Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoody51 View Post
Seriously?!

I never once had this issue with my x4400 and this setup. Is this NAD that finicky?
None are perfect, some AVrs do a better job than others, my lexicon mc10 was pretty flawless with hdmi and the nad 758v3 was finicky with the same cable. I suggest trying to find the best premium and shortest cable you can and try that first before you send the NAd back.

Edit, I would ask some of the regulars what cables they are using.
I have 10’ from the Apple TV to NAD and 6’ from NAD to the TV.

I’m using monoprice, premium certified HDMI cables.

Cables are all in the wall so ‘switching’ cables isn’t an easy affair... hence my frustration with this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7922 of 9906 Old 03-20-2019, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebling View Post
I bought a refurb 777v3 a couple of weeks ago. Only after adding a couple of Atmos speakers (for 5.1.2) did I notice that every single speaker is emitting a constant hiss as well as an intermittent tone, sounding a bit like Morse code. With the additional speakers, this noise is now quite noticeable at the main listening position with no signal present.

• Every speaker is affected.
  • It only goes away if the NAD's power is off or Speaker A is set to OFF.
  • It is present for every source.
  • It does not get louder by turning up the receiver volume.
  • I've unplugged everything else on the circuit and it still makes the noise.
  • I've unplugged the BluOS USB dongle and it still occurs.

Here's an audio recording of the noise I made by putting my cell phone right up against one of the surround speakers.

Can anyone identify this type of noise? Any ideas on how to solve it?

EDIT: it just dawned on me that I've heard a similar sound when a cell phone is near an unshielded audio cable. The thing is, it doesn't vary depending on distance to my cell phone, nor does it go away if I turn my phone off. Hmmm.
Sounds like you could be affected by the AM230 card issue that has plagued some earlier 758v3 receivers. I had the same issue, contacted my dealer & they swapped out my unit for a new one. Best bet would be to open a support ticket with NAD.
richardsim7 and Jakub Hyzyk like this.

Vizio M55-e0 Display Oppo 103D
NAD T758v3
SVS PB-1000 Sub
Wharfedale Diamond 220, 220c 210 system
post #7923 of 9906 Old 03-20-2019, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post
Quote:
I bought a refurb 777v3 a couple of weeks ago. Only after adding a couple of Atmos speakers (for 5.1.2) did I notice that every single speaker is emitting a constant hiss as well as an intermittent tone, sounding a bit like Morse code. With the additional speakers, this noise is now quite noticeable at the main listening position with no signal present.

• Every speaker is affected.
  • It only goes away if the NAD's power is off or Speaker A is set to OFF.
  • It is present for every source.
  • It does not get louder by turning up the receiver volume.
  • I've unplugged everything else on the circuit and it still makes the noise.
  • I've unplugged the BluOS USB dongle and it still occurs.

Here's an audio recording of the noise I made by putting my cell phone right up against one of the surround speakers.

Can anyone identify this type of noise? Any ideas on how to solve it?

EDIT: it just dawned on me that I've heard a similar sound when a cell phone is near an unshielded audio cable. The thing is, it doesn't vary depending on distance to my cell phone, nor does it go away if I turn my phone off. Hmmm.
Sounds like you could be affected by the AM230 card issue that has plagued some earlier 758v3 receivers. I had the same issue, contacted my dealer & they swapped out my unit for a new one. Best bet would be to open a support ticket with NAD.
By the way, the AM230 in the 758v3 is the same as the 777v3.

Vizio M55-e0 Display Oppo 103D
NAD T758v3
SVS PB-1000 Sub
Wharfedale Diamond 220, 220c 210 system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7924 of 9906 Old 03-20-2019, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
I have 10’ from the Apple TV to NAD and 6’ from NAD to the TV.

I’m using monoprice, premium certified HDMI cables.

Cables are all in the wall so ‘switching’ cables isn’t an easy affair... hence my frustration with this issue.

Using Blue Jeans HDMI cables from source to NAD, a FIBBR optical to the 4K HDR projector, and a cheap no-name to the 1080p tv. No issues here.

I would buy a quality cable to test and rule out the in wall cable as the problem. It is a lot cheaper than shipping the receiver in for repairs only to find out there is nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7925 of 9906 Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post

Yeah I'm going to call Safe and Sound next and see what they say. As for the AM230 issue, after reading back in this thread it sounds like the noise issue is only present when either 1) selecting the optical inputs as source, or 2) using the preamp outputs? I still get the beeping noise even with my optical inputs disconnected, and nothing connected to the preamp outs.
post #7926 of 9906 Old 03-20-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 1824
Quote:
Yeah I'm going to call Safe and Sound next and see what they say. As for the AM230 issue, after reading back in this thread it sounds like the noise issue is only present when either 1) selecting the optical inputs as source, or 2) using the preamp outputs? I still get the beeping noise even with my optical inputs disconnected, and nothing connected to the preamp outs.

Sounds like something else then
post #7927 of 9906 Old 03-20-2019, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 67
First impressions today after setting up the T758v3

• The controls for the menus are pretty bad... and even worse using a harmony remote- Example: pressing ENTER doesn't actually select something, it's like pressing the down arrow instead? Luckily I can stand in the back corner of the kitchen and get the remote to hit the receiver while being able to see the TV for the settings, so once everything is dialed in there shouldn't be much reason to touch the menus again anyways.
  • The whole wi-fi activation setup process seems way more difficult than it should be.
  • Was a bit confusing getting the atmos enabled speaker part of the setup correct in the menus compared to something like AccuEQ or Audyssey, having to change both the speaker setup and then the amplifier setup.
  • Did an initial run through of dirac live using a UMIK-1, only one measurement pass for the MLP to get a profile started. Seemed fairly straight forward and looks like it really helped things in the subwoofer area. Wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to the full version?
  • Sounded great.
It got late, so I will wait until tomorrow to fully go through all the menu options again to get more acquainted with them. I'll also run through all the measurement spots for the dirac profile. Do I turn off the profile I made today before running measurements again or leave it?

Panasonic EZ1000 65" OLED / Panasonic DMP UB400 / NAD T758v3 / Nvidia Shield TV
5.1.2 speaker setup - KEF R300 / R600c / Q50a / Focal Chorus SR800V / HSU ULS-15 mk2
post #7928 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb01gt View Post
First impressions today after setting up the T758v3

• The controls for the menus are pretty bad... and even worse using a harmony remote- Example: pressing ENTER doesn't actually select something, it's like pressing the down arrow instead? Luckily I can stand in the back corner of the kitchen and get the remote to hit the receiver while being able to see the TV for the settings, so once everything is dialed in there shouldn't be much reason to touch the menus again anyways.
  • The whole wi-fi activation setup process seems way more difficult than it should be.
  • Was a bit confusing getting the atmos enabled speaker part of the setup correct in the menus compared to something like AccuEQ or Audyssey, having to change both the speaker setup and then the amplifier setup.
  • Did an initial run through of dirac live using a UMIK-1, only one measurement pass for the MLP to get a profile started. Seemed fairly straight forward and looks like it really helped things in the subwoofer area. Wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to the full version?
  • Sounded great.
It got late, so I will wait until tomorrow to fully go through all the menu options again to get more acquainted with them. I'll also run through all the measurement spots for the dirac profile. Do I turn off the profile I made today before running measurements again or leave it?
I can only answer the last one: Keep it for now, as you have 3 slots on the receiver that you can always toggle between to hear the differences. Delete it later when you have at least two better ones.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
post #7929 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hello. My T777 v3 does not turn off the speakers when headphones are connected. The receiver recognize the connection of headphones, switches to stereo mode, but does not switch off the speakers. Ask the owners of the T777 v3 to check this on their receivers.
post #7930 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Anyone know if a replacement for the 758 v3 will be out soon? My Denon 2808 is on its last leg. Would be nice if I can hold out for hdmi 2.1 with VRR support for my XBox 1x.
post #7931 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
The AM230 noise issue was happening for me regardless of source, any time I had the 'dolby surround' upmixer mode enabled or was playing atmos content. The atmos channels and surround back channels all made a sort of lumpy irregular digital noise. NAD swapped it out for a new unit with the new AM230 card (you can tell its the new one as the layout of ports is different on the back panel) and the issue is gone.
tebling, edved1 and richardsim7 like this.
post #7932 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFreemen View Post
Hello. My T777 v3 does not turn off the speakers when headphones are connected. The receiver recognize the connection of headphones, switches to stereo mode, but does not switch off the speakers. Ask the owners of the T777 v3 to check this on their receivers.
I'm going to check my T758 for that when I get home later today. It always worked before I upgraded to "v3" status, so I wonder if the AM230 (which the T777v3 also has) may have that issue on mine too.
DrFreemen likes this.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
post #7933 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Twon new issues on my T758v3:

1. Couldn´t get the ARC feature to work. Will try with Premium Certified cables but I don´t have my hopes high.

2. Since no ARC, I tried an optical cable for Netflix. Massive dropout of sound in wireless surround speakers. Yes, I know the "wireless" might be the problem but it doesn´t happen when I play my Oppo 103 or cable or xBox through HDMI cables, so my guess is that issue is related to optical input on NAD. I will try coax cables instead and see if that works.

Not a deal killer anyway, but annoying...
post #7934 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhattan View Post
Couldn´t get the ARC feature to work. Will try with Premium Certified cables but I don´t have my hopes high.
Did you try disabling "CEC/LAN/BluOS in Standby" ?
post #7935 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsim7 View Post
Did you try disabling "CEC/LAN/BluOS in Standby" ?

Yes sir, I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7936 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFreemen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
I'm going to check my T758 for that when I get home later today. It always worked before I upgraded to "v3" status, so I wonder if the AM230 (which the T777v3 also has) may have that issue on mine too.

Quote from this review http://www.avnirvana.com/threads/nad...r-review.3426/

What is Missing?
Simple is Better - until a feature is left out that you really miss. There were only a couple of these for me:
  • Preamp outs are not cut off when headphones are plugged in. This is not a huge deal for me. For most serious headphone listening I use a separate headphone amp. But once in awhile, especially with a movie late at night, it is handy to be able to quickly plug in a pair of phones so no one else is bothered by the sound. With the current design, the pre outs are not disabled by headphones, so one must turn off subwoofers and external mains amps before starting a headphone session.
richardsim7 likes this.

Panasonic EZ1000 65" OLED / Panasonic DMP UB400 / NAD T758v3 / Nvidia Shield TV
5.1.2 speaker setup - KEF R300 / R600c / Q50a / Focal Chorus SR800V / HSU ULS-15 mk2
post #7937 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I use the monoprice "Certified Premium" cables (one 10' one 6') and this resolved my 60hz 4k issues. For Netflix, DTV Now and other streaming stuff I have a Roku Streaming Stick Plus plugged into the 758v3. I've had no problems with this device. The Roku will bitstream audio but it's "Dolby Digital +" not anything super fancy. Could be an alternative to ARC for some folks though.
post #7938 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasjefe View Post
I use the monoprice "Certified Premium" cables (one 10' one 6') and this resolved my 60hz 4k issues. For Netflix, DTV Now and other streaming stuff I have a Roku Streaming Stick Plus plugged into the 758v3. I've had no problems with this device. The Roku will bitstream audio but it's "Dolby Digital +" not anything super fancy. Could be an alternative to ARC for some folks though.
Yes, indeed it is an alternative and what I used (Oppo 103, Apple Tv Gen 2, xBox One) before buying a new LG 4K Tv. Since the Tv is the only 4K source I have, ARC, optical and coaxial are my only options. And two out of three won´t work, so crossing fingers that coax will do the trick. I have no intention of buying a UHD Blu Ray player since Oppo went down, so this better work. Last option is my new xBox One S that will arrive next week.
post #7939 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKK101 View Post
News about the DTS X update :

Hello Kevin, Apologies for the delayed response. DTS X should be available by the end of April, however we do not have a confirmed date. We appreciate your patience and we'll let you know if anything changes.
Will the update take place at the firmware level? Or will acquiring a new PCB be necessary?
post #7940 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Switches speakers off upon connecting headphones

For what it's worth, my T758v3 that started life as a factory refurbished T758 in 2015...immediately shuts down the main speakers the moment I plug in my headphones.

Just like it always has.

OK, it should be noted that my KEF R series 5.1.2 set of speakers are all connected directly to the speaker outputs, not the pre-amp outputs.

BTW, I think it can be a bit involved to have an AVR shut down the pre-outs for when headphones are used. Many AVR's control multiple zones, so it may be more programming work to deal with that.

Last edited by KenM10759; 03-22-2019 at 07:47 AM.
post #7941 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyboy View Post
Will the update take place at the firmware level? Or will acquiring a new PCB be necessary?

Firmware
post #7942 of 9906 Old 03-21-2019, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 36
UPDATE DTS X :

Bob M. (NAD Electronics)
Mar 19, 5:53 PM EDT
Hello Kevin

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Center.

Thank you for your patience. We are very close to releasing the DTS-X firmware update pending final approval by DTS-X. Hopefully it will be released in the next BluOS update.

We hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Bob
NAD Support Crew
Nima, tebling, edved1 and 6 others like this.
post #7943 of 9906 Old 03-22-2019, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Just a quick update on my 777 with the noise issue. I provided details and an audio clip to Safe and Sound, and David over there worked with NAD to arrive at the conclusion that the receiver should be replaced. They provided a shipping label and will be sending a new unit as soon as my old one is on its way. Overall a really great customer service experience, and hopefully the new one proves to be noise free.
richardsim7, Jus32, Shoob and 1 others like this.
post #7944 of 9906 Old 03-24-2019, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1811 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Really wish I would have gotten the warranty at Crutchfield (I didn’t because it overlapped). I’m not thrilled with the NAD support nor reliability. The unit itself is constructed well but there’s a lot of issues that take a while to resolve with only 1 or 2 support staff.

It’s going to be a month before I get my unit back from when I take it in. I may drive to a different state to take it in 😞

NAD 758 v3 with Dirac 7.4.4 + Rotel 976 + Panamax M5300-PM
Paradigm Prestige 75F's + 55C; 8x Paradigm CI Pro P65-R's
DIY MBMs: VRK Build thread + 2x Rotel 981 (bridged)
Sub: 2x Rythmik LVX12 + MiniDSP
DIY Room Treatments: Dutch Floral Prints
post #7945 of 9906 Old 03-24-2019, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasjefe View Post
Bought a refurb 758V3 last week and just set it up today. Not having an easy time with it. My source is a PC with an Nvidia graphics card and i'm attempting to get 4:4:4/60hz/4k display output to work properly. Everything is fine at 30Hz, at 60Hz the video is dropping out constantly. I know my HDMI cables are ok because I've used them before with the same config without issue. Is anyone else running one of these on a PC @4k/60Hz? About to give up and ship it back. Crazy that HDMI has been around for so long but still has all these dick garbage issues on everything.
You are doing better than me! I can't even get 60hz to connect. I just bought a gtx 1660 ti for MadVR and I've gone through two of the cards (ASUS and EVGA). I don't think it's the cards since if I directly connect it to my JVC projector, it works fine. It's something in the receiver - PC connection. I bought a new HDMI that is premium certified 6ft with the little hologram cert sticker and it still didn't work. I've ordered a 3ft Blue Jeans Cable now to see that fixes it. I don't have any other 4k @ 60Hz sources so who knows if the NAD is even capable of it. Will update when the new cable arrives. (Otherwise, I guess I will have to be happy with 4k @ 30Hz)
post #7946 of 9906 Old 03-24-2019, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Is there a setting to use to enable upmixing of 5.1 content to use the Atmos speakers?

The menus are sort of clear but it's unclear what settings do what.

Thanks!

Last edited by kwoody51; 03-24-2019 at 07:42 PM.
post #7947 of 9906 Old 03-24-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Just a quick update on my 777 with the noise issue. I provided details and an audio clip to Safe and Sound, and David over there worked with NAD to arrive at the conclusion that the receiver should be replaced. They provided a shipping label and will be sending a new unit as soon as my old one is on its way. Overall a really great customer service experience, and hopefully the new one proves to be noise free.
Exactly the same experience I had with David and Safe and sound. Also they are doing the same thing for me... truly amazing customer service!!!!
tebling likes this.
post #7948 of 9906 Old 03-25-2019, 02:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is there a setting to use to enable upmixing of 5.1 content to use the Atmos speakers?

Thanks!

Listening Modes -> Dolby Surround
post #7949 of 9906 Old 03-25-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsim7 View Post
Quote:

Thanks!

Listening Modes -> Dolby Surround
Have that on, so good to know that’s the correct setting.
richardsim7 likes this.
post #7950 of 9906 Old 03-25-2019, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Have that on, so good to know that’s the correct setting.
Also make sure dynamic range under the Dolby digital menu is set to 100%, for full dynamic range.
pixphipau and richardsim7 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page