Does the following cable or adapter exist: single 1/4 mono plug to dual 3.5mm plug - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-25-2017, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Does the following cable or adapter exist: single 1/4 mono plug to dual 3.5mm plug

Hi folks,

I'm new to audio and am setting up a mixer. I'm wanting to isolate and split the mic channel out to two different destinations. I have a single mic into my mixer and want to isolate it, which on my MG10XU means simply increasing the FX send dial on the mic input channel so that I send that signal to the FX send output. The mixer only has two outputs: main mix and this FX send. My main mix is obviously the complete mix that I have setup, and the FX send I want to simply send the mic over.

But, I want that mic output to be split and go to two PCs into their mic inputs. Other mixers can achieve this via alt 3-4 channels or seperate aux / fx outs, but ths MG10XU doesnt support those configs.

So, I was thinking, I could just find some sort of splitter for my 1/4 mono FX send output and split it into two 3.5mm cables for my two PC mic inputs.

I'm having trouble finding these cables or adapters though, so I must be on the wrong track.

Anybody know if these exist? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-25-2017, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawarz View Post
Hi folks,

I'm new to audio and am setting up a mixer. I'm wanting to isolate and split the mic channel out to two different destinations. I have a single mic into my mixer and want to isolate it, which on my MG10XU means simply increasing the FX send dial on the mic input channel so that I send that signal to the FX send output. The mixer only has two outputs: main mix and this FX send. My main mix is obviously the complete mix that I have setup, and the FX send I want to simply send the mic over.

But, I want that mic output to be split and go to two PCs into their mic inputs. Other mixers can achieve this via alt 3-4 channels or seperate aux / fx outs, but ths MG10XU doesnt support those configs.

So, I was thinking, I could just find some sort of splitter for my 1/4 mono FX send output and split it into two 3.5mm cables for my two PC mic inputs.

I'm having trouble finding these cables or adapters though, so I must be on the wrong track.

Anybody know if these exist? Thanks!

The cable may not be your biggest issue here, but trying to send Line level signal (from your Mixer or FX processor) into a Mic input. Both signal level and impedance may be the issue. Make sure you check the specs of your equipment before you decide to match these different types of signals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 06-25-2017, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viorel View Post
The cable may not be your biggest issue here, but trying to send Line level signal (from your Mixer or FX processor) into a Mic input. Both signal level and impedance may be the issue. Make sure you check the specs of your equipment before you decide to match these different types of signals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Right now, I've got a single 1/4 TRS to 1/8 TRS coming out of my FX send to my PC's mic input jack. It works fine, as far as I can tell. I'm a newb at audio, but it sounds ok to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-27-2017, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Something like this may work.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7137

and then add this...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7202

The lazy man finds the easiest way ... Ben Franklin

Rouge Audio Cronus Magnum II integrated amp, Goldenear Technology's Triton 2+ speakers, Schiit Bifrost Multibit Dac, Technics SL-1200MK2 turntable with Audio Technica 440ml cartridge, Teac X-1000R reel to reel, custom computer as main music source
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page