of audio stream.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
ChromeJob is offline  
post #4782 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 04:47 AM
r4w
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
This is normal, when you pause the AVR will not receive the digital flags for the type of audio stream.
Shouldn't the AVR remain in Decoder off until I resume as shouldn't be any stream coming on its way? As noted in my post, the Dolby Digital (not plus) doesn't show the same problem.
If it was purely a "cosmetic" issue, in the sense of it wasn't causing the background noise on my speakers, I would just give up.
r4w is offline  
post #4783 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bwillcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,247
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4w View Post
Shouldn't the AVR remain in Decoder off until I resume as shouldn't be any stream coming on its way? As noted in my post, the Dolby Digital (not plus) doesn't show the same problem.
If it was purely a "cosmetic" issue, in the sense of it wasn't causing the background noise on my speakers, I would just give up.
Well, I may not be much help as I no longer use my 3070 and I've never used ARC (too unreliable in my setups), but my 3070 never did what you describe when playing Netflix DD+ audio from my Roku Ultra through the 3070. Perhaps it's some issue between your TV and the 3070 regarding ARC?

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
bwillcox is offline  
post #4784 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,045
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3067 Post(s)
Liked: 7400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stirling View Post
Haha. You’re very helpful. I was determined not to look up the manual on his behalf!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ray559527 made an attempt to read the manual and was still clearly confused,
So the typical RTFM response is not going to be enough in this case, and requesting help from the forum was justified.
....after all, that is one of the primary purposes of having dedicated threads on a public forum, no?

I can see, after looking through a n00b's eyes, that there actually is conflicting information on the rear panel...

The speaker designation label above the speaker jacks conflicts with the labels below them... (two possible F.Presence speaker locations)



If my Dad was looking at that, scratching his head trying to figure out what to do,
I'd be inclined to help him decipher the information from the manual so he could move forward.

The speaker connections, setup, layout configurations and different modes are scattered through out the manual
and it can be intimidating to new users, and even more so to those jumping into ATMOS/Surround for the first time.

Boxozaxu and Ray559527 like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 05-10-2019 at 06:23 AM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #4785 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bwillcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,247
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Ray559527 made an attempt to read the manual and was still clearly confused,
So the typical RTFM response is not going to be enough in this case, and requesting help from the forum was justified.
....after all, that is one of the primary purposes of having dedicated threads on a public forum, no?

I can see, after looking through a n00b's eyes, that there actually is conflicting information on the rear panel...

The speaker designation label above the speaker jacks conflicts with the labels below them... (two possible F.Presence speaker locations)



If my Dad was looking at that, scratching his head trying to figure out what to do,
I'd be inclined to help him decipher the information from the manual so he could move forward.

The speaker connections, setup, layout configurations and different modes are scattered through out the manual
and it can be intimidating to new users, and even more so to those jumping into ATMOS/Surround for the first time.

I have to agree that it is likely confusing, especially for folks new to Yamaha receivers. I suspect that at least some of the confusion comes from Yamaha's use of the term 'presence speakers' for someone expecting to see them called ATMOS speakers. For someone like me, having been in the Yamaha world for about 30 years now, it seems quite obvious that the presence channels are used for the ATMOS speakers.
PioManiac likes this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
bwillcox is offline  
post #4786 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,045
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3067 Post(s)
Liked: 7400
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
I have to agree that it is likely confusing, especially for folks new to Yamaha receivers. I suspect that at least some of the confusion comes from Yamaha's use of the term 'presence speakers' for someone expecting to see them called ATMOS speakers. For someone like me, having been in the Yamaha world for about 30 years now, it seems quite obvious that the presence channels are used for the ATMOS speakers.
Yes, the term "presence" has been a staple in the Yamaha line for quite a while now, DSP development started in 1985.
way before any other brand ...and long before ATMOS was even a pipe dream.

My first Yamaha was in 79', a 2 Ch stereo receiver that got me started down the HT path and I've stayed loyal to the brand ever since, never had anything but Yamaha for 4 decades.
...never had a failure or warranty claim. They just get passed down to family/friends or repurposed to a different room when I needed the latest video/audio codec , HDMI version upgrade, or just more channels.
bwillcox likes this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 05-10-2019 at 08:14 AM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #4787 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bwillcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,247
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Same here, my kids and ex wife have been the primary benefactors of my handme downs.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
bwillcox is offline  
post #4788 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 08:33 AM
r4w
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
Well, I may not be much help as I no longer use my 3070 and I've never used ARC (too unreliable in my setups), but my 3070 never did what you describe when playing Netflix DD+ audio from my Roku Ultra through the 3070. Perhaps it's some issue between your TV and the 3070 regarding ARC?
That's why I'm trying to push Samsung to something, but I'm not entirely sure if it's just this TV doing this or it's a general ARC problem. I don't have issues in playing Netflix from my old bluray player (so, no ARC involved even if I still use it as the HDMI port to send the video back to the TV).
I'm just trying to avoid to have to buy an external player just to watch Netflix without the need to power cycle the receiver every time I need to pause a video!
r4w is offline  
post #4789 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,045
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3067 Post(s)
Liked: 7400
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4w View Post
That's why I'm trying to push Samsung to something, but I'm not entirely sure if it's just this TV doing this or it's a general ARC problem. I don't have issues in playing Netflix from my old bluray player (so, no ARC involved even if I still use it as the HDMI port to send the video back to the TV).
I'm just trying to avoid to have to buy an external player just to watch Netflix without the need to power cycle the receiver every time I need to pause a video!
I've never liked ARC or HDMI Control/CEC ...way too buggy with too many of my devices,
So I use a Digi-Optical cable from the TV (LG OLED) for 5.1 audio out when using smart TV built in apps.
(I had to map the audio configuration in the Yamaha, then select Audio-2 manually on the remote)

If I want to play a Netflix title that I know has ATMOS audio, I run that through my XBO X instead of the TV APP.
(My OLED is a 2016 model and doesn't support ATMOS over ARC)

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #4790 of 4882 Old 05-10-2019, 09:15 AM
r4w
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
I've never liked ARC or HDMI Control/CEC ...way too buggy with too many of my devices,
So I use a Digi-Optical cable from the TV (LG OLED) for 5.1 audio out when using smart TV built in apps.
(I had to map the audio configuration in the Yamaha, then select Audio-2 manually on the remote)

If I want to play a Netflix title that I know has ATMOS audio, I run that through my XBO X instead of the TV APP.
(My OLED is a 2016 model and doesn't support ATMOS over ARC)
Thanks for the feedback, I like CEC only because you can use one single remote for everything, otherwise I can't agree more.
I have also to say that my old TV didn't even support ARC or 4K Maybe I have to go back to those days!
I can use an optical cable too, but I only get plain Dolby digital (not plus). This is not because of the TV but it seems to be working as designed: https://www.lifewire.com/digital-opt...ection-1846881
DD+ goes only over HDMI, unfortunately.
I don't like the idea of TV re-encoding the audio where there is no need to.
r4w is offline  
post #4791 of 4882 Old 05-12-2019, 04:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Follow the 5.2.4 instructions here for Front Presence + Rear Presence:






F.Presence (Ext.Sp1) > ATMOS Front
R.Presence (Ext.Sp2) > ATMOS Rear

in the setup menu you have to assign the presence speakers as Height, Overhead, or Dolby Enabled*
*(reflective speakers that sit on your front and surround speakers and bounce the signal off the ceiling) (You will want to select the overhead option)


Ignore the labels along the bottom for zone 2/zone 3/bi-amp) using those options in the setup menu removes the rear presence speakers. (5.1.2 + 1 zone etc)
(Users with multi-zones have to give up one (or both) presence speakers unless they are using external amps to power them)

There are no Surround Back speakers in a 5.1.4 setup, (those would be for a 7.1.2 or 7.1 layout)
The RX-A3070 can use the surround backs, with 4 overheads (7.1.4) using the Pre-Out jacks to an additional external amp.

The main difference between 5.1.4 and 7.1.4 is the Surround Back speakers are added.



The side surrounds move forward slightly...


Wow, I couldn’t have asked for a better explanation as well as a response. Thank you for your time and effort with the clear instructions. I know that wasn’t a simple few minutes write up. I very much appreciate the help, time, and effort you took to help me out. Thank you so much!
Ray559527 is offline  
post #4792 of 4882 Old 05-21-2019, 07:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
where's the EARC update for the rx370
been waiting for that

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #4793 of 4882 Old 05-21-2019, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,142
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2776 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Just installed firmware 2.70 on my 2070 via WiFi. Haven't seen the description on Yamaha US website yet...

Samsung 55" MU8000
Yamaha RX-A2070
KEF Q150 Bookshelf x 5
Rythmik L12 Sealed Subwoofer
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #4794 of 4882 Old 05-21-2019, 04:02 PM
Member
 
0hwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just updated my 1070 to firmware version 2.70 over the network to.
0hwell is offline  
post #4795 of 4882 Old 05-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Got the update on my rx3070
But it doesn't say what it does lol

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #4796 of 4882 Old 05-22-2019, 05:39 AM
Member
 
sgzarate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone know what's in the 2.70 update yet? The Yamaha site still hasn't been updated.

Sony XBR-65A1E OLED | Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray Player | Playstation 4 Pro | Google Chromecast Ultra | Yamaha RX-A3070 AV Receiver | GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array XL | GoldenEar Invisa 525 Surround Speakers | Dual SVS PC-4000 Subwoofers
sgzarate is offline  
post #4797 of 4882 Old 05-22-2019, 06:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
It's likely for eARC and Actions on Google,
...that were announced April 15/2019.



https://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/2..._products.html

yeah but support told me it was delayed
i'm going to ask them what's in it

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #4798 of 4882 Old 05-22-2019, 08:13 AM
Member
 
0hwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4klover View Post
yeah but support told me it was delayed
i'm going to ask them what's in it
The x80 series got its update to and a user on that thread said e-arc works now. I didn't get a notice the update was available I just set my receiver to update over the network and than pushed info to start the update. I would think if there was a problem with the update it wouldn't be available on the server. It could be that they don't want every receiver out there trying to update all at once so they aren't sending out the notifications yet. I reset my receiver than did a recovery of my settings and everything is working as before. I don't think the reset was needed but it's just something I do after every firmware update.
0hwell is offline  
post #4799 of 4882 Old 05-22-2019, 10:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0hwell View Post
The x80 series got its update to and a user on that thread said e-arc works now. I didn't get a notice the update was available I just set my receiver to update over the network and than pushed info to start the update. I would think if there was a problem with the update it wouldn't be available on the server. It could be that they don't want every receiver out there trying to update all at once so they aren't sending out the notifications yet. I reset my receiver than did a recovery of my settings and everything is working as before. I don't think the reset was needed but it's just something I do after every firmware update.
i got told that the RX3070
may not get the update
unless support is dumb lol

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
post #4800 of 4882 Old 05-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 18
tech called me back and confirmed firmware 2.70 includes eARC
sgzarate likes this.

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
4klover is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
7.1 , atc smc11 , extend , firmware update , lg c8 , sony ubp-x800 , Yamaha , yamaha 3070 , yamaha a-s1100 , yamaha rx-a2070 , yamaha rx-a3070

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off