*Official* Marantz 2017 NR1508/1608, SR5012/6012/7012 owner's thread - Page 177 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4142Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5281 of 5341 Old 06-24-2020, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,630
Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24666 Post(s)
Liked: 13880
AVR switches to Apple TV when first powered on: If setting HDMI-CEC on the TV and AVR both to OFF is not practical or it simply does not resolve the issue, consider adding the following adapter between the Apple TV and the AVR ---> https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Ad.../dp/B00DL48KVI
jdsmoothie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5282 of 5341 Old 06-24-2020, 05:45 AM
Member
 
kaledii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Great! Then it should work for you.

Agreed, it should work, but it doesn't for some reason. I'll keep trying. I also have another Marantz AVR in another room and have managed to have some success there, but these older models are very limiting in the TV grouping. Sounds like the 2020 models will be an improvement, and if they do indeed replicate what can be done with the HEOS bar, then it works very well. I'm wondering if there is a fault with the HEOS module in the NR1608 AVR I have as it will randomly (not very often) force an HEOS firware update that is out of sync with the other HEOS devices I have, which usually update at the same time.
kaledii is online now  
post #5283 of 5341 Old 06-24-2020, 06:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I just bought a used Marantz SR7012. It has 4500 hours of use (is that a lot)? And has been turned on around 250 times.

Also, is there any known networking issues with these? I only saw one or two members post an issue that I am having. I would like to see if it is common.

My network will not work on this machine at all. The WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, HEOS will not work. I did a factory reset multiple times. I am unable to do a networking reset as everytime I turn to HEOS, the screen just keeps saying "Please Wait, Connecting" and will not connect and will not allow me to do the network reset.

I did buy this from an authorized dealer for a good price, it will come with the Marantz 3 year warranty. The dealer will provide me a paid label to ship this to Marantz to hopefully get fixed. If I ship it to the service center, will this permanently be fixed or will the issue come back as it's a common problem with these?

I am debating sending it back for a refund or getting the dealer to send me a paid label to ship it to Marantz for repair.
FIUFSU1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5284 of 5341 Old 06-24-2020, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,630
Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24666 Post(s)
Liked: 13880
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIUFSU1 View Post
I just bought a used Marantz SR7012. It has 4500 hours of use (is that a lot)? And has been turned on around 250 times.

Also, is there any known networking issues with these? I only saw one or two members post an issue that I am having. I would like to see if it is common.

My network will not work on this machine at all. The WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, HEOS will not work. I did a factory reset multiple times. I am unable to do a networking reset as everytime I turn to HEOS, the screen just keeps saying "Please Wait, Connecting" and will not connect and will not allow me to do the network reset.

I did buy this from an authorized dealer for a good price, it will come with the Marantz 3 year warranty. The dealer will provide me a paid label to ship this to Marantz to hopefully get fixed. If I ship it to the service center, will this permanently be fixed or will the issue come back as it's a common problem with these?

I am debating sending it back for a refund or getting the dealer to send me a paid label to ship it to Marantz for repair.
If you can't get the Network to operate, you have no choice but to either return it or have it repaired.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #5285 of 5341 Old 06-25-2020, 06:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Could anyone confirm that the nr1508 passes through HDMI 3D from a blu ray player? Thanks.
Mark Fryer is offline  
post #5286 of 5341 Old 06-25-2020, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,630
Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24666 Post(s)
Liked: 13880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Fryer View Post
Could anyone confirm that the nr1508 passes through HDMI 3D from a blu ray player? Thanks.
I cannot confirm using a NR1508; however, Denon/Marantz AVRs have supported 3D pass through since about 2010. Not to mention it's mentioned in the NR1508 Owner's manual as well.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #5287 of 5341 Old 06-26-2020, 07:40 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yesterday I updated my SR5012 to the latest firmware and also updated the HEOS app on my Android smartphone.
Now the sound is different.It lacks mids and lows, it's kinda empty and I think it lacks power too.I always hear music from tidal on Pure Direct mode.
I did a soft restart but the sound remains without depth.

Furthermore the volume slider on the HEOS app very often becomes unresponsive.

I am very very sad atm, what is going on?
zerocool7545 is offline  
post #5288 of 5341 Old 06-26-2020, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 2,704
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1614 Post(s)
Liked: 1082
What did the newest firmware update do? I updated my 7012 last night, but I haven't noticed any differences.

Click THEATER (Updated: Nov-12-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 6-22-20)
MagnumX is offline  
post #5289 of 5341 Old 06-26-2020, 02:51 PM
Newbie
 
Eggman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
What did the newest firmware update do? I updated my 7012 last night, but I haven't noticed any differences.

Probably security & bug fixes..im holding off until i see if any issues come to light..
Eggman72 is offline  
post #5290 of 5341 Old 06-27-2020, 05:25 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I read something about an upcoming update disabling some Dolby related functionality. I fear this update might be it ~~but cannot find back the article that I read about it.~~

Found it: audioholics.com / audio-technologies / dolby-music

Quote:
The DSU was suited for music and cinema and worked best for 2CH music when a feature called "center spread" was enabled. "Center spread" allowed the listener to preserve stereo imaging from the front channels for 2CH sources. Without it being engaged, too much common sound from the FL/FR speakers is sent to the center channel making the end result too narrowly focused sounding and artificial to most listeners.

...the "Center Spread feature has been eliminated by Dolby in ALL licensed products from 2020 and beyond"...
...
through a recent firmware update and he noticed the "center spread" feature was eliminated.
...

Why Dolby Why?
nurrudSR7012 is offline  
post #5291 of 5341 Old 06-27-2020, 09:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurrudSR7012 View Post
I read something about an upcoming update disabling some Dolby related functionality. I fear this update might be it ~~but cannot find back the article that I read about it.~~

Found it: audioholics.com / audio-technologies / dolby-music
Noticed that as well. I went hunting for it, and it's gone.
Mike Waechter is offline  
post #5292 of 5341 Old 06-27-2020, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 2,704
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1614 Post(s)
Liked: 1082
Center Spread is still present on my Marantz 7012 after the update. It's just as pointless as ever on my system, however as it sounds exactly the same from MLP with or without it (since I have 3 identical mains exactly lined up). D&M said they are only removing it from models that are getting the Dolby height virtualization mode (somehow there isn't enough space or whatever to have both was the impression I got, but who knows).

Click THEATER (Updated: Nov-12-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 6-22-20)
MagnumX is offline  
post #5293 of 5341 Old 06-30-2020, 02:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have the SR5012, 2 front floorstanding speakers and 1 center bookself speaker.Basically it's a 3.0 system.
Now on Amp Assign menu should I choose Zone2, Bi-amp or Front B to get the best result based on my speakers configuration?
zerocool7545 is offline  
post #5294 of 5341 Old 06-30-2020, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rocky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: miami
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
Center Spread is still present on my Marantz 7012 after the update. It's just as pointless as ever on my system, however as it sounds exactly the same from MLP with or without it (since I have 3 identical mains exactly lined up). D&M said they are only removing it from models that are getting the Dolby height virtualization mode (somehow there isn't enough space or whatever to have both was the impression I got, but who knows).

Dont have it on mine unless not looking right place


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
rocky1 is online now  
post #5295 of 5341 Old 06-30-2020, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,630
Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24666 Post(s)
Liked: 13880
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool7545 View Post
I have the SR5012, 2 front floorstanding speakers and 1 center bookself speaker.Basically it's a 3.0 system.
Now on Amp Assign menu should I choose Zone2, Bi-amp or Front B to get the best result based on my speakers configuration?
It doesn't matter as you're not using any other speaker posts so might as well just leave it at the factory default setting of "Zone 2."
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #5296 of 5341 Old 06-30-2020, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,630
Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24666 Post(s)
Liked: 13880
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1 View Post
Dont have it on mine unless not looking right place


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As noted on p. 180 Owner's Manual, AUDIO - SURROUND PARAMETER - CENTER SPREAD can only be set when the Dolby Surround mode has been selected.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #5297 of 5341 Old 06-30-2020, 10:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIUFSU1 View Post
I just bought a used Marantz SR7012. It has 4500 hours of use (is that a lot)? And has been turned on around 250 times.

Also, is there any known networking issues with these? I only saw one or two members post an issue that I am having. I would like to see if it is common.

My network will not work on this machine at all. The WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, HEOS will not work. I did a factory reset multiple times. I am unable to do a networking reset as everytime I turn to HEOS, the screen just keeps saying "Please Wait, Connecting" and will not connect and will not allow me to do the network reset.

I did buy this from an authorized dealer for a good price, it will come with the Marantz 3 year warranty. The dealer will provide me a paid label to ship this to Marantz to hopefully get fixed. If I ship it to the service center, will this permanently be fixed or will the issue come back as it's a common problem with these?

I am debating sending it back for a refund or getting the dealer to send me a paid label to ship it to Marantz for repair.
If you've tried both Eth and WiFi and your other network devices are working fine - only option is repair.

How did you get the power on time stats?
dush is offline  
post #5298 of 5341 Old 07-05-2020, 10:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Davenlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Little Rock,Ar,US
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 38
NR1508
I have tried everything I can to connect a bluetooth transmitter for my wireless headphones to the NR1508. The preouts dont have enough level to hear on the headset, and it doesnt matter, since it appears there is no way to turn off the speakers without cutting off the preout.

The only way I have found to do it, is to physically get up, and plug the transmitter into the headphone jack which cuts off the speakers fine, but I was hoping to be able to have the speakers play at low volume while still being able to walk around the house with the headphones at the same time. It does not appear to be possible.

When I was using a Tivo bolt, I plugged the transmitter into its audio jack, and it worked great, but the new Xfinity X1 box does not have an audio output jack. The X1's bluetooth transmitter is about 1 second behind the video so its unusable.

I also tried an HDMI audio extractor, which, worked perfectly except it takes the TV about 5 minutes of snow before the picture appears when changing inputs to a 4K source (assuming its HDCP). Also, with this setup, the Roku video cuts in and out in 4K mode.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting audio out of the Marantz without changing anything else??

N5GGG

Last edited by Davenlr; 07-05-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Davenlr is offline  
post #5299 of 5341 Old 07-05-2020, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,085
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1382 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenlr View Post
NR1508
I have tried everything I can to connect a bluetooth transmitter for my wireless headphones to the NR1508. The preouts dont have enough level to hear on the headset, and it doesnt matter, since it appears there is no way to turn off the speakers without cutting off the preout.

The only way I have found to do it, is to physically get up, and plug the transmitter into the headphone jack which cuts off the speakers fine, but I was hoping to be able to have the speakers play at low volume while still being able to walk around the house with the headphones at the same time. It does not appear to be possible.

When I was using a Tivo bolt, I plugged the transmitter into its audio jack, and it worked great, but the new Xfinity X1 box does not have an audio output jack. The X1's bluetooth transmitter is about 1 second behind the video so its unusable.

I also tried an HDMI audio extractor, which, worked perfectly except it takes the TV about 5 minutes of snow before the picture appears when changing inputs to a 4K source (assuming its HDCP). Also, with this setup, the Roku video cuts in and out in 4K mode.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting audio out of the Marantz without changing anything else??

A small stereo amp (1-2 watts) on the preamp outs feeding the transmitter? An inexpensive 'headphone amp' would probably work fine. Amazon has several models under $30, and Monoprice has a 4 output one around $35.

Or, assuming they're available, using the Zone 2 speaker outputs to drive the transmitter (if you do this, put an 8 ohm resistor across the Zone 2 speaker terminals so the Zone 2 amplifiers have a proper load).
DougDingle is online now  
post #5300 of 5341 Old 07-06-2020, 01:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Pride9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I cant seem to find what kind of amplification the SR6012 uses. Is it D, AB, H? The reason I ask is how the connection of the high pass cable with a REL T/Xi series subwoofer made with the Avr is determined by the type of amp. Can anyone with a REL and SR6012 tell me if you left the black cable from the REL high pass cable unconnected, or connected to one of the negative speaker terminals? Thanks!
Pride9 is offline  
post #5301 of 5341 Old 07-06-2020, 01:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Davenlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Little Rock,Ar,US
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Thanks. No Zone 2 on this model. I will try a headphone amplifier on the Front Pre-Outs. Hopefully it will be loud enough to drive the transmitter without blasting out the speakers.

N5GGG
Davenlr is offline  
post #5302 of 5341 Old 07-06-2020, 05:04 AM
Senior Member
 
BlueWRXPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWRXPride View Post
I have a SR6012 and I tried plugging my laptop into the Aux1 HDMI input on the front of the receiver, and couldn't get any audio. The image came through fine, but the computer didn't even recognize that there was any external connection for audio available. I then instead plugged the HDMI into the back and the audio came through just fine. Is something faulty with my receiver? I couldn't find anything in the manual at quick glance about the front HDMI being video only...
For anyone curious, turns out there was a failed circuit board which was covered by warranty. Got it back and everything is now working.

Home Theater: Marantz SR6012, Emotiva A-5175, Fronts: Paradigm Titans, Center: Paradigm CC-370, Sides and Rears: Micca M-6S, Ceiling Atmos: Micca M-6R, Sub: HUS VTF-3.5
BlueWRXPride is offline  
post #5303 of 5341 Old 07-06-2020, 01:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
7012 update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
What did the newest firmware update do? I updated my 7012 last night, but I haven't noticed any differences.
What’s the latest firmware update for the 7012, when I look says there is no new update, the latest shows 5/19

I’m having issue with controlling the receiver with Alexa, started last week... just says receiver not responding. I’ve tried re-enabling the skill and delete the device and re-discovering it but no luck.
lsgarth is offline  
post #5304 of 5341 Old 07-06-2020, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rocky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: miami
Posts: 2,594
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 207
My version 5461-8284-8332-2165... no new updates


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
rocky1 is online now  
post #5305 of 5341 Old 07-06-2020, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 87,630
Mentioned: 854 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24666 Post(s)
Liked: 13880
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgarth View Post
What’s the latest firmware update for the 7012, when I look says there is no new update, the latest shows 5/19

I’m having issue with controlling the receiver with Alexa, started last week... just says receiver not responding. I’ve tried re-enabling the skill and delete the device and re-discovering it but no luck.
Review the Alerts. News. Updates. section on the left side of the below link:

https://marantz.custhelp.com/app/ans...nment-skill%3F
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #5306 of 5341 Old 07-06-2020, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 2,704
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1614 Post(s)
Liked: 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgarth View Post
What’s the latest firmware update for the 7012, when I look says there is no new update, the latest shows 5/19

I’m having issue with controlling the receiver with Alexa, started last week... just says receiver not responding. I’ve tried re-enabling the skill and delete the device and re-discovering it but no luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1 View Post
My version 5461-8284-8332-2165... no new updates
That's the version on my AVR. I didn't see an update offered until 6/25 or thereabouts (set to auto check, but not auto install). I may not have used the home theater for a couple of weeks before that time, though. I don't really recall.

Click THEATER (Updated: Nov-12-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 6-22-20)
MagnumX is offline  
post #5307 of 5341 Old 07-07-2020, 11:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks

[quote=jdsmoothie;59911818]Review the Alerts. News. Updates. section on the left side of the below link:


That seemed to work, just turning it off didn’t work I actually had to remove power from the receiver then restart it and it’s working...

Thanks for the replies
lsgarth is offline  
post #5308 of 5341 Old 07-09-2020, 01:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Davenlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Little Rock,Ar,US
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 38
My NR1508 just downloaded 4200-8235-0032-2065
Now to find out what they changed.

N5GGG
Davenlr is offline  
post #5309 of 5341 Old 07-09-2020, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
macboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride9 View Post
I cant seem to find what kind of amplification the SR6012 uses. Is it D, AB, H? The reason I ask is how the connection of the high pass cable with a REL T/Xi series subwoofer made with the Avr is determined by the type of amp. Can anyone with a REL and SR6012 tell me if you left the black cable from the REL high pass cable unconnected, or connected to one of the negative speaker terminals? Thanks!
SR6012 uses good old traditional class "AB" amplifiers. All of the negative/black speaker terminals are common and connected to the chassis (a.k.a. "ground"). In other words, the speaker outputs are not bridged-mode.
Pride9 likes this.

-=-
If PacMan had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to electronic music.

MacBoy

Last edited by macboy; 07-09-2020 at 09:59 AM. Reason: incorrect post quoted
macboy is offline  
post #5310 of 5341 Old 07-09-2020, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,085
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1382 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenlr View Post
My NR1508 just downloaded 4200-8235-0032-2065
Now to find out what they changed.

Good luck getting that info out of Marantz. Neither they nor Denon are exactly forthcoming about what any given 'update' does.
DougDingle is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
airplay , airplay problems , atmos , auro3d , bridging channels , clipping , distortion , dts:x , hdmi arc , issue , Marantz , marantz sr 6012 , marantz sr7012 , receivers , sr7012 , temperature

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off