How to keep Marantz SR7011 cool with this setup - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #31 of 35 Old 08-23-2017, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Thank You, I will do that! Unfortunately I can't use the T8 because there is a metal support bar supporting the front of the shelf that runs the whole length, but is only an inch wide right above the front of the sr7011 that makes that part under 1.5" the rest of the sr7011 has 3" clearance above it and I can't push the sr7011 back any further. I did purchase 2 AC Infinity fans and try to blow the air out to the sides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8020_1503495452480.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	2271782   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8016_1503495518991.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	2271784   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8018_1503495553285.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	2271786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8019_1503495579667.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	2271788  

Last edited by MATT J; 08-23-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by micko_escalade View Post
Hi,

I finally settled for Marantz SR7011 and now I have different dilemma. I know that it does not have necessary clearance but I was hoping to get some suggestions and ideas that will help me keep it inside this electric fireplace.
The fireplace even in the winter it does not get used, its mostly for the looks
I have computer right next to it that has plenty of USBs and power outlets are also available. I could place maybe two of these on the top https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-M...ds=ac+infinity

Its hard to see on the last picture where it shows back of the receiver that there's space to put anything but I could even fit this model https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._al_bw_c_x_1_w on top of it but it would leave about 1" of space to the top once its on the top the receiver. It would definitely create movement of the air.

Here are the pictures:
You already know the answer to your question, man ... There's a really cheap way to fix this (new entertainment center) or a very expensive way to fix this (new speakers, etc...)... and also an extremely complicated way to fix it (water cooling)...

I had the exact same problem... SR-7011... Temps well over 110... Put AIRCOM T9 on it and dropped to low 80s very quickly (and has stayed there).
post #33 of 35 Old 10-24-2017, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSecGuy View Post
You already know the answer to your question, man ... There's a really cheap way to fix this (new entertainment center) or a very expensive way to fix this (new speakers, etc...)... and also an extremely complicated way to fix it (water cooling)...

I had the exact same problem... SR-7011... Temps well over 110... Put AIRCOM T9 on it and dropped to low 80s very quickly (and has stayed there).
I went ahead with AIRCOM T8 and do not regret a bit, great device and keeps SR7011 really cool.

TV - Samsung LED 55" TV Service - Comcast (X1)
Receiver - Marantz SR7011

Speakers - Front L/R - Definitive Technology BP9040 Center - Definitive Technology CS9040
Surround - L/R - Pioneer S-H253B-K (Will be replaced, slow build out)

Cabinet cooling - AC Infinity AIRCOM T8 (Rear exhaust)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 Old 12-30-2017, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My Marantz SR7011 is in an open-front, open-back compartment of a wooden cabinet, with 3" clearance on each side on each side, 5" clearance behind (to wall of the room), but only 2.5" clearance to a wood shelf above.

Seems quite hot in the space above, although I haven't measured the temp yet.

Which of the following options should be best?
  1. Remove the shelf above (and the DVD player on it), leaving then a 5.75" clearance above the Marantz.
  2. Leave the shelf and DVD player above, but add a rear-venting AC Infinity AIRCOM T8 on top of the Marantz.
  3. Remove the shelf above (and the DVD player on it), leaving then a 5.75" clearance above the Marantz, and add a rear-venting AC Infinity AIRCOM T8 on top of the Marantz.
  4. Remove the shelf above (and the DVD player on it), leaving then a 5.75" clearance above the Marantz, and add a top-venting AC Infinity AIRCOM T9 on top of the Marantz.

With the full 5.75" clearance above and the cabinet's open front and back, should any fan actually be needed?? The photo below shows the Marantz in the open-front, open-back cabinet with that 5.75" clearance above it.

Note that the SR7011 is not driving a huge array of speakers. In my modest size rooms, I'm driving in the main zone a 2.1 system consisting of a pair of NHT bookshelf speakers & NHT subwoofer; in zone 2, a pair of floor-standing Boston Acoustics A100 speakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marantz SR7011 in open cabinet.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	2337444  
post #35 of 35 Old 03-23-2019, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
With the minimal space available, using the linked Aircom S7 fan would provide insufficient space for the warm air to exhaust above the unit. Instead upgrade to the Aircom T8 which exhausts the air to the rear of the unit and also provides the temp as well, although this too may not work unless you can remove the bar that extends down from the back top of the shelf (looks like screws hold it on so it may be able to be removed thus providing more space at the top).
If your fireplace is real with a flue out the roof, I would not put your receiver in the fireplace at all because of moisture and freezing temperatures in the winter months??? And for sure, pull the plug on the fireplace and pop the breaker off and tag it off so that no body can accidentally start it up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page