Output to multiple devices with a Marantz - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-10-2017, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Output to multiple devices with a Marantz

I'm looking to output from one source through a Marantz 8003 Pre (I suspect most Marantz pre's or receivers would apply here) to multiple devices. In this case, a Pioneer Elite monitor via HDMI and a soundbar via optical. Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it with the Marantz?

Surround Theater: Panasonic DP-UB820-> Yamaha CX-A5200-> Emotiva amps-> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom v2, JVC NX-5
Two channel: Custom Audio Linux Server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)->AL NUC NA->Holo Spring L3 DAC ->Audio Research LS28->Benchmark AHB2 ->Paradigm Persona 9H Analog: VPI Prime (Ortofon Quintet Black)-> Simaudio Neo 310LP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-10-2017, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22046 Post(s)
Liked: 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by jszei View Post
I'm looking to output from one source through a Marantz 8003 Pre (I suspect most Marantz pre's or receivers would apply here) to multiple devices. In this case, a Pioneer Elite monitor via HDMI and a soundbar via optical. Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it with the Marantz?
Although the 8003 does feature an optical output, it would require optical input from the source device to the AVP (ie. there is no HDMI --> optical down conversion).
post #3 of 6 Old 07-10-2017, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Although the 8003 does feature an optical output, it would require optical input from the source device to the AVP (ie. there is no HDMI --> optical down conversion).
As all my sources are HDMI that's a problem. Do you know of any external device that can do this? Am I able to simultaneously output HDMI (to the Pioneer) and RCA L/R (to the soundbar). That eliminates any multi-channel option for me, and is a last resort. I could possibly run optical out from the sources, but don't know if that would also require a separate video feed other than the HDMI.

Edit: I need to correct myself. It's a Marantz AV7701.

Surround Theater: Panasonic DP-UB820-> Yamaha CX-A5200-> Emotiva amps-> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom v2, JVC NX-5
Two channel: Custom Audio Linux Server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)->AL NUC NA->Holo Spring L3 DAC ->Audio Research LS28->Benchmark AHB2 ->Paradigm Persona 9H Analog: VPI Prime (Ortofon Quintet Black)-> Simaudio Neo 310LP

Last edited by jszei; 07-10-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-10-2017, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22046 Post(s)
Liked: 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by jszei View Post
As all my sources are HDMI that's a problem. Do you know of any external device that can do this? Am I able to simultaneously output HDMI (to the Pioneer) and RCA L/R (to the soundbar). That eliminates any multi-channel option for me, and is a last resort. I could possibly run optical out from the sources, but don't know if that would also require a separate video feed other than the HDMI.

Edit: I need to correct myself. It's a Marantz AV7701.
The optical output was dropped years ago, such that the AV7701 doesn't have one. You'll need to purchase an HDMI--> optical adapter like the following:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I9JG70A...a-308935523965
post #5 of 6 Old 07-10-2017, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Are you using speakers, the sound bar or both?

If just the sound bar, set the receiver to pass audio to the tv, normally it strips it off and sends it to the speakers. Then from the tv optical to the sound bar optical assuming the tv has optical.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-10-2017, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The optical output was dropped years ago, such that the AV7701 doesn't have one. You'll need to purchase an HDMI--> optical adapter like the following:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I9JG70A...a-308935523965
Perfect, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. You're correct, the 7701 doesn't have an optical out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
Are you using speakers, the sound bar or both?

If just the sound bar, set the receiver to pass audio to the tv, normally it strips it off and sends it to the speakers. Then from the tv optical to the sound bar optical assuming the tv has optical.
Only the soundbar, but it just has an optical or RCA in. These soundbars are supposed to take the pass through audio from the TV but the Pioneer Elite having no audio has left me in a pickle. Not to mention, as @jdsmoothie pointed out, the 7701 has no optical out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page