NAD 758 v3 - Page 249 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6304Likes

post #7441 of 9932 Old 02-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Have you tried turning up the main sub volume on the sub itself, not through the AVR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7442 of 9932 Old 02-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post
Also, Dirac sets my sub to -1db & my sub’s volume knob is just a tick off 12 o’clock.
So minus one is the sub almost full blast right? What’s the 12 o clock thing do? Wonder if I should do that on mine. The SVS have an app.
No SVS app, it’s the position of the volume knob on the sub in relation to a “clock”. My sub has plenty of kick the way it’s set right now. Try running a full Dirac calibration & see how it sounds bud.

Vizio M55-e0 Display Oppo 103D
NAD T758v3
SVS PB-1000 Sub
Wharfedale Diamond 220, 220c 210 system
post #7443 of 9932 Old 02-12-2019, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Have you tried making the sub curve steeper in Dirac?
As I said-I haven’t used Dirac as of yet. I am trying to control for variables right now to see why the relatively expensive sub I bought only sounds kinda big if the volume is really high. If anything from what I’ve heard DIRAC usually lowers bass if anything...I’m trying to rule out what in the receiver could be changed BEFORE doing room correction

As I was curious about in a prior quote-does setting the subs speaker levels in the NAD and boosting the sub part to about 6 DB something that’s recommended or no?

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7444 of 9932 Old 02-12-2019, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astr0b0y View Post
Have you tried turning up the main sub volume on the sub itself, not through the AVR?
I am usually running the sub at between -5 and -10 on the sub itself...which if like an AVR would be plenty loud...

Thanks for all the help guys btw-sorry to be asking a million questions and trying to trouble shoot-just trying to learn from your wealth of experience and knowledge!

Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
post #7445 of 9932 Old 02-12-2019, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
As I said-I haven’t used Dirac as of yet. I am trying to control for variables right now to see why the relatively expensive sub I bought only sounds kinda big if the volume is really high. If anything from what I’ve heard DIRAC usually lowers bass if anything...I’m trying to rule out what in the receiver could be changed BEFORE doing room correction

As I was curious about in a prior quote-does setting the subs speaker levels in the NAD and boosting the sub part to about 6 DB something that’s recommended or no?
You should either a) run dirac or b) do some other sort of measurement to see what your in room response looks like at the MLP. In general I would run DIRAC at all times as it's the main benefit of this receiver, but even if you just run one position sweeps and never go any further, it will at least give you an idea of your sub response in-room. It's hard to say what's happening otherwise IMO.

This is shooting in the dark without measurements, but is the sonos sub your main frame of reference? I suspect it produces a lot of harmonic distortion, and I can tell you from experience that low distortion bass often sounds a bit underwhelming or clinical if you're not used to it.
post #7446 of 9932 Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1811 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcinnamon View Post
Quote:
I just got a pair of SVS PC4000 that I currently only use one at a time but have tried them both. I’m noticing that the strong subs don’t really blow me away and I fact I feel and hear the sonos sub I have a lot more at a similar listening level. I’m trying to diagnose to see if there is something not set up properly with the NaD 758 connections. I have the rca going from the nad sub pre out and into the PC4000 LFE input. I have the receivers crossovers at 80 for the three speakers attached (towers and center). I have the speakers set to small and sub turned on. The Subs volume is -10 which is pretty high. I have to play the receiver pretty loud to notice the bass (-25 or louder). The sub is set in standard mode. While I hear the bass it isn’t very loud unless I go into the tone controls in the NAD and put the bass on about 6DB or higher (up from 0). Is this right to raise this level or is this a improper boost and not recommended? Listening to BluOS tidal mostly but have also watched Netflix through Apple TV.

Anything I’m missing from receiver side?

Haven’t run Dirac yet but not sure that should affect amount of bass I’m feeling/hearing

Thanks in advance!

Anything I’m missing? I just feel I should hear more from a 2.5 grand ported sub...
I've had issues with the LFE output appearing to be low (I haven't confirmed) but with a MiniDSP HD and Crown XLS2002 which has a .775v setting I was not able to have my subs even keep pace with my mains. However, connection to a MiniDSP (nonHD) or directly to the sub plate amp.

Also, tone controls only effect things above the crossover non-LFE channels. That tone control is not a great set up.
Also, others have complained about Dirac low bass output especially coming from Audessy when use DEQ.

What I do is run the LFE through something that handles the output properly (in my case the MiniDSP nonHD or direct connect) and then I boost my sub gain knobs by about 6dB and then boost Dirac by another 6dB.
I bought a MiniDSP 2x4 HD-why wouldn’t that work the same or better then the original MiniDSP that you are using to boost the levels?

So, to confirm, you are saying that the only proper way for me to get proper bass amount of my PC4000 is not through the NADs speaker levels (even the sub part) or the tone controls (bass part) but instead use a MiniDSP 2x4 HD and then increase levels? What is the best way to hook that up to the NAD and sub and do I need a computer to up the levels the way you describe?
I’m speculating based on issues I had. No one else seems to have had them but your symptoms sounded consistent with mine. I have not found a fix because I had an alternative in my case. I am concerned if I need to get miniDSP HD eventually

Are you running through the miniDSP now or are you plugged into the sub directly from the AVR?

NAD 758 v3 with Dirac 7.4.4 + Rotel 976 + Panamax M5300-PM
Paradigm Prestige 75F's + 55C; 8x Paradigm CI Pro P65-R's
DIY MBMs: VRK Build thread + 2x Rotel 981 (bridged)
Sub: 2x Rythmik LVX12 + MiniDSP
DIY Room Treatments: Dutch Floral Prints

Last edited by tjcinnamon; 02-12-2019 at 08:41 PM.
post #7447 of 9932 Old 02-12-2019, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1630
Quote:

Gotcha. The thing is, before Dirac measurements begin, you will set all levels to (roughly) 75dB at the MLP. So technically you should have that as a base from which to edit the curve.

There is nothing saying you can't boost both the curve and the volume knob a little, just be very sure you know what you're doing. I have done this. I think SVS subs have a DSP limiter so they should protect themselves, right? I think you can wake those boys up with some tweaking.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #7448 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 02:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked: 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiata View Post
Strangely this works.

I had a T758v3 installed this evening by Sevenoaks Sound & Vision and all working when they left.

An hour later the ARC sound from LG OLED 55E6 no longer working at all. Trying to watch the news using satellite tuner within LG OLED thus met with silent pictures unless switching to TV internal speaker. CEC equally seemingly disabled.

Switching TV, Bluray, NAD all off and then pulling out NAD power cable and putting it in again left one with all remaining off. Switching LG TV on now woke up the NAD and ARC sound back along with CEC control.

Hope this does not require regular fixing but useful to be able to do if need be.

Thank you for the advice.

I found a fix a while back: Disable the "CEC/LAN/BluOS in Standby" option on the NAD
edved1 likes this.
post #7449 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have just brought the receiver back to the dealer. On Saturday I will receive the replacement. I will do the update directly via RS232 once it arrived and then attach the BluOS dongle. I am too afraid that the update again gets stuck.

TV: Panasonic 65DXW904 || Receiver: NAD T758 V3 || Console: Sony PS4, Nintendo Switch || Front: Dynaudio Special Forty || Rear: Canton GLE 410 || Sub: Klipsch R-115 SW
post #7450 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Soooo, mid February and no news on the DTS:X update... Hope NAD doesn´t come up with a "second or third trimester" prevision.
post #7451 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just got a pair of SVS PC4000 that I currently only use one at a time but have tried them both. I’m noticing that the strong subs don’t really blow me away and I fact I feel and hear the sonos sub I have a lot more at a similar listening level. I’m trying to diagnose to see if there is something not set up properly with the NaD 758 connections. I have the rca going from the nad sub pre out and into the PC4000 LFE input. I have the receivers crossovers at 80 for the three speakers attached (towers and center). I have the speakers set to small and sub turned on. The Subs volume is -10 which is pretty high. I have to play the receiver pretty loud to notice the bass (-25 or louder). The sub is set in standard mode. While I hear the bass it isn’t very loud unless I go into the tone controls in the NAD and put the bass on about 6DB or higher (up from 0). Is this right to raise this level or is this a improper boost and not recommended? Listening to BluOS tidal mostly but have also watched Netflix through Apple TV.

Anything I’m missing from receiver side?

Haven’t run Dirac yet but not sure that should affect amount of bass I’m feeling/hearing

Thanks in advance!

Anything I’m missing? I just feel I should hear more from a 2.5 grand ported sub...
I've had issues with the LFE output appearing to be low (I haven't confirmed) but with a MiniDSP HD and Crown XLS2002 which has a .775v setting I was not able to have my subs even keep pace with my mains. However, connection to a MiniDSP (nonHD) or directly to the sub plate amp.

Also, tone controls only effect things above the crossover non-LFE channels. That tone control is not a great set up.
Also, others have complained about Dirac low bass output especially coming from Audessy when use DEQ.

What I do is run the LFE through something that handles the output properly (in my case the MiniDSP nonHD or direct connect) and then I boost my sub gain knobs by about 6dB and then boost Dirac by another 6dB.
I bought a MiniDSP 2x4 HD-why wouldn’t that work the same or better then the original MiniDSP that you are using to boost the levels?

So, to confirm, you are saying that the only proper way for me to get proper bass amount of my PC4000 is not through the NADs speaker levels (even the sub part) or the tone controls (bass part) but instead use a MiniDSP 2x4 HD and then increase levels? What is the best way to hook that up to the NAD and sub and do I need a computer to up the levels the way you describe?
I’m speculating based on issues I had. No one else seems to have had them but your symptoms sounded consistent with mine. I have not found a fix because I had an alternative in my case. I am concerned if I need to get miniDSP HD eventually

Are you running through the miniDSP now or are you plugged into the sub directly from the AVR?
Haven’t tried the MiniDSP HD yet but I have it just not sure how to connect it from the AVR to the sub or if I need a computer or can benifit with just that being hooked up.

I have also noticed that increasing the speaker level for sub by about 6 DB on the NAD has helped.

NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
post #7452 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhattan View Post
Soooo, mid February and no news on the DTS:X update... Hope NAD doesn´t come up with a "second or third trimester" prevision.
"Sorry no news. We are still awaiting final approval from DTS labs." from NAD
post #7453 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

DIRAC version 2 question

If I am in a room for now that I don’t plan on keeping the NaD in but want to try DIRAC until I move speakers to finished basement is it easy to run a few DIRAC measurements and save them in the 3 slots and then just erase or go over them when I move the unit for good?

I’d like to practice and test it before I do it for real but won’t if it is a big ordeal to erase the slots...

NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
post #7454 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhattan View Post
Been waiting since Nov '17.
post #7455 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
I dont think you will see something like that since these devices are geared around the assumption you have a screen already.

The screen on the M10 allows you to do normal functions like Play/Pause, Next Track, Volume, etc. but you cannot use it to browse music

Why not just dedicate a tablet for the job? Seems like that would be easier than having a screen on the AVR.
Ah, I thought the M10 did have browsing features and an on-screen keyboard. Slightly disappointing for me, but I agree that many people might not care much for it.

Also, it does seem that NAD has a new upcoming AVR with 9.1 channels, the NAD T789 which should arrive in Spring 2019 and should be sporting a large (touch?) screen. I found it here: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-...9-24.html#1170

But that's maybe not something for the T758 thread.
jnation likes this.

NAD C390DD. KEF Reference 1. SVS SB13 Ultra. Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Cambridge CXUHD. LG OLED 55C8.
post #7456 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Im considering replacing my Denon X4300H for the 758 but have some questions and concerns. I would appreciate anyone’s opinion and suggestions. I’ve been using the MultiEQ app for a few months and I’m quite happy since I can now turn off MRC. I use the Reference 1 Curve with MRC off and Dynamic EQ on. I’ve been using DEQ for about 10 years and really like how it sounds. My first concern is losing DEQ. I should mention my dedicated room is strictly for movies, cable and gaming. No music. I also do not want to create my own curves. I read a few posts that the Reference and Dirac curves are similar. Is this true? Would I notice a big difference between them when watching movies? I tried limiting MultiEQ to 300hz and liked how it sounded but went back to full spectrum. I also turned off DEQ for about a month and really missed it so I ended up going back to it. My setup is a 7.2.2 Klipsch RP with dual SVS PB1000. Again any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
tebling likes this.

OLED65B7P/ OPPO UDP-203/ DENON X4300H/ Klipsch RP 440c/ Klipsch RP 250f/ Klipsch RP 240s x4/ Klipsch RP 140sa/ Dual SVS PB-1000/ SVS SoundPath Isolation System/ Auralex Mopad riser for center channel/
post #7457 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post
"Sorry no news. We are still awaiting final approval from DTS labs." from NAD

I got this yesterday: "DTS:X is coming. It has been delayed due to the wildfire sin California this past fall. DTS HQ was in the middle of that and was shutdown for a while. We are hoping for a February/March release for DTS:X"

Quote:
If I am in a room for now that I don’t plan on keeping the NaD in but want to try DIRAC until I move speakers to finished basement is it easy to run a few DIRAC measurements and save them in the 3 slots and then just erase or go over them when I move the unit for good?

I’d like to practice and test it before I do it for real but won’t if it is a big ordeal to erase the slots...

It's as simple as dragging and dropping to overwrite a slot in Dirac
post #7458 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:

I think you're overestimating the difficulty of doing the Dirac a little. The measurements take some time, at least to do all of the positions (you can do less). But once you are all set up and start doing them, it's really a matter of 30mins or so.

Once you've generated the filters, the export takes maybe 2-3 mins, and then you can toggle between the filters (or off) with a button press. You can also delete or overwrite your dirac presets with a few button presses. It's no pain at all.

Even if you don't export the filters, it is very useful to see what each individual speaker's response looks like in room, and what Dirac proposes to correct them to. If you already have measurement capability via REW or something else and are in the habit of doing measurements, you're already aware of this, but if not, it can be very informative and eye-opening.
Soulburner and CrabRangoon like this.
post #7459 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsim7 View Post
I got this yesterday: "DTS:X is coming. It has been delayed due to the wildfire sin California this past fall. DTS HQ was in the middle of that and was shutdown for a while. We are hoping for a February/March release for DTS:X"
Interesting! I got that message over a month ago and what I posted is from yesterday too.
post #7460 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstg View Post
Im considering replacing my Denon X4300H for the 758 but have some questions and concerns. I would appreciate anyone’s opinion and suggestions. I’ve been using the MultiEQ app for a few months and I’m quite happy since I can now turn off MRC. I use the Reference 1 Curve with MRC off and Dynamic EQ on. I’ve been using DEQ for about 10 years and really like how it sounds. My first concern is losing DEQ. I should mention my dedicated room is strictly for movies, cable and gaming. No music. I also do not want to create my own curves. I read a few posts that the Reference and Dirac curves are similar. Is this true? Would I notice a big difference between them when watching movies? I tried limiting MultiEQ to 300hz and liked how it sounded but went back to full spectrum. I also turned off DEQ for about a month and really missed it so I ended up going back to it. My setup is a 7.2.2 Klipsch RP with dual SVS PB1000. Again any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
If you want this to be as close to the Audyssey approach as possible (eg don't edit your own curves), you can just measure in multiple positions (like Aud), load the NAD RoomFeel curve or a Harman curve as your target (I use roomfeel - and much prefer it to the 'stock' Aud curve), and let DIRAC do it's thing as it pleases, just as with Audyssey. You're leaving a bit on the table, with respect to individual speaker configuration and tailoring your curves, but that's fine, and you can always come back later.

With respect to DEQ I can't answer your question as I rarely used it on my Denon, and don't use any DRC on my NAD. I suspect there's at least some form of rudimentary 'night mode' on the NAD, but will let someone more experienced with that chime in.
rosstg likes this.
post #7461 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Hyzyk View Post
If you want this to be as close to the Audyssey approach as possible (eg don't edit your own curves), you can just measure in multiple positions (like Aud), load the NAD RoomFeel curve or a Harman curve as your target (I use roomfeel - and much prefer it to the 'stock' Aud curve), and let DIRAC do it's thing as it pleases, just as with Audyssey. You're leaving a bit on the table, with respect to individual speaker configuration and tailoring your curves, but that's fine, and you can always come back later.

With respect to DEQ I can't answer your question as I rarely used it on my Denon, and don't use any DRC on my NAD. I suspect there's at least some form of rudimentary 'night mode' on the NAD, but will let someone more experienced with that chime in.

Thanks. Yeah if I get it I’ll definitely play around with it but I’m more of a set it and forget it type. DEQ isn’t a DRC though, I think you’re thinking of Dynamic Volume. Thanks for your help.
Soulburner likes this.
post #7462 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Super big plus 1! For certain shows I liken to force stereo to force the surround upmix. I absolutely love it!
Thanks to TJ, Jakub, KenM, and Richardsim7 for your comments. I'll ook forward to messing around with Atmos Dolby Surround Upmixer (which I had not known about.)
richardsim7 likes this.
post #7463 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
I like Dirac but the T758 has a few shortcomings IMO. The NAD has no way to set separate delays for dual subs. You may need a minidsp unless they are equidistant to the main listening position. The NAD doesn't have DTS:X. They say it is coming but have been saying this for over a year. Dolby Surround can't be applied to a DTS signal. You will have to switch your blu ray player to PCM to upmix a non Dolby soundtrack to DSU.

Also keep in mind that in order to do 7.2.2 with the NAD, you will have to use an external amp for the .2 or the rear surrounds. The NAD won't allow you to use external amp for the front channels and the internals for the atmos speakers. I found this frustrating in my setup with a XPA5. I wound up buying an additional external amp to get to 7.1.4. I wasn't going to use 4 of the XPA5 amp channels on the atmos speakers.
post #7464 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaucom View Post
I like Dirac but the T758 has a few shortcomings IMO. The NAD has no way to set separate delays for dual subs. You may need a minidsp unless they are equidistant to the main listening position. The NAD doesn't have DTS:X. They say it is coming but have been saying this for over a year. Dolby Surround can't be applied to a DTS signal. You will have to switch your blu ray player to PCM to upmix a non Dolby soundtrack to DSU.

Also keep in mind that in order to do 7.2.2 with the NAD, you will have to use an external amp for the .2 or the rear surrounds. The NAD won't allow you to use external amp for the front channels and the internals for the atmos speakers. I found this frustrating in my setup with a XPA5. I wound up buying an additional external amp to get to 7.1.4. I wasn't going to use 4 of the XPA5 amp channels on the atmos speakers.
Wow ok, that’s that then. I think I’ll try limiting MultiEQ to 300hz again as it really improved the clarity of my RP’s. Thanks for your help.
post #7465 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

I went from a Denon 4311CI to the NAD 777. It has been a little over a month so I can't speak long term only my first hand experience off the bat.

Sound is better on the NAD than the Denon. Even with the Audyssey Pro kit the Denon's sound was flat and muffled compared to the NAD. Dirac is so much easier to use the Audyssey it is shocking how bad Audyssey is after you have used both.

The NAD doesn't have all of the sound modes of the Denon, but I never used them anyways.

The on screen menu is way better on the Denon. It also has a on screen overlay when changing the volume. The NAD does not so you just have to go by the actual sound itself if the AVR is out of sight.

The remote on the NAD is comparable to the Denon, I like the light up feature EXCEPT for the fact that bass heads (such as myself) will find that bass will make the remote light up due to the vibration.

The fit and finish of NAD seems to be better than Denon.

I LOVE that you can save a couple of Dirac curves and it can use them on the fly.

I use external amps so I can't really comment on the on-board amp. other than using them for surrounds.

The multi-sub output on the Denon is better since NAD treats even the 2 sub outputs as 1 on the 777. That being said the sound is still better than what Audyssey did with the multiple subs.

My best advice is consider all of the extra features / gimmics that the Denon has and if they appeal to you that would be your best choice. If the Dirac is something you are looking at I can say in my case it made a dramatic difference.
post #7466 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbsocal View Post
I went from a Denon 4311CI to the NAD 777. It has been a little over a month so I can't speak long term only my first hand experience off the bat.

Sound is better on the NAD than the Denon. Even with the Audyssey Pro kit the Denon's sound was flat and muffled compared to the NAD. Dirac is so much easier to use the Audyssey it is shocking how bad Audyssey is after you have used both.

The NAD doesn't have all of the sound modes of the Denon, but I never used them anyways.

The on screen menu is way better on the Denon. It also has a on screen overlay when changing the volume. The NAD does not so you just have to go by the actual sound itself if the AVR is out of sight.

The remote on the NAD is comparable to the Denon, I like the light up feature EXCEPT for the fact that bass heads (such as myself) will find that bass will make the remote light up due to the vibration.

The fit and finish of NAD seems to be better than Denon.

I LOVE that you can save a couple of Dirac curves and it can use them on the fly.

I use external amps so I can't really comment on the on-board amp. other than using them for surrounds.

The multi-sub output on the Denon is better since NAD treats even the 2 sub outputs as 1 on the 777. That being said the sound is still better than what Audyssey did with the multiple subs.

My best advice is consider all of the extra features / gimmics that the Denon has and if they appeal to you that would be your best choice. If the Dirac is something you are looking at I can say in my case it made a dramatic difference.
Thank you. I think I’m going to avoid room correction or at least use sparingly. I’ve had about 7 AVR’s in the last 12 years or so. Used several room correction programs and I’ve always felt they do more harm than good. Especially when it comes to newer releases that are mixed for homes anyway.

I appreciate everyone’s help. Sounds like I’m saving a couple of bucks.
post #7467 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbsocal View Post

Get a load of Mr 777 here and his fancy light-up remote

Same for my LG magic remote though, sometimes the bass is so intense it enables the pointer on the screen - but I consider that a win really
post #7468 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, I dropped off my 758v3 off for service yesterday to fix the dreaded AM230 noise. Interestingly, NAD send them three bags of parts and it’s a ~five page repair (T758V3-SB2018-01). It sounds like resistors and capacitors on the card, as well as off the card, are needed, so it’s more than just the AM230. Hopefully it won’t be gone too long..
richardsim7 and KenM10759 like this.
post #7469 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

I just took delivery of a replacement from my dealer for the AM230 issues. My dealer was awesome to just send me a brand new unit. I haven’t hooked up the new one but I did verify that indeed the new card is installed.
KenM10759 likes this.

NAD T758v3
SVS PB-1000 Sub
post #7470 of 9932 Old 02-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Naturally I can't connect to the bluos module...no problems on first receiver but now I can't even locate the Mac address on this one!!!

NAD T758v3
SVS PB-1000 Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page