*Official* Marantz 2017 NR1508/1608, SR5012/6012/7012 owner's thread - Page 99 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4073Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2941 of 4793 Old 10-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
dave1812dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 97
The other day I wanted to do a Bluetooth connection so that I could stream music from my phone. For a while, I couldn't see how to turn ON the Marantz from HEOS or from Marantz 2016 AVR to use Bluetooth. Obviously it can be done from the included remote. Finally I reset one of the Smart Select buttons on the AVR app while I was running Bluetooth. Then I shut the Marantz OFF and hit that SS button. Voila, the Marantz turned ON. Problem solved, but I'm wondering did I overlook another way to get Bluetooth functionality w/o the use of the SS button?

LG OLED55B7 -LG OLED65C8 - Marantz NR1608
dave1812dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2942 of 4793 Old 10-27-2018, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,826
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4809 Post(s)
Liked: 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
Thank You very much Seldon for taking the time to answer my questions!!!

I've downloaded the owners manual onto my iPad and managed to get thru most of it.
I'm familiar with Audyssey, it's in use on my older Marantz and i actually got pretty proficient
Running ARC on my Anthem. The set-up assistant worked great for me, I was impressed with it.

I think I will disable the auto firmware updates for now. I've got a long Ethernet cable somewhere.

Thanks again!!
You're very welcome.
grasshoppers likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #2943 of 4793 Old 10-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Newbie
 
mtzm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

I've been struggling with my 7012 that i just setup, with the sub1 or sub2 out. No matter which combo or amp i've tried, all i get is extremely low output from the sub. One of the first things i did was run a firmware update before setting this unit up. I've even tried different cables to no avail.

AV to Crown to Sub (tried both Sens. 1.4 and .775) (also used Art Cleanbox Pro)
AV to MA700 to Sub
AV to ARS300

I've called Marantz support but the tech said he had no clue why its doing that, so not much help there. Keep in mind, i've reset the unit twice and still nothing.

I'm really hoping that its something stupid that I'm overlooking and not the sub1 or sub2 ports. I'm finding it hard to believe that both ports have issues but i'm not sure now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
mtzm3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2944 of 4793 Old 10-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
 
th8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got a Samsung Q6 and can’t get ARC to work with my SR5012. Been through the manual on both anyone have any suggestions?
th8ter is offline  
post #2945 of 4793 Old 10-27-2018, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtzm3 View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been struggling with my 7012 that i just setup, with the sub1 or sub2 out. No matter which combo or amp i've tried, all i get is extremely low output from the sub. One of the first things i did was run a firmware update before setting this unit up. I've even tried different cables to no avail.

AV to Crown to Sub (tried both Sens. 1.4 and .775) (also used Art Cleanbox Pro)
AV to MA700 to Sub
AV to ARS300

I've called Marantz support but the tech said he had no clue why its doing that, so not much help there. Keep in mind, i've reset the unit twice and still nothing.

I'm really hoping that its something stupid that I'm overlooking and not the sub1 or sub2 ports. I'm finding it hard to believe that both ports have issues but i'm not sure now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Do your subs have their own "gain" controls? If those aren't set high enough, no setting on the receiver will be able to overcome that. The range of the receiver is strictly in regards to LOWERING the maximum possible gain from the sub's own setting relative to highest level sub output level. In other words, turn the sub up to the "basic" level you want with a test tone and then let the receiver fine tune from there. I did notice the Marantz 7010 had an overall lower sub output level than my Yamaha (about 4dB I believe) so whereas I typically had the sub set to +6 above "flat" (which YPAO set to ZERO), the same sub with the Marantz using manual ended up at +10dB to get the same volume level. I could compensate by simply moving my gain control higher on the subwoofer (it's set like 1/3 the way up; it can go much higher if I needed it to).

Click THEATER (Updated: Oct-19-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #2946 of 4793 Old 10-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
 
burts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I was watching south park on spectrum and its plays in dolby digital but when a commercial hits the loud solenoids go off and the avr switches to another audio format...

When it goes back to south park the loud solenoids go off...scaring my cat again lol and dolby digital is back on.... I dont remember my previous avr doing this, am I missing something...?

Is this because im using a external 5 ch amp for my front stage with height and my avr takes care of the rears?

Last edited by burts; 10-28-2018 at 01:39 AM.
burts is offline  
post #2947 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
burts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by th8ter View Post
Just got a Samsung Q6 and can’t get ARC to work with my SR5012. Been through the manual on both anyone have any suggestions?
I just got a samsung q6 and I just got the marantz 7012 also, I set up the 7012 today and had no trouble with the arc setup...Didnt the initial marantz setup take care of that, the setup was great and easy!

Just enable arc on the tv and avr and use the arc hdmi specific port on both devices
burts is offline  
post #2948 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 02:39 AM
Member
 
scotttnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by th8ter View Post
Just got a Samsung Q6 and can’t get ARC to work with my SR5012. Been through the manual on both anyone have any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts View Post
I just got a samsung q6 and I just got the marantz 7012 also, I set up the 7012 today and had no trouble with the arc setup...Didnt the initial marantz setup take care of that, the setup was great and easy!

Just enable arc on the tv and avr and use the arc hdmi specific port on both devices
I have the 82NU8000 which is similar to the Q6, just without the quantum dots, and just got the SR6012. ARC is working no problems. I just enabled it on the TV and receiver.

My Lounge System
TV: Samsung 82” NU8000|Sources: AppleTV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB420|Receiver: Marantz SR6012 5.1.4
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.3 fronts, Wharfedale Diamond 8 centre, AudioPro C5 rears,
4x Polk V60 in-ceiling, Polk HTS12 Sub
scotttnz is offline  
post #2949 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,826
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4809 Post(s)
Liked: 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts View Post
I was watching south park on spectrum and its plays in dolby digital but when a commercial hits the loud solenoids go off and the avr switches to another audio format...

When it goes back to south park the loud solenoids go off...scaring my cat again lol and dolby digital is back on.... I dont remember my previous avr doing this, am I missing something...?

Is this because im using a external 5 ch amp for my front stage with height and my avr takes care of the rears?
The relays are clacking because you don't have one of the upmixers enabled for the cable box input. While watching a cable channel, press on any of the Movie, Music or Game buttons and scroll down to the option which includes "+Surround" and select it.

It's happening because the TV station is transmitting the program's soundtrack in 5.1 surround-sound and the commercials in 2.0 stereo. (Other stations might do the opposite.) Since no upmixer is being used, the receiver's outputs are being reconfigured to match the actual number of channels in the incoming soundtrack: the surround channels are being disabled whenever a stereo signal is detected. While an upmixer is enabled, all of your speakers are always in use so the receiver doesn't have to reconfigure its outputs and the relays won't clack.
bigguyca and burts like this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #2950 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 665
It would be better if you could lock a configuration to keep all channels "on" instead. Not only is relay noise offensive/irritating sounding, but it's putting unnecessary wear and tear on the relays themselves (magnetic coil relays have surprisingly short lifespans directly determined by the number of uses).

This is even more egregious if you're using external amplification as it's utterly pointless to switch off/on amplifier channels that aren't even being used. All it's effectively doing is wearing out your relays which will likely break outside your warranty period and cost a small fortune to replace them or your entire receiver. But that's a GOOD thing from the manufacturer's viewpoint since they make money off you either way.
burts likes this.

Click THEATER (Updated: Oct-19-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #2951 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 10:13 AM
Senior Member
 
burts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
It would be better if you could lock a configuration to keep all channels "on" instead. Not only is relay noise offensive/irritating sounding, but it's putting unnecessary wear and tear on the relays themselves (magnetic coil relays have surprisingly short lifespans directly determined by the number of uses).

This is even more egregious if you're using external amplification as it's utterly pointless to switch off/on amplifier channels that aren't even being used. All it's effectively doing is wearing out your relays which will likely break outside your warranty period and cost a small fortune to replace them or your entire receiver. But that's a GOOD thing from the manufacturer's viewpoint since they make money off you either way.

Agreed, last night I downloaded the microsoft dolby atmos app from the microsoft store and messed with dolby atmos samples in it... It works fine but when I was bouncing around from the app back to my desktop the bloody relays did their musical chair dance.....
burts is offline  
post #2952 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
th8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts View Post
I just got a samsung q6 and I just got the marantz 7012 also, I set up the 7012 today and had no trouble with the arc setup...Didnt the initial marantz setup take care of that, the setup was great and easy!

Just enable arc on the tv and avr and use the arc hdmi specific port on both devices
Thanks for the suggestions but Tried all of this. Going to try a new HDMI cable when it arrives.
th8ter is offline  
post #2953 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
dave1812dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by th8ter View Post
Thanks for the suggestions but Tried all of this. Going to try a new HDMI cable when it arrives.
Good luck. I had issues with ARC causing a 1-2 sec drop-out every few minutes. I ordered another HDMI cable from Amazon, plugged it in, and not one drop-out in well over a month, many hours of usage every day. Hope the cable fixes your issue as well.
BTW, I don't use the AVR as an input source to the TV. I use built-in apps like Netflix, Hulu on the TV, which feed the Marantz so that I can hear dialog better, but having the Marantz feed a center channel speaker. Hence the issue with audio dropouts coming from the Marantz--the ARC signal flows TOWARDS the Marantz,

LG OLED55B7 -LG OLED65C8 - Marantz NR1608
dave1812dave is offline  
post #2954 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
th8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
Good luck. I had issues with ARC causing a 1-2 sec drop-out every few minutes. I ordered another HDMI cable from Amazon, plugged it in, and not one drop-out in well over a month, many hours of usage every day. Hope the cable fixes your issue as well.
BTW, I don't use the AVR as an input source to the TV. I use built-in apps like Netflix, Hulu on the TV, which feed the Marantz so that I can hear dialog better, but having the Marantz feed a center channel speaker. Hence the issue with audio dropouts coming from the Marantz--the ARC signal flows TOWARDS the Marantz,
Good to hear I hoping that’s all it is.
th8ter is offline  
post #2955 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 04:16 PM
Newbie
 
mtzm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
Do your subs have their own "gain" controls? If those aren't set high enough, no setting on the receiver will be able to overcome that. The range of the receiver is strictly in regards to LOWERING the maximum possible gain from the sub's own setting relative to highest level sub output level. In other words, turn the sub up to the "basic" level you want with a test tone and then let the receiver fine tune from there. I did notice the Marantz 7010 had an overall lower sub output level than my Yamaha (about 4dB I believe) so whereas I typically had the sub set to +6 above "flat" (which YPAO set to ZERO), the same sub with the Marantz using manual ended up at +10dB to get the same volume level. I could compensate by simply moving my gain control higher on the subwoofer (it's set like 1/3 the way up; it can go much higher if I needed it to).
The ARS300 i tested with has its own and it was up all the way. As for my DIY subs no, it is strictly Subs but i did turn it up on both the MA700 amp and the Crown amp w/ and w/out the art cleanbox. I've also tried boosting up the "bass" to +12db and still was VERY low. I haven't tried setting it up via audyssey setup. Do you think that will make a difference? I'm completely lost here.. Thanks for the help...
mtzm3 is offline  
post #2956 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtzm3 View Post
The ARS300 i tested with has its own and it was up all the way. As for my DIY subs no, it is strictly Subs but i did turn it up on both the MA700 amp and the Crown amp w/ and w/out the art cleanbox. I've also tried boosting up the "bass" to +12db and still was VERY low. I haven't tried setting it up via audyssey setup. Do you think that will make a difference? I'm completely lost here.. Thanks for the help...
My 7010 had a sub setting in speakers and another one for each decoder mode (global) AND another volume setting in the options menu. I don't know if you've looked at all of them or not. Beyond that, I'm not sure offhand.

Click THEATER (Updated: Oct-19-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #2957 of 4793 Old 10-28-2018, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
burts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Ran into my first problem my Oppo 93 will not let audio pass through the marantz On or Off......

A google search reveals denon problems???

https://www.justanswer.com/home-thea...ay-player.html

So whats up with this? Im on the latest firmware for the oppo, this stinks....

Last edited by burts; 10-29-2018 at 03:15 PM.
burts is offline  
post #2958 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 01:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
pre outs to external power amp for fronts

I recently listened to the 1608 and was quite impressed. Perfect for smaller living rooms and simpler systems. Also very impressed to see that it offers per outs for the front left / right. Might this improve / change the sound for stereo (music)?
Has anyone used an external power amp with a marantz? If so what are your impressions? Does it improve stereo performance at all?

Many thanks
Yiannis_K is offline  
post #2959 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,036
Mentioned: 742 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22606 Post(s)
Liked: 12299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiannis_K View Post
I recently listened to the 1608 and was quite impressed. Perfect for smaller living rooms and simpler systems. Also very impressed to see that it offers per outs for the front left / right. Might this improve / change the sound for stereo (music)?
Has anyone used an external power amp with a marantz? If so what are your impressions? Does it improve stereo performance at all?

Many thanks
Not likely unless the NR1608 is providing insufficient power (ie. hearing distortion) for the volume level you desire.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2960 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,036
Mentioned: 742 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22606 Post(s)
Liked: 12299
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts View Post
Wheres the serial numbers on the avr or box to register the unit?

Ran into my first problem my Oppo 93 will not let audio pass through the marantz On or Off......

A google search reveals denon problems???

https://www.justanswer.com/home-thea...ay-player.html

So whats up with this? Im on the latest firmware for the oppo, this stinks....
Registration is not required in order to file for warranty repair; however, you should be able to find the serial number on the OEM box.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2961 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 04:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Not likely unless the NR1608 is providing insufficient power (ie. hearing distortion) for the volume level you desire.
Many thanks for the feedback :-)
Yiannis_K is offline  
post #2962 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,036
Mentioned: 742 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22606 Post(s)
Liked: 12299
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtzm3 View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been struggling with my 7012 that i just setup, with the sub1 or sub2 out. No matter which combo or amp i've tried, all i get is extremely low output from the sub. One of the first things i did was run a firmware update before setting this unit up. I've even tried different cables to no avail.

AV to Crown to Sub (tried both Sens. 1.4 and .775) (also used Art Cleanbox Pro)
AV to MA700 to Sub
AV to ARS300

I've called Marantz support but the tech said he had no clue why its doing that, so not much help there. Keep in mind, i've reset the unit twice and still nothing.

I'm really hoping that its something stupid that I'm overlooking and not the sub1 or sub2 ports. I'm finding it hard to believe that both ports have issues but i'm not sure now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
As you don't mention any settings on the sub or the AVR, hard to provide support other than saying that as subs are generally very sensitive, the vast majority need only be set to about 10 o'clock on the gain knob which would then result in an Audyssey setting of around -6dB to -8dB which most owners will then want to manually raise about +5dB (ie. so the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer setting is around -1dB). Doing so will globally apply to all sources.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2963 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 04:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,036
Mentioned: 742 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22606 Post(s)
Liked: 12299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
The other day I wanted to do a Bluetooth connection so that I could stream music from my phone. For a while, I couldn't see how to turn ON the Marantz from HEOS or from Marantz 2016 AVR to use Bluetooth. Obviously it can be done from the included remote. Finally I reset one of the Smart Select buttons on the AVR app while I was running Bluetooth. Then I shut the Marantz OFF and hit that SS button. Voila, the Marantz turned ON. Problem solved, but I'm wondering did I overlook another way to get Bluetooth functionality w/o the use of the SS button?
Once you have "paired" the phone with the AVR (while the AVR is ON), then the phone should be able to power on the AVR from Standby when the Bluetooth stream is started (ie. no remote or SS button required).
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2964 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 06:01 AM
Newbie
 
mtzm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
As you don't mention any settings on the sub or the AVR, hard to provide support other than saying that as subs are generally very sensitive, the vast majority need only be set to about 10 o'clock on the gain knob which would then result in an Audyssey setting of around -6dB to -8dB which most owners will then want to manually raise about +5dB (ie. so the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer setting is around -1dB). Doing so will globally apply to all sources.
Sorry about that, i've seen the settings your talking about and will play with it tonight. It's probably the only setting i didn't play with because it was like you said a global setting and didn't think it would effect the sub :/ Its finally because during the test tone during setup and it tests the individual speakers, the sub plays a LOUD tone but once its completed, it goes back to being very quiet...
mtzm3 is offline  
post #2965 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 06:04 AM
Newbie
 
mtzm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
My 7010 had a sub setting in speakers and another one for each decoder mode (global) AND another volume setting in the options menu. I don't know if you've looked at all of them or not. Beyond that, I'm not sure offhand.
I will check again, the only one i didn't change was the global one and I'm pretty sure i did the other 2 but will check. So frustrating thanks again for the help
mtzm3 is offline  
post #2966 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Senior Member
 
dave1812dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiannis_K View Post
I recently listened to the 1608 and was quite impressed. Perfect for smaller living rooms and simpler systems. Also very impressed to see that it offers per outs for the front left / right. Might this improve / change the sound for stereo (music)?
Has anyone used an external power amp with a marantz? If so what are your impressions? Does it improve stereo performance at all?

Many thanks
I use the 1608 to power only the Martin Logan center channel speaker, and on occasion some small bookshelf speakers on zone two. The 1608 is more than adequate for my needs for those.
The mains are fed by my NAD preamp and NAD amp and I've never bothered to re-route the speaker cables to the Marantz to see what I think of it's abilities to power my mains. (The NAD preamp is fed by the pre-outs of the marantz when I'm using the Marantz which is for anything other than my Linn, Dragon, or CD player. In other words, the Marantz is used strictly for TV, Pandora, BT, iHeartRadio)
Yiannis_K likes this.

LG OLED55B7 -LG OLED65C8 - Marantz NR1608

Last edited by dave1812dave; 10-29-2018 at 10:55 AM.
dave1812dave is offline  
post #2967 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 665
I got my brand new Marantz 7012 installed today and adjusted (minus Audyssey; manual for now while testing and I need to get the Audyssey app for my iPod Touch yet to adjust it anyway). I did the update and have Airplay 2, etc. installed. Everything seems to be working OK so far. It definitely gets warm (no more than the 7010 did; I can hold my hand on the top without burning it or anything so it can't be too hot). I've only got about 4 inches clearance above it due to the rack space, but it's open on all sides.

I can confirm the 7010's learning remote works with it just fine as well (no changes needed), which is good since I didn't want to have to buy a new remote (old one is programmed with all my stuff already). I had a slight issue with noise in the right height speaker, but it was apparently some gunk in the right Onkyo's unit's pre-amp volume knob (playing with it got rid of it) as it's routed through there to create the top middle speaker (6 overheads) plus through an active mixer for a dialog lift effect. Front and Rear Height are handled by my Yamaha in 7ch input mode. Front wides are matrixed with an active mixer through another Yamaha input (probably not really needed in my fairly narrow, but long room 12x24 room, but I've got the extra speakers so why not). I've got one input left (for VOG), but I don't know if it'd be worth the bother when only Auro-3D can use it (all channels used up everywhere else). I've got 11 native Auro-3D titles here.

The lack of HD Radio is a bit annoying, but I'd probably never listen to radio anyway. I just updated my ATV4's software and it Atmos is now available and working there as well. Hopefully, this AVR won't have any issues for good long while....
vn800art likes this.

Click THEATER (Updated: Oct-19-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)

Last edited by MagnumX; 10-29-2018 at 01:09 PM.
MagnumX is online now  
post #2968 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 02:11 PM
Senior Member
 
th8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
Good luck. I had issues with ARC causing a 1-2 sec drop-out every few minutes. I ordered another HDMI cable from Amazon, plugged it in, and not one drop-out in well over a month, many hours of usage every day. Hope the cable fixes your issue as well.
BTW, I don't use the AVR as an input source to the TV. I use built-in apps like Netflix, Hulu on the TV, which feed the Marantz so that I can hear dialog better, but having the Marantz feed a center channel speaker. Hence the issue with audio dropouts coming from the Marantz--the ARC signal flows TOWARDS the Marantz,
It was the cable running great now!
dave1812dave likes this.
th8ter is offline  
post #2969 of 4793 Old 10-29-2018, 11:50 PM
Senior Member
 
burts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts View Post
Ran into my first problem my Oppo 93 will not let audio pass through the marantz On or Off......

A google search reveals denon problems???

https://www.justanswer.com/home-thea...ay-player.html

So whats up with this? Im on the latest firmware for the oppo, this stinks....

I disabled UHD Color on my Samsung Q6 TV and I now have audio again with my oppo, I was almost going to buy a new uhd player..

I found my answer searching on avs, isnt the internet and avs a great community of information!!!


https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...ray-input.html
burts is offline  
post #2970 of 4793 Old 10-30-2018, 12:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 665
My new Marantz 7012 shut itself off right when I hit play on Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom 3D. I saw no error code/blink so I'm guessing it somehow picked up the signal in error as the standby button since that's what it appeared to go to. I turned it back on and watched the movie and then another without incident. I hope it was just a remote signal glitch....

I also tested AppleTV 4K with Atmos and Atmos works even in 2K with all titles (unlike Vudu which appears to require you to have a 4K set connected to get Atmos sound). I might be crazy, but even with manual settings, it seems like the dialog carries better/clearer to the back of the room than it did with the 7010 for some reason. I'll have to try the Audyssey app correction in the near future and see how it compares. I need to get a USB drive to save these settings. I don't want to enter them again.
vn800art likes this.

Click THEATER (Updated: Oct-19-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
atmos , auro3d , bridging channels , clipping , dts:x , issue , Marantz , marantz sr 6012 , marantz sr7012 , sr7012

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off