Official Pioneer Elite VSX-LX102 & 302 thread. - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

post #121 of 140 Old 12-30-2018, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2.2 4K passthrough issues

I have had the LX 102 receiver for about 6 months and am about to set up a more permanent installation. I am having several issues but the main one I need to confirm is that while it does pass through 4k from my Fire TV using a 25ft cable, it does NOT pass through my LG 875 4k Blu Ray at 2160p (will pass through if player set to 1080p output).

Also the receivers 1080p to 4k upconvert does not pass a signal to the TV (black screen).

I would chalk it up to the long cable, if it did not work with Fire TV (no HDR but 4k passes on Netflix and Amazon).

Also long cable also works when hooked directly from the Blu ray Player to the TV. So the cable does not appear to be the issue.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 140 Old 01-13-2019, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone having issues passing Dolby Vision through the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX301? I have done the manual firmware update to version 2109-6050-7090-0010 through a usb stick and it’s not helped. I have two dolby vision bluray players that have no problem getting a dolby vision picture to my LG TV when connected directly, but I lose it when trying to go through this receiver to the tv. The TV will just show “HDR” instead of “Dolby Vision”.

One of the players has two hdmi outputs so I passed one to the tv and one to the receiver (for audio), but then I had a lip sync issue where I saw the talking or explosions before I heard them and I coulnt fix it no matter what I did with the tv or receiver options.

Pioneer told me that I needed to have some audioquest premium hdmi cables and they had to be less than 10 feet long. I got some belkin ones instead that say dolby vision on them and say they are like 41gbps, but still no dice (because I couldnt find the exact cable).

Here is the firmware update notes from a previous firmware:

Version 2089-3040-7070-0008
- Adds support for pass-through function of Dolby Vision signal.
- When set up "HDMI Out" to "MAIN+SUB", the Dolby Vision video is available from only HDMI OUT MAIN terminal.
- This particular firmware update is only available via USB installation.

Is my issue possibly because I missed that update and a few others? I was previously on 2099-5040-7080-0008, but assume the latest firmware should include this previous updates. Help would be greatly appreciated, I can’t seem to find anything about this on the net.
post #123 of 140 Old 01-27-2019, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer VSX LX102 with subwoofer on stereo mode

How can i enable my sub woofer when in stereo mode in LX102? Before i used to have the vsx923 all i do is set it to from YES to PLUS but now with the LX102 i can't find that option. Does anyone here knows how? thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 140 Old 01-28-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateveli View Post
Is anyone having issues passing Dolby Vision through the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX301? I have done the manual firmware update to version 2109-6050-7090-0010 through a usb stick and it’s not helped. I have two dolby vision bluray players that have no problem getting a dolby vision picture to my LG TV when connected directly, but I lose it when trying to go through this receiver to the tv. The TV will just show “HDR” instead of “Dolby Vision”.

One of the players has two hdmi outputs so I passed one to the tv and one to the receiver (for audio), but then I had a lip sync issue where I saw the talking or explosions before I heard them and I coulnt fix it no matter what I did with the tv or receiver options.

Pioneer told me that I needed to have some audioquest premium hdmi cables and they had to be less than 10 feet long. I got some belkin ones instead that say dolby vision on them and say they are like 41gbps, but still no dice (because I couldnt find the exact cable).

Here is the firmware update notes from a previous firmware:

Version 2089-3040-7070-0008
- Adds support for pass-through function of Dolby Vision signal.
- When set up "HDMI Out" to "MAIN+SUB", the Dolby Vision video is available from only HDMI OUT MAIN terminal.
- This particular firmware update is only available via USB installation.

Is my issue possibly because I missed that update and a few others? I was previously on 2099-5040-7080-0008, but assume the latest firmware should include this previous updates. Help would be greatly appreciated, I can’t seem to find anything about this on the net.
In my experience with my LX102 when i got this unit i updated it thru network LAN directly to my router. it updated it started from the first firmware release then after it installed i turned it on again and run again the online firmware update then it started to download the 2nd release then after it installed i turned it on again then it started the third release until it reached to the latest firmware. so yes i think you have bypassed some previous releases. So in my opinion latest release files doesn't include previous updates. Its not the same with Windows OS service packs.
post #125 of 140 Old 02-22-2019, 04:57 PM

So after a brain break and then going back to it I now have the TV recognizing the AMP's existance, but still no sound coming down. Without another amp to confirm amp vs TV/TV settings Im left to assume its the AMp. Im pretty certain that the AMP simply is a pile of **** though. I have to fight to get it to turn off multiroom, still cant get the firmware update, etc. How the hell can a company release a product and never have it functioning? Pioneer has no product support, at all.
post #126 of 140 Old 02-22-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Your aware Pioneer is now owned by Onkyo?

(R&L: Infinity Beta 50) (Center: Infinity Beta C360) (Surround Side & Back: Infinity IW ERS 210 x 4) (TM: Infinity IC ERS 110 x 2) (Sub: Def Tech SC1)
(7.2.2 Config.) (AVR: Denon-4500) (Audiosource Amp 110 for TM's) (BRP: Pioneer 80FD) (Nvidia Shield TV) (Display: LG-65C9)
post #127 of 140 Old 02-22-2019, 07:06 PM

yes, found that out recently. But that doesn't mean there shouldnt be support. There simply isnt.
post #128 of 140 Old 03-18-2019, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pioneer VSX-LX302 speaker setup?

Hello all,

I have a Pioneer VSX-LX302 that I am trying to figure out if I can use it in our theater that has a 9.2 speaker setup. I'm left with a set of surround speakers to connect. We just upgraded our projector to a 4K and our old Denon does not have the ability to support it. Is there a work a round for the 2nd set of surrounds or are we going to have to buy a better receiver?

Thanks for any suggestions.
post #129 of 140 Old 03-18-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 204
The older lx302 is capped at 7 channels.

For 9 channels or more under $1k you need to look at the new vsx-lx303, lx503 cousins the onkyo rz630/730/830, yamaha rx-a2070 (used/refurb) and denon x4400/4500.
post #130 of 140 Old 03-19-2019, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just bought a refurb 302 from a4l and honestly really disappointed so far. I upgraded from an old rx-v373 that was only 85 watts @ 8ohm. That receiver sounded phenomenally better in every way. This receiver sounds very flat the highs do not scream like they did with the Yamaha. Also the volume level does not seem correct. -25 on Yamaha was very loud -25 on pioneer is no where near as loud. I’ve been through all of the setting and sound modes and it just doesn’t seem right. Did I get a dud??
post #131 of 140 Old 05-04-2019, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twcoons View Post
Just bought a refurb 302 from a4l and honestly really disappointed so far. I upgraded from an old rx-v373 that was only 85 watts @ 8ohm. That receiver sounded phenomenally better in every way. This receiver sounds very flat the highs do not scream like they did with the Yamaha. Also the volume level does not seem correct. -25 on Yamaha was very loud -25 on pioneer is no where near as loud. I’ve been through all of the setting and sound modes and it just doesn’t seem right. Did I get a dud??

Hi @Twcoons I am in a market for new reciever and was considering LX302 from a4l. Did you figure out if you got a dud? were to able to get get good sound from it?
post #132 of 140 Old 05-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by myersj2 View Post
So after a brain break and then going back to it I now have the TV recognizing the AMP's existance, but still no sound coming down. Without another amp to confirm amp vs TV/TV settings Im left to assume its the AMp. Im pretty certain that the AMP simply is a pile of **** though. I have to fight to get it to turn off multiroom, still cant get the firmware update, etc. How the hell can a company release a product and never have it functioning? Pioneer has no product support, at all.

I'm confused reading your posts. You stated you had the AVR 3.5 years yet it was only released in May 2017, so either you are in the wrong model thread or you had a typo. Your comments about multiroom also don't make sense for an LX102.

If you have a VSX-LX102, it should still be under warranty as it appears it was released on 5/31/2017 and carries a 2 year warranty. Contact Pioneer/Onkyo and go from there.

If you have a VSX-1021K, try finding that correct support thread. If you have been trying to update the unit with the wrong firmware that would explain your issues.

Regardless of model. Start by testing for sound with something simple like the tuner. Then proceed to a single input device like a CD player (analog connection). If these work try an HDMI device like a BluRay but just play a CD. If you get sound then try to connect a display just as an output device (no ACR). If that works too, then look at the ARC/CEC setting on both the TV and the AVR.

I'm trying to be helpful. But I think you are confused and frustrated right now. Take a step back. Figure out what you have and then proceed accordingly.
post #133 of 140 Old 05-16-2019, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Love the 4K up-conversion on my 102.
post #134 of 140 Old 05-22-2019, 12:57 AM

Using the wall outlet switch to cut power

Is it bad to cut the power on my Pioneer vsx lx102 av receiver by using the wall outlet switch? 1# For example should I turn the unit off before doing this? (Because I have a lamp on the switch and I flip the switch a few times a day) #2 or if I do it this way should I turn the unit off first? #3 Or should I always allow the unit to have juice while off (standby) i.e. move it to a non switch outlet?
post #135 of 140 Old 05-22-2019, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh1084 View Post
Is it bad to cut the power on my Pioneer vsx lx102 av receiver by using the wall outlet switch? 1# For example should I turn the unit off before doing this? (Because I have a lamp on the switch and I flip the switch a few times a day) #2 or if I do it this way should I turn the unit off first? #3 Or should I always allow the unit to have juice while off (standby) i.e. move it to a non switch outlet?
Do you have half-hot receptacle? One side is always hot so leave the avr on that. If you can't then find another one near your receiver (within 6ft) and then use a surge protector like this https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-12-Out...gateway&sr=8-9
post #136 of 140 Old 06-20-2019, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Does the 302 have MCACC Pro by chance?

post #137 of 140 Old 06-20-2019, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijotter View Post
Does the 302 have MCACC Pro by chance?
sadly mcacc basic. Nothing has had mcacc pro since about 2016 and it was usually only found in their top of the line gear The new 2019 Elite line is bringing back mcacc advanced, if you can wait?

The 302 is a good 7 channel avr, especially for the price. Comparable receivers are rx-a770, denon x2400 and sony 1080.
post #138 of 140 Old 10-21-2019, 05:50 PM

Had this receiver (VSX-LX302) for 3+ years running fine. All of a sudden the was no output to TV on main HDMI but I got sound (not ARC). Tried other components but same issue. I checked the conections and thought it was the cable had failed (long run through walls etc.). I had an old receiver and hooked it up and found the cable is fine and everything worked. So what do I have, a fixable problem or a new doorstop?
post #139 of 140 Old 10-21-2019, 05:59 PM

Pioneer VSX-LX302 no output on main HDMI

I have had this receiver hooked up fine for years. All of a sudden I turned it on and got a no input message on the TV. The sound was comong through (non ARC setup). I tried the other components and got the same message. I thought it wss the HDMI cable (long run through attic and walls). I had a old receiver and hooked it up and everything worked fine. So, do I have a fixable problem or a new doorstop?
post #140 of 140 Old 10-21-2019, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas9988 View Post
I have had this receiver hooked up fine for years. All of a sudden I turned it on and got a no input message on the TV. The sound was comong through (non ARC setup). I tried the other components and got the same message. I thought it wss the HDMI cable (long run through attic and walls). I had a old receiver and hooked it up and everything worked fine. So, do I have a fixable problem or a new doorstop?
Sounds like your HDMI board is dead. It can be replaced. I would contact Pioneer support and ask if they could do a one time out of warranty HDMI board replacement that a fellow AVS forum member suggested. You are after all a long time Pioneer supporter and would like to purchase Pioneer again in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
av receiver , dolby surround , echo , music , Pioneer , pioneer vsx-lx102 , Roku , slideshow , spotify , streaming , video , vsx-lx302 , x930e , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page