*Official* Marantz 2017 NR1508/1608, SR5012/6012/7012 owner's thread - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4042Likes

post #1681 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Fan View Post
After searching for an AVR to replace my SR7008, I took advantage of the NR1608 sale to hold me over until I decided on a suitable replacement. I think I have found it in the 1608! Much to my surprise, This AVR has plenty of power to drive my system 5.1 paradigms. The sound is on par with other Marantz receivers that I have owned. My room is 12 X 16. I have become accustomed to Multi-XT32 for several years, but I have not yet run room correction on the new one, so I do not know what to expect with Multi XT. In between, I did try the Denon X3400, but it did not have the same sound. This AVR seems closer to my 7008. Do not discount the 50 watt rating. They are true watts, and not exaggerated. I am really impressed. My 2 cents.
I agree. The SR1608 is surprisingly good. Plenty of power and still has the Marantz sound signature.

But here's what I did... Here in Canada the SR5012 is only $100 more, so I returned the NR1608 and brought home the SR5012... Now I have 100 'real watts' and Audyssey's next level up, 'XT' room correction... Trust me, it sounds even better. Heard it right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislax19 View Post
Thank you. I am going to go out and purchase a few new HDMI cables today. I am still having issues synching the "Enhanced HDMI" between my new Marantz SR5012 and my Sony Z9d. I can have Enhanced selected for one or the other with no repercussions, but when they are both set to Enhanced, I do not get an image from my Xbox One X or PS4 inputs, although I can hear them running in the background.

Quick question for those familiar with the Marantz SR5012. I am reading on the Z9d forums that folks typically like the TV to do the processing. I noticed in the "Video/ Output" settings the two options below..

Video Conversion
i/p scaler

Is it best practice to set those two options to OFF?

I just want to make sure I am correctly managing these various settings to optimize the Sony Z9d's potential. Also, eliminate any handshake issues.

Thanks!
Video Conversion - 'on' (Allows GUI)
i/p scaler - 'off'
post #1683 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwings View Post
Video Conversion - 'on' (Allows GUI)
i/p scaler - 'off'
Thank you!
rlwings likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness77 View Post
Do you know how the zone 2 output would look on the home app for the receiver? I am guessing it would show up as a different icon with its own volume control, but who knows.

Thanks
Likely not. I have the NR1608 and my solution was to use an Apple TV 4 + HDMI de-embedder. That should offer the same functionality as when (if?) the NR1608 gets AirPlay 2 support. Possibly even better, as I can designate the Apple TV as a different room than the receiver, e.g. "Backyard", so now I have voice control "Hey Siri, play Metallica in the Backyard". I doubt you'll get that functionality if/when AirPlay 2 comes to Marantz/Denon AVRs.
post #1685 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone change Input Select with Harmony One?

I use a Harmony One to control my Marantz SR5012. When I added the Marantz using the online database from Logitech, there was a code for "Analog 7.1" input, but no way to set the input back to HDMI or Optical as a code for the Harmony One. I have to use the phone app to drill down to "Inputs->Input Select" to get it back to digital instead of analog. Does anyone know of a single code that can reverse the analog selection? I use the Logitech Harmony Remote Software v7 desktop software to program my One

LG OLED55B6P, Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector
Marantz SR5012, Harmony One Remote
OPPO UDP203, OPPO BDP80
Front CV D9, Center Energy, Side Paradym Reference Minis, Surround PSB, No sub
post #1686 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
Likely not. I have the NR1608 and my solution was to use an Apple TV 4 + HDMI de-embedder. That should offer the same functionality as when (if?) the NR1608 gets AirPlay 2 support. Possibly even better, as I can designate the Apple TV as a different room than the receiver, e.g. "Backyard", so now I have voice control "Hey Siri, play Metallica in the Backyard". I doubt you'll get that functionality if/when AirPlay 2 comes to Marantz/Denon AVRs.
Sam,
How do you control the volume with the apple tv? If you pull the analog out of it and feed an amp, how would you control the volume?
I would love just to use few apple tv's connected to a 7 channel amp for three zones.

Thanks!
post #1687 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sam,
How do you control the volume with the apple tv? If you pull the analog out of it and feed an amp, how would you control the volume?
I would love just to use few apple tv's connected to a 7 channel amp for three zones.

Thanks!
I typically use the DeRemote iOS app to control the Zone 2 volume of the Apple TV.

If I were you (feeding directly into an amp), get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2QLPJM/ I got it to use with an HDMI de-embedder + Apple TV, and it sounds great. I keep mine at a fixed volume and use the app as described above. But there's certainly enough range for you to feed it right into a multichannel amp, and control each zone's volume via the DAC.
post #1688 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
I typically use the DeRemote iOS app to control the Zone 2 volume of the Apple TV.

If I were you (feeding directly into an amp), get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2QLPJM/ I got it to use with an HDMI de-embedder + Apple TV, and it sounds great. I keep mine at a fixed volume and use the app as described above. But there's certainly enough range for you to feed it right into a multichannel amp, and control each zone's volume via the DAC.
Thank you. That seems like a pretty good choice. Ideally I would like to have all controls directly in the home app/music app and not have to use the denon app or volume control on the dac. Maybe I will wait to see what type of control the D&M machines get with airplay 2 (I could just use a 1508 or 9 for each zone, but something a little more cost effective would be nice).

Thanks
post #1689 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you. That seems like a pretty good choice. Ideally I would like to have all controls directly in the home app/music app and not have to use the denon app or volume control on the dac. Maybe I will wait to see what type of control the D&M machines get with airplay 2 (I could just use a 1508 or 9 for each zone, but something a little more cost effective would be nice).

Thanks
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath that you can get that via Denon/AirPlay 2 upgrade. Best case, buy a separate NR1509 (or equivalent), feed each DAC into a Zone/amp pair, and control the overall relative volume via the HomeKit app. The DAC volumes would remain fixed for each zone, you'd just be raising the relative volume, globally, via HomeKit. Else, you would literally have to have a 1508/9 + ATV + DAC for each Zone.
post #1690 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillesDC View Post
Hello,
I'm the owner of a Marantz SR 7012. With that receiver I run a 5.1 setup containing the Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2 (bookshelves) + ASW610 (sub) + 683 S2 (towers) + HTM61 (center) speakers. For about a month it ran very good, even at loud volume. Recently I encountered a very strange issue.

When I started watching Dark (the german Netflix series), I could hear some ticking noise coming from the tweeters during certain moments. It only happened when a sharp horror synth could be heard (for example during s1e1 at around 42 seconds). Now it gets weird...
  • My initial thought was that the speakers were clipping. So I lowered the volume. The ticking still occurred.
  • Then I thought that maybe the ticking was intentional and included in the audio source. So I watched the same episode on my laptop with headphones. The ticking was gone.
  • At this point I was getting worried that the issue was at the receiver. So to be 100% certain, I hooked some headphones to the receiver and played the episode again. The ticking still happened.

The ticking only comes from the tweeters and it sounds a lot like clipping. Using headphones I get the same result. I have tried streaming the episode with my built in TV app, an Xbox one s and a PS4.

So my question is:
Am I suffering from clipping? If so, why does it also happen with headphones? Is it fixable or do I have a bad unit?

I run all my speakers small, the receiver is in a cool area and they are crossed at 80Hz. No equalizer or something like that is enabled.

Anyone that could help my out or give me advice is much appreciated!
If you have already ascertained that it is not behaving as it should, sound-wise, then it is obviously faulty.
There are a lot of probable reasons why a "bad" unit would sound like it is clipping even at low volumes. I suggest that you have it repaired or replaced.

Last edited by Fruit; 06-15-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: fix spelling
post #1691 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillesDC View Post
Hello,
I'm the owner of a Marantz SR 7012. With that receiver I run a 5.1 setup containing the Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2 (bookshelves) + ASW610 (sub) + 683 S2 (towers) + HTM61 (center) speakers. For about a month it ran very good, even at loud volume. Recently I encountered a very strange issue.

When I started watching Dark (the german Netflix series), I could hear some ticking noise coming from the tweeters during certain moments. It only happened when a sharp horror synth could be heard (for example during s1e1 at around 42 seconds). Now it gets weird...
  • My initial thought was that the speakers were clipping. So I lowered the volume. The ticking still occurred.
  • Then I thought that maybe the ticking was intentional and included in the audio source. So I watched the same episode on my laptop with headphones. The ticking was gone.
  • At this point I was getting worried that the issue was at the receiver. So to be 100% certain, I hooked some headphones to the receiver and played the episode again. The ticking still happened.

The ticking only comes from the tweeters and it sounds a lot like clipping. Using headphones I get the same result. I have tried streaming the episode with my built in TV app, an Xbox one s and a PS4.

So my question is:
Am I suffering from clipping? If so, why does it also happen with headphones? Is it fixable or do I have a bad unit?

I run all my speakers small, the receiver is in a cool area and they are crossed at 80Hz. No equalizer or something like that is enabled.

Anyone that could help my out or give me advice is much appreciated!
I had a Marantz NR1608 that started to sound like you described. As if a tweeter was blown or clipping. After much experimentation and speaker switching I was able to determine that the Marantz had a bad amplifier channel. Luckily I was still within the Best Buy return window, so I exchanged it for another one... The problem completely disappeared.

BTW, I've since returned the NR1608 for an SR5012 because there was only a $100 price difference between the two after the recent price drop here in Canada. Score! Lol...
post #1692 of 4557 Old 06-15-2018, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislax19 View Post
I believe so.. I purchased them from monoprice a few years back.
It’s either premium or not, and if it’s that old, then you probably need to get premium ones
vn800art likes this.
post #1693 of 4557 Old 06-16-2018, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm using a SR5012 with a apple TV 4k and a LG Oled C7

It's hooked up and configured so that I can control the power and volume with the ATV remote.

When I put everything to sleep, the receiver makes "tick tock" sounds for about an hour and then it stops.

The sound is the same as switching it on and off.

Any ideas?
post #1694 of 4557 Old 06-17-2018, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
I agree. The SR1608 is surprisingly good. Plenty of power and still h_as the Marantz sound signature.

But here's what I did... Here in Canada the SR5012 is only $100 more, so I returned the NR1608 and brought home the SR5012... Now I have 100 'real watts' and Audyssey's next level up, 'XT' room correction... Trust me, it sounds even better. Heard it right away.
Thanks. Coming from the 7008, I am realizing a difference in room correction. I will most ikely move up to the SR6012 or the new model
which has XT32.
rlwings likes this.

Marantz SR6012, UBP-X800, Integra CD3, Polk Audio
LSIm703 Fronts, Reference Center, Rears, Def Tech Super Cube
TCL 55s401

Set 2. HK AVR635, Paradigm Mini Monitor v7
post #1695 of 4557 Old 06-17-2018, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6409 Post(s)
Liked: 6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
It’s either premium or not, and if it’s that old, then you probably need to get premium ones
Yep, now it the time to updates your cables if they are a little older, great news is the premium cables are not very expensive....
post #1696 of 4557 Old 06-17-2018, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabraal View Post
I'm using a SR5012 with a apple TV 4k and a LG Oled C7

It's hooked up and configured so that I can control the power and volume with the ATV remote.

When I put everything to sleep, the receiver makes "tick tock" sounds for about an hour and then it stops.

The sound is the same as switching it on and off.

Any ideas?
That is strange. Try doing a soft reset by powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes.
post #1697 of 4557 Old 06-18-2018, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey94025 View Post
I don't drive my speakers very loud and only use the Marantz for home theater TV sound. Not demanding. I also have the small, bookshelf B&W speakers set. All video goes through the Marantz. ARC works great.

That said, I suspect the NR1608 will be fine for you. If not, return it and get one of the bigger models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great. Thanks for the reply. Will let you know how it plays out.

Sony XBR-65A1E | Marantz NR-1608 | Marantz MA-500 Monoblocks (pre-amp'd) | B&W 803's & 805's | Episode‐8‐
350T Rear & Height (Dolby Atmos)
post #1698 of 4557 Old 06-18-2018, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Marantz NR1608 - Speaker Setup Advice Please

Just bought a Marantz NR1608 for watching TV and BDs in the den, full 7.2.4 with Marantz 7010 still in place upstairs.

Due to restrictions imposed (1) by the den layout and (2) by the Memsahib, I can only use six out of the 7 surround channels just now.

Channels 1-3 are the usual FL, FR and center.

Channels 4 and 5 should be surround left and surround right.

Channels 6 and 7 are the Atmos channels.

The room is set up with the TV in a corner. Later it might end up over the fireplace, when all of the following problems will go away, but for now it's staying in the corner.

Surround side speakers sind verboten as our German readers might say (if they weren't too busy crying into their beers over a recent sporting event...)

The FL and FR channels currently go through a cheap Samsung sound bar. The center goes to an in-ceiling more or less over the TV. This works well enough for now, but soon I expect to buy a Klipsch G-42 3-way passive sound bar to replace all three. The in-ceiling speaker above the TV then becomes redundant until if or when I move the TV over the fireplace, which is half-way along a wall.

For the Atmos I'm using two of the four in-ceiling speakers. If you numbered the corners of the room clockwise from 1 to 4, the TV is in corner 1, the Atmos speakers would be in corners 2 and 4, i.e. on the diagonal. The in-ceiling speaker furthest from the TV, diagonally across the room, is being used as a single (rear) surround.

The questions I'd like help with are, therefore:

1. How do I tell the 1608 there are no side surrounds, just rears, and does it matter?

2. How do I tell the 1608 there's only a single rear?

Later, if / when I put the TV over the fireplace, I have two options:

1. I can wire the Atmos overheads into two pairs, so the ones on the left act as one mid-ceiling Atmos channel (not two - one front one back), and the pair on the other side act as the second Atmos channel. I will run new cables between the Atmos front and back speakers to link those up, then I will extend the wires through the ceiling to the back in-ceilings to run new in-wall speakers for the surround rears. But again, they'll be surround rears, not surround sides. How do I tell the receiver they're surround rears and not surround sides.

Overall I am very very happy with the 1608, especially as I got it brand new at an end-of-line discounted price of $500, and am not looking to change it to a 9 or 11 channel receiver.

The receiver is for watching Netflix etc. and movies when we can't be bothered to go upstairs. It will also be used for providing Muzak throughout the house, using a cheap power amp or two as needed.

Thanks in advance.
post #1699 of 4557 Old 06-18-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Heal View Post
Just bought a Marantz NR1608 for watching TV and BDs in the den, full 7.2.4 with Marantz 7010 still in place upstairs.

Due to restrictions imposed (1) by the den layout and (2) by the Memsahib, I can only use six out of the 7 surround channels just now.

Channels 1-3 are the usual FL, FR and center.

Channels 4 and 5 should be surround left and surround right.

Channels 6 and 7 are the Atmos channels.

The room is set up with the TV in a corner. Later it might end up over the fireplace, when all of the following problems will go away, but for now it's staying in the corner.

Surround side speakers sind verboten as our German readers might say (if they weren't too busy crying into their beers over a recent sporting event...)

The FL and FR channels currently go through a cheap Samsung sound bar. The center goes to an in-ceiling more or less over the TV. This works well enough for now, but soon I expect to buy a Klipsch G-42 3-way passive sound bar to replace all three. The in-ceiling speaker above the TV then becomes redundant until if or when I move the TV over the fireplace, which is half-way along a wall.

For the Atmos I'm using two of the four in-ceiling speakers. If you numbered the corners of the room clockwise from 1 to 4, the TV is in corner 1, the Atmos speakers would be in corners 2 and 4, i.e. on the diagonal. The in-ceiling speaker furthest from the TV, diagonally across the room, is being used as a single (rear) surround.

The questions I'd like help with are, therefore:

1. How do I tell the 1608 there are no side surrounds, just rears, and does it matter?

2. How do I tell the 1608 there's only a single rear?

Later, if / when I put the TV over the fireplace, I have two options:

1. I can wire the Atmos overheads into two pairs, so the ones on the left act as one mid-ceiling Atmos channel (not two - one front one back), and the pair on the other side act as the second Atmos channel. I will run new cables between the Atmos front and back speakers to link those up, then I will extend the wires through the ceiling to the back in-ceilings to run new in-wall speakers for the surround rears. But again, they'll be surround rears, not surround sides. How do I tell the receiver they're surround rears and not surround sides.

Overall I am very very happy with the 1608, especially as I got it brand new at an end-of-line discounted price of $500, and am not looking to change it to a 9 or 11 channel receiver.

The receiver is for watching Netflix etc. and movies when we can't be bothered to go upstairs. It will also be used for providing Muzak throughout the house, using a cheap power amp or two as needed.

Thanks in advance.
1. In a 5.1 setup, although the "side" surround should ideally be placed to the "sides", even if you decide to place them behind you, they are still considered "side" surrounds and must be connected to the "SURROUND" speaker posts.
2. Although possible to only have a single "SURROUND BACK" speaker (ie. 6.1), it is not possible to have a single "SURROUND" speaker.
post #1700 of 4557 Old 06-18-2018, 11:30 AM

^ Hence my questions. I suppose push come to shove I just have to live with it and wait until I reconfigure....
post #1701 of 4557 Old 06-18-2018, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Bestbuy has the sr6012 on sale for $999. Is that a good buy for a home theater? Or should I wait for bigger discounts when the newer models release? And is denon a better option for home theater?

I'm wanting to be able to do up to 7.2.4 atmos without breaking the bank.
post #1702 of 4557 Old 06-19-2018, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynmandy View Post
Bestbuy has the sr6012 on sale. Is that a good buy for a home theater? Or should I wait for bigger discounts when the newer models release? And is denon a better option for home theater?

I'm wanting to be able to do up to 7.2.4 atmos without breaking the bank.
The Marantz SR6012 is the lowest level model that can do 7.2.4 by adding an external 2CH amp. The same is true for the next higher level model Denon X4400H.

Also --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...ls-sticky.html
post #1703 of 4557 Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
That is strange. Try doing a soft reset by powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes.

Thanks. I basically switched off the plugs to everything for the night.

Seems like the sound is gone.
vn800art likes this.
post #1704 of 4557 Old 06-20-2018, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Fan View Post
Thanks. Coming from the 7008, I am realizing a difference in room correction. I will most ikely move up to the SR6012 or the new model
which has XT32.
I just picked up the SR6012. Sounds like my old SR7008-like an old friend.

Marantz SR6012, UBP-X800, Integra CD3, Polk Audio
LSIm703 Fronts, Reference Center, Rears, Def Tech Super Cube
TCL 55s401

Set 2. HK AVR635, Paradigm Mini Monitor v7

Last edited by Harmon Fan; 06-21-2018 at 07:09 PM.
post #1705 of 4557 Old 06-21-2018, 06:55 AM

Has anyone tried pairing a Klipsch G-42 3-way passive L/C/R sound bar with the 1608?

As above, our TV sits in a corner and can't really be moved unless or until the Memsahib allows me to put it over the fireplace. Even then, because the fireplace has a niche on one side, and the reverse-effect of a niche in the wall in the room behind the fireplace, I can't install in-wall speakers at all, and even the SUGGESTION of ON-wall speakers would have my manly parts removed with a rusty bread knife. So the G-42 or similar under or over the TV is the only way to go.

Thanks.
post #1706 of 4557 Old 06-21-2018, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question SR5012 Bluetooth Pairing With Phone Procedure?

Just upgraded from a pioneer vsx receiver to the marantz sr5012 and having seen it supports bluetooth reception from mobile devices I'm trying to set this up. I see in the manual it says to simply press the "Bluetooth" button on the remote control and then proceed to pair...thing is when I press that button on the remote it takes me to the "Music" screen (on my display/tv) which lists USB, HEOS, Internet Radio but nothing about Bluetooth.

Does this receiver not actually support Bluetooth input/reception? Can anyone help with pairing a phone (galaxy note8) to this receiver?

Thanks!
post #1707 of 4557 Old 06-21-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgrass View Post
Just upgraded from a pioneer vsx receiver to the marantz sr5012 and having seen it supports bluetooth reception from mobile devices I'm trying to set this up. I see in the manual it says to simply press the "Bluetooth" button on the remote control and then proceed to pair...thing is when I press that button on the remote it takes me to the "Music" screen (on my display/tv) which lists USB, HEOS, Internet Radio but nothing about Bluetooth.

Does this receiver not actually support Bluetooth input/reception? Can anyone help with pairing a phone (galaxy note8) to this receiver?

Thanks!
After pressing Bluetooth on the remote go to your phone and pull down the menu from the top of the screen... There you will see a Bluetooth icon...Long press it until a menu pops up showing all the available devices... Choose the Marantz 5012 and presto! Your TV screen will react with the Bluetooth screen showing the pairing.
post #1708 of 4557 Old 06-21-2018, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
After pressing Bluetooth on the remote go to your phone and pull down the menu from the top of the screen... There you will see a Bluetooth icon...Long press it until a menu pops up showing all the available devices... Choose the Marantz 5012 and presto! Your TV screen will react with the Bluetooth screen showing the pairing.
Thanks, i've tried this but I fear that perhaps my receiver does not in fact have bluetooth as both my note8 and my work iphoneS are not seeing the receiver but do see many other bluetooth devices so I know they work...what should the TV show when I push Bluetooth...it shows a display called Music that shows HEOS, Internet and USB...nothing even mentioning bluetooth or being in pairing mode.

Thoughts?
post #1709 of 4557 Old 06-21-2018, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Have had a look at the online manual, Sr5012 has BT connectivity. Press BT on the remote and PAIRING should show on the 5012 round panel. Have you installed the two antennas on the back of the unit?
Regards
Alessandro

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
post #1710 of 4557 Old 06-21-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgrass View Post
Thanks, i've tried this but I fear that perhaps my receiver does not in fact have bluetooth as both my note8 and my work iphoneS are not seeing the receiver but do see many other bluetooth devices so I know they work...what should the TV show when I push Bluetooth...it shows a display called Music that shows HEOS, Internet and USB...nothing even mentioning bluetooth or being in pairing mode.

Thoughts?
Why would there be a Bluetooth button if it didn't feature Bluetooth?

Every 2017 Marantz AVR features Bluetooth. Ensure both of the Wifi/Bluetooth antennas on each side of the AVR are aimed upward and also ensure you are pressing the correct "Bluetooth" button.

Refer to p. 240 in the Owner's manual and do a "Network Reset."

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 06-21-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
atmos , auro3d , bridging channels , clipping , dts:x , issue , Marantz , marantz sr 6012 , marantz sr7012 , sr7012

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page