NAD 758 v3 - Page 310 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5987Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9271 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Molon_Labe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,190
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3347 Post(s)
Liked: 4027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard71 View Post
You prefer Onkyo, which is below D/M/Y,
Who said Onkyo was below those brands? I have owned more receivers over the past two years than I want to admit and Onkyo is on my favorites list. D/M is by far the preferred favorite here on AVS. Onkyo lost many customers to D/M due to their HDMI and heat failures on previous generations. Those issues are long gone, but the reputation remains, which is too bad but understandable. The once bitten twice shy scenario.
pixphipau likes this.
Molon_Labe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9272 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 09:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard71 View Post
You prefer Onkyo, which is below D/M/Y, to the NAD, which is above the 3 good Japanese’s?

The more I read this thread, the more confused I am about changing my Yamaha for a NAD. Sometimes I read the NAD is even better than Anthem 720 (which I am also considering), sometimes I read it is “equal no worse” than Denon/Marantz or even Onkyo
its definitely way better than Denon Marantz and Onkyo You will be blown away by the sound after calibration
Deckard71 and richardsim7 like this.

NAD T758 v3 - KEF LS 50 - SVS SB16 Ultra - HECO On wall - LG C8
HT: NAD T758 v3 - Audiovector S3 signature - S3 Signature Center - SVS PC13 Ultra - SVS Prime Elevation - Polk S15 - Optoma UHD40
AVTimme is offline  
post #9273 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Member
 
Phydeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Although I'm not really a "surround sound" kinda guy I'm considering trying out the Dolby Atmos "thing". I have front speakers and a sub but also have two flush mounted speakers in the ceiling just above and slightly to either side of the listening couch. These have never been used (by me) as they were there when we bought the house. They may be gems, they may be crap. But I'm game to try them...

According to the document I read at the Dolby website, this configuration is not far from ideal for their 2.1.2 layout.

But just reading through the NAD manual it seems like you can only enable height 2 if you also have height 1 enabled. I'm assuming height 2 is what I'm wanting, assuming also that height 1 would refer to the ones typically above the front speakers.

Am I confused? Quite likely... Could someone set me straight or advise me on this?

Cheers,
Robert
Phydeaux is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9274 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I simply brought the highs down manually, like a tone control would.

In the future, we'll see if I even use full range correction once I have flat-measuring speakers. Depends what I think of the overall sound.
interesting! You did this in Dirac?

NAD T758 v3 - KEF LS 50 - SVS SB16 Ultra - HECO On wall - LG C8
HT: NAD T758 v3 - Audiovector S3 signature - S3 Signature Center - SVS PC13 Ultra - SVS Prime Elevation - Polk S15 - Optoma UHD40
AVTimme is offline  
post #9275 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richardsim7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1345 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Although I'm not really a "surround sound" kinda guy I'm considering trying out the Dolby Atmos "thing". I have front speakers and a sub but also have two flush mounted speakers in the ceiling just above and slightly to either side of the listening couch. These have never been used (by me) as they were there when we bought the house. They may be gems, they may be crap. But I'm game to try them...

According to the document I read at the Dolby website, this configuration is not far from ideal for their 2.1.2 layout.

But just reading through the NAD manual it seems like you can only enable height 2 if you also have height 1 enabled. I'm assuming height 2 is what I'm wanting, assuming also that height 1 would refer to the ones typically above the front speakers.

Am I confused? Quite likely... Could someone set me straight or advise me on this?

Cheers,
Robert

You can assign Height 1 to any of the height speakers
richardsim7 is online now  
post #9276 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM
Member
 
Phydeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsim7 View Post
You can assign Height 1 to any of the height speakers
Oh that's cool. I'm not in front of the unit, just reading the manual on a mobile phone (scrolly, scrolly...). So somewhere in there you can enable height 1 and tell the NAD that they are the rear height ones as opposed to the front height ones (which won't exist I my case)...

Excellent, thanks so much.

Cheers,
Robert
richardsim7 likes this.
Phydeaux is online now  
post #9277 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Member
 
Phydeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
So just a bit of non-obvious background behind my planned experimentation with Atmos in the above post:

I'm a two channel guy, mostly. It's all about stereo for me but I recently got the NAD t758 v3, a subwoofer and a center channel speaker which is the mate to my front speakers. There is a TV above this and a video source component (both HDMI) plus two monoblock amplifiers driving the main speakers. Up until the new gear there was also an audio source and two channel preamp for music which also handled the audio from the video source; the video HDMI went directly to the TV.

Now I'm "switching" HDMI with the NAD, although I have no other HDMI sources so not really switching anything, and it obviously handles the audio also. And my music source is now the NAD itself via BluOS. Basically works fine, although CEC is never really what it could be... but this is a known problematic area across all products really.

OK, Robert, get to the point. Er, yeah. So I'm considering unloading the NAD T758 and picking up a NAD C658 instead. Why? Because it's all about two channel, yet will allow me to integrate the sub. I think it's meant to be a slightly higher end unit, sound and component wise. I'm using my monoblocks for the front speakers anyway so I'm really only using one of the 758 amps anyway and I'm not sure having that center channel is compelling anyway. The 658 would allow me to use XLR connections to my monoblocks, and they typically have sounded better connected this way with other gear. I just lose the HDMI switching, which is only of value to me for CEC - which is flakey for me anyway, so I'm already using multiple remotes.

So... long story, but that's why I want to try the Atmos effect - to see if it'll make me into a "surround sound" kinda guy.

I'm happy to hear thoughts and opinions though, as I have a tendency to miss the obvious sometimes... And you folks seem pretty level headed and pragmatic.

Cheers,
Robert

Last edited by Phydeaux; 08-14-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Phydeaux is online now  
post #9278 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Deckard71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTimme View Post
its definitely way better than Denon Marantz and Onkyo You will be blown away by the sound after calibration


Also better than a Yamaha A2070?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Displays: LG 65C7V - Optoma HD20 - Panasonic 50PZ80 - Samsung 32C650 - LG M2380D
Speakers: Focal Aria 948- Focal Aria 906 - Focal CC900 - BK XLS200 MK2 - B&W CCM362
Electronics: Roksan K3 - Yamaha RX-A2070 - Oppo 203 - PS4 Pro
Deckard71 is online now  
post #9279 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard71 View Post
Also better than a Yamaha A2070?
Dirac is far better then YPAO so yes, it will sound a lot better than A2070

NAD T758 v3 - KEF LS 50 - SVS SB16 Ultra - HECO On wall - LG C8
HT: NAD T758 v3 - Audiovector S3 signature - S3 Signature Center - SVS PC13 Ultra - SVS Prime Elevation - Polk S15 - Optoma UHD40
AVTimme is offline  
post #9280 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 4,590
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTimme View Post
interesting! You did this in Dirac?
Of course, with the curve editor.
AVTimme likes this.
Soulburner is online now  
post #9281 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Member
 
pixphipau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Have you considerd tapping party streamers and balloons to it? Maybe some flashing LED lighting ...
Oh thats a brilliant idea, i got a spare hue lightstrip ill sellotape it all the way around it..well done.
Molon_Labe likes this.
pixphipau is offline  
post #9282 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 4,590
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
So... long story, but that's why I want to try the Atmos effect - to see if it'll make me into a "surround sound" kinda guy.

I'm happy to hear thoughts and opinions though, as I have a tendency to miss the obvious sometimes... And you folks seem pretty level headed and pragmatic.
I would try side surrounds (5.1) before Atmos as that gives the biggest bang.
richardsim7 likes this.
Soulburner is online now  
post #9283 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Deckard71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTimme View Post
Dirac is far better then YPAO so yes, it will sound a lot better than A2070


So the NAD is better only once corrected by Dirac?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Displays: LG 65C7V - Optoma HD20 - Panasonic 50PZ80 - Samsung 32C650 - LG M2380D
Speakers: Focal Aria 948- Focal Aria 906 - Focal CC900 - BK XLS200 MK2 - B&W CCM362
Electronics: Roksan K3 - Yamaha RX-A2070 - Oppo 203 - PS4 Pro
Deckard71 is online now  
post #9284 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
steakhouse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard71 View Post
So the NAD is better only once corrected by Dirac?
No. Actually without room correction they will sound the same. It is room correction and features that should drive your decision. Imo dirac is the best RC you can have for this price. Trinnov is a bit better and has more tricks but is way more expensive.
Deckard71, neo_2009 and AVTimme like this.
steakhouse_ is online now  
post #9285 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 12:35 PM
Member
 
Phydeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I would try side surrounds (5.1) before Atmos as that gives the biggest bang.
I agree and suspect that would provide a more immersive surround experience with which to judge whether or not I would be "into it". And the height speakers would just put that extra icing on the cake. Sadly, though, I have no easy way to test this. I'm a couple hours from a city, so trying rear speakers on demo is a hassle. And if we did dig the sound it would mean a ton of destructive work to wire them, as visible wires are a huge no-no in this household...

I'm hoping these ceiling speakers are decent enough to give me enough of a taste to see how well surround sits with me. It's probably not a fair test. Waddayagonnado...

Cheers,
Robert
Phydeaux is online now  
post #9286 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 77
So, how reliable would you guys say NAD is these days, specifically the T758 V3? Debating switching from Yamaha to NAD for the Dirac correction, as I have a challenging room and it's not very treatable (WAF).

Also, does the T758 V3 support 2 subwoofers?
sakete is online now  
post #9287 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 4,590
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakete View Post
Also, does the T758 V3 support 2 subwoofers?
Only 1 sub channel.
Soulburner is online now  
post #9288 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 01:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Only 1 sub channel.
Thanks. I guess if I ever needed 2 sub channels I could always get a miniDSP right?

But what about the reliability? Is it just as reliable as most other receivers, significantly less reliable, or no one knows?
sakete is online now  
post #9289 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 4,590
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakete View Post
Thanks. I guess if I ever needed 2 sub channels I could always get a miniDSP right?

But what about the reliability? Is it just as reliable as most other receivers, significantly less reliable, or no one knows?
Haven't seen any issues I would classify under reliability.

MiniDSP is in my future as well. In the meantime, I am using the full 16 milliseconds of delay on my subs (Rythmik).
richardsim7 and sakete like this.
Soulburner is online now  
post #9290 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 01:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Separate question - does NAD really not have an official AVR remote app for Android?
sakete is online now  
post #9291 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 02:51 PM
Member
 
Phydeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakete View Post
Separate question - does NAD really not have an official AVR remote app for Android?
Apparently not, I assume you've check the Play Store. Of the two (official NAD) remotes I see there, one is for a couple of AVR models, but the 758 is not listed.

There is one specifically for the T758 v3 coded by Marc Rooding who, I believe, is a contributor to this thread and took it upon himself to develop using NAD published control documentation. I haven't tried it but it rates high.

Honestly, with the supplied remote and monitor turned on its pretty much all there. But you can also have access via a browser on your phone/tablet.

Cheers,
Robert
Soulburner and richardsim7 like this.
Phydeaux is online now  
post #9292 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Member
 
Phydeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Further to my earlier posting regarding replacing my T758 v3 with a C658, I've posted a query in official NAD C658 thread with an integration idea. Just a thought and I welcome any input to support sober second thoughts.

Hope this link is appropriate, it's still related to this T758 thread...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...php?p=58423724

Cheers,
Robert
Phydeaux is online now  
post #9293 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Member
 
NoFuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTimme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard71 View Post
You prefer Onkyo, which is below D/M/Y, to the NAD, which is above the 3 good Japanese’️s?

The more I read this thread, the more confused I am about changing my Yamaha for a NAD. Sometimes I read the NAD is even better than Anthem 720 (which I am also considering), sometimes I read it is “equal no worse” than Denon/Marantz or even Onkyo
its definitely way better than Denon Marantz and Onkyo [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] You will be blown away by the sound after calibration
I've tested all brands mentioned here, on the same speakers, cabling, physical setup. Denon x3500, Denon x4500, marantz 7012, Onkyo rz730, Onkyo 818 (not Atmos, 2012 device). For quality of amplification on Dynaudio speakers (which are spec'ed 4 ohm and generally called 'hard to drive') I found this to be the list in stereo:

1. NAD 758v3
2. Onkyo 818/Marantz 7012
3. Denon x4500
4. Onkyo rz730
5. Denon x3500

Ampli
Surround (movies)
1. Denon x4500h/NAD 758V3
2. Onkyo 818/Marantz 7012
3. Denon x3500
4. Onkyo rz730

Why the Denon and NAD on a shared first spot? The Denon sounded "sharp, on the edge" the NAD "realistic". Hard to explain ,you have to hear it. Did not hear the NAD with full Dirac version yet (adds room calibration above 500 hz). Expecting for Dirac live full version to be bettering the NAD also in surround, NAD is, for me, on Dynaudio's (now emit M20, audience 122c, audience 62 for surround, audience 42W for Atmos + JBL top rear, B+W surround back) the best option.

I found the Onkyo new generation is of a lot less quality compared to the older generations (818 is 2012 if I'm not mistaken).

NAD has its quirks, but as a company feels the most client & quality oriented where as D/M feels more like moneymakers. They want you to buy the next gen (x3500 is already surpassed by x3600: because you need IMAX or something).

No ties to any company, just want to spend my money on the best option for the optimal experience, music & movies.
NoFuzz is offline  
post #9294 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Deckard71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 491
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFuzz View Post
I've tested all brands mentioned here, on the same speakers, cabling, physical setup. Denon x3500, Denon x4500, marantz 7012, Onkyo rz730, Onkyo 818 (not Atmos, 2012 device). For quality of amplification on Dynaudio speakers (which are spec'ed 4 ohm and generally called 'hard to drive') I found this to be the list in stereo:

1. NAD 758v3
2. Onkyo 818/Marantz 7012
3. Denon x4500
4. Onkyo rz730
5. Denon x3500

Ampli
Surround (movies)
1. Denon x4500h/NAD 758V3
2. Onkyo 818/Marantz 7012
3. Denon x3500
4. Onkyo rz730

Why the Denon and NAD on a shared first spot? The Denon sounded "sharp, on the edge" the NAD "realistic". Hard to explain ,you have to hear it. Did not hear the NAD with full Dirac version yet (adds room calibration above 500 hz). Expecting for Dirac live full version to be bettering the NAD also in surround, NAD is, for me, on Dynaudio's (now emit M20, audience 122c, audience 62 for surround, audience 42W for Atmos + JBL top rear, B+W surround back) the best option.

I found the Onkyo new generation is of a lot less quality compared to the older generations (818 is 2012 if I'm not mistaken).

NAD has its quirks, but as a company feels the most client & quality oriented where as D/M feels more like moneymakers. They want you to buy the next gen (x3500 is already surpassed by x3600: because you need IMAX or something).

No ties to any company, just want to spend my money on the best option for the optimal experience, music & movies.


That’s really helpful, thanks.

My priority is Music, so the NAD looks great, but I like to listen through all channels. In my Yamaha this is a called “9ch Stereo” and the equivalent in NAD is “Enhanced Stereo”. In the Yamaha I can adjust this mode to sound more through Front or through Back (Surrounds) and even I can adjust the height (from total bed layer to total ceiling level, in steps of 1 from 0 to 10). In the NAD, reading the user manual, you can switch off some channels, but you cannot adjust the level, all will sound the same, right? I ask because I want the Fronts to be the protagonist, with the rest of channels sounding only at 50% (heights at 20%) just to enlarge the soundstage. It is great. But I think this is not possible in the NAD

Also, is it possible to access the receiver via web? In the Yamaha it is very handy to save settings or restore settings (you can save infinite settings)

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Displays: LG 65C7V - Optoma HD20 - Panasonic 50PZ80 - Samsung 32C650 - LG M2380D
Speakers: Focal Aria 948- Focal Aria 906 - Focal CC900 - BK XLS200 MK2 - B&W CCM362
Electronics: Roksan K3 - Yamaha RX-A2070 - Oppo 203 - PS4 Pro
Deckard71 is online now  
post #9295 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 77
So when Dirac is enabled, are source signals downsampled at all on the NAD? I know that with Audyssey everything gets downsampled to 48khz (at least on Denon/Marantz), while on Yamaha with YPAO the source signal never gets downsampled (even when it's 192khz).

I believe Anthem ARC can handle signals up to 96khz and will downsample anything above that.

Also, does the T758 allow separately raising dialogue levels (and I'm not referring to DTS X)? Reading through the manual it doesn't appear to be the case, whereas the T777 does have that functionality (as do all Yamaha). It's something I use a lot for late at night movie watching at low volumes.
sakete is online now  
post #9296 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 5,523
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3334 Post(s)
Liked: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakete View Post
So when Dirac is enabled, are source signals downsampled at all on the NAD? I know that with Audyssey everything gets downsampled to 48khz (at least on Denon/Marantz), while on Yamaha with YPAO the source signal never gets downsampled (even when it's 192khz).

I believe Anthem ARC can handle signals up to 96khz and will downsample anything above that.

Also, does the T758 allow separately raising dialogue levels (and I'm not referring to DTS X)? Reading through the manual it doesn't appear to be the case, whereas the T777 does have that functionality (as do all Yamaha). It's something I use a lot for late at night movie watching at low volumes.
The as-yet unofficial android app for the T758v3 does afford bumping up the center channel and surrounds at will, but because I haven't tried it I don't know if those changes stick after powering it down.
sakete likes this.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
KenM10759 is online now  
post #9297 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirosamsung View Post
Does anyone know if using enhanced stereo essentially makes your front mains large instead of small since it says in the manual that it used all speakers on full power to make sound louder?

If I already have 2 subs in a 5.1.4 and speakers therefore set to small would t enhance stereo setting screw up the acuracy if the fronts or other speakers are not using a crossover to send things to the sub and could one wreck speakers because of this?
Bump

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is offline  
post #9298 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokestack View Post
Thanks for the reply.



I would never expect that; I have never seen any menu system on any device where "Enter" mimicked an arbitrary directional control and didn't select the highlighted item or enter a submenu. It's even dumber when you consider that Right actually does what you'd expect. Why doesn't Enter = Right, then, instead of Down?
It's clunky IMO. I find myself getting stuck often.
Agreed. The menu controls are definitely dumb

Sony 75Z9D, Samsung 65JS9500
Monitor Audio Gold 200(2), Gold 350, Gold 50(2), Gold CT280-IDC(4). SVS PC4000(2).
NAD 758, Anthem MCA-5
Apple TV 4K, Nvidea Shield. Mac Mini (2018). Samsung UHD BluRay and X-Box One X. 14 Sonos
Chirosamsung is offline  
post #9299 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 07:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
The as-yet unofficial android app for the T758v3 does afford bumping up the center channel and surrounds at will, but because I haven't tried it I don't know if those changes stick after powering it down.
Thanks. How well would you say the T758 works downmixing a surround signal to a 2 channel setup, in particular when it comes to the center channel where most of the dialogue comes from? Currently only have 2 speakers and will eventually expand to a full surround setup, but that may be another year. My current Yamaha does a decent job of projecting a phantom center, and dialogue is easy to understand, especially in combination with dialogue lift.
sakete is online now  
post #9300 of 9372 Old 08-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Member
 
Stokestack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Have you ever tried entering text for the names of the sources? It's straight-up defective.

Soulburner likes this.
Stokestack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off